Hip-Hop Rumors: Is Chief Keef About To Get Dropped?

most viewed right now
 171
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
40 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 79
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
145 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 61
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
158 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 58
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
93 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #21
Big Bear 20 heat pts20
space
avatar space
space
$32,959 | Props total: 13581 13581
 Young Hov said:
who comes up with these rumors becuz they're fukkin idiots
50 cent
 5 years ago '10        #22
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 NoLastName said:
his career just started... he has good momentum goin into 2013... he's already shown he can put together hits which is all you need to make it now a days

[pic - click to view]



n*gga. What planet do you live on?

How is your album flopping and your label being tired of the headaches you bringing their way considered "good momentum"?



 dejordan said:
yes because rap fans have bought any music in the past 8 years



future did 40k and is still more popular than keef. nobody who posts on this forum buys rap music, why the fck do any of you care what these numbers are? are we really gonna act like there aren't multiple keef threads on the main page of this forum every day for the past 8 months?
Im sorry but you are just a moron.


[pic - click to view]




Your optimism is amusing tho. I can't knock it.


Last edited by TheMindOf; 12-30-2012 at 05:50 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #23
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Just how like everyone swore up and down that Drake was leaving Young Money

Keef isn't leaving Interscope clowns

He's gonna run sh*t there in a few years

50 just being salty because Keef skipped the shoot and this was supposed to be 50's route back to relevance since none of his 20 singles are doing sh*t in the streets

Album sales dont mean jack sh*t. $$$ is in singles and touring, and Keef will go on tour eventually and make more $$$.

Yea, hes not gonna "leave".. He's going to be escorted out if those sales don't pick up drastically in the next few weeks..
 5 years ago '04        #24
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
avatar space
space
$10,387 | Props total: 28 28
his album is SOLID but he gotta get more grind minded meaning focused on Rap....
 12-30-2012, 05:45 PM         #25
One Gud Cide 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ChiCity Fingaz said:
Album sales dont mean jack sh*t. $$$ is in singles and touring, and Keef will go on tour eventually and make more $$$.
you mean like that flopped single, the nonexistent one, and then the cancelled tour
 5 years ago '11        #26
dejordan 
space
avatar space
space
$2,539 | Props total: 288 288
 One Gud Cide said:
you mean like that flopped single, the nonexistent one, and then the cancelled tour

his only two singles released which both reached the top 100 are considered flops?

i don't understand this sh*t at all. so lame and forced. if you don't like keef that's fine, but stop acting like he hasn't been successful and won't continue to be successful.
 5 years ago '10        #27
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 dejordan said:
his only two singles released which both reached the top 100 are considered flops?

i don't understand this sh*t at all. so lame and forced. if you don't like keef that's fine, but stop acting like he hasn't been successful and won't continue to be successful.
n*gga. Do you know how the Billboard top 100 works?

90% of the songs that you've ever heard in your life have charted in some way.

There's PLENTY of artist who have been dropped who have had songs chart.

And also. You act like he got hits on the chart. Dude has never even seen the top half of the chart. I don't even think he's ever had anything go above #70

Those are FAR from hits.


And apparently his chart numbers aren't equating to anybody buying his Album, Singles, or Concert tickets..

So what is the point you're making here?
 12-30-2012, 06:08 PM         #28
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:

[pic - click to view]



n*gga. What planet do you live on?

How is your album flopping and your label being tired of the headaches you bringing their way considered "good momentum"?





Im sorry but you are just a moron.


[pic - click to view]




Your optimism is amusing tho. I can't knock it.
care to present any counterpoints rather than just present reaction images?
 12-30-2012, 06:09 PM         #29
Nasty Neighbor 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 One Gud Cide said:
you mean like that flopped single, the nonexistent one, and then the cancelled tour
what flopped single
 5 years ago '11        #30
dejordan 
space
avatar space
space
$2,539 | Props total: 288 288
 TheMindOf said:
n*gga. Do you know how the Billboard top 100 works?

90% of the songs that you've ever heard in your life have charted in some way.

There's PLENTY of artist who have been dropped who have had songs chart.

And also. You act like he got hits on the chart. Dude has never even seen the top half of the chart. I don't even think he's ever had anything go above #70

Those are FAR from hits.


And apparently his chart numbers aren't equating to anybody buying his Album, Singles, or Concert tickets..

So what is the point you're making here?
jesus you are trying so damn hard. this is embarrassing to read.
 5 years ago '10        #31
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 dejordan said:
jesus you are trying so damn hard. this is embarrassing to read.
Translation: I have no counterpoints
 5 years ago '11        #32
dejordan 
space
avatar space
space
$2,539 | Props total: 288 288
 TheMindOf said:
Translation: I have no counterpoints

there is nothing to say. you've come up with this idea that a song that charts isn't a hit. when a song charting is the only way to measure if it is or isn't a hit. when you're that determined how is anyone gonna convince you otherwise?
 5 years ago '10        #33
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 NoLastName said:
I don't like isn't a hit it just got little ol kanye and good music to hop on the remix

Fredo in the cut just mysteriously became an internet meme

love sosa isnt a hit either the people at grand theft auto just put a playlist on shuffle and love sosa just happened to pop up '

love sosa's not a hit i wonder why white girls are doin acoustic covers for no reason

Maybe he should have included the Kanye version on the album then.

Cuz honestly. Thats the version that the general album buying public cared about.

No average person (who's not a GBE fan) wanna pay to hear Keef and Reese struggle bars on the original.

For the majority of the year, the casual hip hop consumer thought it was Kanye's song anyway. Thats why nobody gives a fu*k about the OG version.

Thats why NOBODY is buying Keef's album for it. And they aint buying the single either.


And an internet MEME.. That's how you judge success?

Right up there with "Scumbag Steve" huh?

Please n*gga



That video of that white girl still aint help "Love Sosa" move no units. sh*t was a gimmick.. sooooo.. Your point is?

Have you not learned your lesson? That viral video views don't equal sales.
 5 years ago '12        #34
hou12 
space
avatar space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
Do you realize that Finally Rich is just a preliminary project? It was supposed to be a mixtape just a few months ago remember? It's kinda like when Curren$y dropped Weekend At Burnies on a major with little promotion then dropped Stoned Immaculate the next year with heavy promotion. Next year Keef will just rise into a bigger star, all it takes is another mixtape and more videos. Regardless of how you try to twist it 50k for Chief Keef is not bad, especially since a lot of the songs were already out. Who expected him to do over 100k? Who in his fan base did you think was gonna actually buy his album?

Curren$y & KRIT are still signed. They're both on majors, and they both sold less than Keef first week this year. They've both been buzzing for years, Keef didn't have a buzz until this year. Even if he does get dropped, he'll just get signed by somebody else, and then you'll have another Wale situation. Interscope doesn't want that.
 5 years ago '11        #35
dejordan 
space
avatar space
space
$2,539 | Props total: 288 288
 TheMindOf said:
Have you not learned your lesson? That viral video views don't equal sales.

it does equal success and popularity though. asap rocky got a 3 million dollar deal off two viral videos that did nowhere near keef's numbers and a 15 track mixtape. nobody who stays true to rap and doesn't crossover is ever going to sell in 2012 in 2013 in 2014.
 5 years ago '12        #36
Boo The Fool 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$16,392 | Props total: 5652 5652
 dejordan said:
it does equal success and popularity though. asap rocky got a 3 million dollar deal off two viral videos that did nowhere near keef's numbers and a 15 track mixtape. nobody who stays true to rap and doesn't crossover is ever going to sell in 2012 in 2013 in 2014.
so you basically proved his point that it doesn't equal sales going completely off topic
 5 years ago '10        #37
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 hou12 said:
Do you realize that Finally Rich is just a preliminary project? It was supposed to be a mixtape just a few months ago remember? It's kinda like when Curren$y dropped Weekend At Burnies on a major with little promotion then dropped Stoned Immaculate the next year with heavy promotion. Next year Keef will just rise into a bigger star, all it takes is another mixtape and more videos. Regardless of how you try to twist it 50k for Chief Keef is not bad, especially since a lot of the songs were already out. Who expected him to do over 100k? Who in his fan base did you think was gonna actually buy his album?

Curren$y & KRIT are still signed. They're both on majors, and they both sold less than Keef first week this year. They've both been buzzing for years, Keef didn't have a buzz until this year. Even if he does get dropped, he'll just get signed by somebody else, and then you'll have another Wale situation. Interscope doesn't want that.
The reason they rushed out Keef album is because they saw what happened to Sony with Kreayshawn.

Sony tried to give her a year to develop, but all it did was make her most popular song older and cause a sales disaster. It was a very similar situation, seeing as they were both signed off of a viral presence (Kreayshawns even being bigger than Keefs).
That definitely influenced the decision.

And Look at "A Weekend at Bernies". Look at the track listing. Tell me how many big name features the label paid for on that album. NONE. and the production was all in-house.

Thats why they had no problem putting it out. There was really nothing to be lost on it.

Now look at Finally Rich.. The label paid for features from

- 50 Cent
- Wiz Khalifa
- Rick Ross
- Soulja boy (even tho his verse aint get used)
- French Montana
- Young Jeezy


As much as it hurts n*ggas to admit it. This was a studio album. And it cost a decent amount. And it flopped.
 5 years ago '12        #38
hou12 
space
avatar space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
 dejordan said:
nobody who stays true to rap and doesn't crossover is ever going to sell in 2012 in 2013 in 2014.
This is what most n*ggas fail to realize. Chief Keef makes trap/drill music. Only. He doesn't do any crossover songs, because the songs that could crossover still have his same subject matter. He doesn't make songs for women. He doesn't make songs for f*ggots. He doesn't make songs for old n*ggas. How would he be expected to have crossover sales? The majority of his fans never buy any music at all. So who was going to buy his album?

And don't say "Kendrick Lamar stayed true to rap and sold". Kendrick had crossover appeal, and he crossed over. I didn't say he sold out, but he crossed over.
 5 years ago '10        #39
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
avatar space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 NoLastName said:
you sound like a wanna be record exec....

sales this sales that...

fact of the matter is 2012 was Keef's year

He was without a doubt ROTY

you puttin sales under a microscope while ignoring other components of success

you not looking at the total picture as you're just focusing on one detail of that picture

at this point I think you're just trollin
Not a wannabe record exec. BUT I am familiar with all of this and how it works.

When I was in college a good friend of mine was interning at Warner Music Group out in New York (he interned at Asylum first also) and now works for BET..

Whenever he comes back to town (Christmas, Thanksgiving, Summer etc) we talk about all this kind of stuff, and how it works.

So no. Im not over here talking out my a.ss, like 90% of n*ggas on this site.
 5 years ago '04        #40
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,433 | Props total: 6489 6489
so hate being sober and love sosa isn't cross over type records?



ok
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 38
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 36
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 28
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 17
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
106 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 10
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
61 comments
2 days ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 9
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
26 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
152 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 8
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
114 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy