Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
77 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
174 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
87 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '10        #241
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 bbrossy313 said:
Exactly Spike Lee is only mad because a White guy made a movie about slavery that is raw.
Pretty much.

Spike mad because Quentin made a movie about slavery that people are actually going to flock to see (sensationalized or not)

Spike knows if he made a movie about slavery, that sh*t would probably flop.

Quentin just makes movies that attract more attention than Spikes do and thats why Spike has always been jealous of Tarantino.
 5 years ago '10        #242
cottonman5grand 7 heat pts
space
space
$1,107 | Props total: 61 61
 S0ap said:
its really not even about giving another person to use a word, its more of giving anybody that wants to do something creative the okay to not give a fu*k about what anybody else thinks.

but seriously though, how are you gonna have a movie about slavery and not have a word synonymous with slavery? imagine watching a movie about the Vietnam War and words like "Gook" or "Charlie" not appearing because it's offensive to asians. It's just a realistic depiction of the time.
I can dig it bro....spike lee is a hater anyway....but im with u on it
 5 years ago '04        #243
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,612 | Props total: 4064 4064
 TheMindOf said:
Pretty much.

Spike mad because Quentin made a movie about slavery that people are actually going to flock to see (sensationalized or not)

Spike knows if he made a movie about slavery, that sh*t would probably flop.

Quentin just makes movies that attract more attention than Spikes do and thats why Spike has always been jealous of Tarantino.
Seriously ? Tarantino usually crowbars "The N Word" into his movies. If Spike made a movie about immigrants and Ellis Island and they used the word "Dago" or "wop" 200 times italian americans would be in an uproar. If anyone cant see why someone might not want to see the movie you are a fu*king moron. People act like he went on a rampage about the movie and why it is wrong to have made it etc. He COULD NOT have been more diplomatic. People need to reread his quote.

"It'd be disrespectful to my ancestors to see that film. That's the only thing I'm going to say. I can't disrespect my ancestors,"
What did he say that is so shocking ? Again you dont have to be "anti art" (which he never fu*king said he was)but get a fu*king clue and understand why someone just might not want to see this movie which is all he said .
 5 years ago '05        #244
Vancouver 11 heat pts11
space
space
$2,451 | Props total: 126 126
 Damagegadget said:
sorry my causcasian breds, but why do some of your fellow people always try sooooo hard to be able to use that word... its like they want to spit in peoples face and get away with it
I wanna speak on this because I've given quite a bit of thought to why a lot of white people feel the need to be able to say the word.

I think white people wanting to say the word so badly really shows the depths of white privilege in the last 500 or so years (since the rise of Europe out of the Dark Age). The way I see it, when a white person gets mad about not being able to say that word, they're basically saying "what, I can't have something? You know I'm WHITE, right? You know I get everything I want, right?" This is a generalization of course, not every white person has every privilege, I grew up poor, for example. But even in my multicultural neighbourhood, I was still poor and white, whereas a lot of my friends were poor and minorities (this is also my problem with people like V-nasty saying "but I grew up in the hood so I can say it!" No, there is still differences). These white people can't stand the fact that there is something they can't have, and that, to me, says a lot about their state of mind. I truly believe that humans have a lot of commonality and connectedness and we need to realize this in order to flourish. However, not only is there also difference, but there has also been wars in the past based on difference (real or perceived) as well. This past has created cleavages, and I don't see the problem in saying, "I'm not gonna say that word because it was used in hurtful ways and is still hurtful today." I don't see the problem in saying, "I don't know what it feels like to be called that word, but if you say it's hurtful, I'll take your word for it." If you're a white person and you can't react this way, but instead get mad that there is one word, ONE WORD, you can't say, you need to take a look in the mirror.

Besides, after watching and reading a few things about the horrors of the transatlantic slave trade, as a white person, I never want to be a.ssociated with that word. I don't know why any white person would. That's just my two cents on the matter.
 12-28-2012, 02:40 AM         #245
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I'd stick my d!ck in this bi*ches mouth just to shut her up, gotta admit she is attractive to me and funny....but some of her comments are

5 years ago '11        #246
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
$2,944 | Props total: 2812 2812
The movie is set in the year 1859 in the Deep South. The reason why there is gratuitous usage of the n-word is because unfortunately that was the reality of the time. It was a part of everyone's fluent speech, both black and white. Black people used it differently than white people did. Just like today. That ambivalence is illustrated in the film. Tarantino did not incorporate that type of speech to be deliberately hateful and insensitive. The times themselves were hateful and insensitive. I do not understand why our community is upset when in the film a slave is put in a position where he can exact revenge and does, completely. This is another example of people acting sensitive and being pussies instead of taking the time to scratch the surface and experience the story. Simple Simons make me sick to my stomach.
 5 years ago '07        #247
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 BaseWhitaker said:
The movie is set in the year 1859 in the Deep South. The reason why there is gratuitous usage of the n-word is because unfortunately that was the reality of the time. It was a part of everyone's fluent speech, both black and white. Black people used it differently than white people did. Just like today. That ambivalence is illustrated in the film. Tarantino did not incorporate that type of speech to be deliberately hateful and insensitive. The times themselves were hateful and insensitive. I do not understand why our community is upset when in the film a slave is put in a position where he can exact revenge and does, completely. This is another example of people acting sensitive and being pussies instead of taking the time to scratch the surface and experience the story. Simple Simons make me sick to my stomach.
 5 years ago '04        #248
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,745 | Props total: 11521 11521
 r.burgundy said:
 5 years ago '11        #249
BaseWhitaker 
space
space
$2,944 | Props total: 2812 2812
 r.burgundy said:
...The fu*k is the problem?
 5 years ago '04        #250
Rufus The Stunt 
space
space
space
$4,355 | Props total: 0 0
It's a Tarantino film.

It probably would have used ****** just as many times if they had been in outer space
 12-28-2012, 05:40 PM         #251
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 OnlyOriginality said:
BET which is owned by Viacom and has been for some time and it was being played to promote Djang., Idk about Kwanzaa but it hasn't been played in the past during christmas for umpteen years for Kwanzaa so I would say no on that note.
well good lookin out.

i actually turned it all excited thinking it was concert by The Roots... I was sadly mistaken
 12-28-2012, 07:18 PM         #252
s7venwords 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Sarah Silverman ‏@SarahKSilverman
Hitler and I are both brunette vegetarians #commonground

5 years ago '08        #253
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,978 | Props total: 5545 5545
 s7venwords said:
Sarah Silverman ‏@SarahKSilverman
Hitler and I are both brunette vegetarians #commonground

Isn't she a jew? Who the fu*k cares.
 5 years ago '08        #254
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Hawkins said:
Your kidding right? I stopped reading after your racist comment towards Mexicans.
k!ll yourself. I'd rather someone be blatantly racist than pretend to be so offended by racism all the while being a racist themselves....But its ok because its not against whites or black right? Dead yet?
People like that are fu*king clueless.
 5 years ago '08        #255
L.A's HiGhEsT 76 heat pts76
space
space
$2,186 | Props total: 1 1
 L.A's HiGhEsT said:

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '04        #256
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,346 | Props total: 2775 2775
 fetmod said:
While Language can be used artistically, words in themselves have no intrinsic artistic value except when manipulated by the human consciousness and supported by greater contextual relativity. The mere use of the word has no meaning: it is the way the word is applied in objective and subjective circumstances that creates it's legacy.

So I disagree with Silverman. Let Spike Lee make a movie about the Holocaust and use the word "kike" or "jesus k!ller" and see how fast the Jewish Defense League boycotts/blackball's the film and the studio. There's nothing wrong with Tarantino's use of the word per se, it's the questionable context he's been known to use it in. Case in point: the "dead ****** storage" bit in Pulp Fiction..
There is a show on Comedy Central called South Park. I heard it is very successful and filled many anti jews joke.
 5 years ago '07        #257
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,846 | Props total: 4830 4830
 BaseWhitaker said:
...The fu*k is the problem?
tha problem is captain obvious,that everybody knows n*gga was used in slavery times,at issue is tha directors history of usin tha word in his non-slavery pieces
 5 years ago '08        #258
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 VictoryThagr8 said:
There is a show on Comedy Central called South Park. I heard it is very successful and filled many anti jews joke.
 12-29-2012, 10:06 PM         #259
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
jews don't feel the need to whine and complain about it I guess
 12-29-2012, 10:41 PM         #260
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Scouser said:
why would they? they got billions in reparations, and museums built about the holocaust
they never lost their culture, their religion, their God, and family cohesiveness

when your on top - you dont complain
right or
so you just admitted if most black people were rich or had museums they wouldn't care about the word being used

thats pretty fu*king pathetic, right or....no, it would be pathetic that's right

family cohesiveness
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
91 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
83 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
What's the best punchline you heard this year?
102 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - China is raising the next generation of African elites by tra..
44 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside XXXTentacles facing 77 years in jail :niggaomg:
186 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New Pictures Of DG Yola In Jail
70 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I'm taking that one-way flight to London
16 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy