Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

most viewed right now
 Deadpool 2 chokes at the Box Office. Underperming at 125 mil
31 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
 Wiz Khalifa's son is a Taylor Swift stan
62 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Los Angeles Hip Hop vs Atlanta Hip Hop
95 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 Image(s) inside First Look At The Son Goku x adidas ZX500 RM
10 comments
@gear

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-26-2012, 10:14 PM         #61
CS35 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lets make a movie about jesus but never say his name foh
 12-26-2012, 10:15 PM         #62
Zeeshine 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:
How is that attacking Spike Lee? She even says "she loves spike" and they were "just talking about school daze."

You wanna know why you don't see kike in anything?

Don't get mad at me, I'm just being real here. It's because Jews aren't keeping the word "KIKE" alive. You don't hear jews calling other jews "kikes."

I hear "n*gga" all the time in music, movies, high schools, colleges, fu*king everywhere. If you don't want a word to be so commonplace then it shouldn't be used period. It can't be exclusive.

So you can either be mad at the word and stop using it, or you can just consider it bastardized and accept it.

Someone gets it.
 12-26-2012, 10:18 PM         #63
jimflu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Yea pretending like they didnt say it is giving it more power than having people say it
 12-26-2012, 10:22 PM         #64
2D.... 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
fu*k art, its history

if you want to act like the word can't be used then i guess we can act like slavery shouldn't be taught in schools

it happened, acknowledge it, and don't throw a bi*ch fit when its used in context
 5 years ago '05        #65
J Real 
space
space
space
$967 | Props total: 72 72
Get mad at uncle luke for pressing the issue if its not art
 12-26-2012, 10:41 PM         #66
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 JayDee11 said:
If I'm going to expose myself to a film with a bunch of neanderthals barking "n*****" , it damn sure better be of high quality and by a brilliant mind. Tarantino hasn't made a high quality move in over a decade which makes Django something I will surely pass on. I honestly don't know who the hell Sarah Silverman is. However, I expect a devil to come up with every excuse possible to justify his of her natural born evil mentality....
troll so hard stupidity defines me
 5 years ago '05        #67
assanlb 
space
space
$854 | Props total: 60 60
At the end of the day, the movie is about slavery. Regardless if it's a white man or black I would think the word is justified being used. Some people are just extra sensitive when it comes to race and it's cool to be that way, but just don't expect to be able to say whatever you want and then think others need to have restraints
 5 years ago '07        #68
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$40,198 | Props total: 5335 5335
 JayDee11 said:
If I'm going to expose myself to a film with a bunch of neanderthals barking "n*****" , it damn sure better be of high quality and by a brilliant mind. Tarantino hasn't made a high quality move in over a decade which makes Django something I will surely pass on. I honestly don't know who the hell Sarah Silverman is. However, I expect a devil to come up with every excuse possible to justify his of her natural born evil mentality....
 5 years ago '06        #69
Bama Boy 100 heat pts100
space
space
space
$57,880 | Props total: 16120 16120
She got a point about the slavery part too... fu*k did Spike Lee want the slave owners in the movie to call em? "jiggaboos" or "spooks"? no he woulda complained about that too... its only okay for him to use the N-word a 100 times in a movie...
 5 years ago '12        #70
Di Warlord 8 heat pts
space
space
$11,797 | Props total: 12383 12383
Sarah Silverman's t*ts in the OP's post though

5 years ago '12        #71
Thunder035 5 heat pts
space
space
$286 | Props total: 98 98
I would most def smash Sarah Silverman. Something bout that crazy broad that gets your boy wanting to hit that :roydatass:
 5 years ago '04        #72
Demac 2 heat pts
space
space
$1,365 | Props total: 3 3
 swayze said:
Its our fault so called black people. We are the slaves known to man. Thats not the worst part most of our dumbass dont care. We love trying to be like these people. They hate you.. No seriously they hate you and just like the 60's we still trying to be with these heathens.
True sh*t, same thing with most minorities in America. Everyone wants to a.ssimilate into the American culture aka white culture.
 12-26-2012, 11:59 PM         #73
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
if they made movies like that and didnt use the n word or whatever then people would say the situation is being downplayed. you cant make everyone happy.
 12-27-2012, 12:00 AM         #74
iThink 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scouser said:
this is another classic example of what white people constantly do which is a big mistake

'Stop telling Black People how they Feel or how they should feel about their history'
DING DING DING

i gives a fu*k about sarah silverman's opinion on this, we ain't gonna ever feel the same.

and a little bonus shade this chick is unfunny
 5 years ago '08        #75
Arson 84 heat pts84
space
space
$41,561 | Props total: 27773 27773
eh, can't say she's wrong. I'd be more offended if Quentin was on some political correctness sh*t and didn't use the word at all because it would be seen as offensive.

Tariq Nasheed has a good podcast on his thoughts and opinions of the movie

Last edited by Arson; 12-27-2012 at 12:17 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #76
NorthNorthReppa 3 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,736 | Props total: 561 561
My son's mother is black. I'm white. Get the fu*k over that word being used in a movie though.

I mean seriously, someone gets k!lled in a movie, someone gets k!lled in real life. It has happened, is happening, and will happen again. Are we going to outlaw that in film even though its horrible? No. fu*k no. Take notes young soap box children.

Last edited by NorthNorthReppa; 12-27-2012 at 12:26 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #77
PrisonRules 70 heat pts70
space
space
$26,902 | Props total: 5710 5710
 skillahmang said:
That is a great quote "you can't tell art what to do".

imagine if we had told art what to do. we would of been stripped of plenty classic material.
she only said what quentin said like a 2 decades ago lol. when they asked him why he uses ****** in his movies alot. he said its art
 5 years ago '08        #78
AyeDre 13 heat pts13
space
space
$10,588 | Props total: 359 359
 dblock187s said:
clowns
Dumbass?
 5 years ago '11        #79
RAWshadTX 11 heat pts11
space
space
$1,710 | Props total: 1226 1226
You really can't tell people how they feel when it comes to movies. I mean art is art based on people viewing it and not all people views it the same way.

As far as the n-word goes... I don't see how it wouldn't be use heavily in a slave movie.

At the same time you can't tell people that they shouldn't get offended. That's how they feel and that's how they're gonna react.

IMO, however, I feel like the n-word is only given power to people's reactions to it. Just like any other word more or less. Should we (blacks) still allow this word to make us feel a certain way is the question. I understand how saying it can make us feel a certain way though.

Seeing black slaves getting whipped and then called a ****** I. A movie in this day and age can't be hard on some.
 5 years ago '11        #80
dom 30 heat pts30
space
space
space
$8,349 | Props total: 205 205
 AF1PIMPN said:

Pimp'n Says: Stupid mothafuqa u gotta be white. My family & I'm quite sure thousands of others watched Roots & Queen over da holidays bcuz it's our history. Why wouldn't we want our children of dis generation 2 know about how their ancestors were treated by dem evil son of a b!tches? White folk love 2 try pretend like da sh*t didn't happen & racism doesn't exist.
Yeah I'll watch Roots while I'm opening up my Christmas presents Any "black" person who feels like they gotta watch anything just because it depicts someone elses version of "black history" is an idiot. Whether its Roots or this bullsh*t QT just released. n*ggas came at me with that "you gotta go checkout Red Tails cause its about our Black Air Men" No I dont.

Pimp'n Says: You want your family to learn about true black history? It aint no sh*t you'll see aired on basic cable and especially on fake a.ss, gimmicky a.ss, need to be cancelled a.ss BET
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside The Deep Dark Web
104 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
May 19 - African Americans lead other minority groups in terms of spending pow..
73 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Giving out da ehroll and the wet noodle🍲
25 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Someone get F.B.I. Director James B. Comey on the line now!
40 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside This nigguh Don Q is a midget..No cap!!
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Cardi B Speech But She Only Makes Weird Noises
52 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside When you pretend her jokes are funnier than they are so you can smash
31 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Kobe's advice to Bron
66 comments
2 days ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy