Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside Gamestop offered him $8.62 for 17 games 2 controllers and a Ps4 Pro
39 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Cam responds
215 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Mase In Studio Video Recording 'The Oracle' Cam'ron Diss (Engineer Vibi..
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Blind date: She wants to meet at the gym and get Chipotle after... what do?
66 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

4 years ago '11        #2461
mester 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,629 | Props total: 496 496
I love yall boyz man!! I felt hella good waking up this morning getiing on twitter, watching sportscenter knowing the whole world on our d!cks.. Feels tooooooooooooooooo gooood
 4 years ago '05        #2462
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 3 3
we made it
 01-07-2014, 01:56 PM         #2463
troyboi40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whitfield (almost) steals the show

Tim Linafelt

On any other night, Kermit Whitfield might have stolen the show for good.

Kermit Whitfield's 100-yard kickoff return for a touchdown gave FSU a fourth-quarter lead.
Whitfield's fourth-quarter kickoff return – officially scored as 100 yards – catapulted Florida State back into the driver's seat of Monday's BCS National Championship, reclaiming the lead for FSU in a game that the Seminoles once trailed by 18 points.

Television cameras spotted FSU coach Jimbo Fisher making his own way down the sideline yelling, “Go! Go! Go!” as Whitfield sped into the end zone.

“Kermit is a big time player,” Fisher said. “He's as good as anybody I've ever been around and to do it at that stage – our team blocked very well – but he has that finishing speed and I think the sky's the limit for that guy in his whole career here at Florida State.”
FSU beat Auburn, 34-31, to claim its third national championship, but not before a see-saw final five minutes in which the Seminoles and Tigers traded scores again.

It was Whitfield, though, that brought the FSU sections of the Rose Bowl to life with a speedy return return that looked awfully similar to the one Auburn's Chris Davis used to sink then-No. 1 Alabama in November.

The former four-star recruit, one of the fastest high school track athletes in the nation, found a seam near his own 20-yard line, then cut back to his left behind a blocking Karlos Williams. Whitfield then outran Auburn's Brandon King, who had a pursuit angle, for the score.

“I'm so blessed to be there,” Whitfield said. “I prayed before I got the ball. I knew once they made the block for me I was going to score the touchdown.”

Fake punt begins turnaround

Given the situation, Jimbo Fisher's decision to call a fake punt late in the second quarter might not have been such a gamble after all.

With his team already in a 21-3 hole and ready to punt for the Xth time in the first half, Fisher knew he had to at least try to reclaim some positive momentum from a game that was rapidly slipping away from the Seminoles.

“I knew with five minutes to go if they got it back and scored, the game could be over right there before half,” Fisher said.

Facing fourth-and-4 from their own 39-yard line, the Seminoles lined up in punt formation and snapped the ball to upback Dan Hicks, who started to run right before pitching to a reversing Karlos Williams who picked up seven yards and a key first down.

Seven plays later, Devonta Freeman plunged into the end zone for a score that marked FSU's first step toward a comeback.

"I thought that's what we had to do to gain the momentum of the game back," Fisher said, "and it worked and we got it, went down, got the drive and then got back in the ballgame, and hopefully that's what changed the momentum of the game and got our confidence back."

Junior 'Noles undecided on future

Following the game, a handful of draft-eligible Seminoles were asked about their plans for the future. Defensive tackle Timmy Jernigan, perhaps FSU's best junior professional prospect, receiver Kelvin Benjamin, offensive lineman Cam Erving and running back Karlos Williams are among the Seminoles with decisions to make. Here's what they had to say:

Jernigan: “I always told myself I would wait until after the game to make a decision on that. To be honest, man, it's just too early. It's right after the game, so I really don't know. Chances are still up in the air. I'm going to talk to Coach Fisher, going to talk to my parents.”

Benjamin: “Me and coach Fisher are going to sit down later with that. I'll probably be announcing later on that. I haven't thought about it. I've been focused with the team.”

Williams: “I have to sit down and talk about it with some family, but as of right now I'll be a 'Nole. I'll be back next year.”

Erving: He told ESPN's Joe Schad that he was “99.9 percent” likely to return next season.
 4 years ago '05        #2464
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
 MRS. RONDO said:
booker where the fu*k you at..........you was like the first nole i mingled with on here....you better drop a line in here tonight or tomorrow sometime
I took too many shots last night. It was a good day. I witnessed greatness. Jimbo bout to put us on dynasty status. Now lets get Ermon Lane in the building.
 4 years ago '04        #2465
itstheshoes 
space
space
$883 | Props total: 1 1
 4 years ago '05        #2466
Chuck_Remixed 242 heat pts242
space
space
$17,029 | Props total: 3387 3387
No end to the celebration in sight for us . Like Booker said we have all the tools to be a dynasty. Talent, depth, coaching staff and a flood of recruits that want to be NOLES. The turnaround happened so fast under Fisher.

Last edited by Chuck_Remixed; 01-07-2014 at 06:01 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #2467
Brdn08 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,102 | Props total: 284 284
That game was unbelievable!! Timmy Jernigan played a hell of a game for us. I'm calling it now Mario Edwards will be unstoppable this fall.
 4 years ago '08        #2468
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,554 | Props total: 1985 1985
My brothers.. it still hasnt completely sunk in yet. We've sat through Rix, s3xton, Lee, Weatherford, ect.. So many dreams dashed.. We're FINALLY at the top of the mountain..
 4 years ago '05        #2469
Da Real Talk 4 heat pts
space
space
$4,992 | Props total: 3 3
Damn This sh*t Feel Good And We Got All Winter/Spring/Summer To Celebrate
 4 years ago '05        #2470
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
Kermit is gonna be a problem in that slot taking over for Kenny. I can't wait to see him and Pender getting some play.
 4 years ago '09        #2471
ylowell 
space
space
$30 | Props total: 0 0
 booker20 said:
Kermit is gonna be a problem in that slot taking over for Kenny. I can't wait to see him and Pender getting some play.
So true.
 4 years ago '05        #2472
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$53,947 | Props total: 6813 6813

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #2473
space
space
man i fu*kin love jernigan watch his whole interview
 4 years ago '05        #2474
space
space

[video - click to view]

4 years ago '05        #2475
space
space

[video - click to view]

damn i love telvin

fu*k i love my team.....what a group
 4 years ago '04        #2476
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,488 | Props total: 104 104
 MysticKJ said:
which website did you buy your gear from?
My bad.. Same one Real Talk posted... shop.seminoles.com
 4 years ago '08        #2477
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,554 | Props total: 1985 1985
Kermit in the slot
 4 years ago '04        #2478
FLORIDA_BOY407 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,013 | Props total: 664 664
Wilder going pro he just put that on instagram
 4 years ago '08        #2479
rfessler1 3 heat pts
space
space
$2,982 | Props total: 1732 1732
wilder shoulda stayed, but w/e. will never forget that run on clemson

big boy football
 4 years ago '08        #2480
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,092 | Props total: 169 169
I'm just getting back to Orlando from Pasadena.

To be in the stadium when we won the championship, I'm not gonna lie, felt better than being a coach when UCF beat Baylor. My heart is in Tallahassee and that sh*t was everything I needed it to be.

The scary part about that game is we beat Auburn with our C+ game. Jameis was off early, the WR's were dropping balls, Jimbo completely forgot about the run game etc. And we still beat the best the SEC has to offer. I love this sh*t.

I think it's safe to say that dem Canes f*g boys and them Gaytors won't be lurking in the thread for a minute.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nov 23 - Woman goes missing after posting about upcoming Tinder date
79 comments
24 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Have Found The Marshmallow For My Sweet Potato Pie
25 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Australian but lives in L.A.
28 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Denzel Washington: Don't blame the prison system, 'It starts at the ho..
321 comments
23 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Of all the niggas in cinema who should’ve never died at the end of a movie/wan..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Ralph Lauren 40% Off Items $125 And Better, One Day Sale Only !!!!
12 comments
24 hours ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Tekashi69 First show in NYC (Sold Out Venue)
64 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside There's no need for us to rush it through, ohhh
39 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy