Sarah Silverman Defends Quentin Tarantino’s Use Of The N-Word: “You Can’t Tell Art What To Do” Read

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
85 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
55 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
256 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Isiah Thomas Says His Family was Worse than Lavar Ball "He Used to Rob Eve..
117 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #221
TrainWreck 
space
space
space
$1,045 | Props total: 0 0
I hope Spike doesnt listen to hip-hop or stand beside anyone else who uses the word regualarly either.

Its a word, yes it was used to slander an ethnic group for a while. But now that ethnic word gets used by the group who was slandered by it.

You can't have it both ways. Either stop using it all together or dont get mad when ANYONE (Brown, White, Black, Yellow, Green or fu*king Purple) uses it.

In my opinion, if its socially accepted for one group and one group only to use it, its racist. Either ALL or NOONE
 5 years ago '09        #222
TriniSoldier 64 heat pts64
space
space
$49,110 | Props total: 22564 22564
Django is a more sophisticated movie. It deliberately leads your sympathies to uncomfortable places. Because while you may or may not be laughing with or rooting for DiCaprio's homicidal charmer Candie, who has slaves ripped apart by dogs for fun and is the greatest and most enthusiastic proponent of mandingo f!ghting upon the land, you are definitely laughing with, and rooting for, Foxx's Django, who for the sake of his wife eventually acts the part of a slaver more vicious and heartless than any of his white contemporaries. How morally acceptable is it to laugh along with him or cheer when Django tells a group of slaves, "I'm worse than any of these white men here"? And how comfortable are you with your own white privilege, if that applies, or the white person sitting next to you in the theater, laughing his head off, if that applies, or the fact that this was all written by a white man whose relationship with black culture has always been somewhere between respectfully adulatory and borderline exploitative?

I'm a fan of a few of tarantino's movies, pulp fiction is a classic, but he does have some sh*t that makes me look at him sideways. Ultimately he don't give a fu*k what I think so it is what it is, but I thought that paragraph about the movie was interesting, read it almost a week ago.
 5 years ago '04        #223
GodsFavorite 101 heat pts101
space
space
space
$8,891 | Props total: 2952 2952
 r.burgundy said:
its all tha same money that funds these projects.i mean if u follow rap,his statement shouldnt even need clarification.but for u,im sure they will

Peace to all,

With all do respect to you all, Nas is NOBODY’s slave. This is not the 1800′s, respect me and I will respect you.
I won’t even tap dance around in an email, I will get right into it. People connect to the Artist @ the end of the day, they don’t connect with the executives. Honestly, nobody even cares what label puts out a great record, they care about who recorded it. Yet time and time again its the executives who always stand in the way of a creative artist’s dream and aspirations. You don’t help draw the truth from my deepest and most inner soul, you don’t even do a great job @ selling it. The #1 problem with DEF JAM is pretty simple and obvious, the executives think they are the stars. You aren’t…. not even close.

Lupe on “The Show Goes On”:

“I was specifically told” — Fiasco chuckled — “‘Don’t rap too deep on this record.’” He laughed some more. “That was a specific order from the top.

do u need more proof?
You missed the point. If the majority of black people bought more NAS albums and red tails tickets, and less wayne and tickets to degrading movies, the execs would want to fund them. Spielberg financed it himself because they thought it wouldn't turn a profit and guess what? nobody saw it. Im not even arguing race with you this is fundamental economics
 12-27-2012, 07:45 PM         #224
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:

[pic - click to view]

since I gave a response that you obviously couldn't refute you post a gif to express your new found apathy, typical a.ssistant bi*ch behavior.
 12-27-2012, 07:50 PM         #225
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 GodsFavorite said:
You missed the point. If the majority of black people bought more NAS albums and red tails tickets, and less wayne and tickets to degrading movies, the execs would want to fund them. Spielberg financed it himself because they thought it wouldn't turn a profit and guess what? nobody saw it. Im not even arguing race with you this is fundamental economics
You actually think movie execs give a fu*k about us. We don't hold as much economic power as you would like to portray, and even if you didn't know that reading these 14 pages should've given you that perspective.
 5 years ago '04        #226
Mr_Plenty 
space
space
$2,725 | Props total: 289 289
There are some good points in this thread.....
 5 years ago '05        #227
shady2624 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,368 | Props total: 102 102
 dman 4901 said:

kids who are 15 dont know sh*t about the real world an how it works they have no idea about what a conspiracy is.they are just kids going to school wanting to have fun dreaming about there first car an getting dates or simple sh*t.i dont work at mickey dees but i dont knock people who do because i'd rather them do that then home invansions an other sh*t that people do just to survive.id rather someone serve me doubles rather than bullets to keep it 100 so i dont knock anybodys job real talk.

i cant stand WSHH an hate everything about it, you wont every see me defending or even talking about that dumb a.ss site.If thats your cup of tee watever but that site is bullsh*t.Lastly i have already known bout dave i was watching his show an interviews before sh*t went into classic rotation

yes i do get mad about bullsh*t but who doesnt rite
Dude wrote a story about why he's mad...FOH!!!
 12-27-2012, 07:56 PM         #228
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:
I just don't give a fu*k about your excuse. You came in here firing off about a movie, immediately taking sides about a movie youve never seen before.

Sounds like retard to me.
Is that so?

OnlyOriginality said:
Ya'll white folks k!ll me. Ya'll say "o the movie is historically accurate.." When have you ever heard of a white man teaming up with a black man to rescue a black woman from a white plantation owner as 'historically depicted' in the movie?
Nope, I'm pretty sure I was firing off more on ya'll opnions, than the movie itself. Seems to me you lack comprehension skills and a tad bit of critical thinking skills, sounds like a functioning retard to me.
 5 years ago '11        #229
GetuOne 73 heat pts73
space
space
$4,475 | Props total: 6 6
 Rawfury said:
Am i the only one that would smash Sarah Silverman? on a side note?

I would. My girl knows I would too...... cuz I told her. She's got a filthy little mouth, you know she's a freak in the sack.
 5 years ago '12        #230
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 shady2624 said:
Dude wrote a story about why he's mad...FOH!!!
i was responding to like 4 different people with that multi-qoute thingy

sh*t looks like an essay cause it directed at like four different people
 12-27-2012, 08:21 PM         #231
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 AF1PIMPN said:

Pimp'n Says: Stupid mothafuqa u gotta be white. My family & I'm quite sure thousands of others watched Roots & Queen over da holidays bcuz it's our history. Why wouldn't we want our children of dis generation 2 know about how their ancestors were treated by dem evil son of a b!tches? White folk love 2 try pretend like da sh*t didn't happen & racism doesn't exist.
I was actually wondering why they played Roots all day too. (im white obviously) It just seemed liked odd timing to play a movie about the violent past especially While most people watch happy movies during the holidays.

Is that a regular thing people watch for kwanzaa or somthing?

Im seriously not even trying to troll, just would like to get enlightened on the subject of why BET feels christmas day is a great time to have a Roots Marathon
 12-27-2012, 08:27 PM         #232
Hawkins 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 April Babii said:
I went to see the flick in the whitest theater in town. Mostly due to the fact that the theater we frequent recently closed down. Movie wasn't bad. In fact, it was exactly what I expected from Tarantino. I did hear the laughs and snickers from white cats during the movie. funny thing is, me and my girl were sitting next to a white couple and let's say they didn't laugh too much.
I bet they were scared to offend you, rite? Because if they laughed they are racist.
 12-27-2012, 08:29 PM         #233
bbrossy313 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Bama Boy said:
She got a point about the slavery part too... fu*k did Spike Lee want the slave owners in the movie to call em? "jiggaboos" or "spooks"? no he woulda complained about that too... its only okay for him to use the N-word a 100 times in a movie...
Exactly Spike Lee is only mad because a White guy made a movie about slavery that is raw.
 12-27-2012, 08:30 PM         #234
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 bbrossy313 said:
I was actually wondering why they played Roots all day too. (im white obviously) It just seemed liked odd timing to play a movie about the violent past especially While most people watch happy movies during the holidays.

Is that a regular thing people watch for kwanzaa or somthing?

Im seriously not even trying to troll, just would like to get enlightened on the subject of why BET feels christmas day is a great time to have a Roots Marathon
BET which is owned by Viacom and has been for some time and it was being played to promote Djang., Idk about Kwanzaa but it hasn't been played in the past during christmas for umpteen years for Kwanzaa so I would say no on that note.
 5 years ago '05        #235
shady2624 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$1,368 | Props total: 102 102
 dman 4901 said:
i was responding to like 4 different people with that multi-qoute thingy

sh*t looks like an essay cause it directed at like four different people
and the dude is still here and he's still angry!!!!!

12-27-2012, 08:41 PM         #236
Hawkins 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Peterparker said:
Oh I'm a.ssuming South Texas so you must be a taco eater...yeah some of yall mothafu*kas always tryna slide yall wet a.sses in a race convo concerning black and white relations. And for some reason find ya a.sses taking up for the whites who really don't want anything to do w/ yall but for you all to keep up w/ the lawn w/ a smile

And I find it funny most non-blacks agree w/ each other yet most blacks in here agree w/ each other

See race relations will never get better on this planet. Cuz majority of you white folks don't even try to understand black ppl. You just take on the same ignorance of our culture as your ancestors did. Just because you listen to rap and laugh at a black comic I know you think you're not racist. But it's obvious you have a superiority complex when compared to other ppl of color. It's the Amerikkkan way baby. That way of thinking consumes you. It consumes us as black ppl.

The same relations that went on during the times of slavery still exist to this day. This thread is living proof of that.
Your kidding right? I stopped reading after your racist comment towards Mexicans.
k!ll yourself. I'd rather someone be blatantly racist than pretend to be so offended by racism all the while being a racist themselves....But its ok because its not against whites or black right? Dead yet?
 5 years ago '06        #237
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 909 909
 OnlyOriginality said:
Listen a.ssistant bi*ch, I have yet to see the movie so I'm not going to comment on this white man's portrayal of slavery. But ya'll in here boosting the movie like it's a goddamn documentary talkin about it's historically accurate so just like how ya'll like to twist the words of these blacks posters in here I'll do the same with ya'll
You just went full retard.

Never go full retard.
 5 years ago '04        #238
ddash 1 heat pts
space
space
$22,975 | Props total: 3472 3472
 OldeEnglish22oz said:
Hitler's been dead for years now too, doesn't mean that his ideas still don't exist, with skin heads and neo-nazi parties.

The ideology still exists today. That's why we still have racism today and we have that false sense of racial superiority.

We see it in politics, we see it in the corporate office, we see it with our police force.

That's what white people really don't get.

I could care less about slavery,the problem is that the mindset of feeling superior,doing whatever to demean and stop the progress of black people and out right racism never died with it and looks like it never will.

The nerve of this bi*ch tho.
 5 years ago '12        #239
dman 4901 38 heat pts38
space
space
$6,080 | Props total: 5606 5606
 shady2624 said:
and the dude is still here and he's still angry!!!!!

12-27-2012, 10:12 PM         #240
OnlyOriginality 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr Kush said:
You just went full retard.

Never go full retard.
Corny af
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
105 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
39 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
109 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
19 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Infinity War Countdown - 140 days left: Disney pulls dick out on the entertain..
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
65 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy