django unchained:a interesting review

most viewed right now
Video inside Breaking News: Everyday Struggle W Joe Budden & Akademiks Won't Be Back..
66 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Some confused X Men actors think they won't be Recast :mjlol:
68 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
261 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
76 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #1
7187 pageviews
85 comments

dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
django unchained:a interesting review

its long but well worth the listen image

starts at 1:40 mark

[video - click to view]

image dude said alot of sh-t i would love some people on here to debunk

image i didnt want to see this movie before but after this review i want to see this sh-t now

is he buggin tho about anything he saidimage

Last edited by dman 4901; 12-28-2012 at 01:14 PM..

85 comments for "django unchained:a interesting review"

5 years ago '12        #2
dman 4901 38 heat pts38 OP
space
space
 Matt504 said:
He's the guy who did both Hidden Colors movies, very educated brother.
 5 years ago '12        #3
space
space
 Heisenberg said:
I find it funny that some white people say it's disrespectful to white people then some black ppl say it's disrespectful to black people. Which one is it? it can't be both. you have republicans going crazy cause they say it paints white people as evil and is a pro-black movie then some black people say it's disrespectful to them and paints them in a negative light. motherfu*kas don't know which one it is
i have no idea what your talking about,could you explain
 5 years ago '08        #4
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
$3,332 | Props total: 19 19
good sh*t. I needed to hear this.
 5 years ago '12        #5
space
space
 Kizzle504 said:
good sh*t. I needed to hear this.
 5 years ago '07        #6
calle13 411 heat pts411
space
space
$5,231 | Props total: 8659 8659
fuk that sh*t ! this movie was perfect !! im black and i didn't feel disrespected by this film !
 5 years ago '07        #7
dloc757 11 heat pts11
space
space
$681 | Props total: 313 313
yo he made some very good points. The part about watching the audience during the movie is very true.

Not really a review of the movie but more of a breakdown from a black point of view. still a dope listen though
 5 years ago '12        #8
10maneJulioGino 
space
space
$32 | Props total: 8 8
I'm glad he acknowledged that it was a good movie before he went in on it. loved what he said about the audience (there was more older white folks in the movie than black folks when i went to see it) his perspective on the white man trick/ho black woman fantasy dynamic sh*t is pretty interesting. yal ever seen or read about that show Scandal? (ironically that stars kerry washington). his analogy about leonardo dicaprios character being an extension of quinton tarrantino... deeeeep sh*t man. everything about the subconscious/subliminal sh*t is on point imo. i made a big mental note of the fact that django didnt get to k!ll Kandi at the end. i love what tariq was saying about the fact that they would never fund a movie about the REAL slave revolts. some real thorough sh*t about nat turner or the hatian uprising or the black siminoles will never make it to the big screen. i was arguing that with one of my boys who's a big tarrentino fan about that the other day. this django movie itslf wouldnt even have made it through what i call "the hollywood filter" if a brother had written and directed it.. definitely worth the listen thanks for the post
 5 years ago '08        #9
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
 10maneJulioGino said:
I'm glad he acknowledged that it was a good movie before he went in on it. loved what he said about the audience (there was more older white folks in the movie than black folks when i went to see it) his perspective on the white man trick/ho black woman fantasy dynamic sh*t is pretty interesting. yal ever seen or read about that show Scandal? (ironically that stars kerry washington). his analogy about leonardo dicaprios character being an extension of quinton tarrantino... deeeeep sh*t man. everything about the subconscious/subliminal sh*t is on point imo. i made a big mental note of the fact that django didnt get to k!ll Kandi at the end. i love what tariq was saying about the fact that they would never fund a movie about the REAL slave revolts. some real thorough sh*t about nat turner or the hatian uprising or the black siminoles will never make it to the big screen. i was arguing that with one of my boys who's a big tarrentino fan about that the other day. this django movie itslf wouldnt even have made it through what i call "the hollywood filter" if a brother had written and directed it.. definitely worth the listen thanks for the post
yea everything was spot on. this video deserves more attention.

and i also believe the stuff about Robert de Niro and Bill Maher.
 5 years ago '07        #10
dloc757 11 heat pts11
space
space
$681 | Props total: 313 313
where can I find Hidden Colors 2 though
 5 years ago '06        #11
kyh0mpb 11 heat pts11
space
space
$3,011 | Props total: 4 4
This movie is definitely bringing up a lot of interesting things about our society and how we all perceive race and react to racism. I'm not black, and there were definitely parts I laughed at when I probably shouldn't have, and there were parts that were extremely difficult for me to watch as well.

The most interesting thing about how this movie is affecting society is how it is bringing forth so many generalizations. It's forcing me to realize how ignorant most people really are...whether it's "black people need to stop being sensitive" or "white people miss the good old days", both are equally ignorant IMO. And if you check out reviews, or read youtube comments, imdb comments, etc. these types of responses are EVERYWHERE.

Personally, I think Tarantino made this movie for a bunch of reasons, chief among them being to push boundaries (as he always does), and as an extension of that to cause us to examine all the stances we have about the sh*t I previously mentioned.

I don't think Tarantino is racist, I think he just has an intense fascination with the "taboo." Whether that's right or wrong isn't for me to decide; all I know is I love his films. For me, as a writer, I can see how people might say that Candie is basically Tarantino living vicariously through a fictional character - as a writer, you write what you know, and most important characters start out as an extension of yourself until you are able to further fictionalize them. The comment about Django not being the one to k!ll Candie is an interesting point, though. I'll try to watch the video later.

Last edited by kyh0mpb; 12-28-2012 at 06:37 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #12
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
I posted this in the that sarah silverman thread but n*ggas was too busy rantin and bi*chin to peep I guess good look on making the thread
 5 years ago '08        #13
Keith504 42 heat pts42
space
space
 dloc757 said:
where can I find Hidden Colors 2 though
amazon or
 5 years ago '12        #14
space
space
 Arson said:
I posted this in the that sarah silverman thread but n*ggas was too busy rantin and bi*chin to peep I guess good look on making the thread
dam homie i did not know you already posted this im sorry.

i heard this on youtube
a said dam this sh*t is pretty deep an needs its own thread

but thanks for the support an comment tho
 5 years ago '12        #15
space
space
 kyh0mpb said:
This movie is definitely bringing up a lot of interesting things about our society and how we all perceive race and react to racism. I'm not black, and there were definitely parts I laughed at when I probably shouldn't have, and there were parts that were extremely difficult for me to watch as well.

The most interesting thing about how this movie is affecting society is how it is bringing forth so many generalizations. It's forcing me to realize how ignorant most people really are...whether it's "black people need to stop being sensitive" or "white people miss the good old days", both are equally ignorant IMO. And if you check out reviews, or read youtube comments, imdb comments, etc. these types of responses are EVERYWHERE.

Personally, I think Tarantino made this movie for a bunch of reasons, chief among them being to push boundaries (as he always does), and as an extension of that to cause us to examine all the stances we have about the sh*t I previously mentioned.

I don't think Tarantino is racist, I think he just has an intense fascination with the "taboo." Whether that's right or wrong isn't for me to decide; all I know is I love his films. For me, as a writer, I can see how people might say that Candie is basically Tarantino living vicariously through a fictional character - as a writer, you write what you know, and most important characters start out as an extension of yourself until you are able to further fictionalize them. The comment about Django not being the one to k!ll Candie is an interesting point, though. I'll try to watch the video later.
when i was ''young,dumb an out of control'' i didnt know what the fu*k or how powerful the the subconscious mind can be.Then as i got older i had to learn little sh*t like subconscious/subliminal stuff on my own.Things like that they dont teach you in public urban schools or go deep enough to the point were you are aware of little things like this brother is talking about.I will say its very interesting
[spoiler - click to view]

.this sh*t made me want to see this sh*t now
 12-28-2012, 09:41 PM         #16
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Tarantino is constantly doing tributes to antiquated genres, in this case its the spaghetti western and the character of Django was used back in the 1960s. But basically, this movie was very similar in spirit and in style to Inglorious Basterds (both having a central theme of a severely immoral and tragic event in human history), Inglorious Basterds was just quite a bit better in my opinion. What dude above said is true, Tarantino is not racist, you can't oversimplify him like that, its disrespectful. He is a sick twisted crazy artistic genius, who is fascinated with taboo subjects and exploitation, and of course violence, which is a taboo and provocative topic in itself, but he aint no racist get the fu*k outta here, ask Sam Jackson if QT is racist, who appeared in every single one of his movies other than RD.

^That is not a direct response to the interview or whatever, I didn't listen to it, just to the notion that QT is racist because of this movie he made. That makes as little sense as saying he's anti-Semitic for making Inglorious Basterds. Not only is it not true, its irrational based on what the true spirit of both films were.

Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 12-28-2012 at 10:08 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #17
You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
space
$42,397 | Props total: 19885 19885
aint nobody got time to listen to this.

but as i said before no reason to catch feelins of a fu*king movie
 5 years ago '12        #18
space
space
 Bob Sacamano said:
Tarantino is constantly doing tributes to antiquated genres, in this case its the spaghetti western and the character of Django was used back in the 1960s. But basically, this movie was very similar in spirit and in style to Inglorious Basterds (both having a central theme of a severely immoral and tragic event in human history), Inglorious Basterds was just quite a bit better in my opinion. What dude above said is true, Tarantino is not racist, you can't oversimplify him like that, its disrespectful. He is a sick twisted crazy artistic genius, who is fascinated with taboo subjects and exploitation, and of course violence, which is a taboo and provocative topic in itself, but he aint no racist get the fu*k outta here, ask Sam Jackson if QT is racist, who appeared in every single one of his movies other than RD.

^That is not a direct response to the interview or whatever, I didn't listen to it, just to the notion that QT is racist because of this movie he made. That makes as little sense as saying he's anti-Semitic for making Inglorious Basterds. Not only is it not true, its irrational based on what the true spirit of both films were.
you should give it a listen it makes some great points

put in on while your doing stuff around the house

he still says the movie was good
 5 years ago '12        #19
space
space
 KnickKilla92 said:
aint nobody got time to listen to this.

but as i said before no reason to catch feelins of a fu*king movie
so why even post in the thread if your not going to listen to it

whats crazy is hes not even catching feelings in the video an he said everyone should go see it an its a good movie.I was never going to see it but this video chang my mind

but
 5 years ago '12        #20
You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
space
$42,397 | Props total: 19885 19885
 dman 4901 said:
so why even post in the thread if your not going to listen to it

whats crazy is hes not even catching feelings in the video an he said everyone should go see it an its a good movie.I was never going to see it but this video chang my mind

but
there was like 2 or 3 threads complaining and agreeing with spike lee about the N word
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
31 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
63 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
55 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
150 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
93 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
30 comments
1 day ago