YouTube cancels billions of video views after finding they had been 'faked by the music industry'

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #41
mr_underground|m 1964 heat pts1964
space
space
$22,729 | Props total: 28375 28375
 TheMob said:
Poor article.

How did google find out?
Because each click has user agent data and bots click different than humans
 5 years ago '11        #42
GrindPOWER$ 389 heat pts389
space
space
$19,253 | Props total: 12499 12499
really naw get outta here...hey in the world of click bots and bad record sales expect a stunt like that.
 5 years ago '05        #43
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,225 | Props total: 9629 9629
 M2CEO said:
im not mad at ya.....but this was already posted:
Didn't be post his 3 hours before you though?
 5 years ago '04        #44
Dollaz 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,808 | Props total: 117 117
 BIGMARS said:
Only a matter of time before they bust Kendrick, 50, and Wayne for faking sales.

50 cent - My Life number 1 on iTunes my azz
Why stop there..it is a very known and common practice amongst industry insiders that most major releases are bought by the labels in the first week...It's a part of the label's marketing strategy along with the fake Youtube views..

@ anybody who thought Nicki Manaj organically had 50 million youtube views in days , same sh*t wit Jbeiber..

I have no doubt that Interscope for example, bought Chief Keef's and K.Dot's albums to inflate those first week sales. This has been going on for ages nothing new here.
 5 years ago '05        #45
WCIB 111 heat pts111
space
space
$25,225 | Props total: 9629 9629
 Dollaz said:
Why stop there..it is a very known and common practice amongst industry insiders that most major releases are bought by the labels in the first week...It's a part of the label's marketing strategy along with the fake Youtube views..

@ anybody who thought Nicki Manaj organically had 50 million youtube views in days , same sh*t wit Jbeiber..

I have no doubt that Interscope for example, bought Chief Keef's and K.Dot's albums to inflate those first week sales. This has been going on for ages nothing new here.
I love your logic. So Interscope bought albums to inflate Kendrick and Keef's album sales, but they inflate one to damn near 250,000 and the other to only 50,000?

Fantastic job by you, Interscope.
 12-29-2012, 03:13 AM         #46
TheMob  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 mr_underground said:
Because each click has user agent data and bots click different than humans
If so google would have found out a long time ago. There are ways for people to simulate that.

Besides google doesnt count views by "clicks". You have to watch a certain percentage of the video before the view count actually increments.
 5 years ago '08        #47
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,101 | Props total: 23305 23305
so who took the biggest hit?
 5 years ago '07        #48
Blaze332 8 heat pts
space
space
$3,047 | Props total: 0 0
 WCIB said:
DatPiff and Worldstar watch the fu*k out with them numbers. You're next.

Is anyone surprised by this though? People do this with twitter too, sh*t I've seen some things where you lay down $5 bucks for 10-20k instant followers. The Internet is still a fantasy land.
 5 years ago '05        #49
Gm0ney85 9 heat pts
space
space
$13,721 | Props total: 2161 2161
i mean i know the industry be faking the funk...

but at the same time.. a lot of the views going up hella fast be because people post the video on other sites..

so you have 1 video posted to thousands of sites and facebooks pages.. where all those sites and pages get clicked then viewed... then some of those people post it to there sites and pages.. and it just multiplies hella fast...

this goes to show tho.. that based god with no major label help beeen doing big things all by himself.. ..

nah but forreal... this sh*t funny tho.. the industry stay pullin a fast one.. and yall STILL argue about the bullsh*t that yall known nothing about like ya life depends on it...
 12-29-2012, 07:01 AM         #50
SOCIALITE  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Good for them bi*ches, they'll continue to do it, but still god for em every time they take a hit for cheating the world. You gotta have the numbers to make it, yet only people getting numbers are the one's who have the machine cheating for them. Youtube used to be a place for us regular people to be heard who don't have a big budget, now it's dominated by the industry. I built up 12k subscribers on youtube all to have my sh*t stale out because the industry videos begin to be more accessible than my videos to the people who went out of their way to click the subscribe button to be notified when I upload. I hate when big dollars get behind things that we the people make popular and suck all the life out of it and turn it into a soulless machine. fu*k em. /rant
 5 years ago '04        #51
dj X 33 heat pts33
space
space
$18,733 | Props total: 6436 6436
 SOCIALITE said:
Good for them bi*ches, they'll continue to do it, but still god for em every time they take a hit for cheating the world. You gotta have the numbers to make it, yet only people getting numbers are the one's who have the machine cheating for them. Youtube used to be a place for us regular people to be heard who don't have a big budget, now it's dominated by the industry. I built up 12k subscribers on youtube all to have my sh*t stale out because the industry videos begin to be more accessible than my videos to the people who went out of their way to click the subscribe button to be notified when I upload. I hate when big dollars get behind things that we the people make popular and suck all the life out of it and turn it into a soulless machine. fu*k em. /rant
 5 years ago '04        #52
pbody13 
space
space
space
$82 | Props total: 0 0
I knew nobody wanted to see a justin bieber video a million times....good job youtube!
 5 years ago '11        #53
MonStar Music 7 heat pts
space
space
$638 | Props total: 0 0
 TheMob said:
If so google would have found out a long time ago. There are ways for people to simulate that.

Besides google doesnt count views by "clicks". You have to watch a certain percentage of the video before the view count actually increments.
No views increment from clicks, once the video starts playing, thats a view
 5 years ago '07        #54
Bullseye 59 heat pts59
space
space
$8,915 | Props total: 1802 1802
Wonder what's gonna happen when they crack down on record companies buying their own artists' albums.
 5 years ago '09        #55
Chalky 303 heat pts303
space
space
$27,371 | Props total: 17449 17449
so what about gangnam style
 12-29-2012, 09:10 AM         #56
Sam Rothstein  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
It's still shocking that everyone in America like the same thing, you go to the west coast, east coast, and everyone rocking out to the same sh*t. Culture has been fried.
 5 years ago '09        #57
ill 800 64 heat pts64
space
space
$9,089 | Props total: 269 269
everything that comes out of these artists mouth is fake. they dont own half the clothes they wear, cars they drive and houses they live in, sh*t they dont even write their own music. the entire music industry is a fantasy land made to brainwash you. they will do WHATEVER they can to get that money out of your pocket
 5 years ago '10        #58
OJ Pimpson 126 heat pts126
space
space
space
$13,589 | Props total: 9900 9900
I knew that many people wasnt viewing them gay a.ss lame CHIEF KEEF videos.
 5 years ago '11        #59
Roddy Little 36 heat pts36
space
space
$2,054 | Props total: 740 740
 Bart Pimpson said:
I knew that many people wasnt viewing them gay a.ss lame CHIEF KEEF videos.
Read the article again, and then look at the youtube channels which Chief Keef's videos are uploaded on.
 12-29-2012, 09:31 AM         #60
redacted  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Whenever there's a viral sensation, goofy failed stunt or amateur music, the number of views is always brought up in the media. Why wouldn't people in the industry try to game the system, for the sake of getting extra publicity from those who hype up youtube views like people used to hype up record sales?

@ every time I'm watching CNN, and hear about the number of youtube views for some sh*t that aint news. I might as well be watching entertainment tonight.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
25 comments
1 day ago