most viewed right now
The pyramids were what?
99 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside 21 Savage Goons shoots at Nipsey, e40 with Wack 100
23 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #221
biscuit 73 heat pts73
space
space
$21,299 | Props total: 7733 7733
 gGgM35 said:
What up bruh, really haven't been able to post much during this season but I've lurked around here and there...still was riding with the beloved though.

Bears fans any of y'all listen to the emery presser...the man knows his sh*t refreshing to hear after the years or jerry talking to the fans like they're idiots.
Yeah man, just saw all 3 Emery interviews on chicagobears.com. I can say I respect his opinion and decision after watching what he had to say but I still think he's wrong. I especially appreciate his statistical analysis and "Moneyball" reference seeing as how my lady and I just watched that movie this week.

It just seems a bit dumb that every aspect that he's looking for in a head coach describes Lovie.

I been on facebook hollerin at other Bears fans about the direction the team needs to go all day and yesterday too. Bears fans that want some kind of passing coach are misinformed. I had to break out stats on em...

Top 3 passing offenses in the NFL:

1. New Orleans
2. Detroit
3. Dallas

All 3 are non playoff teams.

Top 4 rushing offenses in the NFL

1. Washington
2. Minnesota
3. Seattle
4. San Fran

All 4 are playoff teams...

Chicago is 10th in rushing with a top 10 (or top 5 D). Basically my point was that a strong running offense and good defense will still get you into the playoffs with a chance to win. Our O didn't have the wrong idea, we just needed better execution and a reliable tight end.

Emery knows this.

The best thing he can do is hire a figurehead who wont change too much of what was going on. The D has to stay top 5. The O has to continue running the ball well or even better than it was. The Oline has to pass protect better and Cutler needs a TE and less dropped passes. The figurehead coach:

1. Finishes what Lovie started and improves on 10-6
2. Takes pressure off Emery from the media calling for Lovie's head
3. Inherits a top flight D with about a 2 year shelf life with 6 pro bowl caliber players so he has a good chance of winning a lot built-in.
4. Get's the benefit of drafting in a decent mid round position with the opportunity to draft an impact TE (which are usually available mid round) or Olineman to improve an already decent team with a lot of elements in place.

Any "so called" offensive genius or Chip Kelly type will require an overhaul of the entire team with different personnel and a 3 to 5 year rebuild. I don't think Emery is dumb enough to try that...
 5 years ago '06        #222
Honolulu Blue 33 heat pts33
space
space
$17,780 | Props total: 1757 1757
NFL coaches usually don't get a free 3-5 years to rebuild. They're expected to turn the ship completely in the right direction in 3 years, I'd say. Some coaches get a quick pass for a winning season, see: Jim Schwartz.

I like the stats but Washington/Dallas came down to the last game. Granted, Washington did light them up for over 200+ rush yards, and it did make the difference in the game, but it's one game and it really coulda gone either way.

I think the Bears have always been a great team, since I'm a fan of another team in the division I keep a close eye on them in the off-season and stuff. This was supposed to be the year. The defense played like it. Came down to one game for Lovie. Sucks, but that's how it is. I don't know if the Bears rebound right back into playoff contention with a new staff, especially if they go the way of someone like Chip Kelly. But they got the talent, as long as Briggs, Tillman, Urlacher and Peppers anchor that defense, a lot of things are possible.

Keep in mind this is coming from one of the only Lions fans who kept it real last off-season and gave yall props where it was due.

240 - 100 STRK: 4 w in a row WIN PCT: 70% 23 (0) 
  Career: | Aug 10: 187-102, Rank #58 | Aug 09: 15-2, Rank #103 | Aug 08: 6-0, Rank #345 *
 5 years ago '04        #223
biscuit 73 heat pts73
space
space
$21,299 | Props total: 7733 7733
 Comic Book Guy said:
NFL coaches usually don't get a free 3-5 years to rebuild. They're expected to turn the ship completely in the right direction in 3 years, I'd say. Some coaches get a quick pass for a winning season, see: Jim Schwartz.

I like the stats but Washington/Dallas came down to the last game. Granted, Washington did light them up for over 200+ rush yards, and it did make the difference in the game, but it's one game and it really coulda gone either way.

I think the Bears have always been a great team, since I'm a fan of another team in the division I keep a close eye on them in the off-season and stuff. This was supposed to be the year. The defense played like it. Came down to one game for Lovie. Sucks, but that's how it is. I don't know if the Bears rebound right back into playoff contention with a new staff, especially if they go the way of someone like Chip Kelly. But they got the talent, as long as Briggs, Tillman, Urlacher and Peppers anchor that defense, a lot of things are possible.

Keep in mind this is coming from one of the only Lions fans who kept it real last off-season and gave yall props where it was due.
I said it before bruh, I respect your opinion on here so it's all good

The difference of winning and losing in the NFL is so small most fans don't get it. Even having a running back who produces just a bit better than another guy makes a night and day difference. I mean, if Leshoure ran more often and you didn't let Joike Bell run as much (fumbles too much in my opinion) Stafford would be that much more successful because he wouldn't pass so much and your O wouldn't be so predictable

I think the Brian Kelly guy from Notre Dame has decent potential and his name is being thrown around. I like what I'm just starting to read about the Denver guy also.

Bears need to look to 3 things in this draft in this order IMO:

1. Pass catching and decent blocking TE
2. Oline mid draft (don't waste high picks on potential busts)
3. Linebacker to replace our aging guys.
 5 years ago '07        #224
st21 1376 heat pts1376
space
space
$58,813 | Props total: 53381 53381
 biscuit said:
Top 3 passing offenses in the NFL:

1. New Orleans
2. Detroit
3. Dallas

1. Washington
2. Minnesota
3. Seattle
4. San Fran

good stat

so much for the NFL becoming a pure passing league
 5 years ago '09        #225
gGgM35 10 heat pts10
space
space
$3,152 | Props total: 38 38
 biscuit said:

1. New Orleans
2. Detroit
3. Dallas

1. Washington
2. Minnesota
3. Seattle
4. San Fran

Chicago is 10th in rushing with a top 10 (or top 5 D). Basically my point was that a strong running offense and good defense will still get you into the playoffs with a chance to win. Our O didn't have the wrong idea, we just needed better execution and a reliable tight end.

Emery knows this.

The best thing he can do is hire a figurehead who wont change too much of what was going on. The D has to stay top 5. The O has to continue running the ball well or even better than it was. The Oline has to pass protect better and Cutler needs a TE and less dropped passes. The figurehead coach:

1. Finishes what Lovie started and improves on 10-6
2. Takes pressure off Emery from the media calling for Lovie's head
3. Inherits a top flight D with about a 2 year shelf life with 6 pro bowl caliber players so he has a good chance of winning a lot built-in.
4. Get's the benefit of drafting in a decent mid round position with the opportunity to draft an impact TE (which are usually available mid round) or Olineman to improve an already decent team with a lot of elements in place.

Any "so called" offensive genius or Chip Kelly type will require an overhaul of the entire team with different personnel and a 3 to 5 year rebuild. I don't think Emery is dumb enough to try that...
Yeah I completely agree with you with not wanting to be one of the flashy passing O's I never really bought into that hype I'd prefer for them to stay balanced on O and have a dual threat because the weapons are there I just think the guys that lovie hired just were in over their head (martz actually had them looking pretty good last year, he was just to stubborn and the team didn't have the personnel to execute what he wanted to do) but tice this year just had no clue at all what he wanted to do...cutler,forte & bennett and the rest of the O (excluding marshall) regressed under him won't make a mention of the te's the sh*tty play that came from that corps this year blew the fu*k outta me.

I hope he keeps toub & marinelli on the staff though the D and st isn't a problem and the team doesn't have the personnel to run a 3-4 D and truth be told it's a nice amount of young pieces on the D and they just need to re-vamp the Lb's and add a few pieces here and there.

I loved all of the things love preached on the D side of the ball and hope the next coach keeps the core of what was taught (turnovers,scoring off them, hustle to the ball etc) but the man just DID NOT know what the hell to do on the O side of the ball and wasn't gonna learn anytime soon...team just needed a new direction.
 5 years ago '04        #226
torious 69 heat pts69
space
space
$84,049 | Props total: 15508 15508
yall see / hear Ditka's reaction
 5 years ago '04        #227
torious 69 heat pts69
space
space
$84,049 | Props total: 15508 15508
 st21 said:
good stat

so much for the NFL becoming a pure passing league
 5 years ago '04        #228
ATLDOPEBOI30 74 heat pts74
space
space
$33,386 | Props total: 7030 7030

[pic - click to view]

Home      

most viewed right now
Forget these white girls, I need some variation, ESPECIALLY IF SHE'S VERY ASIAN
15 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Do All Compasses Point Towards the GARDEN OF EDEN?
59 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Only PAWG That Matters
284 comments
24 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Reboot your router
48 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside A$AP Rocky Outsells Pusha T w/ No Buzz In 1st Week Sales Prediction (..
113 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
May 25 - Trump declares US will ‘dominate the oceans,
24 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj disses Pusha on IG
266 comments
24 hours ago