Pacquiao showing early signs of Parkinson's disease?

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
122 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Troy ave is back ladies and gentleman
61 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
74 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
111 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #1
6081 pageviews
42 comments

STILL.DETOX|m 704 heat pts704
space
space
$11,579 | Props total: 9 9
Pacquiao showing early signs of Parkinson's disease?

MANILA, Philippines – A neurologist on Thursday said he has been observing early signs of Parkinson's disease from Filipino boxing icon Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao.

Dr. Rustico Jimenez, President of Private Hospitals a.ssociation of the Philippines, told radio dzMM that among the early signs of Parkinson's being exhibited by Pacquiao include stuttering and hand twitching.

Jimenez urged the Filipino champion to retire from boxing in order to avoid what happened to Muhammad Ali (Cassius Clay) and award-winning trainer Freddie Roach who were both afflicted with the progressive disorder of the nervous system.

"Kung ako naman ang tatanungin, siguro dapat mag-retiro ang ating pambansang hero na si Manny," he said.

"Lalo pong nadadagdagan ang trauma, lalo pong magkakaroon siya ng problema. Pwedeng later on Alzheimer's disease naman."

In a separate phone interview, Jimenez clarified that he could be wrong with his observations, but nevertheless told Pacquiao to be cautious.

He said while he has not met Pacquiao to personally check on his condition, his hand twitches during television interviews should be a cause for concern.

"Yung movement, although mabilis ang reflexes, napapansin ko lang - another view or personal view lang naman ang sa akin - parang may early signs," he said.

"May mga movements napapansin mo sa kamay. Sa kamay usually, sa ulo hindi natin makikita agad, nagtu-twitch ng konti. Although I haven't seen very close, parang nakikita ko lang mayroong ganoon."

Chronic trauma

This is not the first time that a medical expert raised concerns over Pacquiao's health.

Dr. Raquel Fortun, a renowned forensics expert in the country, earlier said she is not convinced with the CT scan results clearing Manny Pacquiao following his knockout loss to Mexican foe Juan Manuel Marquez.

She said severe head trauma could lead to Alzheimer’s disease or a form of dementia that worsens over time.

She said several studies have been done on the effect of chronic trauma or repeated hits to the head among athletes, particularly boxers and football players.

Fortun said the knockout punch that hit Pacquiao was actually 2 hits: when Marquez's fist connected with Pacquiao's face and when the boxing champ fell face down on the canvass.

"Delikado yun. Pag naalog yan yung utak mo kasi hindi fixed na fixed yan sa bungo so pag naaalog ang utak, may napu-putol putol na connections. May mga small hemorrhages ka," she said.

She said a severe blow to the head could damage the dura mater, which is a membrane that surrounds the brain. Once damaged, it could lead to a subdural hematoma.

The forensic expert expressed alarm over reports that Pacquiao allegedly had a slight seizure after falling unconscious from Marquez's hammer blow to the head. – with David Dizon, ABS-CBNnews.com

[pic - click to view]

Pacquiao showing early signs of Parkinson's disease? | ABS-CBN News

42 comments for "Pacquiao showing early signs of Parkinson's disease?"

5 years ago '04        #2
dirtybayrecordz 1 heat pts
space
space
$3,056 | Props total: 1463 1463
Like I said in the other PAC vs Marq 5 thread. Arum is going to get this man k!lled or severely injured. Dude just needs to cash out already
 5 years ago '11        #3
MakeItHappen456 41 heat pts41
space
space
$6,199 | Props total: 1610 1610
R.I.P pacman !
 5 years ago '12        #4
gizzle 19 heat pts19
space
space
$1,226 | Props total: 829 829
"Delikado yun. Pag naalog yan yung utak mo kasi hindi fixed na fixed yan sa bungo so pag naaalog ang utak, may napu-putol putol na connections. May mga small hemorrhages ka," she said.

dis too funny man
 01-04-2013, 01:40 PM         #5
TheOlBoyTC15 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i truly am sorry to hear that...

so i guess that Floyd f!ght is really never going to happen now...
 5 years ago '06        #6
Yung Dilla 1478 heat pts1478
space
space
$54,875 | Props total: 25637 25637
My fingers twitch a lot to but I damn sure ain't got not Parkinsons lol.
 5 years ago '06        #7
space
space
 Borealis said:
Really d!ckhead really??
 5 years ago '04        #8
BrBHZ 8 heat pts
space
space
$16,231 | Props total: 3010 3010
If true thats extremely fu*ked up...repetitive head trauma is no joke
 5 years ago '06        #9
space
space
Even though his reflexes are quick, I noticed the movement - it's just another view, my personal view - but it seems like there are early signs.*There are some movements that you will notice with his hands. It's in the hands, and not the head, where you can easily see this. It twitches a little bit. Although I haven't seen it up close, I think I am seeing that there are some signs.

Thus n*gga sounds like he's just guessing at this point lol.
 5 years ago '10        #10
DeathStar 1 heat pts
space
space
$4,642 | Props total: 7707 7707
 STILL.DETOX said:
"Yung movement, although mabilis ang reflexes, napapansin ko lang - another view or paersonal view lang naman ang sa akin - parang may early signs," he said.

"May mga movements napapansin mo sa kamay. Sa kamay usually, sa ulo hindi natin makikita agad, nagtu-twitch ng konti. Although I haven't seen very close, parang nakikita ko lang mayroong ganoon."
Truuu
 01-04-2013, 02:01 PM         #11
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 gizzle said:
dis too funny man
 5 years ago '10        #12
wwwdotcom 19 heat pts19
space
space
$622 | Props total: 187 187
propaganda. you think tmz is bad, overseas they take it to another level.
 5 years ago '04        #13
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,791 | Props total: 1796 1796
People always hate on Mayweather's f!ghting style, but this is exactly why one of the reasons he's smart in the way he f!ghts. Dude is very conscious about his health.

When Pacquiao goes broke in 10 years let see how many of his fans who loved the f!ghting style that left him handicapped step up and financially support him.
 5 years ago '04        #14
NaMeLeSs- 83 heat pts83
space
space
$9,296 | Props total: 3599 3599
#inb4parkquiaojokes
 5 years ago '04        #15
Colgate84 
space
space
$555 | Props total: 0 0
C'mon. Even Pac haters know this is bs. This person didn't even perform a physical and is going off what they "think" are signs. We wouldn't be seeing this if he didn't lose.

5 years ago '04        #16
Colgate84 
space
space
$555 | Props total: 0 0
C'mon. Even Pac haters know this is bs. This person didn't even perform a physical and is going off what they "think" are signs. We wouldn't be seeing this if he didn't lose.

5 years ago '04        #17
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
Hope this isn't true. Time to training with Floyd on how to avoid getting hit so much

5 years ago '04        #18
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
 colgate84 said:
c'mon. Even pac haters know this is bs. This person didn't even perform a physical and is going off what they "think" are signs. We wouldn't be seeing this if he didn't get put to sleep by a vicious counter punch.

***fixed***
 5 years ago '07        #19
Lamrock 4 heat pts
space
space
$2,093 | Props total: 16 16
I hope this aint true.
 5 years ago '06        #20
space
space
Another thing these n*ggas haven't even seen manny in person just from watching interviews lol manny can barley speak english so of course he stutters a bit... manny was in the hospital 4 hours after his f!ght that night taking a bunch of head exams and xrays and even a mri he passed all of them.. these two doctors just want publicity they are full of sh*t..
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
198 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
87 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
222 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
132 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
259 comments
22 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy