Florida State Seminoles Thread

most viewed right now
Video inside 'Who Shot Biggie & Tupac' on FoX Right NOW!!!!! *******NEW INFO RE..
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This sh-t feels like Teenage Fever
9 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL Derek Wolfe: "If you don’t think America is greatest country, why do you s..
247 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
This nigga make Desiigner look like Socrates
57 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 2 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

11-01-2013, 02:59 PM         #2061
troyboi40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
'Noles focused on slowing down Duke

Tim Linafelt

The sixth-ranked Miami Hurricanes will bring a big, powerful offensive line, one of the nation's top running backs and a ground game that averages 214.7 yards per game to Tallahassee on Saturday.

Florida State's defense will either stop the run or get run over.

“It's smash-mouth football,” FSU cornerback Lamarcus Joyner said. “Anyone that wants to play smash-mouth football, you have to embrace it. Because if you don't, you're going to get smashed.”

In Duke Johnson, the Hurricanes have a 5-foot-9, 196-pound sophomore who ranks No. 3 in the nation for all-purpose yards (1,280, 182.9 per game) and ranks in the ACC's top 5 for total rushing yards (823), yards per game (117.6), (yards per rush (6.7) and rush attempts (122).

The Miami native has also scored six times this season, including two fourth-quarter touchdowns against Wake Forest last week that lifted the Hurricanes to a 24-21 victory.

In that game, Johnson carried a career-high 30 times for 168 yards.

“What doesn't he do well? We'd have a shorter conversation,” Fisher said. “The thing about him is he makes big plays.”

Fisher then rattled off a laundry list of Johnson's desirable attributes: he's dynamic and quick enough to make defenders miss, but also has the strength to break tackles and maintain his balance and body control.

“He changes the numbers on the scoreboard,” Fisher said.

And on Saturday, Johnson will have the chance to change the perception about him and his Hurricanes teammates on the national stage. Despite all the success he's had early in his career, Johnson has yet to make an impact in Miami's biggest games.

In four games against ranked teams, Johnson has totaled 127 yards on 44 attempts (2.9 yards per carry). That includes a nine-carry, 27-yard performance against FSU last year.

Florida State's defense ranks 29th in the nation against the run, but that number is aided by the Seminoles' overwhelming success against the spread offenses of Maryland, Clemson and North Carolina State.

Against those three teams, the Seminoles allowed an average of 114.6 rushing yards per game, much of which came against second- and third-team defenders.

But in two games against offense's similar to Miami's – against Pittsburgh and Boston College – FSU allowed an average of 148.5 yards per game, including 149 yards to BC running back Andre Williams.

“We’re going to have to be physical,” Fisher said. “We’re going to have to give different looks and different combinations of things so they don’t know what we’re trying to block all the time. … We’ll have to man up, there’s no doubt.”

And Florida State will field a defense Saturday that at least looks somewhat different than the one that took the field against Boston College on Sept. 28.

Senior linebacker Christian Jones has essentially become a full-time defensive end and redshirt sophomore Terrance Smith has found a regular spot in the base defense.

It's helped add up to a defense that feels much more confident with a physical challenge looming.

“When you have mistakes, you learn from them,” senior defender Lamarcus Joyner said. “You own them and you don't repeat them. Just remembering the disaster that we had in that game (at Boston College), we just have to own those mistakes and learn from them.”
 11-01-2013, 03:18 PM         #2062
troyboi40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Freshman Impact: N.C. State

Each week during the 2013 season, Noles247.com will highlight five freshmen -- either redshirt or true -- who are making strong contributions for the Seminoles. Here is the top five following Florida State’s 49-17 victory over N.C. State.

1. QB Jameis Winston
Previous ranking: 1
N.C. State: Winston continued his phenomenal redshirt season with a 16-for-26, 292-yard, three-touchdown performance against the Wolfpack. Winston played just over a half of football and connected on a series of big completions including 39 and 42-yard touchdown passes. He is on pace for nearly 4,000 passing yards on the season and a major contender for the Heisman Trophy.

2. S Jalen Ramsey
Previous ranking: 2
N.C. State: Ramsey had one of his quietest games of the season, recording just one tackle, against N.C. State, but the starting true freshman safety provided blanket coverage during his time on the field. He was part of a pass defense that absolutely shut down Brandon Mitchell in the opening half. Ramsey remains fifth on the team in tackles and has been extremely consistent in every game.

3. K Roberto Aguayo
Previous ranking: 3
N.C. State: Aguayo was successful on every extra-point attempt against N.C. State and was once again solid on kickoffs. Aguayo is 58-for-58 on kick attempts this season and has accounted for 78 points.

4. E.J. Levenberry
Previous ranking: N/A
N.C. State: Levenberry was outstanding in extended play against N.C. State. He recorded eight tackles, a tackle for loss, and a pass break-up. The talented inside linebacker has made a solid contribution in every game this season and now has 22 total tackles on the season.

5. Kermit Whitfield
Previous ranking: N/A
N.C. State: Whitfield found the endzone for the first time in his career against N.C. State. He scored on a 31-yard touchdown run in the fourth quarter. He also had a 16-yard reception against the Wolfpack. His strongest area of contribution continues to be special teams where he had two kick returns for 52 yards, including a long of 34 yards. He has just shy of 300 all-purpose yards on the season.
 4 years ago '04        #2063
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 103 103
If we gon do it then...
 4 years ago '08        #2064
904Nole 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,358 | Props total: 1323 1323
..we gon do it big
 4 years ago '08        #2065
rfessler1 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,946 | Props total: 1472 1472
florida losing again!

meanwhile...lil jay at home thinkin hmmm...guess i'll just keep stayin away from that fsu thread
 4 years ago '04        #2066
GetOnMahLevel 
space
space
$5,484 | Props total: 103 103
I actually wanted UF to win so when we play them and win at the end of the season it will be a heavier win on the computers..

But Miami tho..
 4 years ago '04        #2067
FLORIDA_BOY407 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,883 | Props total: 575 575
I Love ramsey that boy got real good upside he be out there hitting
 4 years ago '08        #2068
F.A.M.E.M.O.B. 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,072 | Props total: 143 143
I'm the biggest Stanford fan right now. I need them to win on Thursday to make sure we get to Pasadena. We need either Bama or Oregon to lose. Nobody is beating us this year.
 4 years ago '04        #2069
FLORIDA_BOY407 5 heat pts
space
space
$1,883 | Props total: 575 575
ready for the recruiting reations
 11-03-2013, 06:27 AM         #2070
TJ7 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MRS. RONDO said:
rumor that a miami player gonna knock winston out....cant wait to see that hoe n*gga get punished....winston aint a lil boy
So much for that...Duke Johnson is out for the season with a broken ankle though. Once again, FSU runs this state. Now it's time for them Gaytors to feel the wrath. The recruiting battles are over....we pick he we want from here on out.
 4 years ago '05        #2071
Junior G 114 heat pts114 OP
space
space
$53,388 | Props total: 6326 6326
Before Florida State lined up for its next play, Winston shouted at each of his teammates, pounding his fists in the air and slapping hands with his linemen.

“That’s me telling the guys, 'It’s on,'” Winston said. “We’re not taking no prisoners. We don’t care about those guys anymore. At first, we respected them because they’re a great team with great players. But after that skirmish, it was over. All that nice stuff, all the game day and that stuff of them being compared to us, it was over. We know we had one goal, and that was to beat them bad.”
 4 years ago '05        #2072
space
space
I fu*kIN LOVE VONTA

The junior tailback grew up in one of Miami’s toughest neighborhoods, but he wasn’t heavily recruited by the Hurricanes until late in his senior season of high school. He never wavered in his commitment to Florida State, but he’s always held a grudge.

“Every time I get a chance,” Freeman said, “I want to destroy them.”

It was exactly what Freeman had predicted before the game. It was, Freeman said, a message delivered.

“I told them, [the Hurricanes] aren’t like us,” Freeman said. “We’re different. We grind different.”
 4 years ago '10        #2073
kNOLES 
space
space
$581 | Props total: 4 4
Sucks to be U

4 years ago '08        #2074
rfessler1 2 heat pts
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
I fu*kIN LOVE VONTA

The junior tailback grew up in one of Miami’s toughest neighborhoods, but he wasn’t heavily recruited by the Hurricanes until late in his senior season of high school. He never wavered in his commitment to Florida State, but he’s always held a grudge.

“Every time I get a chance,” Freeman said, “I want to destroy them.”

It was exactly what Freeman had predicted before the game. It was, Freeman said, a message delivered.

“I told them, [the Hurricanes] aren’t like us,” Freeman said. “We’re different. We grind different.”

lol freeman and oleary made sure to blast em on a few runs too!
 4 years ago '08        #2075
rfessler1 2 heat pts
space
space
 MRS. RONDO said:
Before Florida State lined up for its next play, Winston shouted at each of his teammates, pounding his fists in the air and slapping hands with his linemen.

“That’s me telling the guys, 'It’s on,'” Winston said. “We’re not taking no prisoners. We don’t care about those guys anymore. At first, we respected them because they’re a great team with great players. But after that skirmish, it was over. All that nice stuff, all the game day and that stuff of them being compared to us, it was over. We know we had one goal, and that was to beat them bad.”
they blew it when chickillo tried to go for harts eyes. they pissed off the wrong team.
 11-04-2013, 08:21 AM         #2076
troyboi40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
Curtis Porter and Olsen Pierre gonna be all up in ya face
 11-04-2013, 08:30 AM         #2077
troyboi40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 L-E-Dub bi*ch said:
You can get the entire fu*k outta here with this bs statement

You n*ggas was suppose to steamrolling them UM squads we gonna beat the brakes off you n*ggas

Last edited by troyboi40; 11-04-2013 at 09:31 AM..
 11-04-2013, 03:18 PM         #2078
troyboi40 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Jameis is up for the O'Brien award this year. He currently is #1 in fan voting. If you want to vote, here's the link.

Last edited by troyboi40; 11-04-2013 at 03:20 PM..
 4 years ago '05        #2079
space
space
Voted
 4 years ago '05        #2080
booker20 
space
space
$10,293 | Props total: 0 0
So I guess we got our thread back? Canes and Gator fans are mighty quiet What a great game to make my return to Tally.
Home      

most viewed right now
the ig is @hotisraeliarmygirls
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil mama a thot, and she got ass And she gon' fu-k up a bag
90 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Erykah Badu Has switched sides now
86 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When u get caught by ur daddy :mjlol:
66 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside The truth about the United States, the law... & YOU.
64 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
BOX ESPN declares GGG P4P #1 after Ward retirement
58 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Another Justice League Charcter Cut By Joss Whedon
27 comments
2 days ago