Greenbay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings - Week 17 (4:25pm est. FOX)

most viewed right now
Migos clown Joe Budden to oblivion
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA BIG BALLER BRAND JUST SHUT DOWN NYC TODAY :mjomfg:
25 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL CBS James Brown Hairline Is Seriously Making Me Uncomfortable
68 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
27 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
13982 pageviews
904 comments

TheT 21 heat pts21
space
space
$16,913 | Props total: 716 716
Greenbay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings - Week 17 (4:25pm est. FOX)

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

VS

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Sunday, December 30, 2012 - 4:25 pm ET
[pic - click to view]

Mall of America Field
Avg. Yds (Rk) Category Avg. Yds (Rk)
247.7 (10th) Pass Off. 168.3 (32nd)
108.7 (20th) Rush Off. 161.1 (3rd)
217.7 (11th) Pass Def. 238.3 (19th)
111.9 (14th) Rush Def. 108.0 (13th)
a mixture of sun and clouds. Chilly. 23 °F, Wind: 10.55 mph/S

[pic - click to view]

1,898 - current total 208 - yards for record 2,105 - record

Adrian Peterson has 1 game left to chase down playoffs, 2,000-yard season

It's all right there for Adrian Peterson now.

One more game in his remarkable comeback season, and the only thing that remains on the line is everything.

A win against the rival Green Bay Packers on Sunday would put his Minnesota Vikings into the playoffs for the first time since the 2009 season. The milestones of 2,000 yards and Eric d!ckerson's single-season rushing record are there to be had as well, along with a potential MVP award that would cement his standing among the league's great players.

"It's such a big game when you look at everything that can be accomplished," Peterson said Wednesday. "I'm looking forward to it, man. Most importantly, getting into the playoffs, securing that with a win against Green Bay. Having an opportunity to hit 2,000, having an opportunity to break Eric d!ckerson's record in the same game, it would be great to accomplish."

Perhaps the only thing more improbable than the Vikings (9-6) sitting one victory away from a playoff berth is that they have been carried there by Peterson, who tore two ligaments in his left knee just over a year ago. He has already racked up a career-high 1,898 yards rushing this season, leaving him 102 away from becoming the first player to hit 2,000 yards on a reconstructed knee.

His inspiring recovery has galvanized a team that has been teetering on the edge of elimination the last four weeks and has put some of the biggest names to play the position in his corner as he runs toward history. d!ckerson is on record as saying he hopes Peterson falls a little shy of his 2,105 yards rushing in 1984, but everyone from Jim Brown to Terrell Davis to Chris Johnson — the last running back to rush for 2,000 yards — have come out in support of his pursuit.

"So impressed by everything (at)AdrianPeterson has done this year," Detroit Lions great Barry Sanders tweeted recently. "Big fan of E.D. But really pulling for AP to break the record. Good luck."

Peterson needs 208 yards on Sunday to break d!ckerson's record, a number that would be considered close to impossible for most running backs in this pass-happy league. But Peterson has topped that twice in the previous four games. He's also rushed for more yards against the Packers than any other team, including 210 yards at Lambeau Field on Dec. 2.

"I wouldn't say I'm rooting for him to get it, but I want him to do the best that he can do," said Johnson, who developed a bit of a rivalry with Peterson a few years back when both laid claim to the title of the best running back in the league. "It's just a nice story from where he got hurt last year. I sent him a text to see how he was doing and stuff like that. I wish him the best and whatever he does, I congratulate him on it and I'll be happy for him."

Peterson has been humbled by all the support and is understanding of d!ckerson's stance, but there is one player he wishes he could sit down with before he plays one of the biggest games of his career — Walter Payton.

"What inspired you to be the best?" he wishes he could ask the Bears great, who died in 1999. "How did he deal with success and fame? If he could do anything different, what would it be? What would he have done?"

Peterson speaks to Vikings coach Leslie Frazier about Payton. Frazier was a teammate of Payton's and has routinely said he sees striking similarities between the two, on and off the field.

His name is up there with Tom Brady and Peyton Manning in the MVP discussion, and an MVP win for Peterson would break a string of five straight given to quarterbacks. He's certainly showing that an offense can be successful while relying heavily on the running game and validating the Vikings' decision to invest heavily in him with a lucrative contract extension before last season.

"I definitely want to keep the running backs highlighted," Peterson said. "It's started to turn into more of a spread, quarterback-friendly NFL. But just keep letting them know that there are going to be running backs that can do this.

"Just give young guys the inspiration to try to be better than me. Just inspire them to get on top of their game to be better so that running backs continue to prosper in this league and have coaches and organizations respect us so we can continue to not only play the game we love, but take care of our family."

LaDainian Tomlinson, another running back with Texas roots, won the MVP award in 2006, the last time a non-quarterback has won the award.

"It would definitely be nice to do that," Peterson said. "And I feel like it will happen. I just have the confidence in myself and the guys that surround me who have played such a big part in this the whole season."

One more game to strengthen his case. One more game to reel in those records and try to extend this magical season for at least another week.

"Coming into the season after going through the rehab process, I just told myself that I wanted to lead my team to a championship and make sure that I contribute and do my part," Peterson said. "I've been doing it. I just ask God to continue to bless me."

[pic - click to view]

Adrian Peterson has 1 game left to chase down playoffs, 2,000-yard season - OrlandoSentinel.com

Last edited by TheT; 12-27-2012 at 08:53 PM..

904 comments for "Greenbay Packers @ Minnesota Vikings - Week 17 (4:25pm est. FOX)"

5 years ago '12        #2
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,662 | Props total: 21981 21981
How many INT will Ponder throw?
 5 years ago '05        #3
TheT 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
Biggest game of the season and a chance to make the playoffs by beating our division rivals. Oh and AP has a chance to break the single season rushing record. I don't think it needs to be said that it can't get any better than this.

I can't wait for this game!
 5 years ago '04        #4
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
win and we pretty much play again next week at Lambeau
 5 years ago '04        #5
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,662 | Props total: 515 515
 finishim said:
win and we pretty much play again next week at Lambeau
How so? Or do you mean if the Vikings win?
 5 years ago '04        #6
finishim 80 heat pts80
space
space
$21,769 | Props total: 1 1
 e G o Maniac said:
How so? Or do you mean if the Vikings win?
Vikings
 5 years ago '05        #7
TheT 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
 Peterparker said:
Im rooting for the Vikings on this one.
 12-27-2012, 08:10 PM         #8
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Vikings, fu*k the Packers.
 5 years ago '04        #9
torious 67 heat pts67
space
space
$81,942 | Props total: 11684 11684
Really pulling for AP to go ballistic this week, would be amazing to see him get the record
 5 years ago '10        #10
ghettofire 3 heat pts
space
space
$27,164 | Props total: 145 145
Don't ever doubt the random greatness that is ponderswag
 12-27-2012, 09:17 PM         #11
JollyGreenGiant 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Would be pretty surprised if Packers lost. They just beat the Vikings with Peterson going HAM and Matthews out. I think historically Peterson has one monster game and one garbage game against the Packers per year. He had the monster one already!
 5 years ago '05        #12
TheT 21 heat pts21 OP
space
space
 JollyGreenGiant said:
Would be pretty surprised if Packers lost. They just beat the Vikings with Peterson going HAM and Matthews out. I think historically Peterson has one monster game and one garbage game against the Packers per year. He had the monster one already!
What about Ponder though?
 5 years ago '06        #13
SM 38145 heat pts38145
space
space
$127,661 | Props total: 66721 66721
we gunna shut ap down
 5 years ago '06        #14
banga 8 heat pts
space
space
$31,348 | Props total: 5497 5497
 SM said:
we gunna shut ap down
 5 years ago '04        #15
EGO 55 heat pts55
space
space
$30,662 | Props total: 515 515
About to have my breakfast and play some Madden to get ready for this classic nfc north closer
 5 years ago '04        #16
RoyceDa59 240 heat pts240
space
space
$14,960 | Props total: 4667 4667
I fu*kin hate work, the one day they decide to give me a full shift on Sun it had to be today of all days this is one of the few times I wish sorry a.ss IPhones could stream games
 5 years ago '04        #17
hockeythug 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,303 | Props total: 846 846

[video - click to view]

Last edited by hockeythug; 12-30-2012 at 01:39 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #18
killadre 229 heat pts229
space
space
$20,470 | Props total: 16285 16285
Go packers
 5 years ago '09        #19
ReggieA 196 heat pts196
space
space
$41,628 | Props total: 2738 2738
I just want to see AP break 2,000, 2,105, I don't know, that is a stretch.
 5 years ago '12        #20
ThePainkiller 347 heat pts347
space
space
$69,662 | Props total: 21981 21981
Alright girls. It's show time.
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
87 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
39 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Fans Find Doo Doo Condoms and Lube While Digging into Zac Efrons Trash!
227 comments
20 hours ago
@misc
most viewed right now
Video inside XXXTentacion gets 7 more charges added to his case and asks fans to sho..
91 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
68 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
128 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
51 comments
18 hours ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Black In Crew: Chicago Baddie & Potential “No PullOut” Candidate
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy