Lovie Smith Fired

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
52 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
129 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
44 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NBA Breakfast Club interviews Lavar Ball & Sons On Family Business, Discipline..
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #121
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,254 | Props total: 3842 3842
Its not like I haven't had this "fire Lovie" discussion with other Bears fans. My point is if you're a GM, there are so many other solutions to the Bears problems from a personnel standpoint that put you in the perfect position to win than listening to the media and doing the knee jerk thing.

How bout getting rid of the under performers first?

Cut:

Kellen Davis

Trade:

Devin Hester for draft picks while he's still marketable.

Draft:

Quality OLinemen in mid rounds like other good teams do.

Instead...

We fire the coach who hasn't had a losing season since 09.

Which means...

The offensive coordinator has to go.

Which means...

The quarterback either has to go, which won't happen, or we give him another offensive coordinator and system to start all over with.
 5 years ago '12        #122
TRILL SH1T 95 heat pts95
space
space
$5,852 | Props total: 3481 3481
 torious said:
If lovie weren't black he would already have a job right now. Yea I said it
I am so fkn tired of people pulling the "cause he was black" card... He missed the playoffs 5-6 years and is the first coach in 15 years to miss the playoffs when starting 7-1, just stop
 5 years ago '04        #123
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 DatBrownDood said:
every chicago fan knew this was gonna happen. missing the playoffs when its at your finger tips just is uncalled for. and it obviously starts with the coaching. i hope tice is next
Wait...

Then you should hope Cutler is next. Don't expect a new system from a new offensive coordinator to work as its the 4th new one in 5 years.

If Cutler is next the what happens to Brandon Marshall his boy and the reason he's in Chicago now

There's a lot more to all of this than we're seeing here and some negative implications all the way down the road.
 5 years ago '04        #124
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 torious said:
The other alternative is worse.... Lovie was a top 3 D/ST coach, every yr. y'all shoulda been counting your blesses in the sky. You mighta solved 1 problem but you created 2-3 more (prolly) bigger ones
As much as I laugh at your constant trolling this sh*t right here is a valid point
 5 years ago '04        #125
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
 PEK said:
Lovie is a defensive coach, and we have a damn good defense, Why is he fired? We need to find an Offensive coordinator and that should be the GM's job. The only thing I hate about Lovie is that he plays soft zone at the end of games when we have the lead. That loss to Denver last year really pissed me off.

Oh well, lets see who we bring in. Somebody is gonna get a damn good defensive coordinator in Lovie.
This...

For any Bears fan who thinks that firing Lovie was a good move, let's play GM for a minute. Who do you bring in as:

1. Head Coach.

2. Offensive Coordinator.

And addressing #2, remember, your new offensive coordinator has to fit to Jay Cutler's skill set and personality.

Begin...
 12-31-2012, 11:50 AM         #126
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnicksLost said:
Send him to NY...its a shame how black coaches have short leash....son won 10 fu*kin gms dammit
 KnicksLost said:
Jim Schwartz still got a job??

Fuk outta here
 KnicksLost said:
not holding the rex grossman kyle orton years against him....that mike martz offense

until schwartz is fired Im gonna pull the race card cus I see it time and time again in every sport

Lovie Smith had a long leash to be average and below average for awhile. At some point you need to get the offense going to be where the defense is/was.

Pulling the race card tho

Pistol Peter said:
keep all this good trolling up torious...i might leave for an all black sports board and never come back
 torious said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #127
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,992 | Props total: 11788 11788
 TRILL SH1T said:
I am so fkn tired of people pulling the "cause he was black" card... He missed the playoffs 5-6 years and is the first coach in 15 years to miss the playoffs when starting 7-1, just stop
Look I'm not the one who routinely starts race wars.. I usually try to stop them cuz a lot of that sh*t is BS
Not saying it was all bc he's black.. but if you really haven't observed that in college and pro football black coaches invariably get a shortler leash than white counterparts I dunno what to tell you there's been one exception. I can think of is marvin lewis. I don't even think any1 in cinci cares about the bebngals tho.. but if you don't realize its a trend and a reality you're. Either ignorant, misinformed, or livin on the moon

Last edited by torious; 12-31-2012 at 11:54 AM..
 5 years ago '11        #128
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,213 | Props total: 17618 17618
 Pistol Peter said:
an emotional devin hester said he might retire

the love that the players have for lovie is strong man
they just said on the herd that Jay Cutler choked up on his radio show...or at least that's what I thought I overheard
 5 years ago '07        #129
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
 X_WunderKind_X said:
they just said on the herd that Jay Cutler choked up on his radio show...or at least that's what I thought I overheard
he was
 5 years ago '07        #130
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 biscuit said:
Its not like I haven't had this "fire Lovie" discussion with other Bears fans. My point is if you're a GM, there are so many other solutions to the Bears problems from a personnel standpoint that put you in the perfect position to win than listening to the media and doing the knee jerk thing.

How bout getting rid of the under performers first?

Cut:

Kellen Davis

Trade:

Devin Hester for draft picks while he's still marketable.

Draft:

Quality OLinemen in mid rounds like other good teams do.

Instead...

We fire the coach who hasn't had a losing season since 09.

Which means...

The offensive coordinator has to go.

Which means...

The quarterback either has to go, which won't happen, or we give him another offensive coordinator and system to start all over with.

I fu*k with this guy right here...The lovie smith firing was fooley and whoever comes in

will reap the benefits of the groundwork he put in place which is an outstanding defense

The GM shud of put his focus towards the offensive side of the ball

Bring in a stephen jackson or a bruising type back to spell bush strengthen up the

OL and I think they would of competed for a chip next year
 5 years ago '07        #131
KnicksLost 17 heat pts17
space
space
space
$47,257 | Props total: 1609 1609
 TRILL SH1T said:
its fu*kin true.....Andy Reid has already been given the Chargers or Browns job

I'm pullin the race card fu*k that sh*t first Mike Brown now Lovie...the firing wasnt racial motivated tho but its a shame he wasnt given more time especially of 3 seasons of .500 or better

D'Antoni quit on a team and claims he signed with them was a mistake and gets a job the next season

Last edited by KnicksLost; 12-31-2012 at 12:02 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #132
Pistol Peter 33 heat pts33
space
space
$26,679 | Props total: 15 15
Zach Zaidman ‏@ZachZaidman
Devin Hester on Lovie Smith's firing: "You all got what you all wanted."

devin
 5 years ago '06        #133
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,365 | Props total: 5625 5625
 5 years ago '04        #134
Nu Tymez 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,176 | Props total: 2 2
Everyone knows the players loved Lovie.. But I also felt they should have played better for him.. That Houston lost and Seattle lost could have easily went the other way.. If we had won those games, we most likely would not be looking for another coach right now
 5 years ago '11        #135
space
space
he got 9 years... I don't know how marvin lewis was still there but they stuck with him and now he's had two playoff berth in the past 2 yrs...I don't think race was the main reason here
 5 years ago '11        #136
space
space
 Nu Tymez said:
Everyone knows the players loved Lovie.. But I also felt they should have played better for him.. That Houston lost and Seattle lost could have easily went the other way.. If we had won those games, we most likely would not be looking for another coach right now
you cant account for Jason Campbell being scared to throw a pass.
 5 years ago '09        #137
Spiffy 34 heat pts34
space
space
$20,051 | Props total: 26 26
in just to be in

fu*k the bears
 5 years ago '06        #138
NYGiantsHUSTLER 26 heat pts26
space
space
$5,263 | Props total: 443 443
 KnicksLost said:
Jim Schwartz still got a job??

Fuk outta here
he been there 4 years and detroit is always fu*king terrible. lovie been in Chi for 9
 5 years ago '07        #139
Mr. Moses 
space
space
$4,418 | Props total: 6 6
 Nu Tymez said:
STC.
 5 years ago '07        #140
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,224 | Props total: 19977 19977
I mean I see why the fired him, im just not sure if its the right move. I think we needed a good
OC. And some god damn lineman lol. oh well tho, sad day for some bears fans, dudes been with us for a while.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
59 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside The Administration Kicked Me Out But I Went Round Back On They A@%
34 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
86 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
88 comments
1 day ago
@misc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy