Hip-Hop Rumors: Is Chief Keef About To Get Dropped?

most viewed right now
NBA The Original Charlotte Hornets Logo
35 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Well Damn NEW VIDEO: (Preview/Snippet) Migos “Ice Tray” (Everyday Struggle)
94 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
102 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
110 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 907 907
 TheMindOf said:
As much as it hurts n*ggas to admit it. This was a studio album. And it cost a decent amount. And it flopped.
How much did you expect it to sell? His fans don't buy music.
 5 years ago '04        #42
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
space
$49,403 | Props total: 6433 6433
 hou12 said:
How much did you expect it to sell? His fans don't buy music.
then he should of stayed independent
 5 years ago '12        #43
hou12 
space
space
 justinjones said:
so hate being sober and love sosa isn't cross over type records?

ok
Hate Being Sober, maybe. But not Love Sosa. That's a street / hip hop record. The pop audience can't really handle it.
 5 years ago '12        #44
hou12 
space
space
 justinjones said:
Why would he do that when n*ggas were offering him money? If anyone loses here it's Interscope, but they aren't losing either.
 5 years ago '04        #45
space
space
 hou12 said:
Do you realize that Finally Rich is just a preliminary project? It was supposed to be a mixtape just a few months ago remember? It's kinda like when Curren$y dropped Weekend At Burnies on a major with little promotion then dropped Stoned Immaculate the next year with heavy promotion. Next year Keef will just rise into a bigger star, all it takes is another mixtape and more videos. Regardless of how you try to twist it 50k for Chief Keef is not bad, especially since a lot of the songs were already out. Who expected him to do over 100k? Who in his fan base did you think was gonna actually buy his album?

Curren$y & KRIT are still signed. They're both on majors, and they both sold less than Keef first week this year. They've both been buzzing for years, Keef didn't have a buzz until this year. Even if he does get dropped, he'll just get signed by somebody else, and then you'll have another Wale situation. Interscope doesn't want that.
this is how interscope does it

mixtape before he got signed

[pic - click to view]

ep testing the waters after he got signed. mostly because they didn't know what to do with him

[pic - click to view]

they would of just re-released back from the dead with a few new songs. they put 1 old song and a remix up there. all them other songs you might start naming that are "old" weren't officially released on anything. it was just keef dropping tracks every week. which i still don't know why the hell he would do that
 5 years ago '04        #46
space
space
 hou12 said:
Why would he do that when n*ggas were offering him money? If anyone loses here it's Interscope, but they aren't losing either.
he gotta pay some of that back with his advance for the album and if y'all said is true he don't have as much "freedom" as he would an independent. they not gonna give him a label, a line of headphones and a movie thing without him being 360. unless its all just vanity stuff. they getting a piece of everything including his show money.

since y'all saying interscope did zero promo then he could of made more money selling it independent
 5 years ago '04        #47
polorsport2345 8 heat pts
space
space
space
$8,165 | Props total: 1616 1616
 dejordan said:
yes because rap fans have bought any music in the past 8 years

future did 40k and is still more popular than keef. nobody who posts on this forum buys rap music, why the fck do any of you care what these numbers are? are we really gonna act like there aren't multiple keef threads on the main page of this forum every day for the past 8 months?
Kendrick sold 256k, Meek sold 190k, so did TI, I know Wiz did over 100k as well as Game. Whats ur point? being garbage don't sell units just gets u popular with teenagers like that means sh*t, & Futures is such a horrible example. dudes horrible as well
 5 years ago '10        #48
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 justinjones said:

Exactly. That major life will bring more money, but only if you can create the sales necessary to create that money..

Otherwise its a debt trap..

There's independent artist like Mac Miller, Childish Gambino, Dom Kennedy and Danny Brown who gon make way more money than him because in their current situation 50k is like 300k.

sh*t even Fat Joe and Styles P on indies now

The thing is that to be on an Indie you have to be kind of smart. You have to understand your product and have some sort of independent business sense.

Keef has proven to be an immature imbecile, so even that may not work for him..
 5 years ago '12        #49
hou12 
space
space
What I mean is, n*ggas act like his career is over now, because he sold 50k first week on a major. My point is, they're not gonna drop him because he's probably on a 360 like you said. This is why Interscope is not hurt by his sales. Regardless of sales, he's still popular, and that's where the 360 helps Interscope. It doesn't really hurt Keef, because he can't miss money he never had. The flip side of it is, even if he did get dropped, it wouldn't be bad for Keef because he would be offered a new deal in a heartbeat.
 5 years ago '11        #50
Ralph Nautica 70 heat pts70
space
space
$10,579 | Props total: 6483 6483
They should have stuck to the plan and released Finally Rich as a mixtape and then pushed/promoted his album in 2013.

He's only 17 at the end of the day. Interscope will be better prepared the second time around.
 5 years ago '12        #51
hou12 
space
space
 Ralph Nautica said:
They should have stuck to the plan and released Finally Rich as a mixtape and then pushed/promoted his album in 2013.

He's only 17 at the end of the day. Interscope will be better prepared the second time around.
 12-30-2012, 07:53 PM         #52
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 hou12 said:
This is what most n*ggas fail to realize. Chief Keef makes trap/drill music. Only. He doesn't do any crossover songs, because the songs that could crossover still have his same subject matter. He doesn't make songs for women. He doesn't make songs for f*ggots. He doesn't make songs for old n*ggas. How would he be expected to have crossover sales? The majority of his fans never buy any music at all. So who was going to buy his album?

And don't say "Kendrick Lamar stayed true to rap and sold". Kendrick had crossover appeal, and he crossed over. I didn't say he sold out, but he crossed over.
he doesn't make songs for f*ggots? how you explain this video

[video - click to view]

you tell me what you classify a dude who all his videos consist of 50 half nekkid dudes in a tiny a.ss room all over each other
 5 years ago '04        #53
Mista Mizatti 5 heat pts
space
space
$10,458 | Props total: 868 868
Keef defenders are HILARIOUS. I don't even care about Keef, watching them try to "explain" things though is enough to keep me entertained. They say numbers don't matter but then bring up numbers when they're in his favor.

I Don't Like is suppose to be such a MONSTER hit but it only hit 73 on the Hot 100
Krispy (never even heard of this song) hit 66
Swag Surfin hit 62
Stanky Legg hit 49
Oh I Think They Like Me hit 15
Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It hit 7
Party Like A Rockstar hit fu*kin number 2
Laffy Taffy hit number 1

Please tell me the last time you've heard ANYBODY talk about the people that made these songs? But its okay because even white girls are making videos of his songs so obviously he is big but......his album didn't sell because his fans don't buy albums.....

Which one is it

numbers do matter or they don't matter
He has fans of all kinds or all his fans are from the streets

Yall sound kinda confused, might want to get that together people.
 5 years ago '11        #54
BtMkRs 12 heat pts12
space
space
$7,747 | Props total: 4944 4944
all those soundclick beats ...... interscope already in the profit .

They'll keep him signed just in case he gets k!lled.

That way they can collect insurance PLUS make money off the Posthumous album

ask Diddy . Ask Suge . they both profited like that
 5 years ago '04        #55
walterroan 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 79 79
all of the features come out of the 5 million he "got" when he signed. they were probably around 100k a piece .

in reality he got a loan from the label that he has to pay back. album sales usually cover that amount. however, he's not selling.

so now he has to pay the label with his guaranteed money . this is actually pretty common. everybody knows the artist makes the majority of they're money touring .

the fact that they canceled his tour is a bad sign. the label is fu*king with him either as a warning or, like 50 said, they are considering dropping him.

music biz 101
 5 years ago '04        #56
walterroan 1 heat pts
space
space
$1,294 | Props total: 79 79
also the labels buy those billboard top 20 spots 9/10 times.
 5 years ago '04        #57
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
he should have stayed independent and followed gucci's model
 5 years ago '12        #58
hou12 
space
space
 One Gud Cide said:
he doesn't make songs for f*ggots? how you explain this video
I said songs. The actual song is not for f*ggots, even if the video is. I don't co-sign that video. And I didn't mean gay when I said he doesn't make songs for f*ggots.

Last edited by hou12; 12-30-2012 at 09:29 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #59
GLOCKN SKIMASK 86 heat pts86
space
space
$6,504 | Props total: 991 991
actually i believe he want to be drop it will be another ready to pick him up keef a mainstream hit away from being a superstar 50 k sold more than everyone in his lane skip his video shoot but still pull in 50 k 2013 he will go hard in the mixtape game by the end of 2013 he should be cooking up his real album he not going anywhere though
 5 years ago '10        #60
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Mista Mizatti said:
Keef defenders are HILARIOUS. I don't even care about Keef, watching them try to "explain" things though is enough to keep me entertained. They say numbers don't matter but then bring up numbers when they're in his favor.

I Don't Like is suppose to be such a MONSTER hit but it only hit 73 on the Hot 100
Krispy (never even heard of this song) hit 66
Swag Surfin hit 62
Stanky Legg hit 49
Oh I Think They Like Me hit 15
Lean Wit It, Rock Wit It hit 7
Party Like A Rockstar hit fu*kin number 2
Laffy Taffy hit number 1

Please tell me the last time you've heard ANYBODY talk about the people that made these songs? But its okay because even white girls are making videos of his songs so obviously he is big but......his album didn't sell because his fans don't buy albums.....

Which one is it

numbers do matter or they don't matter
He has fans of all kinds or all his fans are from the streets

Yall sound kinda confused, might want to get that together people.

[pic - click to view]

GLOCKN SKIMASK said:
actually i believe he want to be drop it will be another ready to pick him up keef a mainstream hit away from being a superstar 50 k sold more than everyone in his lane skip his video shoot but still pull in 50 k 2013 he will go hard in the mixtape game by the end of 2013 he should be cooking up his real album he not going anywhere though

Wait.. Wait..

2 Weeks ago he was gonna sell millions because of his youtube views

Then his sh*t flopped and sold 50k and it was because his fans don't buy music, but he was gonna be okay because "Love Sosa" was gonna pick up and become a mainstream hit and he wasn't gonna get dropped.

Now you're sure that he's sabotaging his own career on purpose because he "wants" to be dropped, because he'll be more successful after he gets dropped

So which one is it?

Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
62 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
27 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
285 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Let’s keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
52 comments
23 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
80 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
127 comments
23 hours ago