Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Have You Ever Met A Real Hitman?
64 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Kanye back in the Studio with Pete Rock and a bunch of Nintendo Wii Games
45 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
MMA Ronda Rousey turns off Stephen A. Smith in rousing promo for UFC 207
49 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Doesn't Skip Ass Day!
89 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 years ago '05        #3061
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,688 | Props total: 3796 3796

[pic - click to view]

that design is clean as fu*k....cant nobody tell me different
 3 years ago '05        #3062
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Five star Patrick has a favorite in mind

Jacques Patrick of Timber Creek (Orlando, Fla.) is ready for his second Five-Star Challenge event. The 6-foot-2, 230 pound running back made a big splash at last year's event as a junior at Chicago's Solider Field. This year, he is battling for the top running back spot.

Patrick has a good idea of where he is headed but will wait until October to announce his decision.
Patrick feels he's made big strides in the past year, becoming more of a threat in the passing game. But it's not like he needed to impress any college coaches. The No. 6 ranked player in the state holds over 55 offers. One of his first offers was from Florida State.

"I talked to those guys everyday, pretty much everyday. I talk to Coach (Rick) Trickett a lot and I talked to Coach (Jimbo) Fisher for about 30 minutes the other day," Patrick said. "He even got on the phone with my mom and even said hello to my brother... The relationship there is great and is always going to be great unless there's a coaching change, which I don't see happening. Florida State is high on my list and always will be."

Florida State isn't the only school after Patrick. Alabama, Notre Dame, Ohio State, Oklahoma, Miami and Florida are some of the main schools in the mix. According to Patrick, two schools that will definitely make his final five are FSU and Alabama. The other schools will be f!ghting it out to make the cut.

The five-star running back still plans to make his college choice on October 27, which happens to be his brother's birthday. But does he already have an idea where he is headed?

"I mean I have a pretty good feeling about where I'm heading to play football, but anything can change in June, July or whatever," he said. "I've been thinking about this decision, I've been in the process for a long time and I'm starting to get a pretty good idea."

Patrick plans to visit schools in the Midwest this summer. In July, he plans to visit Alabama first, then FSU for a camp. He plans to stay three or four days in Tallahassee and may participate and work with FSU running backs coach Jay Graham.

5-Star LB looking out of state

With Brian Bell already in the fold there may be room for only one more linebacker in Florida State's 2015 recruiting class. If the Seminoles had their pick of one more player to fill out the position it would probably be five-star standout John Houston.

Houston says he expects to weigh between 240-245 when he plays in college.
Being from California you might think that FSU is a long shot to land the nation's No. 1 ranked outside linebacker. However, Houston arrived in Baltimore for the Rivals Five-Star Challenge wearing a Florida State T-shirt. He also said FSU and Oregon are two schools that will definitely get official visits at this stage.

"I want to get out of Cali and see what it's like outside of Cali," Houston told Warchant.com. "I want to see Florida State for myself. Everybody is talking about how good it is and big the field is and I want to get a feel for it myself."

What could also help the 'Noles' chances is that Houston would like to pursue a career in law enforcement and plans to major in Criminal Justice, an area of study where FSU has a strong national reputation. He also said he would prefer to play in a three-four defensive scheme.

In addition to FSU and Oregon, in-state powers USC and UCLA are also in the mix and Houston admits there is a lot of pull locally for him to play his college ball close to home.

"My family grew up around SC and the family is fans of SC. Living in Cali everybody wants you to stay in Cali and help the (local) school, USC or UCLA," he said. "I really don't know but want to get to know everybody in state and out of state."

Alabama and Florida are two other programs that he says will be among his top 14 when he makes his first cut of schools.

Comment to Rivals.com about Florida State:

"(Florida State) just won a national championship and they proved they can go anywhere and win, no matter what they do, no matter how many players are down or what they're going through," Houston said. "They could persevere through bad times.

"They're basically trying to get me out there to the campus. They said once you get to the campus my mind might change."

Jefferson trolling twitter

Five-star defensive end CeCe Jefferson was in his element on Friday holding court in front of nearly a dozen media members. It was media day at the Rivals.com Five-Star Challenge and the nation's No. 2 rated strong-side defensive end was loving every minute of it.

Jefferson insists that he and fellow 5-star DE Byron Cowart are a package deal.
A smiling Jefferson insisted that a recent tweet saying that he and fellow five-star defensive end Byron Cowart are a package deal was legitimate.

"Me and him came to that official agreement that wherever he's going to go I'm going to go, and wherever I'm going to go he's going to go," said Jefferson. "He's the top dog in the class and he's a guy that I wouldn't mind playing with.

"This is 100 percent real. You heard it from the horse's mouth. 'I CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart will be attending college together'."

The statement about being a "package deal" with Cowart is being met with some skepticism. You can't blame the media or fans for being a bit suspicious when it comes to proclamations from Jefferson. In fact, the Rivals100 member admits that he frequently "trolls" fans on Twitter simply because he hopes to get a reaction.

"Ninety-five percent of them," said Jefferson when asked what percent of his tweets were designed to 'troll' fans. "You know how it is at night about 2 o'clock in the morning or 10:30 at night, you are just sitting there bored so you just post something you know you can get the fans riled up about. I just enjoy it and they always come back."

When it comes to the Seminoles, Jefferson said on Friday that he will be talking to a.ssistant coach Odell Haggins soon. He also plans to make the short drive to Tallahassee with his father on Wednesday for an unofficial visit.

While FSU is in the mix, Jefferson openly admits he grew up a Gator fan but insists that he doesn't have a leader. Other schools frequently mentioned include Alabama, FSU, Georgia, Kentucky, Ohio State, Southern Cal and UCLA. Even though he doesn't officially have a leader, Jefferson says that he has one school in mind and the odds are good that this will be the school he signs with. But that decision won't be publicly announced until national signing day.

"I'm keeping the suspense but that 85 percent still stands (of which school I'm going to)," said Jefferson. "The only thing that probably could change that is a coaching change or me going there and just getting a negative vibe at the place."

Other notes on FSU targets

Tyrek Cole maintains he is a firm commitment to Florida State. His list of schools are Florida State, Alabama and Miami in that area order.
Cole recruited for the 'Noles the moment he stepped in the Hilton Baltimore (host hotel).

"I've been talking to Calvin Ridley and Da'Vante Phillips, who I think is close to jumping on board. I've also talked with Tarvarus McFadden," he said. "I'm doing whatever I can to make this the best class. I'm really excited about the talent we are bringing in and will get later on."

Cole also said that it isn't set in stone that he will take some official visits to other schools and he explained the reason behind that.

"I'm going to take a few visits this summer and that's to FSU a few times, South Carolina and Alabama," he said. "At this point, I think it would take something big to change how I feel about FSU."
 3 years ago '05        #3063
Chuck_Remixed 144 heat pts144
space
space
$15,804 | Props total: 401 401
 Junior G said:

[pic - click to view]

Damn, that is dope
 3 years ago '05        #3064
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Hallandale (Fla.) four-star linebacker Sh'mar Kilby-Lane has committed to Florida State, per his head coach.

Noles247.com has learned that Kilby-Lane is currently on-campus at Florida State for a visit. His commitment came while on that visit.

The 6-foot-2, 215-pound linebacker chose the Seminoles over Alabama and Ohio State, as well as an array of other offers.

His commitment came as a surprise, as Ohio State was considered the long-time leader. The Buckeyes claimed 95% of his Crystal Ball predictions.

He previously visited Florida State for a junior day in late February.
 3 years ago '05        #3065
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
his potential is through the roof and he's the best LB in our city....THE CITY OF MIAMI.......

EXCUSE ME .....the whole SOUTH FLORIDA is ours it hurts so bad for our rivals

Last edited by Junior G; 06-07-2014 at 04:12 PM..
 3 years ago '10        #3066
USC 79 heat pts79
space
space
$19,651 | Props total: 3113 3113
 Junior G said:

[pic - click to view]

Can't lie, that looks like some Pharoah sh*t. Imma ignore that name tho.
 3 years ago '05        #3067
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '05        #3068
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Lane and Rudolph the next deadly combination in college football......but but but rudolph dont like lane he will never go to the same school as him....but but but lane will never make it to college....he's juco bound

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #3069
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,015 | Props total: 167 167
I cant till I see those jerseys in action.

Lane & Rudolph is KB/Green part 2
 2 years ago '08        #3070
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,998 | Props total: 30 30
Rudolph will be more like Peter Warrick then he will be like Rashad
 2 years ago '08        #3071
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
I hope so lol.

CeCe and Cowart are gators. It's crazy how we cant get n*ggas from there no matter HOW much better we are than Florida.
 2 years ago '05        #3072
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Here are some nuggets and notes I picked from this past weekend's Five-Star Challenge in Baltimore.

Things are looking very good for four-star QB Deondre Francois. He talked up FSU and spent the most time with Jacques Patrick this weekend. Derwin James was also around him a lot. Francois gives off the vibe of a guy that already knows where he's going. I'm also told he called Coach Fisher one time while he was at the Five-Star Challenge just to talk. As I mentioned before, Francois is the top quarterback on FSU's board. He'll end this recruitment in late July and plans to be an early enrollee. Barring a major surprise, I expect the choice to be FSU.

I was actually going to mention this kid in our camp preview, but decided against it because he wasn't a major target. But FSU is still looking at would-be Penn State commit Brandon Wimbush, who I thought was the second-best quarterback this weekend. I'm not saying FSU is heavily involved, but keep him in mind.

I won't waste a lot of time on Jacques Patrick and where things stand because I think most know that FSU is in very good position. He's going to take some visits schools like to Notre Dame, Michigan and Ohio State. But after being around Patrick, I could tell he's a guy that he knows where he's going. Probably even more so than Francois. When the players were away from the media, Patrick was with Derwin James most of the time and they were both talking up FSU to recruits. I think while Patrick is high on FSU, it really helped spending time with James, who is going through the same thing he is with the recruiting process, etc.

A few notes on receivers. First, Calvin Ridley is far from a solid Alabama commitment. He didn't hang out much with other Alabama commits and I didn't notice him wearing Alabama gear in Baltimore. He was also seen hanging out with Da'Vante Phillips and Tyrek Cole most of the time or other guys from Florida. Ridley is from Coconut Creek.

As mentioned in one of my insider reports, Ridley also gave me a totally different vibe during our spring recruiting tour versus this weekend. He was very open about FSU and how much he liked the offense. When I asked him if he's a solid commitment to Alabama, he said "They are in there", which is usually code for "I'm looking around." I've heard FSU feels good about where they stand with him. I wanted to hold off on that note until after the Five-Star Challenge, but I got that vibe from the FSU side well before the camp, so they've been working hard on him for a while.

There is nothing new to add with Da'Vante Phillips. He was chopping through the players lounge with Tyrek Cole when I was talking with Derwin James for our diary feature and I think he knows he's going to be a Seminole. He's not that interested talking about it because he just wants it to happen and move on. He says he might announce at the Under Armour game. But I don't see him lasting that long. I'm still going to say he commits at the summer camp when he visits.

Junior wide receiver Sam Bruce looks like a Miami/FSU battle all the way at this stage. Think of it as Artavis Scott, Part II. This kid is that good and he was the best receiver on the field on Sunday for the final day of 7-on-7. I get the impression FSU is the favorite after talking with a few people close to Bruce. Some of his family are Miami fans and some are FSU fans, but Sam is a big time FSU fan. I think as long as he feels the same way about FSU on his next few visits, FSU will be tough to beat, especially given Kelvin Benjamin going in the 1st round of the draft. He plans to visit in the next week or two.

One guy that surprised me with his interest in FSU was five-star receiver Tyron Johnson. He was right there with Ridley as the top overall receiver. I thought he was more versatile than Ridley in some ways. Johnson told me on Sunday he will very likely visit FSU. Johnson also hung out a lot with Derwin James and Deondre Francois when I saw them in the team hotel and James confirmed that later. I'm not saying FSU is a major player yet, but he's one to watch for a visit.

There wasn't much news regarding the offensive line this weekend as FSU didn't really have a lot of prospects after Martez Ivey pulled out of the event. But Pat Allen seems to be a possibility. I believe FSU trails Ohio State. However, I could tell after talking with him (after media day), he really likes FSU and I believe if FSU pushes, it can get him. He said FSU hasn't talked to him in two weeks, so they may not be sold on him. But I talked with a few guys that hung out with Allen this weekend and they told me when
they talked about coaches, Allen would always bring up Rick Trickett first. FSU needs to really hammer home the comfort factor like they did with Chad Mavety and Roderick Johnson. Allen's personality is similar to those guys. Allen plans to visit in July.

Don't waste anytime thinking about Drew Richmond as a possibility. I don't see it happening. Richmond likes Trickett, but I don't get any kind of vibe that FSU is going to land this kid. He's going to visit this summer, but has already set a date for September 9 to announce his college choice. That's usually a sign a player knows his decision. He likes Alabama a lot, but I think Ohio State is the team to beat.

The two big fish in the trenches are CeCe Jefferson and Byron Cowart. I've talked to people close to both guys and they don't feel Jefferson and Cowart are a lock anywhere. It's very clear Cowart is concerned with possible coaching turnover at Florida, probably more than Jefferson is. I think the firing of anyone on the defensive staff will have a negative impact, but more so with Cowart. I've also been told that the only holdup in not having FSU in his top five is that Cowart's mom wants to visit FSU. He plans to visit in July, so look for her to join him.

Jefferson is also holding off on a decision in order to see how teams do this year. I'm told Florida has pushed to get a commitment from both of them. Like Cowart, FSU will need to get Jefferson's mother on campus. He visits on Wednesday with his father, but I'm told his mother is also trying to make sure she visits with them. It's imperative for FSU to get her there or it's going to be a very tough to land him. Sal Sunseri has made a lot of strides for FSU by building a relationship with his parents. Now FSU needs to do that in person.

On to cornerbacks: Tyrek Cole, Tarvarus McFadden, Iman Marshall and Minkah Fitzpatrick. This is getting ridiculous with the number of targets the 'Noles still have left on the board at this position. I still feel Cole is pretty firm with his commitment. He spent all of his time with FSU commitments or targets this weekend. Also the fact that he visited FSU twice this summer shows how interested he is. One thing I thought was interesting was he didn't mention visiting Miami at all for his summer visits. He does plan to visit Alabama and South Carolina. Earlier this year, I thought there was a decent chance he could flip, but it's hard for me to see it now with the Florida teams slipping. The Gators and Hurricanes are still in there, but they aren't really a threat at this stage.

McFadden, a five-star, is one of the big fish I feel FSU needs to land. I think if FSU can get him to visit one more time, that might do the trick. McFadden isn't like a lot of kids enamored by SEC talk. He knows he's a great player that can play anywhere. It's not a blowout lead for FSU right now, but I would call it a significant margin between FSU and LSU. He just hasn't experienced the comfort he has at FSU anywhere else (and he's been to LSU and Auburn). This past weekend, McFadden hung out with Derwin James, Calvin Ridley, Tyrek Cole, Jacques Patrick and Sam Bruce.

Fitzpatrick is firm to Alabama, but is intrigued by FSU. I think he felt comfortable at FSU, but losing Pruitt hurt its because Fitzpatrick
doesn't know how the corners will be used this year. I think that played a big part in him choosing Alabama based on my conversations off the record with Fitzpatrick and those close to him. That's one of the reasons he wants to visit FSU again and possibly schedule an official visit. He should fine out more about the corners and Charles Kelly's defense then.

Marshall has legit interest in FSU. He isn't big on conferences and I don't think he's worried about distance. Since he is from the West Coast (Long Beach, Calif.) I think comfort will be a tough sell for FSU unless it can get him on campus a few times. I spoke with a few people close to Marshall and they said Marshall mentions FSU quite often, along with Notre Dame. Still, the distance will be a tough sell.

Other prospects: Ray Ray McCloud says he'll visit in July, but I'm going to tell you right now, I don't believe there's much of a chance for FSU. I think it comes down to three schools: Tennessee, Florida and Clemson. I've heard Clemson has a slight lead. I just get the vibe that playing time is the most important thing. Some feel McCloud is concerned about competition, but who knows.
At this point I'll be surprised if he ends up at FSU.

Some other notes I'll throw in. I think Daron Payne is more of an Alabama/Auburn battle at this stage. Same situation as of a few of the other guys that haven't visited. FSU needs to have him on campus a couple of times before I would consider it a threat. Safety Rashad Roundtree is a possibility as well. I get the vibe he favors Duke right now, but keep in mind, he's only visited a couple places. He talked about a two coaches this weekend. One was from Duke and the other was Charles Kelly, so the bond is there, but I think FSU will need a heavy dose of Myron Rolle on his summer visit to make an impact because the Blue Devils seemed to be on his mind.

No I didn't forget about Derwin James, but what else is there to add? His diary pretty much says it all.
 2 years ago '05        #3073
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 904Nole said:
I hope so lol.

CeCe and Cowart are gators. It's crazy how we cant get n*ggas from there no matter HOW much better we are than Florida.
They coach a Gaytor f*g aint he? if so nuff said
 2 years ago '08        #3074
space
space
Everybody knows I trust Jimbo prolly more then anybody on this board but I'm nervous about our DT recruiting. That's an area of need and I'm not seeing no studs or big names coming across our board. I know we have a couple of prospects in VA that seem promising but we need to bring in at least 3-4
 2 years ago '05        #3075
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
nothin new to us we been knew he was the truth since a freshman but

Florida State’s Rashad Greene is Mel Kiper’s top senior wide receiver in the country.

Kiper had this to say of Greene:

“Nobody who watched most of FSU’s games last year would say Benjamin was the team’s best receiver. That was Greene. Stanford’s Ty Montgomery, Louisville’s DaVante Parker, Baylor’s Antwan Goodley and UNLV’s Devante Davis round out the top five at the position.”
 2 years ago '05        #3076
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Everybody knows I trust Jimbo prolly more then anybody on this board but I'm nervous about our DT recruiting. That's an area of need and I'm not seeing no studs or big names coming across our board. I know we have a couple of prospects in VA that seem promising but we need to bring in at least 3-4
just give it time....we had a good class last year. jimbo will pluck who he wants....again we run sh*t this year and you know everybody gonna keep jumpin on....sh*t if we back to back it's over for everybody including bama. if we want em they comin
 2 years ago '05        #3077
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Jimbos Camp today....day 1

Tyler n Kelly coachin up the DBs

[pic - click to view]

Shad coachin the WRs

[pic - click to view]

Darby coachin the DBs too

[pic - click to view]

Walker coachin the DE's

[pic - click to view]

Walker n Cash

[pic - click to view]

Darby n Tyler

[pic - click to view]

PJ

[pic - click to view]

Ermon, Bobo and Rudolph

[pic - click to view]

2 years ago '08        #3078
space
space
 Junior G said:
just give it time....we had a good class last year. jimbo will pluck who he wants....again we run sh*t this year and you know everybody gonna keep jumpin on....sh*t if we back to back it's over for everybody including bama. if we want em they comin
I'm not worried about commitments at this stage. That be the paranoid n*ggas. I'm worried about our board. I don't really see any DT's outside of the ones in VA that are even on our board and we need to pull at least 3-4
 2 years ago '08        #3079
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
This just may not be a great year for DT's. The very top tier n*ggas just happen to be fans of other programs growing up. But every year without fail we end up getting a few n*ggas we shouldnt get so I wouldnt worry
 2 years ago '05        #3080
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Only 1 four star DT in Florida this year nuff said
Home      

most viewed right now
J Prince really think he a godfather
182 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside im going to FAP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i dont care anymore
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you like women, you'll LIKE this thread. If you like men, SLAP this..
64 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Detriot Rapper TeamEastside Peezy locked up on Federal Racketeering cha..
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
is there any bigger simp in film history?
269 comments
20 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside SPIDER-MAN: HOMECOMING Trailer Teaser
87 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Nintendo shows off Super Mario Run & Nintendo Switch on Tonight Show
55 comments
21 hours ago
@games
most viewed right now
Dec 8 - Mark Cuban: Trump is our number one draft pick
32 comments
22 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy