'Training Day' Director Ignores Spike Lee Bashing, Defends "Django" N-Word Usage

most viewed right now
 128
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
80 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 80
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
14 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 75
Damn!! Is all I can say
57 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 52
Video inside Was there ever a bigger weed carrier than SliffStar
68 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #21
Kingpin 313 104 heat pts104
space
space
space
$19,222 | Props total: 2617 2617
Another uncle tom
 5 years ago '06        #22
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Kingpin 313 said:
Another uncle tom
 01-01-2013, 10:27 PM         #23
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Does that mean inglorious basterds is unrealistic because it was a ww 2 movie yet didn't contain an abundance of anti-Semitic slurs or violence? Of course not people are just imagining that double standard.
 5 years ago '06        #24
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Patrick Galooly said:
Does that mean inglorious basterds is unrealistic because it was a ww 2 movie yet didn't contain an abundance of anti-Semitic slurs or violence? Of course not people are just imagining that double standard.
youre right because World War 2 was all about the jews and nothing else.
 01-01-2013, 10:32 PM         #25
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nightmare said:
youre right because World War 2 was all about the jews and nothing else.
Inglorious basterds was all about jews.
 5 years ago '06        #26
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Patrick Galooly said:
Inglorious basterds was all about jews.
the first scene was
 01-01-2013, 10:38 PM         #27
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nightmare said:
the first scene was
And every scene that had the Jewish squadron k!lling Nazis. I mean the bear jew, that was the plot of the movie jews get their revenge on Hitler. Yet no anti-Semitic slurs, with the exception of the first scene all violence jew on Nazi. It's alright you've been hoodwinked you've been bamboozled.
 5 years ago '06        #28
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Patrick Galooly said:
And every scene that had the Jewish squadron k!lling Nazis. I mean the bear jew, that was the plot of the movie jews get their revenge on Hitler. Yet no anti-Semitic slurs, with the exception of the first scene all violence jew on Nazi. It's alright you've been hoodwinked you've been bamboozled.
hoodwinked and bamboozled


im sorry for speaking against you, oh great paragon of enlightenment, i wont do it again































YOUNG!
 5 years ago '04        #29
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 Patrick Galooly said:
Does that mean inglorious basterds is unrealistic because it was a ww 2 movie yet didn't contain an abundance of anti-Semitic slurs or violence? Of course not people are just imagining that double standard.
If one wanted to call it unrealistic because of that I guess they could, I'm not totally familiar with what particular slurs were used back then on Jews as well as how often.

but the only problem is that you would have all those Jews in Hollywood that would start getting on Tarantino's a.ss about it.

it would've made for better more realistic art but it could've been potentially detrimental to his future art.

also I think that using the N-word kinda drives the point home about how harsh slavery really was to those whites that constantly want to cover up that part of history and act like it wasn't that bad.

With or without movies there's always constant reminders of how bad the holocaust was. It's what we use in history lessons to justify everything we did in World War II.
 01-01-2013, 10:54 PM         #30
Patrick Galooly 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
If one wanted to call it unrealistic because of that I guess they could, I'm not totally familiar with what particular slurs were used back then on Jews as well as how often.

but the only problem is that you would have all those Jews in Hollywood that would start getting on Tarantino's a.ss about it.

it would've made for better more realistic art but it could've been potentially detrimental to his future art.

also I think that using the N-word kinda drives the point home about how harsh slavery really was to those whites that constantly want to cover up that part of history and act like it wasn't that bad.

With or without movies there's always constant reminders of how bad the holocaust was. It's what we use in history lessons to justify everything we did in World War II.
So what you're saying is because black people have no power in Hollywood tartino felt it was o.k. to denigrate them because he knew the backlash wouldn't come from anyone important enough to hurt his future prospects, the way the jews did Mel Gibson. Wouldn't that make Tarentino a coward and not this balsy envelope pushing artist?
 5 years ago '04        #31
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 Patrick Galooly said:
So what you're saying is because black people have no power in Hollywood tartino felt it was o.k. to denigrate them because he knew the backlash wouldn't come from anyone important enough to hurt his future prospects, the way the jews did Mel Gibson. Wouldn't that make Tarentino a coward and not this balsy envelope pushing artist?
I knew this was gonna be the typical reply someone was gonna make toward my post.



I dont think he denigrated anyone in Django by fully incorporating all of the cultural aspects relevant to the time period being depicted by the film in order to have the most realistic portrayal and representation of that era in order to stay true to artistic integrity.

Did you seriously want him to not have the N-word in there at all ?? Then you would have a certain group of black folk that would say " he's sugarcoating history like other white directors and making it seem less harsh than what it really was "

Jamie really wanted the word in there , Sam Jackson really wanted the word in there, Sidney Portier really wanted the word in there, it raises the level of artistic integrity in a film where a black slave ultimately gets the upper hand on the various white oppressors in the film.

What exactly about the message and overall story being told in the film is offensive toward african-americans outside of the realistic depiction of slavery in the antebellum south ?? The vast majority of intelligent black people watching his movie love it and dont see the overall story as offensively denigrating, and the vast majority of white conservative racists hate it. So what does that really say. It's mostly only a small amount of pseudo-intellectual that always want to over analyze everything that say they have a problem with this.

Certain Jews IMO can be too overly sensitive, and Tarantino does push the envelope but you have to know where not to push if you still want an envelope to push in the future. As a result Tarantino might have made a slightly less realistic depiction of World War II in Inglorious Bastards , but even if he did include those racial slurs toward jews, the film would not have been denigrating to Jews either. Shyt would've been a realistic depiction just like Django was a realistic depiction. So due to the reputation of overly sensitive jews in Hollywood , he had to compromise on his artistic integrity even though what would have been done wouldn't have been denigrating to a jewish audience who was smart enough to understand that historical accuracy correlates with artistic integrity.


Last edited by psylence2k; 01-01-2013 at 11:42 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #32
S0ap 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$2,424 | Props total: 291 291
"I want my kids to hear those kinds of words in the right context, so that they'll know that language is not OK," Fuqua said.
That's a powerful quote right there, yet overlooked by most.
 5 years ago '09        #33
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
avatar space
space
$18,518 | Props total: 11384 11384
Tarantino is a genius

doesn't matter if u agree wit that statement or not, he has your attention

and not only does he have your attention, his movie is fu*kin great

and not only is his movie fu*kin great, you're fu*kin mad

and not only are you mad, you can't do nothin about it
 5 years ago '10        #34
Troublesome91 48 heat pts48
space
avatar space
space
$5,404 | Props total: 2564 2564
fuk up and start filming that pac biopic
 01-02-2013, 01:28 AM         #35
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Arson said:
inb4 somebody says Fuqua is a ****
 nightmare said:
in before Fuqua is a house negroe
wait for em....

 r.burgundy said:
some black people do anything to stay in a white mans good graces
 Kingpin 313 said:
Another uncle tom
there they go

 S0ap said:
That's a powerful quote right there, yet overlooked by most.
 5 years ago '12        #36
You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
avatar space
space
$42,400 | Props total: 19889 19889
 Windy said:
fu*k up, i like the wild wild west.

this movie should of been made by a black man, and nothing you toms say will change my mind.


ima stay proud, we proud again in 13. 2013 time to bring that black pride back. ima wear a dashiki to work and i wish my boss would tell me to take it off


call up jesse and we'd march on them devils
as expected from a fu*king wizards fan
 5 years ago '12        #37
BlessInTheSky 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,262 | Props total: 7678 7678
 RoyaL CraCk said:
actually no,
did you even read it?

 skillahmang said:


boxden home of some the biggest idiots in the good ol u-s- of A(ssholes)
 revinue2244 said:
your idiot of the year and the year just started
If you guys couldn't comprehend what I said, you could've just asked me to explain it to you at a 5th grade level.

I did read it. Antoine Fuqua says that Spike Lee chose the wrong way to to get his point across, by calling out Tarantino's film publicly, and that "if you disagree with the way a colleague did something, call him up, invite him out for a coffee, talk about it. But don't do it publicly." Ok, so in this case, Fuqua disagreed with the way Spike Lee called out Tarantino's film, but instead of "[calling] him up, inviting him out for a coffee, [and] talk about it," he goes ahead and tells the public in this interview that he disagreed with the way Spike Lee went about the Tarantino's film. Which was exactly what he was trying to tell Spike Lee NOT to do.

If you guys still don't understand, I could try drawing you three a picture.


Last edited by BlessInTheSky; 01-02-2013 at 04:41 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #38
GST 
space
avatar space
space
$14,849 | Props total: 2425 2425
 r.burgundy said:
some black people do anything to stay in a white mans good graces

^^^^ this
 5 years ago '05        #39
GST 
space
avatar space
space
$14,849 | Props total: 2425 2425
go along to get along a.ss negroes
 5 years ago '06        #40
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 GST said:
go along to get along a.ss negroes
ay yo Bambatta! shut the hell up you internet radical
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 32
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
79 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 22
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 21
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 20
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
72 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
67 comments
2 days ago
@gear
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
191 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
51 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 9
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
118 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy