most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 years ago '05        #2981
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775
O'Leary got in another motorcycle wreck and is out for the spring now
 3 years ago '05        #2982
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Here's a quick update from the open portion of FSU's practice today. We'll have more after talking to Fisher post-practice.

First, a few offensive line notes:
-Tre Jackson was dressed out at practice today, but somewhat limited and not participating in contact drills. Kareem Are continued to take first-team reps at guard when Jackson was out. Ruben Carter was at second-string guard and also worked out at center. Bobby Hart also worked out at center at the start of practice. It's been relatively common practice for FSU to cross-train offensive lineman and all players, but I haven't seen Hart at center in the past year.

A few injury updates:
-Scooter Haggins, Nate Andrews, Reggie Northrup, and Mario Pender were all dressed out in pads and participating. It appeared that Haggins was mildly limited.
-Derrick Mitchell, Ronald Darby, Terrance Smith and Justin Shanks were not dressed out. Nick O'Leary was not at practice after his motorbike accident.

And further miscellany:
-RoDerrick Hoskins took some first-string reps at edge rusher, and Lamarcus Brutus also took a few reps at dime back and safety.

-FSU worked a little on kick and punt return, with Jesus Wilson, Rashad Greene, Jalen Ramsey and Mario Pender all working out at punt return. Kermit Whitfield appeared to be getting most of the reps on kickoff return.
 3 years ago '05        #2983
Chuck_Remixed 143 heat pts143
space
space
$15,780 | Props total: 380 380
Get off the fu*kin bike and stay off it. Don't buy another one and don't play video games with bikes in them Nick.
 3 years ago '05        #2984
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
the new uniforms?

3 years ago '08        #2985
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
new logo is garbage
 3 years ago '04        #2986
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 84 84
 904Nole said:
new logo is garbage
Extra garbo.. I hope it doesn't stick...
 3 years ago '08        #2987
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,627 | Props total: 258 258
thats it. its been fun but im done with fsu if they for real are gonna change the logo.

also, those unis are crap
 3 years ago '05        #2988
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Cam: Interesting move for right now as they find the right combo. I was told with Are coming on the coaches have been able to try different things. Cam provides the size, athleticism they can't get with Barron. Still not sure yet if it's permanent. Need Tre to get into form, lose weight.

WR: "b00ty" is how they've been. Travis Rudolph will be an immediate guy. They like scooter, but he can't stay healthy.

Injuries: little frustrating. Lots of them right now, Fisher feels they can't get a true feel yet. Concussions have hit a few the past few days.

Thomas: Kid's k!lling it with what he flashes. Heard 2x today he was behind the line up the middle before the center could do anything. He needs to work on things like shedding block, playing with leverage, etc.

EJ: Watch out for Levenberry. Kid has been k!lling short yardage. He hit Stevenson so hard that his facemask got bent. He's been the only guy who's been able to stand up to Freddie in those short yardage sets.

This team just is looking to find out their identity. They feel they can be a power team with the line and backs, but they want to be versatile. Who steps up there. They are feeling the loss of Shaw huge.
 3 years ago '05        #2989
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
 rfessler1 said:
thats it. its been fun but im done with fsu if they for real are gonna change the logo.

also, those unis are crap
shut up you aint goin nowhere
 3 years ago '05        #2990
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
new commit 3 star OG from Maryland David Robbins
 3 years ago '05        #2991
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
also reminder...the spring game is this weekend and will be on ESPN2 or ESPNU
 3 years ago '08        #2992
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
So many guys hurt won't be able to get a good feel of the squad. I'll be there for Pender and the wideouts
 3 years ago '05        #2993
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Florida State's young wide receivers have drawn both praise and criticism this spring, and it's no surprise - they've got some enormous shoes to fill.

Replacing departed wideouts Kenny Shaw and Kelvin Benjamin won't be easy, but one of the leading candidates to take a shot is freshman wide receiver Jesus Wilson.

Gene Williams - Warchant.com

Jesus Wilson has made strides as FSU's young wide receivers look to step into a larger role.
"You know, I need to step up," Wilson said. "We lost two big receivers last year, Kenny and Kelvin, so it's my turn to step up."

Wilson has drawn the most consistent praise of any wide receiver not named Rashad Greene, and appears to be in the running for one of the open receiver slots. He said he's worked to be consistent with his route-running and timing.

"I've gotten pretty solid," Wilson said. "I just have to work on my alignment, a.ssignment, technique. That's what Coach is really getting on us about. We have to get the timing with Jameis. Me and him are building good chemistry."

That hasn't saved Wilson from plenty of earfuls from both Jimbo Fisher and Jameis Winston as both have pushed the wide receivers to get up to speed to keep FSU's offense working. Fisher said the wideouts have been taking the critiques fairly well.

"They understand it because it's not personal," Fisher said. "When I get off this field I'm with these kids 1000 percent, but between these white lines there's a standard you can't fall below. … It's our job to make you the player you can be not the one you are. And you got to understand it's not a personal thing, we're not attacking you personally, and you got to take coaching."

A buzz around Wilson's name is nothing new - both Greene and now-departed Lamarcus Joyner had positive things to say about Wilson even before last season. Wilson said he made an effort to work out with Greene in the offseason before 2013, and that bond has strengthened.

"Me and Rashad are really close," Wilson said. "he took me under his wing this year and said I have to step up. He said 'it's your turn, it's your shot.' I just have to stay focused and stay hungry."

Wilson doesn't have the size of Benjamin, but he said he's trying to make up for that with speed and route-running precision. He also said he's fine playing in the slot or on the outside, and doesn't have a real preference for either.

Either way, this spring has been an adjustment for Wilson, who now knows just how much different watching Kenny Shaw run routes compared to having to actually do it himself.

"I have to learn every position at wide receiver," Wilson said. "I've really been in the playbook heavy later because I have to step up."

Winston hitting the road

Sophomore quarterback Jameis Winston will participate in the Seminoles' final spring practice on Thursday afternoon, then travel to Atlanta to join the baseball team for a series against Georgia Tech.

He'll be available in Friday's night's game against the Yellow Jackets, then fly back to Tallahassee for Saturday's spring game. From there, he'll fly back to Atlanta and rejoin the baseball team for the series finale on Sunday.

"He likes baseball and football," Fisher said. "Whatever he has to do for his team to play, just like he did last year, that's the part of being a two-sport guy. You have to bounce back and very few are capable. And he's one of them."

Winston has a 1.76 ERA in 15.1 innings for the baseball team this year with four saves in 11 games. He's missed only one football practice this spring while balancing the two sports.

"You get a sore arm but he's been pretty good," Fisher said. "I think it'll start to get better now. I think you see it a little bit in his eyes, the tiredness."

Through a spokesman, Winston declined requests to speak to the media this week.

Stample out with shoulder surgery

Florida State's roster for the spring game took another blow on Wednesday as Fisher announced that defensive tackle Nile Lawrence-Stample will miss two months with a shoulder injury.

Fisher said the surgery was anticipated, but FSU wanted Lawrence-Stample to get as much spring work in as possible before missing time.

Lawrence-Stample's absence leaves FSU with three defensive tackles out for the spring game - and the position was already somewhat thin beforehand. Currently, Lawrence-Stample, Derrick Mitchell and Justin Shanks are all out with injuries along the defensive front.

Notables

Mario Edwards Jr. did not participate in Wednesday's practice, though he was dressed out. Chris Casher and Demarcus Walker split reps at defensive end in Edwards' absence.
Cameron Erving continued to work out at center along with Ruben Carter, but during team drills, Austin Barron resumed his role as first team center.
Tre Jackson was back and participating in practice on Wednesday. Linebacker Terrance Smith was also back. Both have bounced in and out of practice this spring, most likely for precautionary reasons. Matthew Thomas took a few reps with the first team at linebacker with Ukeme Eligwe out with a foot injury.
Running back Mario Pender was out of practice, while fullback Freddie Stevenson took many of the reps at tailback in single-back sets. Fisher mentioned that Pender may have gotten "dinged in the head" on Monday.
 3 years ago '10        #2994
Jeezy187 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,077 | Props total: 494 494
The game comes on at 3. I'm still going to be at work.
 3 years ago '08        #2995
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,627 | Props total: 258 258
still in shock about the new logo. this is basically how i feel.

[video - click to view]

Last edited by rfessler1; 04-12-2014 at 11:54 AM..
 3 years ago '08        #2996
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
The new logo looks much better in person as opposed to that sh*t Walmart leaked. I like the new logo and the new uniforms
 3 years ago '05        #2997
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Beatty is the worst punter in the history of college football....damn he sucks
 3 years ago '04        #2998
FLORIDA_BOY407 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,619 | Props total: 175 175
Is pender out today?
 3 years ago '05        #2999
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
^^ yeah all the rbs are (los, mario, green and cook)...just walkons n freddie stevenson n nigel terrell carryin it
 3 years ago '05        #3000
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
gold team d is loaded.....mario jr, pj, ramsey, hunter, t smith, big 6
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago