Boxden hiphop sports wild'ish thots&dimes games movies news tech gear rides
trending now most viewers #top20 top yesterday all sections videos pics tracks headlines

iOS Officially Lost Its Manhood. RIP Forreal This Time. "Hackulous Shuts Down."

most watched this minute | see more
most viewed right now
525 viewing
Video inside Kanye West - Yeezyseason 3 (LIVE STREAM - MADISON SQUARE GARDEN - 4PM E..
1095 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
216 viewing
Injury Ronnie Coleman broke his back and can no longer walk
163 comments
@misc
most viewed right now
158 viewing
Image inside EXCLUSIVE: Kendrick & J Cole Collab Album is Being Mixed & Master Righ..
29 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
106 viewing
Image inside Gucci Mane before Rap :mjlol:
43 comments
@hiphop
people viewing this topic:   (0 members and 1 guests)
 


let em know Share this on TwitterShare this on Facebook
Props w/ the most Props:  0
Slaps w/ the most Slaps:  0
 iOS Officially Lost Its Manhood. RIP Forreal This Time. "Hackulous Shuts Down."
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #1
7239 pageviews
70 comments


Andrefrbk 978 heat pts978 space
avatar space
space
$20,980 | POWERFUL
What else can you do with iOS now? Damn... Anti piracy moment hitting ios.

[pic - click to view]


Hackulous, the company behind the popular (and controversial) app Installous which let people easily download pirated apps on jailbroken iOS devices, has shut down.

In what iDownloadBlog’s Sebastien Page has called “a small victory against app piracy,” Installous is now no longer available for use.

Hackulous announced the closure today in a brief post on its website that reads:

“We are very sad to announce that Hackulous is shutting down. After many years, our community has become stagnant and our forums are a bit of a ghost town. It has become difficult to keep them online and well-moderated, despite the devotion of our staff. We’re incredibly thankful for the support we’ve had over the years and hope that new, greater communities blossom out of our absence.

With lots of love,
Hackulous Team”

Fans of the Installous are mourning the loss on its Facebook page, and, not surprisingly, offering up links to other piracy apps that are still up and running.
Hackulous Shuts Down, Taking Its iOS Piracy App Installous With It | TechCrunch)

[video - click to view]


[video - click to view]


SO now that Hackulous is gone, how much longer will it be before cydia is sacked? image

[pic - click to view]

yall gon be maddddd,

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-31-2012 at 01:15 AM..
Reply With Quote

top in section
48 viewing
Image inside 50 Cent x ASAP Rocky x 2Chainz #YeezySeason3
10 comments
top in hiphop/24hrs
top in section
58 viewing
Video inside Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice - Official Final Trailer [HD]
193 comments
top in movies/24hrs

Old 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #2
bd2eazy 37 heat pts37 space
avatar space
space
$4,985 | 20735205
holy sh*t.


the fu*k imma do with this ipad now..
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #3
ruff 6 heat pts space
avatar space
space
$25,553 | POWERFUL
They'll have a work around
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #4
Andrefrbk 978 heat pts978 space
avatar space
space
$20,980 | POWERFUL
bd2eazy said:
holy sh*t.


the fu*k imma do with this ipad now..

[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]



ruff said:
They'll have a work around
a.ssuming they didnt destroy their source code.
Which if they were in some legal jam they probably did already. The next major iOS update probably wont see hacked apps for a min. A lot of the iOS hackers/modders have moved on, the glory of jailbreaking an iphone just isnt there anymore. Ask geoh0t. lol. n*gga hasnt fuked with iOS in like a year. Its a pointless journey, you spend months coding for apps, then a update is pushed you gotta recode. Apple drops these small updates that basically break apps. Its gay.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-31-2012 at 12:56 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #5
Andrefrbk 978 heat pts978 space
avatar space
space
$20,980 | POWERFUL
Jimmy Breaux said:
Is that real?
yeah its real...
and for sale.



Side note, hacking iOS is fuking gay as hell. Yall never wondered why it takes so long to get unlocks, and jailbreaks now. The community is dead as fuk, too many small patches that k!ll your progress before you even drop the fix.

I dont wanna say it, cause i got a ipad. But i think we are looking at the end of hacked apps on iOS. Cydia is kinda dead now, no one is making apps like they used to, and to have to recode appsync next update would take a long a.ss time.


[pic - click to view]


Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-31-2012 at 01:06 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '11 - away - #6
Jesszman 2205 heat pts2205 space
avatar space
space
$29,830 | POWERFUL

[pic - click to view]

Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #7
Manny05 1 heat pts space
avatar space
space
$17,402 | 20985697
Apple should be embracing them not k!lling them
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - on now - #8
Fresh Whyte|B 682 heat pts682 space
avatar space
space
$38,865 | POWERFUL
...n*ggas Still Getting Their Paid Apps For Free.
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '07 - away - #9
KeithHernandez 7 heat pts space
avatar space
space
$4,087 | POWERFUL
Andrefrbk said:
yeah its real...
and for sale.



Side note, hacking iOS is fuking gay as hell. Yall never wondered why it takes so long to get unlocks, and jailbreaks now. The community is dead as fuk, too many small patches that k!ll your progress before you even drop the fix.

I dont wanna say it, cause i got a ipad. But i think we are looking at the end of hacked apps on iOS. Cydia is kinda dead now, no one is making apps like they used to, and to have to recode appsync next update would take a long a.ss time.


[pic - click to view]

I stopped messing with jailbreaks on my iOS devices on 5.0.1 because it wasn't worth the hassle. The jailbreaks were less stable than before. White icons forcing reboots, etc.

Cydia fu*ked itself over, though, by doing the same thing it built its reputation on. It wanted to be open source, but that whole network needs to be refined and scaled bac. There's just too much stuff on there, and too much of that is pointless. And too many tweaks and modifications that conflict with one another and eventually force you to restore.

There are thing I miss like SBSettings and AnyAttach for email that let me get into my Dropbox. But I'm happier without the jailbreak headache. Otherwise, this is also a testament to the improvements in iOS that more people feel comfortable not jailbreaking. I use my GS3 to satisfy my tweaking itch, because Android needs to be adjusted more than an iPhone to actually be usable.

As for Installous, it was the truth when I had an iPhone 3GS. I stopped messing with it years ago because download services sucked, it would be too slow or crash altogether. It wasn't worth my time to DL from there, so I just bought things outright.
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #10
Andrefrbk 978 heat pts978 space
avatar space
space
$20,980 | POWERFUL
KeithHernandez said:
I stopped messing with jailbreaks on my iOS devices on 5.0.1 because it wasn't worth the hassle. The jailbreaks were less stable than before. White icons forcing reboots, etc.

Cydia fu*ked itself over, though, by doing the same thing it built its reputation on. It wanted to be open source, but that whole network needs to be refined and scaled bac. There's just too much stuff on there, and too much of that is pointless. And too many tweaks and modifications that conflict with one another and eventually force you to restore.

There are thing I miss like SBSettings and AnyAttach for email that let me get into my Dropbox. But I'm happier without the jailbreak headache. Otherwise, this is also a testament to the improvements in iOS that more people feel comfortable not jailbreaking. I use my GS3 to satisfy my tweaking itch, because Android needs to be adjusted more than an iPhone to actually be usable.

As for Installous, it was the truth when I had an iPhone 3GS. I stopped messing with it years ago because download services sucked, it would be too slow or crash altogether. It wasn't worth my time to DL from there, so I just bought things outright.
5.0+ k!lled the community, the small security updates would break your efforts. Soon iOS 6 will patch appsync, who will be there to recode?

Apple pushed coders away from the os, which is bad. Geoh0t the coder who invented jb gave up during 5.0, not encouraging.

Cant even get a untethered JB like you used to. No one wants to put hours in the make it happen, and get a patch in the morning.
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '06 - away - #11
Maddog345 3 heat pts space
avatar space
space
$7,692 | 20494761
Didn't expect this.

I tried getting on last night to update one of my apps and couldn't get on. Then today I read this.
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #12
NahLij 9 heat pts space
avatar space
space
$7,454 | POWERFUL
Though I'm no longer in the Apple side of things, this is a great loss. RIP Hackulous.
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #13
Andrefrbk 978 heat pts978 space
avatar space
space
$20,980 | POWERFUL
According to TorrentFreak, the explanation is a bit dubious; the site still had plenty of users and the forums were already a "ghost town" by their very nature. It could be the case that the lack of a jailbreak for iOS 6, and potentially all versions of iOS to follow, was leaving Hackulous with little to do. Whatever the case, Hackulous is no more, and that particular piracy corner of the jailbreak world is probably gone for good.

Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-31-2012 at 10:24 AM..
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #14
Scoop 9 heat pts space
avatar space
space
$3,008 | 11908421
appcake
vshare
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '10 - on now - #15
Hovi Bryant 420 heat pts420 space
avatar space
space
$24,859 | POWERFUL
I stopped messing with Cydia with the 3G.

Android just seemed to be a better alternative in that regards. Actually, a better operating system for that kind of stuff.

Even piracy is better on Android. So if you didn't jump ship already, you're poor as sh*t and don't need to own an expensive phone.
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #16
Andrefrbk 978 heat pts978 space
avatar space
space
$20,980 | POWERFUL
Scoop said:
appcake
vshare
Those apps have nothing to do with hackulous who MADE appsync allowing you to even use alternative apps. Which is why this is a massive loss.
Hackulous Appsync = engine
Those apps = the fuking doors on the car.

Anyone can make a DB and throw up some putlocker links.
But hacking each release for appsync takes work.

iOS hacking could come to an end. :(

The communities that make apps like cydia work are dried up. Its not one nicca in his basement, its a collaboration of coders with their source code. Imagine if your a coder and 2-3 of your n*ggas are like "yo im done coding for iOS, shiit is a waste of time..." obviously dudes are not gonna want to be the only dik head trying to pull mad weight coding by himself, for free, no recognition, and your efforts will probably be patched in a month or two.

Apple should allow more play with their OS, i dont think allowing pirates openingly is right. BUT allow coding communities to have fun, make their own apps, addons, attachments. Cause in a couple months if a patch comes, appsync is broken. If no community is there to fix it, what happens then?

You basically have a very boring iOS. You user base is going to be less technically inclined individuals, old people, and preteens who play these stupid baby games on the appstore.

2013 and iOS looks like

[pic - click to view]


Last edited by Andrefrbk; 12-31-2012 at 05:20 PM..
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #17
hustlehard365  space
avatar space
space
$2,973 | 8354417
Andrefrbk said:
Those apps have nothing to do with hackulous who MADE appsync allowing you to even use alternative apps. Which is why this is a massive loss.
Hackulous Appsync = engine
Those apps = the fuking doors on the car.

Anyone can make a DB and throw up some putlocker links.
But hacking each release for appsync takes work.

iOS hacking could come to an end. :(

The communities that make apps like cydia work are dried up. Its not one nicca in his basement, its a collaboration of coders with their source code. Imagine if your a coder and 2-3 of your n*ggas are like "yo im done coding for iOS, shiit is a waste of time..." obviously dudes are not gonna want to be the only dik head trying to pull mad weight coding by himself, for free, no recognition, and your efforts will probably be patched in a month or two.

Apple should allow more play with their OS, i dont think allowing pirates openingly is right. BUT allow coding communities to have fun, make their own apps, addons, attachments. Cause in a couple months if a patch comes, appsync is broken. If no community is there to fix it, what happens then?

You basically have a very boring iOS. You user base is going to be less technically inclined individuals, old people, and preteens who play these stupid baby games on the appstore.

2013 and iOS looks like

[pic - click to view]

thats what they wants that covers about 90% of the population there are alot of old people tons of preteens and tons of people who are no technologically inclined so to be honest thats not a bad base to have at all its a more stable more reliable crowd then the look what my phone can do and yours cant crowd that fed up with devices every 6months
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #18
Andrefrbk 978 heat pts978 space
avatar space
space
$20,980 | POWERFUL
hustlehard365 said:
thats what they wants that covers about 90% of the population there are alot of old people tons of preteens and tons of people who are no technologically inclined so to be honest thats not a bad base to have at all its a more stable more reliable crowd then the look what my phone can do and yours cant crowd that fed up with devices every 6months
Lol if thats what apple wants then they will be in the same coffin with RIM, right next to Palm, and Danger Sidekick OS.

Happy New year people... Old people and preteens being the main user of your device = no real innovation coming in from the tech community. Thats a shiity life to lifeee wit iOS.
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '04 - away - #19
EGO 55 heat pts55 space
avatar space
space
$30,334 | POWERFUL
Damn n*ggas gotta rely on hosted repos to get free apps? makes me appreciate Android even more.
Reply With Quote
Old 3 years agoclass of '05 - away - #20
Andrefrbk 978 heat pts978 space
avatar space
space
$20,980 | POWERFUL
e G o Maniac said:
Damn n*ggas gotta rely on hosted repos to get free apps? makes me appreciate Android even more.
yeah its sad man, you can sync apps but it does not always work. Guess n*ggas wont have to worry about that next update.

Hope BX users can band together and form a coding group to hack the next build.
Reply With Quote
 
Home > >
  
    
          join bx

 







most viewed right now
659 viewing
Article inside Nas On The Verge of Becoming a Billionaire???
273 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
48 viewing
Image inside Ginger spice rack
59 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
47 viewing
Video inside Nelly has officially hit rock bottom (and plummeted through the floor)
96 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
43 viewing
Image inside Yooooooooooooooo!!! LMAO!!
86 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
26 viewing
Image inside Carnival2016
95 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
25 viewing
Image inside The Idiot's Guide To Smarter Coffee Drinking
50 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
16 viewing
Video inside Kid tells his story about being raped by his 16 year old baby sitter wh..
165 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
14 viewing
Image inside Kanye West - The Life Of Pablo Final Tracklist
330 comments
22 hours ago
@hiphop
^
contact us   |   bx@twitter   |   bx@facebook   |   privacy   |   search   |   BX 1998-end of time