Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News Tiny Puts T.I. On Blast She's Confesses Cheating With Flo..
96 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Her ass is stupid thick
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Brother acts like little sister is invisible & she believes him
39 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Oh My Damn!!!!
72 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (2 bx goons and 6 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 years ago '04        #2941
FLORIDA_BOY407 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,617 | Props total: 172 172
Heard reid looked great out there
 3 years ago '05        #2942
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,657 | Props total: 3755 3755
Noles impress at Pro Day

Bob Ferrante
13 minutes ago
Comments:0
Add a comment

Winning the national championship fulfilled a dream for Florida State defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan.
[IMG]
But with seven weeks left until the NFL Draft, Jernigan is nearing another life-long dream.
“My mom actually saved a picture that I drew in church, when I was in third grade, of an NFL player,” Jernigan said. “It’s actually the screen saver on my phone.”
Jernigan, who had 63 tackles and 11 tackles for loss as a junior in 2013, has impressed as one of the draft’s top defensive tackles, a run-stopper that can also pressure the quarterback. He said participating at the NFL Combine in February helped him prepare for Florida State’s pro day on Tuesday.
He’s added about 10 pounds in the past few months and weighed in at 305. But he’s also been focusing on his speed and agility in Orlando with pre-draft trainer Tom Shaw.
“I feel like they wanted to see how well did I move,” Jernigan said. “I feel like I did a good job.”
About 20 former Florida State standouts worked out inside the team’s indoor practice facility on Tuesday before coaches and front office personnel that represented all 32 NFL teams. Among the head coaches in attendance were Pittsburgh’s Mike Tomlin, Philadelphia’s Chip Kelly, Detroit’s Jim Caldwell and Minnesota’s Mike Zimmer.
It was a strong turnout as NFL teams are looking at what could be another deep draft class. Florida State had a school-record 11 players drafted in April 2013, and NFL Network draft analyst Mike Mayock thinks that six Seminoles could be among the top 100 players selected in the draft on May 8-10.
Jernigan and receiver Kelvin Benjamin are considered Florida State’s top two prospects, with both projected by many draft analysts to be selected later in the first round.
[IMG]
Benjamin would be one of the biggest receivers in the NFL. At 6-foot-5 and 240 pounds, he’s almost identical in size to Detroit Lions All-Pro receiver Calvin Johnson. But Benjamin said he’s heard from teams that want him to drop down to 225 pounds.
“They have what they want receivers to be, about 225,” Benjamin said. “It wouldn't hurt if I dropped this weight and got down to 225. I think I would be faster, be more deadly.”
It’s hard to imagine Benjamin being more dangerous than he was late in 2013. While he finished the season with 1,011 yards and 15 touchdowns, Benjamin had 18 receptions for 385 yards and six touchdowns in the final three games -- including the game-winning grab with 13 seconds left as Florida State came back to defeat Auburn 34-31 in the BCS championship game.
But Benjamin is also a relative newcomer to the sport, having picked up football late and has played just five years combined at the high school and college level. Florida State coach Jimbo Fisher said on Tuesday that the best is yet to come from Benjamin.
“I have a lot to learn,” said Benjamin, who has entered the draft after his redshirt sophomore season. “I'm still young to the game. That's what I plan on doing when I get to an organization -- learn from the veterans.”

Looking for a spot

There are just 32 NFL teams few roster spots available for fullbacks.
But former Florida State fullback Chad Abram feels like his strengths have helped set him apart going in to May's NFL Draft.
[IMG]
"What separates me from other fullbacks is I can really catch out of the backfield and I'm faster," Abram said. "I just wanted to show today that I could come out and compete, catch the ball out of the backfield, pass block and do the skill drills."
Abram is likely a late-round pick but he impressed on Tuesday by running well in the cone drills and catching nearly every short or intermediate pass out of the backfield (one deep ball was well overthrown).
He said a few NFL teams have talked to him about bulking up from 236 pounds.
"The main thing they want me to do is beef up, get more weight on me," Abram said. "Put a little more butt on me. I'm at 236, but they want me in the 245-250 range."

Moving on up

If there's one thing that NFL scouts have found to nitpick about Terrence Brooks, it's that he's only played safety for two seasons.
So Brooks, Florida State's fourth-leading tackler in 2013, approached Tuesday's Pro Day hoping to show NFL coaches and scouts that a perceived lack of experience won't present him from succeeding at safety at the next level.
“I wanted to come out here and prove that I’m the best safety in this class and I’m not going to stop until I get it," he said.
[IMG]
Like several of his FSU teammates Brooks chose to stand by the 4.42 40-yard dash time he posted at last month's NFL combine.
But he still participated in a various position drills and came away feeling good with what showed back-pedaling, cutting and breaking on the ball.
He also improved his combine numbers in the broad jump (9 feet, 11 inches to 10-2) and bench press (10 reps to 11).
“I just wanted to come out and show how versatile I was and show good footwork for a safety," he said. "Just pretty much make everything come together on film like I did this year.”
Brooks continued to impress on Tuesday at pro day as his draft stock rises.
“They like what they see. You never know until that day actually comes when they draft you," Brooks said. "I wanted to come out here and prove that I’m the best safety in this class and I’m not going to stop until I get it."

Quote of the day

When asked what his time in the 40 was on Tuesday, All-American center Bryan Stork turned in this gem: "I'm like a gazelle. I heard 5.25 and 5.31. Who knows? I'm a ballplayer and not a track athlete."
 3 years ago '05        #2943
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '04        #2944
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:

[pic - click to view]

That looks like its photoshoped
 3 years ago '05        #2945
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
lol it is
 3 years ago '08        #2946
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,626 | Props total: 258 258
its good to hear tyler hunter is back at it. word right after his injury was he was gonna be done with football. love these lowndes boys. really hopin g5 gets scooped up as a free agent or somethin too
 3 years ago '05        #2947
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
1st spring practice

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '05        #2950
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
How to replace Kelvin? "Place Kermit and Bobo on top of each other." - Jimbo
 3 years ago '05        #2951
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space

[video - click to view]

3 years ago '05        #2952
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
KB, Shaw n good ole Haulstead

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '05        #2953
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Number changes

This time of year, jersey-number changes always draw the most attention and there were several `Noles that have new digits.
Quick disclaimer: these are not yet official and some could still change. The official FSU spring roster will be updated by the Florida State Sports Information Office in the near future.
In the mean time, the following are some of the changes you can expect to see when the roster is revealed.
Sophomore tailback Ryan Green came out to practice wearing No. 6 after wearing No. 15 last season. Despite being at FSU less than a year, this is actually Green's third number. He began his career last fall with No. 24 but switched before the Boston College game so that he could play on special teams alongside linebacker Terrance Smith, who, you guessed it, wears No. 24.
Green wasn't the only offensive player to be sporting a new single-digit. Championship-game hero Levonte Whitfield switched to No. 8 with Devonta Freeman no longer on the team. With Whitfield wearing a new number, redshirt sophomore Mario Pender gets his No. 7 now that he is back on the team.
Freddie Stevenson has replaced Chad Abram as the starting fullback and he has a new number to go along with the promotion. Stevenson is now No. 23 so that allows his No. 33 to go back to Kevin Haplea, who has returned to practice following a lost 2013 season because of a summer-time knee injury. Like Green, Stevenson is now on his third number entering his second year. Stevenson enrolled at FSU last spring as a linebacker wearing No. 51 but switched to the offensive side of the ball during fall camp.
On defense, redshirt freshman Tyrell Lyons has switched from No. 36 to No. 22 and early enrollee freshman safety Trey Marshall gets No. 20. Talk about big shoes to fill; Lyons and Marshall are replacing Telvin Smith and Lamarcus Joyner in their respective jersey numbers.
Redshirt freshman Matthew Thomas wore No. 12 last year but the former five-star linebacker nicknamed "Six" is now wearing ... wait for it ... No. 6. After starring as a freshman at cornerback and safety last year, Jalen Ramsey gave up No. 13 and is now No. 8.
Early enrollee freshman long snapper Stephen Gabbard is wearing No. 57.
 3 years ago '05        #2954
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Florida State kicks off its push for two straight national titles on Tuesday with the beginning of Spring Practice. As FSU gets back on the gridiron a few months after beating Auburn in Pasadena, here are a few things to keep an eye on over the course of the spring:

Who's in the middle?

Florida State is trying to replace a dominant defensive lineman for the second straight year. There's a lengthy list of options to replace Timmy Jernigan, with the most obvious being Nile Lawrence-Stample, who fits the mold of a 3-4 nose tackle with his size and build. But between Derrick Mitchell, Desmond Hollin, Justin Shanks and company, it's still very much up in the air as to who will be in the middle for FSU for 2014. Jimbo Fisher lavished praise on Hollin after the Seminoles' fourth-quarter drills earlier this month, but Hollin has by no means locked up the position.

Gene Williams - Warchant.com

Scooter Haggins is one of several FSU players coming back from injury in 2014.
Jernigan was essential to FSU's stout run defense (124.8 ypg, 18th in the country) and it's unreasonable to expect FSU to find another first-round draft pick right away. But finding some kind of solution to help clog the middle and let FSU's defensive backs and linebackers make plays is key to FSU's attacking, aggressive defense.

Jameis' handcuff

In 2013, FSU fans felt pretty confident about backup quarterback Jacob Coker as the stopgap for Jameis Winston. That all changed when Coker's leg injury sidelined him for the season and FSU was left without a proven option at quarterback. Coker has trasferred, and only third-string Sean Maguire and a lot of question marks remain.
Having the Heisman winner under center is huge, but if FSU's recent history with E.J. Manuel and Christian Ponder is any indication, an injury-free season for a signal caller is no guarantee.

That means finding a reliable backup to keep the FSU offense on the move is a priority in spring camp. Maguire has a cannon for an arm and the coaching staff likes what he can do, but his stats from 2013 are perfunctory. John Franklin made some noise as a scout team quarterback much like Winston did during his redshirt year, but it's unclear if he'll stay at quarterback in the long term.

Finding some kind of solution to back up Winston is essential, so look for Maguire and Franklin to stage a battle for the No. 2 spot. If one of them can perform in spring practice, it will make the FSU coaching staff feel much more comfortable.

It's-a-me, Mario!

In terms of electric, highly touted recruits, it's hard to get any better than Mario Pender. The four-star running back has top-end speed and owns a ridiculous high school highlight tape. But so far, his college film is a bit lacking.
A redshirt year in 2012 and academic ineligibility in 2013 kept Pender from the field, though he's drawn consistent high praise for his practice play. He's in line for the possible No. 2 spot at running back, and if Fisher has shown anything it's that he loves to rotate his backs. FSU had three rushers with 80 or more carries in 2013, so Pender could see significant work if he can stay on the field. The fact that he finished with a 3.0 GPA last semester to become eligible again is a positive indicator that he's ready to finally make some highlights on the field.

Back again

There was an extended period of time during 2013 where some wondered if Tyler Hunter would ever play football again. Fortunately for Hunter, he was able to make a recovery from a frightening neck injury and appears to be fully healthy.
FSU will look to him for leadership in a still relatively young secondary - Hunter could be the only starting senior. If Hunter can return to his 2013 pre-injury form, FSU's secondary could be very impressive.

That's a ditto for Jarred Haggins, a redshirt senior wide receiver who sat out 2013 with a knee injury. Haggins returns at an opportune time to see the field: FSU is in need of playmakers on the edge to replace Kelvin Benjamin and Kenny Shaw. If Haggins can provide a veteran presence at wideout, it'll go a long way towards keeping FSU's offense operating at Jimbo-Fisher-esque efficiency.

On the edge

FSU's dynamic defense got its highlights from the edge rushers like Christian Jones and Lamarcus Joyner - explosive, versatile athletes who could play multiple positions in the same series and keep offenses off-balance.
Charles Kelly spent all spring telling recruits the FSU defensive scheme would stay the same, which means the Seminoles will have to find someone to fill in those dynamic holes. And those are big shoes to fill. Joyner and Jones combined for 125 tackles (15 for loss), 9 hurries, 7 sacks, 4 interceptions and 3 fumbles forced.

Ukeme Eligwe appears to have the inside track to fill Jones' role as a hybrid defensive end/linebacker, but it's possible Matthew Thomas or even Chris Casher could fill that role depending on how the depth chart fills out and who has a good spring.

Filling Jonyer's joker role is another question altogether. Will Jalen Ramsey slide down from safety? Will Nate Andrews prove a viable option there? Or will another unknown option emerge? FSU has plenty of depth in the secondary, and players like Nick Waisome and Keelin Smith must be hungry for playing time. Who gets reps in spring could help paint a picture as to how FSU's secondary will shake out.

- See more at:
 3 years ago '08        #2955
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
Big 6 finally wearing the #6

G5 is probably my favorite player of the Jimbo era, hope someone gives him a shot.
 3 years ago '04        #2956
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 84 84
Man I wish g5 would have kept his head on straight while at FSU.. I hope he gets a shot tho..
 3 years ago '08        #2957
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,626 | Props total: 258 258
if they change our logo im done with sports
 3 years ago '04        #2958
space
space
day 1 spring practice

[video - click to view]

3 years ago '04        #2959
space
space
ira denson done at fsu

3 years ago '05        #2960
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
G5 signed a 2 year deal with the Rams.....damn im so happy for him keep ya head on straight !!!
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Rothschild Conspiracy explained in 4 minutes
87 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Plano High School Curriculum: Beer Pong & Algebra Teacher Puzzy
92 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Middle School Student in China Proposes to His Teacher, Gets Mercilessl..
26 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
370 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
160 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
73 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Envy talks about the difference between Diddy and 50 Cent (Drink Cha..
42 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Short niggas take a L. What else is new?
148 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy