YouTube cancels billions of video views after finding they had been 'faked by the music industry'

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
147 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
39 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
71 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '11        #61
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,190 | Props total: 5336 5336
I could not believe the numbers some of these music videos were doin in like 2 or 3 days..
 5 years ago '11        #62
KRCROOKSNY 108 heat pts108
space
space
$10,190 | Props total: 5336 5336
 Sam Rothstein said:
It's still shocking that everyone in America like the same thing, you go to the west coast, east coast, and everyone rocking out to the same sh*t. Culture has been fried.
Nah.. just goes along with the increase of mixed babies.. People just coming together for the most part, but it's k!lling diversity.
 5 years ago '04        #63
Dollaz 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 117 117
 WCIB said:
I love your logic. So Interscope bought albums to inflate Kendrick and Keef's album sales, but they inflate one to damn near 250,000 and the other to only 50,000?

Fantastic job by you, Interscope.
Naw fam thats not how it works..they don't buy the same amount of records on each artist. NOW that wouldn't make sense. I said they inflate them i didn't say they buy ALL the first week sales. It all depends on the budget and projected numbers of the individual artist. Every artist doesn't have the same Potential, and audience span and projected ROI.

For example, Lets use Taylor Swift, Chief Keef and K. Dot new albums. All 3 of these artist have a VERY different budget, audience, and potential so if taylor was originally projected to sell over 600-700k, then based on her having a way bigger budget and potential, they could buy another 300k so it could appear as a platinum album in the first week, generating a stronger media buzz for more potential sales in the following few weeks, than original slated. Now on the lower end of the spectrum, if Chief Keef was only projected to do about 25-35k, then they would probably wouldn't spend to much on this aspect of his budget because the ROI potential wouldn't justify itself. With K. Dot, apply the same logic. These are just very rough basic examples of the psychology. And this practice is applied to buying youtube views, media, radio spins (payola), buying reviews, ect..

If you don't believe this goes on because the logic is beyond you, then that's fine. More power to you fam. Im not here to change opinions, just here to drop a perspective on those who might wonder how and why this is done..

K.Dot had a great album IMO and i bought it but that doesn't change the fact that interscope more than likely bought some of his records to inflate them first week numbers a as well. Im just stating what i know, i used to work promotions for some of these majors & i also was a intern at interscope, and this practice wasn't a secret amongst industry people.
 5 years ago '04        #64
Dollaz 4 heat pts
space
space
 Bullseye said:
Wonder what's gonna happen when they crack down on record companies buying their own artists' albums.
They wont crack down on that cuz it keeps the industry thriving (or at least appears to) and if a label buys its own records its a calculated gamble on their end.Billboard wont regulate or investigate these major labels, truth be told their probably in on it. Logically from a business aspect WHY wouldnt they be? They're all getting paid. This is what Major corporations do,. We as the consumer have a misconception of a.ssumed morality and principles when it comes to these businesses. Bottom line is the bottomline. They ONLY care about increasing PROFIT margins, that it.

With the Youtube views we're dealing with a system and business that spans beyond just the music industry with different rules and regulations. Youtube would still thrive without the influence of these major labels force feeding us their artists. They get paid from advertiser in many other industries so it is their duty to keep it as clean a possible so they wont ruin the platform as a whole.
 5 years ago '04        #65
Dollaz 4 heat pts
space
space
 Im Soo Special said:
good now lets slash datpiff and worldstar views
Worldstar been exposed for fake views lol..it was a dude on youtube with a tutorial on that sh*t a little while back.
 5 years ago '05        #66
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,226 | Props total: 9629 9629
 Dollaz said:
Naw fam thats not how it works..they don't buy the same amount of records on each artist. NOW that wouldn't make sense. I said they inflate them i didn't say they buy ALL the first week sales. It all depends on the budget and projected numbers of the individual artist. Every artist doesn't have the same Potential, and audience span and projected ROI.

For example, Lets use Taylor Swift, Chief Keef and K. Dot new albums. All 3 of these artist have a VERY different budget, audience, and potential so if taylor was originally projected to sell over 600-700k, then based on her having a way bigger budget and potential, they could buy another 300k so it could appear as a platinum album in the first week, generating a stronger media buzz for more potential sales in the following few weeks, than original slated. Now on the lower end of the spectrum, if Chief Keef was only projected to do about 25-35k, then they would probably wouldn't spend to much on this aspect of his budget because the ROI potential wouldn't justify itself. With K. Dot, apply the same logic. These are just very rough basic examples of the psychology. And this practice is applied to buying youtube views, media, radio spins (payola), buying reviews, ect..

If you don't believe this goes on because the logic is beyond you, then that's fine. More power to you fam. Im not here to change opinions, just here to drop a perspective on those who might wonder how and why this is done..

K.Dot had a great album IMO and i bought it but that doesn't change the fact that interscope more than likely bought some of his records to inflate them first week numbers a as well. Im just stating what i know, i used to work promotions for some of these majors & i also was a intern at interscope, and this practice wasn't a secret amongst industry people.
This sounds nice, but the reason I don't believe it is because why sign Chief Keef, sign him above much more talented artists who'd make you more money btw with much less ignorance and controversy, and do the standard practice of buying albums to inflate his first week sales, but only inflate it to 50,000 after all the hype?

These people are rich beyond imagination. They couldn't invest 500k into Keef to get him over that 100,000 units mark? Iovine wipes his a.ss with 500k homie.

If you're right about them inflating sh*t, they do a terrible job of it, hence why I don't believe it.
 5 years ago '04        #67
youngd 16 heat pts16
space
space
space
$3,285 | Props total: 1085 1085
lol at yall thinking those views were real check my sig selling digital goods is the next big thing its like pulling money from thin air
 5 years ago '07        #68
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
 Chalky said:
so what about gangnam style
That is most likely legit. That was a highly watched video by many many people of all ages, especially kids all around the world.

I think they're talkin about less likely candidates to get as many views, such as Chief Keef. Ain't nobody watching his lame videos that much.
 5 years ago '05        #69
CTR 376 heat pts376
space
space
$2,976 | Props total: 5 5
 SOCIALITE said:
Good for them bi*ches, they'll continue to do it, but still god for em every time they take a hit for cheating the world. You gotta have the numbers to make it, yet only people getting numbers are the one's who have the machine cheating for them. Youtube used to be a place for us regular people to be heard who don't have a big budget, now it's dominated by the industry. I built up 12k subscribers on youtube all to have my sh*t stale out because the industry videos begin to be more accessible than my videos to the people who went out of their way to click the subscribe button to be notified when I upload. I hate when big dollars get behind things that we the people make popular and suck all the life out of it and turn it into a soulless machine. fu*k em. /rant
Adapt, you talentless bi*ch n*gga
 5 years ago '07        #70
kyhoopsgoat 418 heat pts418
space
space
$18,659 | Props total: 4410 4410
Look like this is a different thread from the one I posted it yesterday, here are the most notable YouTube views lost...

universalmusicgroup -1,015,800,118
sonybmg -851,488,973
BritneyTV -462,567,893
jawed -326,360,381
michaeljackson -287,341,860
hollywoodrecords -251,531,439
ChrisBrownTV -187,412,448
RCARecords -159,532,674
beyonce -151,445,205
linkinparktv -146,017,677
shakira -137,394,924
AvrilLavigne -124,277,862
MoTv1 -116,394,756
TPainVideos -110,169,389
JordinSparks -107,013,443
kellyclarkson -95,918,188
ushertv -82,616,548
CiaraTV -79,535,904
systemofadown -78,234,702
justintimberlakeTV -75,011,470
PinkVideoVault -74,924,862
blackeyedpeasvideo -66,523,729
RKellyTV -57,695,213
PitbullMusic -49,666,988
taylorswift -48,653,985
ChristinaAguilera -46,542,374
KardinalOffishall416 -37,925,779
prettyrickyvideos -33,191,497
WeirdAlTV -32,561,762
kennychesney -28,989,842
PliesWorld -17,134,607
kesha -15,607,816
PitbullVEVO -11,483,509

[pic - click to view]

Glad my video with 3,627,402 views is legit...
 5 years ago '05        #71
Andrefrbk 1067 heat pts1067
space
space
$22,887 | Props total: 5118 5118

[pic - click to view]

New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
52 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ukrainian Fashion Model Mariya Melny Thong Bikini
24 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NBA JR Smith passes Kobe for 12th all-time in 3 pointers made
52 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside dannielledai
4 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside If big tiddies and a phat ass aren't your cup of tea, then this isn't ..
61 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 9 - The end of prison visits: jails end face-to-face contact and familie..
100 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
31 comments
1 day ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy