most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Melissa Ford !!
29 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA Kool Killa Klay Highlights vs Pacers (2016.12.05) 60 points, Grand Wizadry
66 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

3 years ago '08        #2121
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
As critical as I've been of Trick, he's been doing a helluva job lately.
 10-29-2013, 02:45 PM         #2122
troyboi40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 904Nole said:
As critical as I've been of Trick, he's been doing a helluva job lately.
They had to definitely change their approach in recruiting OL since he's been here, but Trick has been a good coach since he's been here. Trickett is hard on his players, but there is no doubting his ability to develop technically sound lineman.
 3 years ago '05        #2123
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
$51,667 | Props total: 3775 3775

[pic - click to view]

Jeannine Edwards wraps up the day in front of the national championship trophies in the Moore Athletic Center.

Tuesday 1:15 p.m.| Tom Rinaldi with

[pic - click to view]

Tom Rinaldi sits down with to chat about his play this season.

[pic - click to view]

[INDENT=1]The ' most disruptive guy on defense, , will break down Miami film with me......later on [/INDENT][INDENT=1]-- Jeannine Edwards (@jeanninee12) [/INDENT]
Tuesday 11:24 a.m.| Weight Room with

[pic - click to view]

Jeannine Edwards meets in the weight room to continue discussing some of his favorite exercises.
[INDENT=1] and are about to go live on in moments! [/INDENT][INDENT=1]-- FSU Football (@FSU_Football) [/INDENT]
[pic - click to view]

Strength and Conditioning coach watches on TV as and Jeannine Edwards go live.

Tuesday 11:01 a.m.| Interview with Tom Rinaldi

[pic - click to view]

ESPN's Tom Rinaldi sits down with .

Tuesday 10:47 a.m.| Interview

[pic - click to view]

3 years ago '05        #2124
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
LOVE THIS GUY

Devonta Freeman wants to say Saturday's game is just like any other, that there's no added incentive. Not that a top-10 matchup between fierce in-state rivals needs any more motivation, but Freeman's got plenty of backstory on his mind heading into Saturday's game.

Freeman grew up in the thick of Hurricane country at Miami Central High School. But he spent most of his career as the backup to former Kentucky running back Brandon Gainer and didn't grab the attention of his hometown university until late in his senior year.

Getty Images

Devonta Freeman is on pace to become FSU's first 1,000-yard rusher since 1996.
"That's just something you carry with you," Freeman said. "Your own hometown didn't recruit you as much as you wanted them to, so that's an extra chip on your shoulder. Like, 'Dang y'all didn't see what Florida State saw in me or those other schools.' That's just a slap in the face and an extra chip and now you want to beat these people bad every year."

Florida State, on the other hand, was on Freeman before he even started a game. Jimbo Fisher came to Miami Central to see Gainer during Freeman's junior year. But Gainer missed practice and Fisher spent the day becoming more and more impressed with Freeman.

"I don't know what happened, but that was the wrong day to miss practice," Freeman said. "Jimbo told my head coach head coach at the time, 'That's your best running back'. My coach told me that and I was like 'Oh, Man.'"

Florida State invited Freeman up to summer camp before his senior year and offered him on the spot. For Freeman, the show of loyalty won him over.

"I just respect that man (Fisher) so much because he helped change my life," Freeman said. "He helped change my life so much."

Even when other schools came calling when he started tearing things up as a senior, he stuck with Florida State. And Miami didn't get involved until the state playoffs of Freeman's senior year, when Freeman ran for 308 yards in the state title game. By that time, he was firmly in the FSU camp.

"That's just like 'Are y'all serious? You know Florida State has been there since day one,'" Freeman said.

Freeman said despite spurning the hometown school and heading north to Florida State, his family and friends in Miami don't hold it against him.

"They always tell me just, I don't want FSU to win but I want you to do good," he said. "The times that I do beat them and we come through, they're just so proud of me. They aren't mad or anything."

So far in Tallahassee, Freeman has justified Florida State's faith. Over and over in his career, he's been overshadowed by s3xier prospects at running back. As a freshman and sophomore, he stepped in and became the lead back when Chris Thompson went down with season-ending injuries.

As a junior, he's far and away the team's leading rusher despite spending much of the preseason overshadowed by the size and power of James Wilder jr. and much of the season by the speed of Karlos Williams once Williams switched from defense to offense. So far this season, Freeman has 561 yards rushing and six touchdowns and is on pace to be FSU's first 1,000-yard back since 1996.

"Always on time, never late for anything," Williams said. "He's always been that dependable guy since he's been here. … I definitely believe he's the best back we have."

And as Freeman draws closer on the 1,000-yard mark, teammates make a point to shy away from comparing him to great running backs of the past.

"You want to say, 'Oh, he's like Warrick Dunn,'" Williams said. "He's like Devonta Freeman. He's his own back. He carries himself with a different personality, a different swag than anybody I've ever seen at running back. I'm happy I get to play with him."

More than most, Freeman embodies the consistency that Fisher preaches constantly. As Williams said, Freeman is never late. During fall camp, he was frequently seen running back on to the field as practice ended for a few more reps. Teammates say he still constantly asks questions in team meeting rooms even with two years of experience.

He's only fumbled twice in his college career and only once this season has he finished with fewer than 50 rushing yards.

"Devonta is one of those guys, I say this, every time you get on him on the football field which is very rare, I feel bad," Fisher said. "His heart is about as genuine as the day is long. There is not a bad bone in his body. He is a team guy."

But his recruitment left him with a chip on his shoulder that teammates say they see - especially when confronting Miami.

"He got recruited with a chip on his shoulder, he plays with a chip on his shoulder," Williams said. "He comes in and plays with an edge."

Freeman will get another chance to showcase that edge on Saturday. Freeman knows many of the players on Miami's roster - including running back Duke Johnson and said he's expecting a heightened level of trash talk.

"When we see each other, it's that brotherly love," Freeman said.
 3 years ago '10        #2125
Jeezy187 18 heat pts18
space
space
$2,077 | Props total: 494 494
I bet a dude $100 that we would beat their a.ss.
 3 years ago '04        #2126
UnFaZeD 
space
space
space
$1,730 | Props total: 0 0
 Jeezy187 said:
I bet a dude $100 that we would beat their a.ss.
After the Pittsburgh game, I bet a Miami fan $50 that we'd win by more than 14 and I'm definitely liking my chances of winning the bet.
 3 years ago '05        #2127
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
rumor that a miami player gonna knock winston out....cant wait to see that hoe n*gga get punished....winston aint a lil boy
 3 years ago '10        #2128
kNOLES 
space
space
$575 | Props total: 0 0
 MRS. RONDO said:
rumor that a miami player gonna knock winston out....cant wait to see that hoe n*gga get punished....winston aint a lil boy
A bi*ch move to try to hurt him? Fuk miami bi*ches
 11-01-2013, 03:59 PM         #2129
troyboi40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
'Noles focused on slowing down Duke

Tim Linafelt

The sixth-ranked Miami Hurricanes will bring a big, powerful offensive line, one of the nation's top running backs and a ground game that averages 214.7 yards per game to Tallahassee on Saturday.

Florida State's defense will either stop the run or get run over.

“It's smash-mouth football,” FSU cornerback Lamarcus Joyner said. “Anyone that wants to play smash-mouth football, you have to embrace it. Because if you don't, you're going to get smashed.”

In Duke Johnson, the Hurricanes have a 5-foot-9, 196-pound sophomore who ranks No. 3 in the nation for all-purpose yards (1,280, 182.9 per game) and ranks in the ACC's top 5 for total rushing yards (823), yards per game (117.6), (yards per rush (6.7) and rush attempts (122).

The Miami native has also scored six times this season, including two fourth-quarter touchdowns against Wake Forest last week that lifted the Hurricanes to a 24-21 victory.

In that game, Johnson carried a career-high 30 times for 168 yards.

“What doesn't he do well? We'd have a shorter conversation,” Fisher said. “The thing about him is he makes big plays.”

Fisher then rattled off a laundry list of Johnson's desirable attributes: he's dynamic and quick enough to make defenders miss, but also has the strength to break tackles and maintain his balance and body control.

“He changes the numbers on the scoreboard,” Fisher said.

And on Saturday, Johnson will have the chance to change the perception about him and his Hurricanes teammates on the national stage. Despite all the success he's had early in his career, Johnson has yet to make an impact in Miami's biggest games.

In four games against ranked teams, Johnson has totaled 127 yards on 44 attempts (2.9 yards per carry). That includes a nine-carry, 27-yard performance against FSU last year.

Florida State's defense ranks 29th in the nation against the run, but that number is aided by the Seminoles' overwhelming success against the spread offenses of Maryland, Clemson and North Carolina State.

Against those three teams, the Seminoles allowed an average of 114.6 rushing yards per game, much of which came against second- and third-team defenders.

But in two games against offense's similar to Miami's – against Pittsburgh and Boston College – FSU allowed an average of 148.5 yards per game, including 149 yards to BC running back Andre Williams.

“We’re going to have to be physical,” Fisher said. “We’re going to have to give different looks and different combinations of things so they don’t know what we’re trying to block all the time. … We’ll have to man up, there’s no doubt.”

And Florida State will field a defense Saturday that at least looks somewhat different than the one that took the field against Boston College on Sept. 28.

Senior linebacker Christian Jones has essentially become a full-time defensive end and redshirt sophomore Terrance Smith has found a regular spot in the base defense.

It's helped add up to a defense that feels much more confident with a physical challenge looming.

“When you have mistakes, you learn from them,” senior defender Lamarcus Joyner said. “You own them and you don't repeat them. Just remembering the disaster that we had in that game (at Boston College), we just have to own those mistakes and learn from them.”
 11-01-2013, 04:18 PM         #2130
troyboi40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Freshman Impact: N.C. State

Each week during the 2013 season, Noles247.com will highlight five freshmen -- either redshirt or true -- who are making strong contributions for the Seminoles. Here is the top five following Florida State’s 49-17 victory over N.C. State.

1. QB Jameis Winston
Previous ranking: 1
N.C. State: Winston continued his phenomenal redshirt season with a 16-for-26, 292-yard, three-touchdown performance against the Wolfpack. Winston played just over a half of football and connected on a series of big completions including 39 and 42-yard touchdown passes. He is on pace for nearly 4,000 passing yards on the season and a major contender for the Heisman Trophy.

2. S Jalen Ramsey
Previous ranking: 2
N.C. State: Ramsey had one of his quietest games of the season, recording just one tackle, against N.C. State, but the starting true freshman safety provided blanket coverage during his time on the field. He was part of a pass defense that absolutely shut down Brandon Mitchell in the opening half. Ramsey remains fifth on the team in tackles and has been extremely consistent in every game.

3. K Roberto Aguayo
Previous ranking: 3
N.C. State: Aguayo was successful on every extra-point attempt against N.C. State and was once again solid on kickoffs. Aguayo is 58-for-58 on kick attempts this season and has accounted for 78 points.

4. E.J. Levenberry
Previous ranking: N/A
N.C. State: Levenberry was outstanding in extended play against N.C. State. He recorded eight tackles, a tackle for loss, and a pass break-up. The talented inside linebacker has made a solid contribution in every game this season and now has 22 total tackles on the season.

5. Kermit Whitfield
Previous ranking: N/A
N.C. State: Whitfield found the endzone for the first time in his career against N.C. State. He scored on a 31-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter. He also had a 16-yard reception against the Wolfpack. His strongest area of contribution continues to be special teams where he had two kick returns for 52 yards, including a long of 34 yards. He has just shy of 300 all-purpose yards on the season.
 3 years ago '04        #2131
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 84 84
If we gon do it then...
 3 years ago '08        #2132
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,014 | Props total: 156 156
..we gon do it big
 3 years ago '08        #2133
rfessler1 
space
space
$2,627 | Props total: 258 258
florida losing again!

meanwhile...lil jay at home thinkin hmmm...guess i'll just keep stayin away from that fsu thread
 3 years ago '04        #2134
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,456 | Props total: 84 84
I actually wanted UF to win so when we play them and win at the end of the season it will be a heavier win on the computers..

But Miami tho..
 3 years ago '04        #2135
FLORIDA_BOY407 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,619 | Props total: 175 175
I Love ramsey that boy got real good upside he be out there hitting
 3 years ago '08        #2136
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,995 | Props total: 27 27
I'm the biggest Stanford fan right now. I need them to win on Thursday to make sure we get to Pasadena. We need either Bama or Oregon to lose. Nobody is beating us this year.
 3 years ago '04        #2137
FLORIDA_BOY407 3 heat pts
space
space
$1,619 | Props total: 175 175
ready for the recruiting reations
 11-03-2013, 07:27 AM         #2138
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MRS. RONDO said:
So much for that...Duke Johnson is out for the season with a broken ankle though. Once again, FSU runs this state. Now it's time for them Gaytors to feel the wrath. The recruiting battles are over....we pick he we want from here on out.
 3 years ago '05        #2139
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
Before Florida State lined up for its next play, Winston shouted at each of his teammates, pounding his fists in the air and slapping hands with his linemen.

“That’s me telling the guys, 'It’s on,'” Winston said. “We’re not taking no prisoners. We don’t care about those guys anymore. At first, we respected them because they’re a great team with great players. But after that skirmish, it was over. All that nice stuff, all the game day and that stuff of them being compared to us, it was over. We know we had one goal, and that was to beat them bad.”
 3 years ago '05        #2140
Junior G 105 heat pts105
space
space
I fu*kIN LOVE VONTA

The junior tailback grew up in one of Miami’s toughest neighborhoods, but he wasn’t heavily recruited by the Hurricanes until late in his senior season of high school. He never wavered in his commitment to Florida State, but he’s always held a grudge.

“Every time I get a chance,” Freeman said, “I want to destroy them.”

It was exactly what Freeman had predicted before the game. It was, Freeman said, a message delivered.

“I told them, [the Hurricanes] aren’t like us,” Freeman said. “We’re different. We grind different.”
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside South African Snowbunny Fitness Trainer(Lawd Have Mercy!!)
81 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This website shows how frighteningly quick the internet knows everythi..
6 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 4 - The People's Cabinet?...Trump's administration for millionaire..
119 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Killing Me Softy
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 4 - Man With Gun Arrested at Comet Ping Pong
176 comments
1 day ago