Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside ARIANA GRANDE and MADONNA TWERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!
21 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Charlamagne hanging out with Tomi Lahren in Times Square
19 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 2 - Girl who was bullied kills herself in front of her family
45 comments
@news
most viewed right now
BOX Conor McGregor Speaks on Boxing License & Next Move
20 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 years ago '11        #2761
klutch2381 
space
space
space
$179 | Props total: 8 8
2014 Recruiting Class Predictions

Noles247 Staff
21 minutes ago
Comments:2
Add a comment

A look at how Noles247.com's Josh Newberg and Chris Nee expect Florida State's class to finish out.
[IMG]

Top Targets

Five-star DE Lorenzo Carter – Norcross (Ga.)
Details: Carter has taken his time with the process and invested a great deal of time in evaluating his options. During his recruitment, schools such as Alabama, Florida, and most recently Georgia have been considered the favorites. He will have taken official visits to Florida, Florida State, Georgia, and LSU before deciding.
Josh Newberg’s Prediction: Georgia (70%) - I've felt Carter was headed to Georgia for the last couple months. Florida State made up a lot of ground and I think they come in second for the Peach State prospect.
Chris Nee’s Prediction: Georgia (60%) – In the end, I think the home state team wins out for Carter. The final visit will help Georgia seal a victory in a race they have led for some time.
Five-star CB Marlon Humphrey – Hoover (Ala.)
Details: Humphrey, an Alabama legacy, has considered a number of schools throughout his recruitment but the main two in the discussion have always been Alabama and Florida State. The Seminoles have made football and track a priority with Humphrey. Humphrey had a long-standing relationship with former defensive coordinator Jeremy Pruitt, who had ties to Humphrey’s high school.
J.N. Prediction: Alabama (55%) - This one is a lot closer than people realize. The loss of Pruitt didn't have the impact that some were insinuating. I'm told this will be a very tough decision for Humphrey, but in the end it looks like Bama.
C.N. Prediction: Alabama (70%) – I’ve always thought it was going to be Alabama. When Pruitt departed FSU, that sealed it for me. FSU hung around due to the track program being appealing, but it didn't matter in the end.
Five-star WR Malachi Dupre – New Orleans (La.) John Curtis
Details: Dupre has long been considered likely to stay in-state, but five officials over a little more than two weeks leading up to National Signing Day has led to some uneasiness for the Bayou Bengals. Dupre checked out Alabama, Florida State, LSU, Ole Miss, and UCLA before he will announce his decision.
J.N. Prediction: Florida State (52%) - This is a really close battle. I'm picking Florida State to edge out LSU on Signing Day. Getting the entire Dupre family on campus for the official visit was huge for the 'Noles. In order to steal a kid from the hometown team, you must have the support of the entire family.
C.N. Prediction: LSU (51%) – Florida State has made a great charge for Dupre down the stretch, but he decides to stay in-state.
Five-star DE Chad Thomas – Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington
Details: Thomas is a long-time Miami commitment who decided to take official visits to Alabama and Florida State over the two weekends leading up to National Signing Day.
J.N. Prediction: Miami (89%) - Not having the family on the visit was telling. I believe that if he was going to flip to Florida State, Thomas would have brought his parents along last weekend on his official visit to Tallahassee.
C.N. Prediction: Miami (70%) – ‘Canes retain a very important commitment. Early playing time combined with academic offerings in his desired major lead to him sticking with the local team.
Four-star DL Malik McDowell – Detroit (Mich.) Southfield
Details: Florida State has made a strong January run at McDowell. The Seminoles have thrust themselves into the conversation with long-time contenders such as Michigan, Michigan State, and Ohio State.
J.N. Prediction: Florida State (58%) - McDowell's father has long been known to be an Florida State fan. Getting his mom on campus for the official visit is what turned this recruitment. the 'Noles needed to win mom over in order to pull McDowell out of Michigan and they did that last weekend.
C.N. Prediction: Michigan State (60%) – McDowell decides to stay home for college and play for the Rose Bowl Champions.
Four-star WR Ermon Lane – Homestead (Fla.)
Details: The former Florida commitment will take just one official visit, to Florida State. He hasn’t mentioned interest or consideration of any other schools.
J.N. Prediction: Florida State (97%) - Lane has been Florida State bound for the last 4 or 5 weeks. His only official visit is to Florida State and it will come just days before Signing Day.
C.N. Prediction: Florida State (99%) – Been a done deal since Dalvin Cook committed.
Four-star OT Roderick Johnson - Florissant (Mo.) Hazelwood Central
Details: A long-time lean to the Seminoles, the only other school in the picture with Johnson is Ohio State.
J.N. Prediction: Florida State (90%) - The 'Noles have been the only team in the picture for months now. It's a bit surprising he didn't announce earlier. I still have a good feeling it will be Florida State on Signing Day.
C.N. Prediction: Florida State (98%) – Long-time lean wanted his day.
Four-star DT Derrick Nnadi – Virginia Beach (Va.) Ocean Lakes
Details: Nnadi has considered Florida State, Ohio State, Penn State, Virginia, and Virginia Tech. The top two are considered Florida State and Virginia Tech.
J.N. Prediction: Florida State (80%) - I got Florida State over Virginia Tech. Early playing time is available and Nnadi has a very good relationship with FSU defensive tackles coach Odell Haggins.
C.N. Prediction: Florida State (60%) – FSU wins a tight battle upsetting the local school. Odell Haggins has done a great job recruiting him and Timmy Jernigan's success was a selling point.
Four-star DB J.C. Jackson – Immokalee (Fla.)
Details: Jackson is a former Florida State commitment who is committed to Florida at this time. Down the stretch, he has heavily considered the three in-state schools – Florida, Florida State, and Miami.
J.N. Prediction: Florida State (51%) - This prediction hinges on whether or not J.C Jackson takes his official visit to Florida State this weekend. As of Monday evening, I'm hearing the visit is on. If he makes the visit, he signs with FSU.
C.N. Prediction: Florida State (51%) – The percentage would be higher if the visit was 100% locked in. I believe that if he visits this weekend, he signs with FSU.
Four-star ATH Javon Harrison – Lakeland (Fla.) Kathleen
Details: A long-time Virginia Tech commitment who considered Florida and Florida State down the stretch. The Seminoles are interested in him as a wide receiver.
J.N. Prediction: Virginia Tech (60%) - Florida State went from having no contact with Harrison just three months ago to possibly flipping the four-star wide receiver from a team he's been committed to for well over a year. I see the 'Noles coming up just short on Signing Day.
C.N. Prediction: Florida State (55%) – Tough kid to read, but I believe Harrison opts to stay closer to home and join FSU’s impressive wide receiver haul.
Four-star OT Frank Ragnow – Chanhassen (Minn.)
Details: A long-time target for the Seminoles who finished his official visits in December. His top three consists of Arkansas, Florida State, and Minnesota.
J.N. Prediction: Minnesota (70%) - Flirted with Florida State for a while, but it looks like the 'Noles 2014 offensive line class will be full by the time Ragnow decides.
C.N. Prediction: Minnesota (70%) – Gophers positive season helped Ragnow decide to stay closer to home.
Four-star OT Derrick Kelly – Havana (Fla.) East Gadsden
Details: Kelly, a former Kentucky commitment, drew a great deal of major interest over the final months of the process. He took official visits to Florida, South Florida, and LSU. He is also considering Florida State, Georgia, and South Carolina.
J.N. Prediction: LSU (60%) - The Gators are making a late push for Kelly. I see them finishing second to the Tigers. Florida State would be in the mix, but they don't have room for Kelly as it stands right now.
C.N. Prediction: LSU (55%) – A victim of space at FSU. If the Seminoles had pushed harder throughout the final month, he’d likely be a Seminole. A last minute offer that he can commit to could make things interesting.
Three-star ATH Myles Autry – Norcross (Ga.)
Details: Autry is a prospect Florida State has shown lukewarm interest in down the stretch. The Seminoles were in the picture along with Florida and Georgia Tech. His brother is a currently player for the Yellow Jackets.
J.N. Prediction: Georgia Tech (55%) - The Gators have come on strong since they've decided to go to more of a spread offense. Autry has a brother that plays at Georgia Tech and that's where I see him going.
C.N. Prediction: Georgia Tech (60%) – Not convinced FSU is a real option for Autry at this point. He may potentially end up being an academic casualty regardless of who he ends up signing with.

Committed, but could flip

Four-star QB/ATH Treon Harris – Miami (Fla.) Booker T. Washington
Details: Harris has been committed to Florida State since July. Harris recently decided to take official visits to Auburn, Florida, and Miami. The main contender for his services is considered Florida.
J.N. Prediction: Florida State (75%) - According to several sources, Harris remains solid to FSU after visits to Florida and Auburn in consecutive weeks.
C.N. Prediction: Florida State (60%) – Harris honors his original pledge, despite interest in the Gators.
Four-star DL Dexter Wideman – Saluda (S.C.)
Details: Wideman made a surprising commitment to Florida State over the summer. He chose Florida State over South Carolina. The Gamecocks have never stopped pursuing.
J.N. Prediction: Florida State (61%) - It looked like South Carolina was going to flip the Florida State commit. I thought a flip could come on his official visit to South Carolina. Florida State weathered that storm and will host Wideman on an official visit this weekend to solidify his commitment.
C.N. Prediction: South Carolina (55%) – A month ago a flip seemed almost certain. The fact it didn't happen yet is surprising, but in the end local pressure weighs too heavily on Wideman who opts to stay closer to home.
Three-star ATH JoJo Robinson – Miami (Fla.) Northwestern
Details: A long-time Florida State commitment who slid down the board as better commitments came in for the Seminoles. With FSU’s interest faded, Robinson gave attention to Arkansas, Auburn, South Florida, and TCU.
J.N. Prediction: Arkansas (55%) - It will be either Arkansas or USF for Robinson. He will not sign with FSU.
C.N. Prediction: Arkansas (75%) – Razorbacks have done a good job. FSU wasn’t a real option down the stretch.
Three-star WR C.J. Worton – Homestead (Fla.) South Dade
Details: Worton is a long-time Florida State commitment who originally committed to James Coley, before he departed for Miami after the 2012 season. Worton has entertained overtures from numerous schools and taken visits to West Virginia and Florida.
J.N. Prediction: Florida (60%) - The lure of playing alongside your brother puts UCF in the mix for Worton, who's brother had a big junior year at UCF this season. However, it seems Florida has more momentum as we head to the finish line.
C.N. Prediction: Florida (60%) – FSU filled their needs at wide receiver without needing Worton. He was a commitment to a previous regime and got recruited over.

Solidly Committed

Five-star WR Travis Rudolph – West Palm Beach (Fla.) Cardinal Newman
Four-star OLB Jacob Pugh – Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby
Four-star DT Demarcus Christmas – Bradenton (Fla.) Manatee
Four-star ILB Delvin Purifoy – Pensacola (Fla.) Catholic
Four-star OT Chad Mavety – Garden City (N.Y.) Nassau C.C.
Four-star QB JJ Cosentino – Pittsburgh (Pa.) Central Catholic
Four-star TE Mavin Saunders – Houston (Texas) The Kinkaid School
Four-star TE Ryan Izzo – Highland Lakes (N.J.) Pope John XXIII
Three-star OG Corey Martinez – Tampa (Fla.) Tampa Catholic
Three-star SDE Rick Leonard – Middletown (Md.)
Three-star OC Alec Eberle – Mechanicsville (Va.) Atlee
Three-star SDE Blake McClain – Jacksonville (Fla.) Sandalwood
Three-star RB Jonathan Vickers – Tallahassee (Fla.) North Florida Christian
Three-star OT Brock Ruble – Hyattsville (Md.) DeMatha
Three-star DB Malique Jackson – Jesup (Ga.) Wayne County
Three-star DT Adam Torres – Lake Mary (Fla.)
Three-star OT Ethan Frith – Summit (Miss.) North Pike
Three-star DT Arthur Williams – Fayetteville (N.C.) E.E. Smith
Three-star DT Fredrick Jones – Miami (Fla.) Central

Already Enrolled

Five-star RB Dalvin Cook – Miami (Fla.) Miami Central
Four-star ILB Kain Daub – Jacksonville (Fla.) Sandalwood
Four-star DB Trey Marshall – Lake City (Fla.) Columbia
Four-star OG Kareem Are – Fort Scott (Kansas) C.C.
Two-star LS Stephen Gabbard – Tallahassee (Fla.) Godby
 3 years ago '05        #2762
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,641 | Props total: 3737 3737
i think the only thing LSU and Bama got for Dupre and Humphrey are the home factors or else they'd be 100% Noles....gonna be a tough pull to get either one....
 3 years ago '08        #2763
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,624 | Props total: 257 257
whooooa

if newberg is right?!?!?

3 years ago '05        #2764
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
listen to your brothers Malachi

Dupre's father recaps his official

Chris Nee
8 hours ago

Comments:39
Add a comment
New Orleans (La.) John Curtis five-star wide receiver Malachi Dupre took his third of five official visits over the weekend when he traveled to Florida State. His father, Mike Dupre, shared his thoughts on the visit on Monday evening.

Malachi Dupre
“He did have a really good time,” Mike Dupre said.

Dupre was hosted by the winner of this year’s Heisman Trophy, quarterback Jameis Winston.

“(Quarterback) Jameis (Winston) was his host. He loves Jameis,” Dupre said. “He says Jameis is such a nice guy, you know. Just a special type of guy. (Malachi) just loved him.”

The elder Dupre shared some of what stood out on the visit.

“(Head) Coach (Jimbo) Fisher's pro-style offense and his success over the last ten years, just dealing with college players,” Dupre said. “I think he said 9 out of his last 10 quarterbacks get drafted I want to say. He has a list of all the receivers he's coached. He has an impressive resume.

Fisher had a clear message for both the player and his family.

“He was telling us, 'you have a business decision to make, Malachi.' He said, 'look at who you think is going to position you the best for your future.',” Dupre said. “He said 'I feel Florida State is the best business decision you could make.'”

FSU was pitching the idea of Dupre coming in to replace an ultra-productive wide receiver who is now on his way to the NFL.

“They said since Kelvin Benjamin is gone, they don't have that guy outside anymore,” Dupre said. “You know they're selling that big.”

Dupre was accompanied on the visit by his parents and his brothers. According to Mike Dupre, his other two sons were definitely convinced about Florida State being the right place for their talented sibling.

“His brothers normally have a different opinion than we have. To be honest with you, they love Florida State,” Dupre said. “I said, 'if it was you two, y'all would've committed, but they don't want y'all'. They love Florida State.”

Dupre will now head to Ole Miss and UCLA for official visits before making a decision on National Signing Day. He has previously visited Alabama and LSU. Those four schools, along with Florida State, make up his list of finalists. Malachi’s father shared how they will approach the huge decision in just another eight days.

“We have been kind of briefing over a few things. My whole thing is, I wanted him to see these schools and he has to be the one to be the one who goes to practice and sleeps in the dorms, so ultimately, it's going to be his decision,” Dupre said.

247Sports.com ranks Dupre as the No. 30 prospect in the nation and No. 3 wide receiver. He is considered the No. 5 prospect from Louisiana.
 3 years ago '08        #2765
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
Lane, Rudolph and Dupree? NCAA wouldn't allow that sh*t. With Kermit and Bobo still here.

Man whatever QB Jimbo puts back there would put up stupid a.ss numbers.
 3 years ago '08        #2766
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
I seen this interview with Marlon Humphrey. He said all his life he's been known as Bobby's son. He said when he goes to college he wants to be known as Marlon and wants to make his own legacy, I'm not ruling us out on the young dude
 3 years ago '08        #2767
rfessler1 
space
space
make it happen hair island!!!!!
 3 years ago '09        #2768
ylowell 
space
space
$29 | Props total: 0 0
Three-star wide receiver C.J. Worton and the Florida State Seminoles have appeared to have been distancing themselves from each other for weeks.

On Tuesday, Worton made it official and decommitted.

Worton has been committed to Florida State since August but has been flirting with other schools and taking official visits, most recently to the Florida Gators last weekend. ‘
 3 years ago '05        #2769
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
we pulled his offer......he didnt decommit sh*t
 3 years ago '08        #2770
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
Basically. Won't be missed

Bruh...If we pull either Humph or Dupre, I think the other will come aboard too. Still not buying it though.Why would Dupre come here and have to compete with two WR's arguably better than him when LSU just lost both their star wideouts.
 3 years ago '05        #2771
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
^^ exactly I personally dont see either coming here I just cant do it. but you get the chance to be a Florida State Seminole ya better take that.
 3 years ago '05        #2772
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
sick pic

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '05        #2773
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
hate doin this to you guys but

Rumor is Dupre might have given Fisher and Winston a wink about his final destination on Sunday. The visit blew his socks off. Dupre has been described by his teammates as "obsessed" with FSU.
 3 years ago '08        #2774
rfessler1 
space
space
thats it. im sold.

lsu is old news and everyone knows les miles will never be better than saban.

i love this business decision angle our coaches are hittin em with. fsu has always been the secs worst nightmare. shoulda let us join while ya had the chance you f*ggots!!
 3 years ago '08        #2775
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
We are the SEC's worst f*cking nightmare though lol

BUT! Still... Doesnt make sense for Dupre to come here. Just don't see it happenin. Him being obsessed is probably a knee-jerk reaction. Kids being impressionable.
 3 years ago '11        #2776
klutch2381 
space
space
space
Why would Dupre come to FSU? For the same reason Alabama is able to recruit 5 star players at running back (and damn near every other position) when they already have 5-6 on the roster. Whatever is in your heart, no one can take it out of it (e.g., Sousa going to the Gators when the team sucks. The coach sucks. The QB's suck and so on). He doesn't even talk about LSU in glowing terms. All the glowing stuff he says is about FSU. I'm not someone that believes "easily" on big-time out of state recruits. I never believed Julio Jones was coming here, for example. He never intimated anything that showed he was really interested. Dupre is different, though.

He's caught the Seminole holy ghost. I can tell. And as we all know, once you catch that sh!t, you're not shaking it.

We have a legit shot at him.

Last edited by klutch2381; 01-29-2014 at 09:45 AM..
 3 years ago '11        #2777
klutch2381 
space
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
^^ exactly I personally dont see either coming here I just cant do it. but you get the chance to be a Florida State Seminole ya better take that.
That's from a board?
 3 years ago '08        #2778
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
 klutch2381 said:
Why would Dupre come to FSU? For the same reason Alabama is able to recruit 5 star players at running back (and damn near every other position) when they already have 5-6 on the roster. Whatever is in your heart, no one can take it out of it (e.g., Sousa going to the Gators when the team sucks. The coach sucks. The QB's suck and so on). He doesn't even talk about LSU in glowing terms. All the glowing stuff he says is about FSU. I'm not someone that believes "easily" on big-time out of state recruits. I never believed Julio Jones was coming here, for example. He never intimated anything that showed he was really interested. Dupre is different, though.

He's caught the Seminole holy ghost. I can tell. And as we all know, once you catch that sh!t, you're not shaking it.

We have a legit shot at him.
Holy Ghost lol

I feel you, and I agree that we have a legit shot. But I'm just using conventional wisdom. Hope I'm wrong
 3 years ago '13        #2779
Semeautomatic 
space
space
space
$3,404 | Props total: 314 314
Am I the only on thinking about not working next week cause I don't wanna miss a sec of NSD? I'm just wondering cause as of right now, I'm thinking about taking that day off.
 3 years ago '11        #2780
klutch2381 
space
space
space
Humphrey to Bama. I'm one for one so far.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside She Might Be A Stripper But She's A Dime
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Steelers LB James Harrison Gets Hit With His 7th "Random" Drug Test This Y..
82 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
CAM'RON explains y he dont rock with that dirtbag JIM JONES anymore. Speaks on..
192 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside J. Cole - False Prophets
181 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 1 - woman knocked unconscious in Kroger baking aisle for asking ho..
133 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside J.Cole "For Your Eyez Only" [Official Discussion/Anticipation]
313 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Budden calls Hov his idol on IG,
59 comments
1 day ago