most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
78 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
102 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #221
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1102 1102
Double post
 5 years ago '09        #222
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,185 | Props total: 22646 22646
lovie would be smart to go to the bills, he can at least f!ght for a wild card every year
 5 years ago '04        #223
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,322 | Props total: 3924 3924
 gGgM35 said:
What up bruh, really haven't been able to post much during this season but I've lurked around here and there...still was riding with the beloved though.

Bears fans any of y'all listen to the emery presser...the man knows his sh*t refreshing to hear after the years or jerry talking to the fans like they're idiots.
Yeah man, just saw all 3 Emery interviews on chicagobears.com. I can say I respect his opinion and decision after watching what he had to say but I still think he's wrong. I especially appreciate his statistical analysis and "Moneyball" reference seeing as how my lady and I just watched that movie this week.

It just seems a bit dumb that every aspect that he's looking for in a head coach describes Lovie.

I been on facebook hollerin at other Bears fans about the direction the team needs to go all day and yesterday too. Bears fans that want some kind of passing coach are misinformed. I had to break out stats on em...

Top 3 passing offenses in the NFL:

1. New Orleans
2. Detroit
3. Dallas

All 3 are non playoff teams.

Top 4 rushing offenses in the NFL

1. Washington
2. Minnesota
3. Seattle
4. San Fran

All 4 are playoff teams...

Chicago is 10th in rushing with a top 10 (or top 5 D). Basically my point was that a strong running offense and good defense will still get you into the playoffs with a chance to win. Our O didn't have the wrong idea, we just needed better execution and a reliable tight end.

Emery knows this.

The best thing he can do is hire a figurehead who wont change too much of what was going on. The D has to stay top 5. The O has to continue running the ball well or even better than it was. The Oline has to pass protect better and Cutler needs a TE and less dropped passes. The figurehead coach:

1. Finishes what Lovie started and improves on 10-6
2. Takes pressure off Emery from the media calling for Lovie's head
3. Inherits a top flight D with about a 2 year shelf life with 6 pro bowl caliber players so he has a good chance of winning a lot built-in.
4. Get's the benefit of drafting in a decent mid round position with the opportunity to draft an impact TE (which are usually available mid round) or Olineman to improve an already decent team with a lot of elements in place.

Any "so called" offensive genius or Chip Kelly type will require an overhaul of the entire team with different personnel and a 3 to 5 year rebuild. I don't think Emery is dumb enough to try that...
 5 years ago '06        #224
Honolulu Blue 32 heat pts32
space
space
$17,453 | Props total: 1102 1102
NFL coaches usually don't get a free 3-5 years to rebuild. They're expected to turn the ship completely in the right direction in 3 years, I'd say. Some coaches get a quick pass for a winning season, see: Jim Schwartz.

I like the stats but Washington/Dallas came down to the last game. Granted, Washington did light them up for over 200+ rush yards, and it did make the difference in the game, but it's one game and it really coulda gone either way.

I think the Bears have always been a great team, since I'm a fan of another team in the division I keep a close eye on them in the off-season and stuff. This was supposed to be the year. The defense played like it. Came down to one game for Lovie. Sucks, but that's how it is. I don't know if the Bears rebound right back into playoff contention with a new staff, especially if they go the way of someone like Chip Kelly. But they got the talent, as long as Briggs, Tillman, Urlacher and Peppers anchor that defense, a lot of things are possible.

Keep in mind this is coming from one of the only Lions fans who kept it real last off-season and gave yall props where it was due.
 5 years ago '04        #225
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,322 | Props total: 3924 3924
 Comic Book Guy said:
NFL coaches usually don't get a free 3-5 years to rebuild. They're expected to turn the ship completely in the right direction in 3 years, I'd say. Some coaches get a quick pass for a winning season, see: Jim Schwartz.

I like the stats but Washington/Dallas came down to the last game. Granted, Washington did light them up for over 200+ rush yards, and it did make the difference in the game, but it's one game and it really coulda gone either way.

I think the Bears have always been a great team, since I'm a fan of another team in the division I keep a close eye on them in the off-season and stuff. This was supposed to be the year. The defense played like it. Came down to one game for Lovie. Sucks, but that's how it is. I don't know if the Bears rebound right back into playoff contention with a new staff, especially if they go the way of someone like Chip Kelly. But they got the talent, as long as Briggs, Tillman, Urlacher and Peppers anchor that defense, a lot of things are possible.

Keep in mind this is coming from one of the only Lions fans who kept it real last off-season and gave yall props where it was due.
I said it before bruh, I respect your opinion on here so it's all good

The difference of winning and losing in the NFL is so small most fans don't get it. Even having a running back who produces just a bit better than another guy makes a night and day difference. I mean, if Leshoure ran more often and you didn't let Joike Bell run as much (fumbles too much in my opinion) Stafford would be that much more successful because he wouldn't pass so much and your O wouldn't be so predictable

I think the Brian Kelly guy from Notre Dame has decent potential and his name is being thrown around. I like what I'm just starting to read about the Denver guy also.

Bears need to look to 3 things in this draft in this order IMO:

1. Pass catching and decent blocking TE
2. Oline mid draft (don't waste high picks on potential busts)
3. Linebacker to replace our aging guys.
 5 years ago '07        #226
st21 1238 heat pts1238
space
space
$55,588 | Props total: 43740 43740
 biscuit said:
Top 3 passing offenses in the NFL:

1. New Orleans
2. Detroit
3. Dallas

1. Washington
2. Minnesota
3. Seattle
4. San Fran

good stat

so much for the NFL becoming a pure passing league
 5 years ago '09        #227
gGgM35 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,150 | Props total: 33 33
 biscuit said:

1. New Orleans
2. Detroit
3. Dallas

1. Washington
2. Minnesota
3. Seattle
4. San Fran

Chicago is 10th in rushing with a top 10 (or top 5 D). Basically my point was that a strong running offense and good defense will still get you into the playoffs with a chance to win. Our O didn't have the wrong idea, we just needed better execution and a reliable tight end.

Emery knows this.

The best thing he can do is hire a figurehead who wont change too much of what was going on. The D has to stay top 5. The O has to continue running the ball well or even better than it was. The Oline has to pass protect better and Cutler needs a TE and less dropped passes. The figurehead coach:

1. Finishes what Lovie started and improves on 10-6
2. Takes pressure off Emery from the media calling for Lovie's head
3. Inherits a top flight D with about a 2 year shelf life with 6 pro bowl caliber players so he has a good chance of winning a lot built-in.
4. Get's the benefit of drafting in a decent mid round position with the opportunity to draft an impact TE (which are usually available mid round) or Olineman to improve an already decent team with a lot of elements in place.

Any "so called" offensive genius or Chip Kelly type will require an overhaul of the entire team with different personnel and a 3 to 5 year rebuild. I don't think Emery is dumb enough to try that...
Yeah I completely agree with you with not wanting to be one of the flashy passing O's I never really bought into that hype I'd prefer for them to stay balanced on O and have a dual threat because the weapons are there I just think the guys that lovie hired just were in over their head (martz actually had them looking pretty good last year, he was just to stubborn and the team didn't have the personnel to execute what he wanted to do) but tice this year just had no clue at all what he wanted to do...cutler,forte & bennett and the rest of the O (excluding marshall) regressed under him won't make a mention of the te's the sh*tty play that came from that corps this year blew the fu*k outta me.

I hope he keeps toub & marinelli on the staff though the D and st isn't a problem and the team doesn't have the personnel to run a 3-4 D and truth be told it's a nice amount of young pieces on the D and they just need to re-vamp the Lb's and add a few pieces here and there.

I loved all of the things love preached on the D side of the ball and hope the next coach keeps the core of what was taught (turnovers,scoring off them, hustle to the ball etc) but the man just DID NOT know what the hell to do on the O side of the ball and wasn't gonna learn anytime soon...team just needed a new direction.
 5 years ago '04        #228
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,068 | Props total: 11878 11878
yall see / hear Ditka's reaction
 5 years ago '04        #229
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$82,068 | Props total: 11878 11878
 st21 said:
good stat

so much for the NFL becoming a pure passing league
 5 years ago '04        #230
ATLDOPEBOI30 73 heat pts73
space
space
$32,499 | Props total: 6074 6074

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #231
fivetreyfour 8 heat pts
space
space
$1,409 | Props total: 893 893
 gGgM35 said:
Yeah I completely agree with you with not wanting to be one of the flashy passing O's I never really bought into that hype I'd prefer for them to stay balanced on O and have a dual threat because the weapons are there I just think the guys that lovie hired just were in over their head (martz actually had them looking pretty good last year, he was just to stubborn and the team didn't have the personnel to execute what he wanted to do) but tice this year just had no clue at all what he wanted to do...cutler,forte & bennett and the rest of the O (excluding marshall) regressed under him won't make a mention of the te's the sh*tty play that came from that corps this year blew the fu*k outta me.

I hope he keeps toub & marinelli on the staff though the D and st isn't a problem and the team doesn't have the personnel to run a 3-4 D and truth be told it's a nice amount of young pieces on the D and they just need to re-vamp the Lb's and add a few pieces here and there.

I loved all of the things love preached on the D side of the ball and hope the next coach keeps the core of what was taught (turnovers,scoring off them, hustle to the ball etc) but the man just DID NOT know what the hell to do on the O side of the ball and wasn't gonna learn anytime soon...team just needed a new direction.

I would also like to see Toub and Marinelli back. I know the decision is not popular here on this board, but I felt Emery did the right thing. You can only blame/fire the coordinator so many times without the HC ultimately getting the blame placed on him. 19-40 something against winning teams and missing the playoffs 5 out of the six years since 06, it was time for a change in direction. The teams "younger" core is on the offensive side of the ball, so they need someone here who will get the most out of that core.

Even with all the takeaways our D generates, the bend but don't break cover-2 can easily be exploited by teams with a good QB that's patient enough to break the D down in the soft spots along the edges of the zone. To compete with the elite teams that run smart offensive schemes, we need an offense that will score more consistently, but this team has been a.ss cheeks on the offensive end since the mid to late 80's. The core pieces are there, we just need someone in here who will take that core and elevate them to at least the upper half in the offensive rankings.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
177 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
99 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
60 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
59 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
76 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
202 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
75 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy