Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons

most viewed right now
 162
The pyramids were what?
53 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 90
Image(s) inside How the hell did Jaden Smith smash Sarahfu-kingsnyder !
38 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 86
Image(s) inside Nicki Minaj hating on Cardi B and Offsets love?
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 74
Video inside Pusha T's brother 'No Malice' speaks on Drake Ye & Kim K
51 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 12-26-2012, 10:55 AM         #61
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 dman 4901 said:
theres great black directors out there stop fronting
Know what im saying?

On some "if you find me a black director AS GREAT as Tarrantino we can talk" type sh*t.
 5 years ago '06        #62
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$2,557 | Props total: 981 981
Jews get protected in Hollywood no doubt, but I think a movie that depicts racism toward any other ethnicity/cultural group would still be as successful and as great as Django is
 12-26-2012, 11:00 AM         #63
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Mr Kush said:
Because socio-economically blacks (and other minorities) are at a disadvantage in America and oftentimes do not have the same access as aspiring white directors to secondary education, career networking, and other opportunities.

Yet in spite of all of that, Tarantino is a superior director to any black director. Maybe in 10-15 years when there are more qualified black directors one of them will take a shot at covering slavery in a feature-length film.
I agree and I disagree at the same time. I'll just leave it at that.

Baked mac and cheese!
 5 years ago '08        #64
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,215 | Props total: 5549 5549
 Mr Kush said:
Because socio-economically blacks (and other minorities) are at a disadvantage in America and oftentimes do not have the same access as aspiring white directors to secondary education, career networking, and other opportunities.

Yet in spite of all of that, Tarantino is a superior director to any black director. Maybe in 10-15 years when there are more qualified black directors one of them will take a shot at covering slavery in a feature-length film.


Now your just talking outta your a.ss... You don't even know any black director outside of Spike, John Singlton and Antone Fuquia. Get the fu*k outta here with that not qualified sh*t, how the fu*k do you know who's qualified and who's not? Whats the qualification for making a slave film fu*k boy? All of the above directors I named alone have a higher education then Tarantino. Shut the fu*k up idiot.


Last edited by Soda Pop; 12-26-2012 at 11:03 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #65
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$2,557 | Props total: 981 981
 Soda Pop said:


Now your just talking outta your a.ss... You don't even know any black director outside of Spike, John Singlton and Antone Fuquia. Get the fu*k outta here with that not qualified shim how the fu*k do you know who's qualified and who's not? Whats the qualification for making a slave film fu*k boy? All of the above directors I named alone have a higher education then Tarantino. Shut the fu*k up idiot.
Lol why you so mad kid?

He asked why a slave movie with a black director wouldn't have same amount of popularity and appeal as a Tarantino movie and it's pretty simple answer to me. Tarantino is one of the best directors EVER, gets all the best actors, and has directed many CLASSIC movies. Unfortunately due to the fact that we are only recently removed from the civil rights era and socio-economically minorities are at a disadvantage there aren't many quality black directors on Tarantino's level, however I see that changing within the next 10-15 years because there are already many very talented black actors which means more quality black directors will come in time.

And I didn't say Tarantino had a higher education than those black directors just what white directors in general have had more opportunities in the past making them better directors. However like I said because of the direction our country is going in there are going to be more quality black directors in the future.

I have no clue what I said that would offend you
 5 years ago '08        #66
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,215 | Props total: 5549 5549
 Mr Kush said:
Lol why you so mad kid?

He asked why a slave movie with a black director wouldn't have same amount of popularity and appeal as a Tarantino movie and it's pretty simple answer to me. Tarantino is one of the best directors EVER, gets all the best actors, and has directed many CLASSIC movies. Unfortunately due to the fact that we are only recently removed from the civil rights era and socio-economically minorities are at a disadvantage there aren't many quality black directors on Tarantino's level, however I see that changing within the next 10-15 years because there are already many very talented black actors which means more quality black directors will come in time.

And I didn't say Tarantino had a higher education than those black directors just what white directors in general have had more opportunities in the past making them better directors. However like I said because of the direction our country is going in there are going to be more quality black directors in the future.

I have no clue what I said that would offend you
You said Tarantino is better then all black directors, I disagree with that. He does have more opportunity to shoot what he wants. He's in my top 3 but I know from his mouth he's scared to make films because he doesn't want to make a bad one. Hence the reason he only has 7 over 20 years. What pissed me off is you speaking on qualification and education. I'm in school now for film knowing that whatever degree I finish with is not gonna make me "qualified" in Hollyweirds eyes. It's more to it then that, Spike Lee masters degree and he can't get what he wants made. Education has sh*t to do with film making, QT stopped in like 9th grade. Hollywood is disneyland for racist and that's that, no other explanation for some the bullsh*t that goes on in the Hollywood system.
 5 years ago '06        #67
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$2,557 | Props total: 981 981
 Soda Pop said:
You said Tarantino is better then all black directors, I disagree with that. He does have more opportunity to shoot what he wants. He's in my top 3 but I know from his mouth he's scared to make films because he doesn't want to make a bad one. Hence the reason he only has 7 over 20 years. What pissed me off is you speaking on qualification and education. I'm in school now for film knowing that whatever degree I finish with is not gonna make me "qualified" in Hollyweirds eyes. It's more to it then that, Spike Lee masters degree and he can't get what he wants made. Education has sh*t to do with film making, QT stopped inn like 9th grade. Hollywood is disneyland for racist and that's that, no other explanation for some the bullsh*t that goes on in the Hollywood system.
Oh, I understand now. I struck a chord with the education comment. If you re-read my posts though I didn't put much emphasis at all on education, more-so white privilege in general. I know that QT dropped out of HS.

A poster asked me why can't a black director direct a slave movie with as much popularity, appeal, and viewer interest as QT can.

Do you think there is a black director out there with the name recognition of the Tarantino brand, the recent resume (within last 20 years), and the ability to get a stacked cast like QT? <<< The answer to the question:
 "ManWithoutFearI said:
Im more so a little vexed that muthafuhkin 2012 we cant get a black director to do a film about these type of things and get the same "excitement and praise" as a white guy?
And in my opinion QT is a better director than any current black director. However QT ranks very very high on my list of current directors still doing it, so that's why I said that. It doesn't even have to be a race thing I just have him top 5ish on my current list so he has better than 99% of directors out there to me.
 5 years ago '04        #68
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$24,852 | Props total: 13882 13882
 STAY ASLEEP said:
Quentins southern accent is god awful
he was Australian.


 12-26-2012, 11:49 AM         #69
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
where can I get a link to the 2pac song?
 5 years ago '04        #70
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$24,852 | Props total: 13882 13882
 Mr Kush said:
Actually, one of the most important points of Hitler's anti-semetic brainwashing amongst the German people was turning the word "Jew" into a derogatory term. Much like "Gay" and "Homo" have been turned into homophobic terms in the US.

Stop reaching bro. Reach for a history book instead mane.
ether
 5 years ago '05        #71
HARBINGER 450 heat pts450
space
avatar space
space
$49,974 | Props total: 8560 8560
 Mr Kush said:
Because socio-economically blacks (and other minorities) are at a disadvantage in America and oftentimes do not have the same access as aspiring white directors to secondary education, career networking, and other opportunities.

Yet in spite of all of that, Tarantino is a superior director to any black director. Maybe in 10-15 years when there are more qualified black directors one of them will take a shot at covering slavery in a feature-length film.
As much as you worship this man none of his family was slaves and hes never been called a n'gger so how is he better suited to tell a black mans story then a black man?
 5 years ago '06        #72
Stupid Fresh 188 heat pts188
space
avatar space
space
$25,171 | Props total: 7313 7313
wheres the lnk
 5 years ago '06        #73
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
avatar space
space
$2,557 | Props total: 981 981
 critiQue said:
As much as you worship this man none of his family was slaves and hes never been called a n'gger so how is he better suited to tell a black mans story then a black man?
Point me to a director once owned by a white man and I'll agree with you. Should a psycho have directed American Psycho? Should a marine direct that new Osama movie coming out? Why didn't a man from Bethleham direct Passion of The Christ? Why didn't a former NFL player direct Any Given Sunday? Why didn't a white supremacist direct American History X?

I don't understand what you're getting at. In order to direct something you need to experience it? Hollywood would be a lot less creative if you were in charge..
 5 years ago '05        #74
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$12,559 | Props total: 4275 4275
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Umm...

Go on..umm what?
 12-26-2012, 12:13 PM         #75
Spid3yo 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
People taking this movie way too seriously. While there is racially charged humor, there also is gripping and dramatic portrayals of slavery. It's all done in a smart way, as in there is a clear distinction on the part you are suppose to laugh at, and the parts you arn't If you are looking for a real life account of slavery this isn't the movie for you.

The editing was questionable, the violence gratuitous. This movie delivers a great experience that tests a wide range of human emotion.
 5 years ago '08        #76
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$10,215 | Props total: 5549 5549
 Mr Kush said:
Oh, I understand now. I struck a chord with the education comment. If you re-read my posts though I didn't put much emphasis at all on education, more-so white privilege in general. I know that QT dropped out of HS.

A poster asked me why can't a black director direct a slave movie with as much popularity, appeal, and viewer interest as QT can.

Do you think there is a black director out there with the name recognition of the Tarantino brand, the recent resume (within last 20 years), and the ability to get a stacked cast like QT? <<< The answer to the question:

And in my opinion QT is a better director than any current black director. However QT ranks very very high on my list of current directors still doing it, so that's why I said that. It doesn't even have to be a race thing I just have him top 5ish on my current list so he has better than 99% of directors out there to me.
He's in my top 3 as well but I have Spike and Scorsese above him. Django was not a fu*king slave film at all there's is nothing historically accurate in it besides that there's slaves.

To answer your question which is not a clear cut answer, yes. Heres the thing QT doesn't have the resume in films that Spike has. If Spike has just 7 films he'd be on Crooklyn.

Moving away from Spike, Tim Story has an extremely diverse resume when it comes the actors he's worked with, but doesn't have the name. I do think he could pull if off if given the opportunity. F Gary Gray is another name director with one of the better resumes, Forest Whitaker, John Singleton, Stan Lathan etc. Any of these guys could direct a slave film or any other black film but a) won't get a 83 mil budget b) won't get the studios support and a Christmas release c) would be twice as crucified if they made a violent black film let alone with that violence directed at white folk.

My whole point was it's not qualification and it's not skill level it's opportunity right now. This movie has a great story but technically it was lacking the pop of k!ll Bill or Pulp Fiction. Thinking of the power QT has in hollywood is crazy because theres no way any Black director could get this make made. If on an equal playing field I have no doubt they could make the film and probably make it more realistic.
 5 years ago '08        #77
SlickJ101 25 heat pts25
space
avatar space
space
$13,817 | Props total: 7166 7166
 Patrick Galooly said:
I'm sure the Germans had their slurs for Jewish people, point is he stayed the fu*k away from using them. Like I said Tarentino knows who to fu*k with and who to stay away from.
Sensitive motherfu*ker
 12-26-2012, 12:20 PM         #78
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Galooly is a sensitive pus*y, I didn't realize that was news around here
 5 years ago '05        #79
dg177bx 25 heat pts25
space
space
space
$7,606 | Props total: 1 1
 Soda Pop said:
He's in my top 3 as well but I have Spike and Scorsese above him. Django was not a fu*king slave film at all there's is nothing historically accurate in it besides that there's slaves.

To answer your question which is not a clear cut answer, yes. Heres the thing QT doesn't have the resume in films that Spike has. If Spike has just 7 films he'd be on Crooklyn.

Moving away from Spike, Tim Story has an extremely diverse resume when it comes the actors he's worked with, but doesn't have the name. I do think he could pull if off if given the opportunity. F Gary Gray is another name director with one of the better resumes, Forest Whitaker, John Singleton, Stan Lathan etc. Any of these guys could direct a slave film or any other black film but a) won't get a 83 mil budget b) won't get the studios support and a Christmas release c) would be twice as crucified if they made a violent black film let alone with that violence directed at white folk.

My whole point was it's not qualification and it's not skill level it's opportunity right now. This movie has a great story but technically it was lacking the pop of k!ll Bill or Pulp Fiction. Thinking of the power QT has in hollywood is crazy because theres no way any Black director could get this make made. If on an equal playing field I have no doubt they could make the film and probably make it more realistic.

jesus christ shut the fu*k up you sensitive bastard
 5 years ago '04        #80
Djkommish6 
space
avatar space
space
$2,973 | Props total: 67 67
I liked it. I was offended at parts but PEOPLE need to know the slave times story. They think it didn't exist or that it wasnt that bad because time has gone by. NO this slavery is why stuff is still messed up in this country. Jamie foxx k!lling all them hatred filled, bigoted people made up for it...hahaha
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 46
Image(s) inside PAWG got no chill (#Jheeez)
44 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 44
Image(s) inside May 25 - Rachel Dolezal faces 15 yrs in prison if convicted of felony ..
47 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 34
Image(s) inside The Frame on this AMAZON.com/Ninimour Model tho...
59 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 24
Article inside Reboot your router
47 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
 17
Drake- Iím Upset
422 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 13
Video inside J Prince says a rogue DEA hitman was contracted to kill him!
79 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 9
Video inside BREAKING - Chi Wire: MUBU Krump (The ScoreKeeper) DEAD !
128 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 8
Article inside A$AP Rocky Outsells Pusha T w/ No Buzz In 1st Week Sales Prediction (..
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy