'Training Day' Director Ignores Spike Lee Bashing, Defends "Django" N-Word Usage

most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
182 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
54 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
64 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
space
$16,390 | Props total: 5652 5652
 Windy said:
fu*k up, i like the wild wild west.

this movie should of been made by a black man, and nothing you toms say will change my mind.

ima stay proud, we proud again in 13. 2013 time to bring that black pride back. ima wear a dashiki to work and i wish my boss would tell me to take it off

call up jesse and we'd march on them devils

WINDYYYYYY NOOOOOOO
 5 years ago '07        #42
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
 AuthenticMade said:
As a proud black man who actually enjoyed the movie....who was entertained by the movie...since it was entertainment.....I really mean it when I say this

I wish people would just shut the fu*k up about all this dumb a.ss sh*t as of late. I swear the older we get as human beings...the more sensitive we get....Stop giving things like the n word, whose using it, and blah blah blah power....fu*k Quentin Tarantino....fu*k Spike Lee....fu*k white people...and fu*k n*ggas....I loved the movie, my fave movie of the year....but im so got damn tired of all the bi*ching and complaining every time anything happens....We as a people(humans, not blacks...) will find something to complain bout...even if its a non issue...either u watch it or u dont.....otherwise STFU
/thread.
 5 years ago '06        #43
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
 AuthenticMade said:
As a proud black man who actually enjoyed the movie....who was entertained by the movie...since it was entertainment.....I really mean it when I say this

I wish people would just shut the fu*k up about all this dumb a.ss sh*t as of late. I swear the older we get as human beings...the more sensitive we get....Stop giving things like the n word, whose using it, and blah blah blah power....fu*k Quentin Tarantino....fu*k Spike Lee....fu*k white people...and fu*k n*ggas....I loved the movie, my fave movie of the year....but im so got damn tired of all the bi*ching and complaining every time anything happens....We as a people(humans, not blacks...) will find something to complain bout...even if its a non issue...either u watch it or u dont.....otherwise STFU

see i think its no coincidence that the people complaining havent seen the movie..i havent seen anybody who's seen it say that its disrespectful to their ancestors

i think, not all, but alot of people on here are just playing the whole offended role to fit in and have an excuse to be offended..they want people to see how "offended" they are

Last edited by coolio; 01-02-2013 at 09:35 AM..
 5 years ago '07        #44
TH35 103 heat pts103
space
space
$85,775 | Props total: 14587 14587
 Matt504 said:
fu*k Roots and Alex Haley for even making that plagiarized garbage, and passing it off as truth.

That sh*t is dead.
I always laugh when people big up Roots.
 5 years ago '11        #45
VinylDigga213 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 206 206
Tarantino is a genius.
 5 years ago '04        #46
dj spydr 
space
space
$380 | Props total: 128 128
 AuthenticMade said:

The nerve of this guy right here...using actual common sense on a topic like this
 5 years ago '10        #47
Bandito 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$4,821 | Props total: 7021 7021
I can't take Spike serious since him Sam Jackson did this

[video - click to view]

The way Spike was off-beat is disrespectful to his ancestors.
 5 years ago '04        #48
RYLNYC|m 5 heat pts
space
space
$11,841 | Props total: 1133 1133
Spike Lee is STILL getting scrutinized for his opinion? Wild.
 01-02-2013, 12:46 PM         #49
youdug 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AuthenticMade said:

this whole statement, although i somewhat agree... (i think... ) is incredibly ignorant.
 5 years ago '04        #50
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,382 | Props total: 6410 6410
 AuthenticMade said:

i haven't seen the movie yet but some of my family members and friends have(im black btw)...

and the only person that was uneasy about it was a mexican
 5 years ago '04        #51
dj spydr 
space
space
$380 | Props total: 128 128
 RYLNYC said:
Spike Lee is STILL getting scrutinized for his opinion? Wild.
It's not like Fuqua announced a press conference to comment on what Spike said. Someone obviously asked HIS opinion on the matter and he gave it.
 5 years ago '10        #52
Quick SR Son 2 heat pts
space
space
$878 | Props total: 19 19
 AuthenticMade said:

Couldnt have said it better myself, even though I still don't know how I feel about Big Daddy's part. That sh*t had a n*gga uncomfortable for a sec
 5 years ago '06        #53
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Matt504 said:
fu*k Roots and Alex Haley for even making that plagiarized garbage, and passing it off as truth.

That sh*t is dead.
this type of statement? coming from you? thats a shock *no sacasm*
 5 years ago '11        #54
VinylDigga213 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,028 | Props total: 206 206
fu*k spike lee, dude is a salty bi*ch
 5 years ago '10        #55
Account001 
space
space
$3,341 | Props total: 179 179
Ive seen the movie, i thought it was racist, more racist than any other movie due fact that it was based during slavery... so more sh*t was able to slide by unnoticed.

Its ok, just like some white people are or say racist sh*t without knowing it, some black people aren't offended by some sh*t when they should be...

What i do have a problem with is blacks trying to defend something they should be offended by...
 5 years ago '06        #56
JOHNSNAKE06 
space
space
space
$1,360 | Props total: 555 555
Before seeing the movie I was uneasy about the use of the word. After watching the movie, I have to say that I wasn't offended at all. There are a couple scenes that I thought were hard to watch, but were expected in a movie set during slavery. I have no problem with the movie, nor do I have a problem with Spike's opinion. Its not my place to tell someone how this movie should make them feel, especially someone Spike's age or older. I don't know what he has seen or experienced growing up in the 50's and 60's.
 5 years ago '07        #57
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,835 | Props total: 4814 4814
 JOHNSNAKE06 said:
Before seeing the movie I was uneasy about the use of the word. After watching the movie, I have to say that I wasn't offended at all. There are a couple scenes that I thought were hard to watch, but were expected in a movie set during slavery. I have no problem with the movie, nor do I have a problem with Spike's opinion. Its not my place to tell someone how this movie should make them feel, especially someone Spike's age or older. I don't know what he has seen or experienced growing up in the 50's and 60's.
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
40 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
215 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
38 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
144 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
85 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago