Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
111 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
100 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
43 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-26-2012, 11:08 PM         #61
Randomhero2k5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 skillahmang said:
That is a great quote "you can't tell art what to do".

imagine if we had told art what to do. we would of been stripped of plenty classic material.
great post, finally some food for thought around here. props!
 12-26-2012, 11:14 PM         #62
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets make a movie about jesus but never say his name foh
 12-26-2012, 11:15 PM         #63
Zeeshine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:
How is that attacking Spike Lee? She even says "she loves spike" and they were "just talking about school daze."

You wanna know why you don't see kike in anything?

Don't get mad at me, I'm just being real here. It's because Jews aren't keeping the word "KIKE" alive. You don't hear jews calling other jews "kikes."

I hear "n*gga" all the time in music, movies, high schools, colleges, fu*king everywhere. If you don't want a word to be so commonplace then it shouldn't be used period. It can't be exclusive.

So you can either be mad at the word and stop using it, or you can just consider it bastardized and accept it.

Someone gets it.
 12-26-2012, 11:18 PM         #64
jimflu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea pretending like they didnt say it is giving it more power than having people say it
 12-26-2012, 11:22 PM         #65
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k art, its history

if you want to act like the word can't be used then i guess we can act like slavery shouldn't be taught in schools

it happened, acknowledge it, and don't throw a bi*ch fit when its used in context
 5 years ago '05        #66
J Real 
space
space
space
$963 | Props total: 62 62
Get mad at uncle luke for pressing the issue if its not art
 12-26-2012, 11:41 PM         #67
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JayDee11 said:
If I'm going to expose myself to a film with a bunch of neanderthals barking "n*****" , it damn sure better be of high quality and by a brilliant mind. Tarantino hasn't made a high quality move in over a decade which makes Django something I will surely pass on. I honestly don't know who the hell Sarah Silverman is. However, I expect a devil to come up with every excuse possible to justify his of her natural born evil mentality....
troll so hard stupidity defines me
 5 years ago '05        #68
assanlb 
space
space
$851 | Props total: 56 56
At the end of the day, the movie is about slavery. Regardless if it's a white man or black I would think the word is justified being used. Some people are just extra sensitive when it comes to race and it's cool to be that way, but just don't expect to be able to say whatever you want and then think others need to have restraints
 5 years ago '07        #69
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4828 4828
 JayDee11 said:
If I'm going to expose myself to a film with a bunch of neanderthals barking "n*****" , it damn sure better be of high quality and by a brilliant mind. Tarantino hasn't made a high quality move in over a decade which makes Django something I will surely pass on. I honestly don't know who the hell Sarah Silverman is. However, I expect a devil to come up with every excuse possible to justify his of her natural born evil mentality....
 5 years ago '06        #70
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,486 | Props total: 14772 14772
She got a point about the slavery part too... fu*k did Spike Lee want the slave owners in the movie to call em? "jiggaboos" or "spooks"? no he woulda complained about that too... its only okay for him to use the N-word a 100 times in a movie...
 5 years ago '12        #71
Di Warlord 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,500 | Props total: 10965 10965
Sarah Silverman's t*ts in the OP's post though

5 years ago '12        #72
Thunder035 4 heat pts
space
space
$271 | Props total: 73 73
I would most def smash Sarah Silverman. Something bout that crazy broad that gets your boy wanting to hit that
 5 years ago '04        #73
Demac 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,365 | Props total: 3 3
 swayze said:
Its our fault so called black people. We are the slaves known to man. Thats not the worst part most of our dumbass dont care. We love trying to be like these people. They hate you.. No seriously they hate you and just like the 60's we still trying to be with these heathens.
True sh*t, same thing with most minorities in America. Everyone wants to a.ssimilate into the American culture aka white culture.
 12-27-2012, 12:59 AM         #74
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if they made movies like that and didnt use the n word or whatever then people would say the situation is being downplayed. you cant make everyone happy.
 12-27-2012, 01:00 AM         #75
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scouser said:
this is another classic example of what white people constantly do which is a big mistake

'Stop telling Black People how they Feel or how they should feel about their history'
DING DING DING

i gives a fu*k about sarah silverman's opinion on this, we ain't gonna ever feel the same.

and a little bonus shade this chick is unfunny
 5 years ago '08        #76
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$40,109 | Props total: 23332 23332
eh, can't say she's wrong. I'd be more offended if Quentin was on some political correctness sh*t and didn't use the word at all because it would be seen as offensive.

Tariq Nasheed has a good podcast on his thoughts and opinions of the movie

Last edited by Arson; 12-27-2012 at 01:17 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #77
NorthNorthReppa 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,662 | Props total: 474 474
My son's mother is black. I'm white. Get the fu*k over that word being used in a movie though.

I mean seriously, someone gets k!lled in a movie, someone gets k!lled in real life. It has happened, is happening, and will happen again. Are we going to outlaw that in film even though its horrible? No. fu*k no. Take notes young soap box children.

Last edited by NorthNorthReppa; 12-27-2012 at 01:26 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #78
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,130 | Props total: 4526 4526
 skillahmang said:
That is a great quote "you can't tell art what to do".

imagine if we had told art what to do. we would of been stripped of plenty classic material.
she only said what quentin said like a 2 decades ago lol. when they asked him why he uses ****** in his movies alot. he said its art
 5 years ago '08        #79
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,533 | Props total: 283 283
 dblock187s said:
clowns
Dumbass?
 5 years ago '11        #80
RAWshadTX 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,648 | Props total: 1068 1068
You really can't tell people how they feel when it comes to movies. I mean art is art based on people viewing it and not all people views it the same way.

As far as the n-word goes... I don't see how it wouldn't be use heavily in a slave movie.

At the same time you can't tell people that they shouldn't get offended. That's how they feel and that's how they're gonna react.

IMO, however, I feel like the n-word is only given power to people's reactions to it. Just like any other word more or less. Should we (blacks) still allow this word to make us feel a certain way is the question. I understand how saying it can make us feel a certain way though.

Seeing black slaves getting whipped and then called a ****** I. A movie in this day and age can't be hard on some.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
147 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
65 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
72 comments
18 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
108 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 13 - Bannon looks like a DISHEVELED DRUNK that wondered on stage
16 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
225 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Star Wars Last Jedi Spoiler review
28 comments
2 days ago