Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Last Tango in Paris’ Rape Scene Was Not Consensual, Director Bernardo ..
63 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
OT Have you noticed when athletes drink alcohol after a c..
57 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - America Today, In Cartoons...
50 comments
@news
most viewed right now
LIVENATION cancels Jeremih from the rest of his touring...
56 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 3 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

01-24-2013, 06:31 PM         #261
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'm positive about one thing and I don't care who doesn't like it...Jimbo is a nice guy and all but his play calling does suck. I hear people on here blaming EJ and the receivers blah, blah, blah....ok, who coaches them? Good coaches make good players great. EJ has all the tools but he didn't develop like he should've in my opinion. That's why his offseason QB coach told him to transfer. EJ would've dominated at a place like Ohio State. That spread offense fits his skill set more than Jimbo's.

As for Coley, I don't really know what to say about him really. He's not a proven coordinator but I just say give him a chance against a scrub school and see what happens. But whatever, we'll see what happens next year. If he starts losing next year I'm sure he'll blame it on young players and new coaches.
 01-24-2013, 06:35 PM         #262
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Manofwar9146 said:
The real gangastas is the mafukaz on the captial hill & the jesuits of Rome. If I said sumdin I really meant it. Shiiit u can't even get the republicans to get along with Obama
 01-24-2013, 06:39 PM         #263
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Hey can somebody give me some props...I'm the brokest dude on here
 4 years ago '11        #264
klutch2381 
space
space
space
$179 | Props total: 8 8
There's some overly myopic posts in here. Can Coley be a good OC? I don't know in terms of an empirical sense, all we have is his FIU stint to evaluate. I do know this: talent has a way of making coaches look far better than a dearth of talent. I hate to use the Canes as an example, but Jed Fisch comes to mind. He was dreadful at Minnesota and now he's an NFL OC. I'll give you another example, Jeff Tedford. When he had talent like Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, et al, he was considered an offensive genius. When his recruiting started slacking, and the talent thinned out, he ended up getting fired. That's normally how it works. Do I think Coley will be effective? Most likely. I think the fact that Jimbo was willing to give up play calling (according to a few connected sources) is indicative that he thinks so as well.

I hope Napier isn't promoted or eventually calls plays. I like a dynamic offense. We aren't Alabama. Let's embrace who we are, our history as football power, our culture, and stop being afraid of it. What we currently have as an offensive system is not winning a playoff for the national championship (2014). FSU is in a state that produces the best skills players year in and out in the country. Let's open it up and let these dudes show what they can do -- opposed to letting the defense dictate what we do. And hopefully, we can salvage this class.

Lastly, I'm optimistic that Jimbo will learn a lesson from this mass exodus. You can't treat grown men (coaches) like they're children and expect them to enjoy it (unless you're winning at an elite level, which Jimbo hasn't done). This is a complete inference on my part, but I would wager it has merit. The gag orders on coaches, dressing down coaches, etc., and I'm sure there's much more behind closed doors. People say, "Oh, they all took promotions!" Like them leaving for promotions and FSU's coaching staff being less than an ideal or harmonious situation are mutually exclusive. Yeah, they took promotions, and it seems like they couldn't wait to leave too. Jimbo has to realize that the old adage still applies, "Sometimes less is more."

And y'all need to chill. We're 'Nole brethren, no matter what.

4 years ago '11        #265
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,354 | Props total: 144 144
fu*k all the bullsh*t manofwar u a fu*king lame... In life........ U know how i know u a lame in life???????? Because u is TJ7 too
 4 years ago '11        #266
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,354 | Props total: 144 144
And i hate when muhfu*kas act like sofla is the end all be all to winning... Miami got a team full of the n*ggas now... And they is hot fu*king trash.....

Lowkey fame kinda the smartest n*gga on the board.. Or most level headed..... And me and fame have had our disagreements about jimbo too. But he know like i know that our train aint stopping becuz we lost a fu*king recruiter.... n*ggas just starting to think like a miami fan

And i fux with everybody on this board but that sh*t get old when n*ggas blame jimbo because its raining outside..

I fux with jimbo because that n*gga 1 of the smartest football minds i know since fully be able to understand the game the way i do now... n*ggas act like we done. fu*k outta here with that sh*t
 01-24-2013, 07:20 PM         #267
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 klutch2381 said:
There's some overly myopic posts in here. Can Coley be a good OC? I don't know in terms of an empirical sense, all we have is his FIU stint to evaluate. I do know this: talent has a way of making coaches look far better than a dearth of talent. I hate to use the Canes as an example, but Jed Fisch comes to mind. He was dreadful at Minnesota and now he's an NFL OC. I'll give you another example, Jeff Tedford. When he had talent like Aaron Rodgers, Marshawn Lynch, Desean Jackson, et al, he was considered an offensive genius. When his recruiting started slacking, and the talent thinned out, he ended up getting fired. That's normally how it works. Do I think Coley will be effective? Most likely. I think the fact that Jimbo was willing to give up play calling (according to a few connected sources) is indicative that he thinks so as well.

I hope Napier isn't promoted or eventually calls plays. I like a dynamic offense. We aren't Alabama. Let's embrace who we are, our history as football power, our culture, and stop being afraid of it. What we currently have as an offensive system is not winning a playoff for the national championship (2014). FSU is in a state that produces the best skills players year in and out in the country. Let's open it up and let these dudes show what they can do -- opposed to letting the defense dictate what we do. And hopefully, we can salvage this class.

Lastly, I'm optimistic that Jimbo will learn a lesson from this mass exodus. You can't treat grown men (coaches) like they're children and expect them to enjoy it (unless you're winning at an elite level, which Jimbo hasn't done). This is a complete inference on my part, but I would wager it has merit. The gag orders on coaches, dressing down coaches, etc., and I'm sure there's much more behind closed doors. People say, "Oh, they all took promotions!" Like them leaving for promotions and FSU's coaching staff being less than an ideal or harmonious situation are mutually exclusive. Yeah, they took promotions, and it seems like they couldn't wait to leave too. Jimbo has to realize that the old adage still applies, "Sometimes less is more."

And y'all need to chill. We're 'Nole brethren, no matter what.

Amen and Amen...Are we long lost brothers?
 01-24-2013, 07:24 PM         #268
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mester said:
fu*k all the bullsh*t manofwar u a fu*king lame... In life........ U know how i know u a lame in life???????? Because u is TJ7 too
What? Because you is TJ7 too? WTH? Are you saying me and Manofwar are the same people on here? Woooowww!

01-24-2013, 07:30 PM         #269
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mester said:
And i hate when muhfu*kas act like sofla is the end all be all to winning... Miami got a team full of the n*ggas now... And they is hot fu*king trash.....

Lowkey fame kinda the smartest n*gga on the board.. Or most level headed..... And me and fame have had our disagreements about jimbo too. But he know like i know that our train aint stopping becuz we lost a fu*king recruiter.... n*ggas just starting to think like a miami fan

And i fux with everybody on this board but that sh*t get old when n*ggas blame jimbo because its raining outside..

I fux with jimbo because that n*gga 1 of the smartest football minds i know since fully be able to understand the game the way i do now... n*ggas act like we done. fu*k outta here with that sh*t
I always give Famemob props on here and I value his opinion. And I don't think "our train is stopping." I just think Jimbo needs to do a better job as a head coach and get these issues straightened out and get some stability back in the program. But also, as a head coach, you're gonna get the blame for a lot of stuff that happens with the team no matter what. That's part of the job. I've been a head coach before and I may be having an issue with an a.ssistant but automatically people think it's the head coach. Just comes with the territory. Just because someone has a different opinion than you doesn't mean they're wrong.
 4 years ago '04        #270
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
Losing recruits.
Losing our O-Coordinator.
Jimbo still stubborn.
Fellow Noles f!ghting against each other on BX...

It was all good just a few weeks ago
 4 years ago '08        #271
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
I really dont know what I did to this guy ManofWar for this n*gga to not like me so much All I remember is I said EJ had a bad game and he got mad at me for being a QB that didn't go to FSU and after that he hated me ever since. I don't even know what I did today to make him go off on a rant about me and Pine Hills. IDK it is what it is. I know any ill spoken against me from that young man is really envy in hush tones
 4 years ago '04        #272
iMaGrOWNassMAN! 
space
space
$3,543 | Props total: 0 0
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
I really dont know what I did to this guy ManofWar for this n*gga to not like me so much All I remember is I said EJ had a bad game and he got mad at me for being a QB that didn't go to FSU and after that he hated me ever since. I don't even know what I did today to make him go off on a rant about me and Pine Hills. IDK it is what it is. I know any ill spoken against me from that young man is really envy in hush tones
you the famu QB right? what you thinking with this Coley move? Think our O gonna be straight?
 4 years ago '08        #273
space
space
 TJ7 said:
So who you think should call plays? And what do you think about Napier?
Honestly I want to see Jimbo call plays for one more season with a different QB and see how it goes. Next season is going to be an average season for us anyway so there are no expectations that come attached to him doing good or failing. The only expectations should be on defense with a more aggressive DC and the majority of the unit outside of the DE position coming back.

After that it depends on who's on staff. I would actually like to see Napier get a shot. Napier at Clemson was out of place. He had no business calling plays at that time. I think he was like 29 at the time with little or no experience. I played for Randy Sanders and I know he knows his sh*t especially with QB's. The thing with Sanders is he had great success at Tennessee but struggled bad at Kentucky. They're both Jimbo's type of guy. Balanced. They both want to establish the run first.

Does anybody find it a tad bit ironic that while Christian Ponder was QB NOBODY, including fans, boosters etc had a problem with Jimbo's playcalling? Just a question
 4 years ago '08        #274
space
space
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
you the famu QB right? what you thinking with this Coley move? Think our O gonna be straight?
Yeah I'm the FAMU QB lol.

Honestly all hate aside, yall offense will be straight based off the players yall have alone. What I know about Coley from his time at FIU and from what I know when talking to some old FSU players I know, Coley is pass happy so I expect yall to throw a little bit more than yall did last season.

The thing is though yall won't see a vast improvement in yall offense because your defense is still going to be very bad. Your offense won't be on the field enough for yall to truly see the slight improvements. I do think that Al Golden went after to many "recruiters" and not enough "coaches" to be honest. Yall have 4 Te coaches on staff and no experience with WR or QB's, you're bringing in an OC who hasn't called plays since 2007 and when he did the offense was horrid. I think yall have talent that when yall play the likes of Maryland, Duke, Boston College etc the talent will get your hopes up but I seriously think inexperience in both players and coaches will show itself against better teams
 4 years ago '08        #275
space
space
Yall want some good news. James Hearns decommitted from UF today.
 4 years ago '10        #276
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
 iMaGrOWNassMAN! said:
Losing recruits.
Losing our O-Coordinator.
Jimbo still stubborn.
Fellow Noles f!ghting against each other on BX...

It was all good just a few weeks ago
For real...wth?
Honestly our 2013 class was garbage with or without Coley.
Our 2014 class
 4 years ago '05        #277
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,653 | Props total: 3743 3743
 F.A.M.E.M.O.B. said:
Yall want some good news. James Hearns decommitted from UF today.
that n*gga suck though
 4 years ago '05        #278
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,653 | Props total: 3743 3743
these posts gonna be gold in a couple years..........sky aint fallin exactly we got good depth n we had the #2 class last season.....but its still fun to complain n sh*t on jimbo
 4 years ago '08        #279
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
that n*gga suck though
LOL I know and with his horrible attitude that n*gga gonna be a bust anyway. I just wanted to lighten the mood in this darken vessel we call a thread
 4 years ago '08        #280
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
these posts gonna be gold in a couple years..........sky aint fallin exactly we got good depth n we had the #2 class last season.....but its still fun to complain n sh*t on jimbo
And we got the #10 class right now. We'll be good
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - ATL strikes AGAIN: Man raped by homo thug crew snapchat setup
138 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I'm fu-king PISSED _____________ ! stole my Rosario Dawson
149 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Island Girl Is A Lightskin Goddess
58 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If you could have a threesome with 2...who would u pick?
126 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside [Tha Carter 5] Lil Wayne - Start This sh-t Off Right (Ft. Mannie Fresh)
176 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Las Vegas math teacher - smash or pass
105 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 3 - Trumpgrets: Trump Voters ALREADY Regret The Fu€kery They Commi..
351 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Guardians of The Galaxy trailer #2
84 comments
1 day ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy