Deron Williams says two years of constant playing may have worn him down

most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
86 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
193 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
9331 pageviews
84 comments

Dun Language 3971 heat pts3971
space
space
$75,924 | Props total: 30319 30319
Deron Williams says two years of constant playing may have worn him down

Deron Williams was unimpressive Monday against Tony Parker and the Spurs — he was 3-of-11 shooting, finishing with eight points, one a.ssist and he was a -35 in a game the Nets lost by 31.

It really fits with a season where he is shooting 39.9 percent overall, 30 percent from three and has a PER five points below his last season in Utah.

What is going on? Williams has a series of nagging injuries (particularly a wrist injury) and GM Billy King suggested that playing two straight years — going to Turkey during the lockout then winning gold with Team USA at the London Olympics this summer — has taken its toll on his body. Williams basically agreed with that talking to the New York Daily News.

“I didn’t take any time off. After last season, I never stopped working out. After the Olympics, the day I got back I worked out the next morning,” Williams said. “I thought it was the best thing to do, and now looking back, it probably would have been smarter to take some time off and get a little bit of rest, especially on my legs, and my ankles in general.

“I took a lot of pounding over the last year because even though we had a shortened season, I was over in Istanbul, so I haven’t had a break since before then. I felt like I could handle it, and at the time I thought it was the right thing to do. I didn’t want to get out of shape. I wanted to just keep going.”

To which a lot of Nets fans, as well as Nets ownership, would say “tough cookies.” (Well, they wouldn’t say cookies but I can’t print the word they would use.)

He chose to play in Turkey and with Team USA. He has a brand new max deal. While maybe the Nets should try and find a way to get him a little rest, Williams is lying in a bed he made.

The Nets are a long ways from good and no coach — not Phil Jackson, not anyone — turns this roster into a contender. But the first job for the new coach, whoever it ends up being, is to get Williams turned around. Good luck with that.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Deron Williams says two years of constant playing may have worn him down | ProBasketballTalk

84 comments for "Deron Williams says two years of constant playing may have worn him down"

5 years ago '08        #2
Andre3stacks 20 heat pts20
space
space
$18,966 | Props total: 7378 7378
this n*gga making to many excuses
 01-01-2013, 01:15 PM         #3
Minister 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 5 years ago '12        #4
Kastanova 91 heat pts91
space
space
$16,235 | Props total: 1391 1391
D-Will is pus*y.

Flat out.

n*gga went from top 5 2yrs ago to not even top 10 anymore if that.

That n*gga regressed since becoming a Net.
 5 years ago '05        #5
firehandles 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,231 | Props total: 1227 1227
this n*gga soft man
 5 years ago '07        #6
OG Perez 16 heat pts16
space
space
$42,534 | Props total: 10874 10874
went from top 10 to not mentioned at all

#NETSLOST#2013
 5 years ago '05        #7
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
First he was tired from the Olympics, then he was rusty, then it was the offensive scheme, then it was he was systems player, now its two years back to back playing. Its obvious that Deron does not know what the problem is.. Because it's a new excuse every time he says something.. In the heart of Brooklyn, that NY media got this n*gga sweating and crushing under the pressure after every loss.

I hope he gets back to playing like his old self. He was fun too watch in Utah..
 5 years ago '05        #8
Rubix 
space
space
$8,495 | Props total: 828 828
the funny thing is he doesn't look as in shape as he did when he was playing under sloan. dude's looking chunkier these days.
 5 years ago '11        #9
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,257 | Props total: 17712 17712
is he the only one that hasn't took a break? I think not.

you have to keep doing physical activity in order to stay in shape year round, that's for any athlete.

kinda sucks when your scapegoat is gone huh?
 5 years ago '11        #10
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,257 | Props total: 17712 17712
 Rubix said:
the funny thing is he doesn't look as in shape as he did when he was playing under sloan. dude's looking chunkier these days.
lol he's not fat, his arms look that way tho... just his heightand build really... n*ggas thought that CP3 was pugdy too
 5 years ago '05        #11
Bea5T 137 heat pts137
space
space
$20,515 | Props total: 206 206
Kobe got 17 years of constant playing
 5 years ago '10        #12
kawgre12 14 heat pts14
space
space
$13,180 | Props total: 7758 7758
And n*ggas thought average joe was the one with the bad contract
 5 years ago '10        #13
SmoothTay 23 heat pts23
space
space
$26,617 | Props total: 30598 30598
This n*gga new name should be Excuse Williams
 5 years ago '05        #14
Hold That 103 heat pts103
space
space
$36,736 | Props total: 12561 12561
 Rubix said:
Sloan is from the same cloth of Pops,Coach K, and Thibs.. They run their teams like well oiled machines.. each of those coaches can get virtually any player and they'll likely commit and play some of their best most productive ball they've played. mostly due to practice, preparation, and expectations as a professional. And I agree with you, he has looked out of shape and lackadaisical since joining the Nets.. He doesn't have Sloan in his ear expecting 100% anymore. People forget that Dwill was benched at the start of his rookie year for atleast half the season because Sloan didn't think DWill was ready and didn't play with enough intensity.. Dwill changed that and went on to be a all-star. they need a coach who's not afraid to get in Dwill face and hold him accountable. Because obviously without Sloan,Dwil does not hold himself accountable, just continues to come up with new excuses.
 5 years ago '07        #15
JamcnPrettyboy 96 heat pts96
space
space
$23,478 | Props total: 6147 6147
n*gga has never been in great shape. He doesn't look like he hits the gym often.
 5 years ago '09        #16
Tiko377 1861 heat pts1861
space
space
$15,209 | Props total: 8943 8943
Jazz won

Mavs won
 5 years ago '06        #17
lmnop 122 heat pts122
space
space
space
$20,854 | Props total: 944 944
 X_WunderKind_X said:
lol he's not fat, his arms look that way tho... just his heightand build really... n*ggas thought that CP3 was pugdy too
yeah, his weight is not solid... he just has a high body fat%

but he looks about 20 pounds over his "listed" weight
 5 years ago '05        #18
jsilerio 89 heat pts89
space
space
$12,712 | Props total: 23402 23402
Damn my dude stop making excuses and just play on or rest up...
 5 years ago '12        #19
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,768 | Props total: 22155 22155
Kobe has been playing non-stop for 17 years. Deron is just a fu*king fat a.ss lazy light skinned n*gga.
 5 years ago '06        #20
Rique 60 heat pts60
space
space
$40,542 | Props total: 18056 18056
 JamcnPrettyboy said:
n*gga has never been in great shape. He doesn't look like he hits the gym often.
This n*gga benches over 300lbs man

Deron is washed up im tired of this n*gga and his excuses hes useless. Brook Lopez is a lot better this year and nets should be way better but Deron is declining faster than Brook is developing
Home      

most viewed right now
joie chavis
33 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
87 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
52 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
92 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
71 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who are these washed up niggas next to Drake?
64 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Roseanne Revival Gets Premiere Date on ABC — Watch Season 10 Teaser
56 comments
2 days ago
@movies
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy