django unchained:a interesting review

most viewed right now
 109
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
68 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 65
Akademiks: If you see EDS next year it won't be with me and Joe unless we get ..
60 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 61
Image(s) inside Fan Draws life like Picture Of Joe Budden
53 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 53
NBA 5 Players Who Were Lebron Before Lebron
52 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '09        #21
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
avatar space
space
$18,485 | Props total: 11369 11369
sounds like he is just looking for somethin to hate on in the movie, i honestly feel like he doesn't like the movie, he's just sayin he does to make his opinion not seem biased at all

now i have studied in psychology and that trick is very well in common use throughout this entire review

"i think the movie is great" then proceeds to look deep into every situation to discredit it

come on now, i've seen that act before plenty of times
 5 years ago '12        #22
dman 4901 38 heat pts38 OP
space
avatar space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 UrbanEnterprise said:
sounds like he is just looking for somethin to hate on in the movie, i honestly feel like he doesn't like the movie, he's just sayin he does to make his opinion not seem biased at all

now i have studied in psychology and that trick is very well in common use throughout this entire review

"i think the movie is great" then proceeds to look deep into every situation to discredit it

come on now, i've seen that act before plenty of times
you studied psychology cool

so can you pick apart anything he said that pertains to the movie

like the subcon. stuff
 5 years ago '08        #23
561king 92 heat pts92
space
avatar space
space
$630 | Props total: 291 291
 5 years ago '09        #24
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
avatar space
space
$18,485 | Props total: 11369 11369
 dman 4901 said:
you studied psychology cool

so can you pick apart anything he said that pertains to the movie

like the subcon. stuff
well i haven't watched the movie yet

notice i haven't gave my thoughts of the film yet becuz unlike some people, i won't comment on it until i have actually watched it

i've noticed you have made alot of comments about this film discrediting it but you have yet to watch it yourself

its almost as if you let others do the thinking for you hence why you so curious to watch it now since this guy made a review about it

maybe you shouldn't watch it since your biased opinion will automatically make you not like the movie, almost as if you're forcing yourself to dislike it

then you will be forced to say you like it just so your opinion won't seem so biased

see the similarity
 5 years ago '06        #25
Stupid Fresh 183 heat pts183
space
avatar space
space
$24,238 | Props total: 5042 5042
i knew it was going to be this review
 5 years ago '05        #26
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
i hope this guy did some stretching before recording this review cuz he did a lot of reaching.

he really harped on the k!lling of powerful whites thing throughout the whole review. really the only powerful white in the whole movie was dicaprio's character. he mentioned the sheriff in that 1 town as a person of power, but really that character turned out to be a criminal. i feel like if foxx's character would have k!lled the sheriff this guy wouldve said "they made the sheriff turn out to be a wanted criminal to lessen the significance of django k!lling a powerful white."

as far as the violence being comedic and cartoonish to make white people comfortable, thats just stupid. i guess the over the top violence in the k!ll bill films was done in a cartoonish way to not offend asians.

also the scene with the skull i thought was there just to show how stupid and uneducated most people (even rich or powerful) were back then. dicaprio's character was shown to be an idiot on multiple occasions before and after that scene (wanted to be called monsieur but didnt speak french, didnt know Alexandre Dumas was black, etc..)

i think theres a lot of people who have different things that theyre interested in and they can go into almost anything and pick out things relevant to their interests. this guy obviously deals with race and movies, so he looked into sh*t way too much while seeing this movie. he had his blinders on to see what he wanted to see instead of what was necessarily there sometimes.
 5 years ago '12        #27
dman 4901 38 heat pts38 OP
space
avatar space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 UrbanEnterprise said:
well i haven't watched the movie yet

notice i haven't gave my thoughts of the film yet becuz unlike some people, i won't comment on it until i have actually watched it

i've noticed you have made alot of comments about this film discrediting it but you have yet to watch it yourself

its almost as if you let others do the thinking for you hence why you so curious to watch it now since this guy made a review about it

maybe you shouldn't watch it since your biased opinion will automatically make you not like the movie, almost as if you're forcing yourself to dislike it

then you will be forced to say you like it just so your opinion won't seem so biased

see the similarity


A little back story when i saw the trailer months ago i hated the concept of a movie about a slave being free an saved by some white guy an all the other stuff that came along with it.See i dont care who the director is as long as its a good movie ill give it a shot but the concept is something ill take into account.example i watch this movie called branded awhile back an loved it because it was a great concept for a movie especiallly given the times we live in now it was interesting.

how does one let someone else think for him?things change peoples minds all the time.
i thought it was a good review of the movie that made me want to check it out for my own personal reasons, its not like im giving my money to torintino anyway

i like what i like an theres sh*t i dont like to.I try to keep it respectful an 100 an if i disagree then so be it but i try to not disrespect anybody but also keep it 100 an true to myself.

never called toritino a racist,never called the black actors uncle toms.
i will say i dont agree with this movie an its concept but ill give it a try after a great breakdown from this dude.

im not one to think like everyone else
-HATED DARK KNIGHT RISES
-NOT A REAL TYLER PERRY FAN
-I BASH RAP MUSIC AN HIP HOP

i argue alot cause i dont always go with status quo so i know i dont let people think for me.
but im always open minded about things an willing to listen an think about what there saying if respectfully presented

you still havent debunked anything he said in the review

im kinda waiting on that......
 5 years ago '12        #28
dman 4901 38 heat pts38 OP
space
avatar space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 Cee4our said:
i hope this guy did some stretching before recording this review cuz he did a lot of reaching.

he really harped on the k!lling of powerful whites thing throughout the whole review. really the only powerful white in the whole movie was dicaprio's character. he mentioned the sheriff in that 1 town as a person of power, but really that character turned out to be a criminal. i feel like if foxx's character would have k!lled the sheriff this guy wouldve said "they made the sheriff turn out to be a wanted criminal to lessen the significance of django k!lling a powerful white."

as far as the violence being comedic and cartoonish to make white people comfortable, thats just stupid. i guess the over the top violence in the k!ll bill films was done in a cartoonish way to not offend asians.

also the scene with the skull i thought was there just to show how stupid and uneducated most people (even rich or powerful) were back then. dicaprio's character was shown to be an idiot on multiple occasions before and after that scene (wanted to be called monsieur but didnt speak french, didnt know Alexandre Dumas was black, etc..)

i think theres a lot of people who have different things that theyre interested in and they can go into almost anything and pick out things relevant to their interests. this guy obviously deals with race and movies, so he looked into sh*t way too much while seeing this movie. he had his blinders on to see what he wanted to see instead of what was necessarily there sometimes.
why do people say so an so is digging to deep in to something.i used to be like that until i came to the conclusion that everything aint what it seems an the power of images an things your looking at.Man life is so deep its crazy, people underestimate the power of images an sound an how it works with the mind. i learn something new every day but respect to you an thanks for the comment to peace.


Last edited by dman 4901; 12-29-2012 at 12:48 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #29
Cee4our 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$3,824 | Props total: 57 57
 dman 4901 said:
why do people say so an so is digging to deep in to something.i used to be like that until i came to the conclusion that everything aint what it seems an the power of images an things your looking at.Man life is so deep its crazy, people underestimate the power of images an sound an how it works with the mind. i learn something new every day but respect to you an thanks for the comment to peace.
i dont dig deep into things because its not worth the time for the most part. anything and everything can be deconstructed and twisted to prove almost any point if you try hard enough. u see that with the bible, films, music, etc... we could both watch the same movie and depending on what predisposition either of us had could point out things to prove either of our points.

i try to take my entertainment at face value for the most part. sadly many people look to movies or music for political, racial, or religious points of view. if you want to learn something from a movie, watch a documentary, not an action movie. Slavery By Another Name had more things in it that made me cringe than anything in a fictional tarantino movie.

**link to Slavery By Another Name if anyones interested**
 5 years ago '12        #30
dman 4901 38 heat pts38 OP
space
avatar space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 Cee4our said:
i dont dig deep into things because its not worth the time for the most part. anything and everything can be deconstructed and twisted to prove almost any point if you try hard enough. u see that with the bible, films, music, etc... we could both watch the same movie and depending on what predisposition either of us had could point out things to prove either of our points.

i try to take my entertainment at face value for the most part. sadly many people look to movies or music for political, racial, or religious points of view. if you want to learn something from a movie, watch a documentary, not an action movie. Slavery By Another Name had more things in it that made me cringe than anything in a fictional tarantino movie.

**link to Slavery By Another Name if anyones interested**
i can agree with alot you said an thanks for the link i fu*king love real doc about real people

but i will say it doesnt hurt to pay attention to the sh*t thats out there an dig into it cause everything aint dismissive but great post i can dig it
 5 years ago '05        #31
GoDzSoN35 
space
avatar space
space
$1,937 | Props total: 0 0
Dude basically said a lot of the things I was thinking. Kinda shed a little more light on it tho. I appreciate the post
 5 years ago '06        #32
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
avatar space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
 dman 4901 said:
i can agree with alot you said an thanks for the link i fu*king love real doc about real people

but i will say it doesnt hurt to pay attention to the sh*t thats out there an dig into it cause everything aint dismissive but great post i can dig it
TS, check out the article I posted in another thread:

I think you'll appreciate it. It basically paints Tarantino, and the movie, in a different light than the video you posted. The article is written by a (professional) writer and critic.
 5 years ago '08        #33
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
avatar space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 19 19
some dudes in this thread are commenting without even watching the video. what fu*king sense does that make?
 5 years ago '12        #34
dman 4901 38 heat pts38 OP
space
avatar space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 GoDzSoN35 said:
Dude basically said a lot of the things I was thinking. Kinda shed a little more light on it tho. I appreciate the post
thats what i like about the video he shed light on some deep sh*t that a normal person wouldnt even notice its a good video thanks for the comment
 5 years ago '12        #35
dman 4901 38 heat pts38 OP
space
avatar space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 Cee4our said:
i dont dig deep into things because its not worth the time for the most part. anything and everything can be deconstructed and twisted to prove almost any point if you try hard enough. u see that with the bible, films, music, etc... we could both watch the same movie and depending on what predisposition either of us had could point out things to prove either of our points.

i try to take my entertainment at face value for the most part. sadly many people look to movies or music for political, racial, or religious points of view. if you want to learn something from a movie, watch a documentary, not an action movie. Slavery By Another Name had more things in it that made me cringe than anything in a fictional tarantino movie.

**link to Slavery By Another Name if anyones interested**
the link you gave me didnt work but i found a youtube link


[video - click to view]


im watching now


the south
 12-29-2012, 03:23 AM         #36
Got Cheeve? 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cee4our said:
i dont dig deep into things because its not worth the time for the most part. anything and everything can be deconstructed and twisted to prove almost any point if you try hard enough. u see that with the bible, films, music, etc... we could both watch the same movie and depending on what predisposition either of us had could point out things to prove either of our points.

i try to take my entertainment at face value for the most part. sadly many people look to movies or music for political, racial, or religious points of view. if you want to learn something from a movie, watch a documentary, not an action movie. Slavery By Another Name had more things in it that made me cringe than anything in a fictional tarantino movie.

**link to Slavery By Another Name if anyones interested**


This is what lawyers do. In a case, someone could clearly be guilty, but you can use certain information or lack of information and twist it into a way that "proves your point." It's the whole debate/battle aspect. Anything can be turned into anything, it just depends on the person trying to convince you. I'm actually skilled at this myself, and too many people have told me to go into Law but I'm not with that sh*t, because those are lives you're messing with (and if you do defendants, how would you feel getting a k!ller off on a technicality, etc.)

I much prefer to play devils advocate on issues which are looked at in the mob mentality. When I see an almost unanimous reaction by a group about something, that is done without thought, on pure emotion, I love to bring up the facts, all the sides, and twist perception. Because nothing is black and white. I like to paint a little grey into people's minds at times.

In terms of the video, it's definitely interesting, and some of his theories had some merit, but there were also a lot of big reaches. Especially the parts about Jaime k!lling whites but it was in a comedic way. Every single Tarantino movie ever has death in a comedic way. White on white people mostly. This isn't some new thing he pulled out because he was doing a movie with black on white death. He just loves that ridiculous over the top violence. I did agree with his stance on Bill Mauer though. That Superhead sh*t was ridiculous. I can't stand Mauer personally, mostly because he's not one of those people who actively listen. He's more of a, "here's my opinion, either agree with me, or I'm going to disrespect you endlessly" type. When he mentioned the "inside" info on how white people want to seem cool to other white people by being able to say the n-word in front of black people or to say, "oh, I'm cool with black people" being the ultimate coolness you can achieve to other white people is complete bullsh*t too How would he even know first off? He's not white. Just how a white person wouldn't know the inner workings of most black people's minds. But more than that, that's simply not the coolest thing you can achieve to other white people. That's popular amongst certain sub groups of white people, but he's completely generalizing white people with that theory.

It was an interesting video though, I mean, he's just human, he can't be right or dead on with everything.

As far as I felt about the movie, it was decent. Tarantino keeps getting worse tho in my opinion, but that's expected. Most film makers do as they age.


Last edited by Got Cheeve?; 12-29-2012 at 03:25 AM..
 5 years ago '12        #37
dman 4901 38 heat pts38 OP
space
avatar space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 Got Cheeve? said:


This is what lawyers do. In a case, someone could clearly be guilty, but you can use certain information or lack of information and twist it into a way that "proves your point." It's the whole debate/battle aspect. Anything can be turned into anything, it just depends on the person trying to convince you. I'm actually skilled at this myself, and too many people have told me to go into Law but I'm not with that sh*t, because those are lives you're messing with (and if you do defendants, how would you feel getting a k!ller off on a technicality, etc.)

I much prefer to play devils advocate on issues which are looked at in the mob mentality. When I see an almost unanimous reaction by a group about something, that is done without thought, on pure emotion, I love to bring up the facts, all the sides, and twist perception. Because nothing is black and white. I like to paint a little grey into people's minds at times.

In terms of the video, it's definitely interesting, and some of his theories had some merit, but there were also a lot of big reaches. Especially the parts about Jaime k!lling whites but it was in a comedic way. Every single Tarantino movie ever has death in a comedic way. White on white people mostly. This isn't some new thing he pulled out because he was doing a movie with black on white death. He just loves that ridiculous over the top violence. I did agree with his stance on Bill Mauer though. That Superhead sh*t was ridiculous. I can't stand Mauer personally, mostly because he's not one of those people who actively listen. He's more of a, "here's my opinion, either agree with me, or I'm going to disrespect you endlessly" type. When he mentioned the "inside" info on how white people want to seem cool to other white people by being able to say the n-word in front of black people or to say, "oh, I'm cool with black people" being the ultimate coolness you can achieve to other white people is complete bullsh*t too How would he even know first off? He's not white. Just how a white person wouldn't know the inner workings of most black people's minds. But more than that, that's simply not the coolest thing you can achieve to other white people. That's popular amongst certain sub groups of white people, but he's completely generalizing white people with that theory.

It was an interesting video though, I mean, he's just human, he can't be right or dead on with everything.

As far as I felt about the movie, it was decent. Tarantino keeps getting worse tho in my opinion, but that's expected. Most film makers do as they age.

good read right here

im with you on the superhead sh*t it made no sense at all

as a black man sometimes my soul cant help but hurt when i read or view our fu*ked up past an how basically this country is built on the backs of slaves.but im suppose to just get over it...........
but the division within our own people is just as worse
i know this is just a movie but this scene fu*ked with me as a kid


[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]


the second part was the sh*t that really always fu*ks with me because it still hits home cause i grew up with guys like that not a.ss ruthless as crazy k but you get my point hopefully


Last edited by dman 4901; 12-29-2012 at 05:41 AM..
 5 years ago '10        #38
ClustyMolecules 117 heat pts117
space
avatar space
space
$4,603 | Props total: 5781 5781
Id just like to thank all you sons a b*tches for providing me with great Saturday morning entertainment
Btw the movie was a fu*k*n classic and I will check out this video shortly...and if QT is racist, i have never in my life seen a racist rock some DADA gear on live TV in 2012...or FUBU for that matter...BUT i will watch this video because im always down to hear an opinion
 5 years ago '05        #39
Emperor85 
space
space
space
$7,883 | Props total: 5691 5691
 Yinz N Burgh said:
So it's a black director could never make this movie but it's only a issue because a white director did

This dude made some good points but he's also over thinking sh*t. Trying to sound like he has psychology degree. Like he knows what people are thinking and what not

[video - click to view]

 5 years ago '04        #40
Ace2125 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$5,325 | Props total: 513 513
Django was just a n*gga who woke up from a nigg*r slave mentality, so I bet Django at the end would k!ll any white person that stood in his way or his black woman. I like dude review but he failed to say that in the end of review to sell hidden colors...................... which I will be buying
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 40
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
46 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 39
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 25
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 18
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
82 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 15
Five MORE women accuse Russell Simmons of sexual misconduct - bringing total t..
129 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
57 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 11
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
348 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 10
When You Catch The Homie Wearin Fake Red 11s
16 comments
1 day ago
@gear
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy