Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
 193
Video inside 'Who Shot Biggie & Tupac' on FoX Right NOW!!!!! *******NEW INFO RE..
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 124
NFL Derek Wolfe: "If you don’t think America is greatest country, why do you s..
132 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
 119
Video inside A Fan Is Burning His NFL Season Tickets on Social Media
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 97
NBA The Bulls and Dwyane Wade have reached agreement on a buyout, per sources.
132 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

 4 years ago '05        #2821
booker20 
space
avatar space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Can't be disappointed with the OL/DL haul. We already going strong at DB for next year with Derwin James(#1 safety) and Cole (top 5 CB)
 4 years ago '05        #2822
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
avatar space
space
$53,388 | Props total: 6326 6326

[video - click to view]

 4 years ago '05        #2823
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
avatar space
space
$53,388 | Props total: 6326 6326
MIDWAY — Florida State or bust.
The phrase wasn’t written across the windshield of his car. Or plastered on a sign in his front yard. Or posted on social media.
But it was etched across his heart – even as late as 11 p.m. Tuesday night, on the eve of National Signing Day.
East Gadsden High’s Derrick Kelly, considered one of the fastest-rising offensive tackles in the country, was holding out slim hope the Seminoles telephoned with good news.
Time was ticking, though.
Dinner was hours ago; midnight was fast approaching.
LSU had offered Kelly.
Florida, too.
FSU liked Kelly, and remained in contact over the weeks, but the Seminoles’ signing class appeared to be filled as of late Tuesday.
Recruiting is a fierce numbers game, a complex combination of psychology, arithmetic and fortune telling.
Kelly’s gut was twisted in sailor’s knots.
His quad ached from a minor surgical procedure that left him on crutches, and cost him the rest of basketball season. However, that discomfort paled to the thought of playing college football in Baton Rouge, La., or Gainesville.
Neither was Tallahassee.
The soft-spoken, polite, 6-foot-5, 300-pounder always wanted to play for the Seminoles. He attended games at Doak Campbell Stadium as a child. Garnet and gold are his two favorite colors.
All Kelly wanted was to be wanted by FSU.
Sorry, no scholarship vacancy.
It was early Tuesday evening.
Frederica McCloud, Kelly’s mother, sensed the distress in her son’s voice when he telephoned her at work. A manager at Winn-Dixie, McCloud headed home early from her shift.
“He called me and was upset, saying he was about to quit football, that he couldn’t take it anymore,” said McCloud, blessed with warm brown eyes and a warm smile.
“I wanted to put my arms around him and tell him everything was OK. We are a tight-knit family. Last night was crazy. I am glad it’s over.”
Kelly’s telephone was buzzing constantly from out-of-state area codes that wanted a commitment.
Kelly bobbed and weaved.
He prayed.
He hoped.

Kelly had options, but not the one that topped his recruiting wish list.
Florida State or bust.
McCloud began to think the Seminoles were a boat that had drifted away. She thought LSU would be a good match for her son.
Not Kelly.
He never wavered.
He watched the clock, and his cell phone.
“I always had faith in FSU, and I just kept waiting for that phone call,” Kelly said.
“Deep down inside, I was hoping, and I knew they were going to come around.”
The Seminoles did, finally.
Around 11 p.m.
Odell Haggins, Florida State’s longest-tenured a.ssistant coach who is well-liked by his players and recruits, telephoned McCloud.
He had a serious tone, but with a twinkle in his eye.
“He said, ‘Miss McCloud, I am sorry. I have some bad news for you. Are you ready?’ ” McCloud said and smiled, giving away the punch line.
“I said, ‘Yes.’ And he said, ‘We have a scholarship available.’
“Odell can be pretty dramatic.”
Charming, too.
McCloud’s home erupted in celebration.
It might as well been high noon.
“I was so overwhelmed, I couldn’t sleep, just thinking of FSU,” Kelly said.
When Kelly arrived at East Gadsden High Wednesday morning, word began to spread the lineman had received a scholarship offer from FSU and signed with his beloved Seminoles.
Teammate Geomarey Smith, a defensive lineman/linebacker who signed with Valdosta State, initially heard the news late Tuesday night on the Internet.
He bumped into Kelly on Wednesday morning and asked if the news was true.
“He tried to deny it, saying I had to wait until the signing ceremony,” Smith said and smiled.
“Recruiting is crazy. It can be stressful. But, at the same time, the main thing is you have to hold on, keep praying, keep the faith. You have to have that.”
FSU coach Jimbo Fisher is bringing in one of the top offensive line classes in the country.
And it includes Kelly.
“When he (Haggins) called, it was amazing,” McCloud said.
Better late than never.
And, in this case, better than LSU and UF.
“I am getting the chance to fulfill my dream, and that’s all I wanted,” Kelly said as he slipped on his Seminoles cap.
Kelly smiled for the cameras, a proud family positioned behind him.
Applause filled the school’s media center Wednesday afternoon.
Florida State or bust.
 4 years ago '05        #2824
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
avatar space
space
$53,388 | Props total: 6326 6326
i'm happy as sh*t for Derrick man......the most NOLE of anybody in this class.....he was ready to quit football because FSU wouldn't offer.......he got his offer because Treon left....it was a blessing in disguise....and makes me glad it went down how it went down.
 4 years ago '08        #2825
rfessler1 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 1472 1472
 MRS. RONDO said:
i'm happy as sh*t for Derrick man......the most NOLE of anybody in this class.....he was ready to quit football because FSU wouldn't offer.......he got his offer because Treon left....it was a blessing in disguise....and makes me glad it went down how it went down.
exactly how i feel. this kelly story had me about to shed a tear. cant forget christmas either though. he committed and shut it down for like 2 years.




trick needs to stop takin these linemen so early in the year though. they better be josue matias types...otherwise, make em wait. just ridiculous we almost passed on DK for ethan frith!
 4 years ago '05        #2826
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
avatar space
space
$53,388 | Props total: 6326 6326
i know i keep forgettin bout christmas.....when wideman left i was like damn the only highly ranked guy we got was nnadi now then i came back across christmas who jimbo said would be the #1 DT in the country if he attended camps or all star games.....it worked out
 4 years ago '08        #2827
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,358 | Props total: 1322 1322
Derrick too real. That boy bleeds G&G. O-line class is stupid.
 4 years ago '05        #2828
MysticKJ 28 heat pts28
space
avatar space
space
$15,188 | Props total: 4083 4083
 4 years ago '11        #2829
mester 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,603 | Props total: 478 478
 MRS. RONDO said:
MIDWAY — Florida State or bust.
The phrase wasn’t written across the windshield of his car. Or plastered on a sign in his front yard. Or posted on social media.
But it was etched across his heart – even as late as 11 p.m. Tuesday night, on the eve of National Signing Day.
East Gadsden High’s Derrick Kelly, considered one of the fastest-rising offensive tackles in the country, was holding out slim hope the Seminoles telephoned with good news.
Time was ticking, though.
Dinner was hours ago; midnight was fast approaching.
LSU had offered Kelly.
Florida, too.
FSU liked Kelly, and remained in contact over the weeks, but the Seminoles’ signing class appeared to be filled as of late Tuesday.
Recruiting is a fierce numbers game, a complex combination of psychology, arithmetic and fortune telling.
Kelly’s gut was twisted in sailor’s knots.
His quad ached from a minor surgical procedure that left him on crutches, and cost him the rest of basketball season. However, that discomfort paled to the thought of playing college football in Baton Rouge, La., or Gainesville.
Neither was Tallahassee.
The soft-spoken, polite, 6-foot-5, 300-pounder always wanted to play for the Seminoles. He attended games at Doak Campbell Stadium as a child. Garnet and gold are his two favorite colors.
All Kelly wanted was to be wanted by FSU.
Sorry, no scholarship vacancy.
It was early Tuesday evening.
Frederica McCloud, Kelly’s mother, sensed the distress in her son’s voice when he telephoned her at work. A manager at Winn-Dixie, McCloud headed home early from her shift.
“He called me and was upset, saying he was about to quit football, that he couldn’t take it anymore,” said McCloud, blessed with warm brown eyes and a warm smile.
“I wanted to put my arms around him and tell him everything was OK. We are a tight-knit family. Last night was crazy. I am glad it’s over.”
Kelly’s telephone was buzzing constantly from out-of-state area codes that wanted a commitment.
Kelly bobbed and weaved.
He prayed.
He hoped.

Kelly had options, but not the one that topped his recruiting wish list.
Florida State or bust.
McCloud began to think the Seminoles were a boat that had drifted away. She thought LSU would be a good match for her son.
Not Kelly.
He never wavered.
He watched the clock, and his cell phone.
“I always had faith in FSU, and I just kept waiting for that phone call,” Kelly said.
“Deep down inside, I was hoping, and I knew they were going to come around.”
The Seminoles did, finally.
Around 11 p.m.
Odell Haggins, Florida State’s longest-tenured a.ssistant coach who is well-liked by his players and recruits, telephoned McCloud.
He had a serious tone, but with a twinkle in his eye.
“He said, ‘Miss McCloud, I am sorry. I have some bad news for you. Are you ready?’ ” McCloud said and smiled, giving away the punch line.
“I said, ‘Yes.’ And he said, ‘We have a scholarship available.’
“Odell can be pretty dramatic.”
Charming, too.
McCloud’s home erupted in celebration.
It might as well been high noon.
“I was so overwhelmed, I couldn’t sleep, just thinking of FSU,” Kelly said.
When Kelly arrived at East Gadsden High Wednesday morning, word began to spread the lineman had received a scholarship offer from FSU and signed with his beloved Seminoles.
Teammate Geomarey Smith, a defensive lineman/linebacker who signed with Valdosta State, initially heard the news late Tuesday night on the Internet.
He bumped into Kelly on Wednesday morning and asked if the news was true.
“He tried to deny it, saying I had to wait until the signing ceremony,” Smith said and smiled.
“Recruiting is crazy. It can be stressful. But, at the same time, the main thing is you have to hold on, keep praying, keep the faith. You have to have that.”
FSU coach Jimbo Fisher is bringing in one of the top offensive line classes in the country.
And it includes Kelly.
“When he (Haggins) called, it was amazing,” McCloud said.
Better late than never.
And, in this case, better than LSU and UF.
“I am getting the chance to fulfill my dream, and that’s all I wanted,” Kelly said as he slipped on his Seminoles cap.
Kelly smiled for the cameras, a proud family positioned behind him.
Applause filled the school’s media center Wednesday afternoon.
Florida State or bust.
 4 years ago '05        #2830
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
avatar space
space
$53,388 | Props total: 6326 6326

[video - click to view]

 4 years ago '05        #2831
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
avatar space
space
$53,388 | Props total: 6326 6326
Trickett k!lled that sh*t though........"2 years ago I couldnt coach oline anymore, jimbo couldnt call plays and all we did this year is win 14 games, a national championship and score the most points in the history of college football"
 4 years ago '08        #2832
rfessler1 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 1472 1472
 MRS. RONDO said:
i was sittin in the back with my uncle and yea trickett and sal had everyone dyin. coaches were too real comin off that season



jimbo gets everyone hype whenever he starts preachin. they need to keep him mic'ed up 247, i'd put his half time speeches up against anyone!
 4 years ago '08        #2833
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,358 | Props total: 1322 1322
Trickett set it off lol. I must say that I've been harsh on him and Jimbo in the past but they've both proved me wrong.
 4 years ago '11        #2834
mester 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,603 | Props total: 478 478
Yea, alot of people crow eating right now.. I'm 1 of them too
 4 years ago '08        #2835
rfessler1 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 1472 1472
 mester said:
Yea, alot of people crow eating right now.. I'm 1 of them too
me too. i always knew jimbo could run the offense but i just about stuck a "for sale" sign in tricketts lawn waaaay too impatient. that one year the entire line was on crutches.



trick still sucks as a recruiter but that dont matter when he keeps turnin 3 stars into draft picks. hes a master chef but a horrible grocery shopper. this year, brew did the shopping!
 4 years ago '08        #2836
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,358 | Props total: 1322 1322
Trick with 4-star lineman
 4 years ago '05        #2837
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
avatar space
space
$53,388 | Props total: 6326 6326

[video - click to view]

 4 years ago '08        #2838
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$6,358 | Props total: 1322 1322
Cro

Went 1st round with a torn ACL and not even a season's worth of football under his belt
 4 years ago '04        #2839
GetOnMahLevel 
space
avatar space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 103 103
 rfessler1 said:
exactly how i feel. this kelly story had me about to shed a tear. cant forget christmas either though. he committed and shut it down for like 2 years.




trick needs to stop takin these linemen so early in the year though. they better be josue matias types...otherwise, make em wait. just ridiculous we almost passed on DK for ethan frith!
maaaaaaan.. i'm sittin here actin like some onions bein chopped up in front of me or something.. that's truly an amazing story.. i know he's gonna play his heart out for the G&G..
 4 years ago '04        #2840
FLORIDA_BOY407 5 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$1,883 | Props total: 575 575
I wonder why everybody got an nfl combine invite except kenny shaw
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 39
How many sperm cells are these women responsible for wasting?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 30
You in LA for the weekend with the homies and you see this ..what you doing?
76 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
NBA LeBron stans can buy "U Bum" shirts in reference to Trump for $21.99
28 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
 18
Article inside Harvard Study: Apple Slows Down old iPhones to Sell Millions of New M..
91 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 16
T-Mobile and Sprint To Announce Their Merger In October
34 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 12
Article inside Xclusive: GAMBIT Story Details Are Here!
48 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 11
When u get caught by ur daddy :mjlol:
62 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Image(s) inside Sep 23 - Newsweek has Trump pegged...
35 comments
1 day ago
@news
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy