My laptop turns on but screen stays black. Please help :(

most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
194 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Akademiks low-key proved he lurks here
65 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside LMAO: Boskoe 100 SPAZZED OUT On Joe Budden!!
83 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Suavementeee Besameee
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #1
17695 pageviews
8 comments

Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
My laptop turns on but screen stays black. Please help :(

A couole of days ago I walked away from my laptop and when I came back it lookd to be in sleep mode. Problem is that when I hit the buttons to make it exit sleep the screen stayed black. I cut it off and turned it back on and it came back on, though a lot slower than usual. I turned it back off and tried to turn it back on snd it turned on but the screen didn't. Ever since then its turns on but the screen doesn't, the fan also doesn't turn on.

I've tried the remove battery and hold power button method, I've tried using An external monitor neither method works.

Can someone tell me what the problem could be, I've been reading alot about a fried motherboard/video adapter. Can you also tell me the cost because if its more than like $150 I would rather buy another laptop but I do want to get stuff of my hd if possible. Thnx in advance.

EDIT: Just turned on the laptop and it did the power on/fan turns on for like two secs and turns back off/black screen thing and I just let it sit for a matter of minutes and the fan decided to come back on. After the fan came back on I turned the laptop back off and then turned it back on and it came on. WTF!!!!

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 01-02-2013 at 12:41 PM..

8 comments for "My laptop turns on but screen stays black. Please help :("

5 years ago '07        #2
sittinpretti 79 heat pts79
space
space
$3,206 | Props total: 2684 2684
Since it doesn't work with an external monitor either it could possibly be the video adapter. Try bringing it to a local computer shop.

If it is the motherboard alot of times it's better just to get another computer since it's a laptop. The price for a motherboard + labor on a laptop can get pricey.

During use do you have it on a couch, bed, blanket anything that could block air flow I've seen laptop components get fried easily that way
 5 years ago '04        #3
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts OP
space
space
 sittinpretti said:
Since it doesn't work with an external monitor either it could possibly be the video adapter. Try bringing it to a local computer shop.

If it is the motherboard alot of times it's better just to get another computer since it's a laptop. The price for a motherboard + labor on a laptop can get pricey.

During use do you have it on a couch, bed, blanket anything that could block air flow I've seen laptop components get fried easily that way
Thanx for the info.

Yeah I use it alot on my bed which is dumb as hell on my part 1.I have acooling pad sitting right beside my bed in my laptop bag 2. Because I'm a junior Comp Sci and I KNOW the dangers of overheating.

Guess this is an expensive a.ss lesson

Quick question though, wouldn't it more than likely be the mother board since the fan isn't working?

Last edited by Mista Mizatti; 01-02-2013 at 12:07 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #4
jewelz1132 5 heat pts
space
space
$12,651 | Props total: 2190 2190
is this a macbook? I had this problem and I dropped it off at an apple repair shop. How I used to get it to turn back on was to let it sit with the black screen for like 5mins. turn it off, then hold the power button until you hear a beeping sound, which is only a temp fix. sh*t would cut off whenever it felt like it, but was enough for me to back things up just in case
 5 years ago '04        #5
space
space
Naw Gateway NV53 =/
 01-02-2013, 12:27 PM         #6
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
My xps did that sh*t and turned out it was the video card. No big deal except the card was built into the motherboard and Wasnt worth fixing at that point. Happened like 2 weeks after warranty went out
 5 years ago '04        #7
space
space
 corys35 said:
My xps did that sh*t and turned out it was the video card. No big deal except the card was built into the motherboard and Wasnt worth fixing at that point. Happened like 2 weeks after warranty went out
Damn thats f'd up.

I don't know what the fu*k is going on because I just turned it on and let it sit there for a while and all of a sudden the fan started working again so I turned it off and back on and it started up. I'm typing on it right now. I'm trying to back up my sh*t ASAP before it decides to clunk out again.
 01-02-2013, 05:41 PM         #8
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mista Mizatti said:
Damn thats f'd up.

I don't know what the fu*k is going on because I just turned it on and let it sit there for a while and all of a sudden the fan started working again so I turned it off and back on and it started up. I'm typing on it right now. I'm trying to back up my sh*t ASAP before it decides to clunk out again.
Ya mine did that sh*t too at first then eventually the screen never came back on. I sold it for parts on ebay got a coupl3 hundred out of it
 5 years ago '04        #9
sideshow20 17 heat pts17
space
space
$9,580 | Props total: 549 549
sounds like you have a overheating issue or a short. somewhere on the motherboard
Home         

most viewed right now
Elle Duncan got Cari Champion the F outta here!
80 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Time Traveler Came From 4127 To Get Away From Child Support
42 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
288 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
67 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
35 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Jayson Tatum’s stats for the month of December so far
60 comments
20 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside fu-k YOU BUNGIE........
47 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
audio inside Quavo & Lil Yachty “Ice Tray” (Joe Budden Diss)
70 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy