Django Unchained Review: Pros and Cons

most viewed right now
 126
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
31 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 61
Image(s) inside Ayo Cardi B sister tho.....!!!
64 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 60
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
97 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 41
Image(s) inside Charlamagne Tha god & Joe Budden Working On A New Show.
147 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 01-01-2013, 01:52 PM         #181
Throbbin' Thicke 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
I saw the movie last night. And i can say I was NOT offended one bit. As a black man seeing some of the things portrayed in this movie that actually took place in real life made you feel some kind of way, that this sh*t actually happened.

But I was never offended and it was a great movie that I think will go down as a classic with tons of replay value. Tarantino is definitely my favorite director. Not gonna spoil it for anyone but had I saw Samuel L Jackson right after I saw that movie I would have legit slapped the sh*t out of him
 5 years ago '08        #182
V.R. Nabor 1 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$5,154 | Props total: 3185 3185
3.5/5 writing wasn't that great in the movie as the story, only parts I enjoyed were the k!lling.. And who was that white chick with the axe that had her face covered when they were in Mississippi
 5 years ago '10        #183
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,172 | Props total: 8212 8212
As a black man, i walked out of that theater feeling like a million bucks.

I'm going go out on a limb and say that this movie was Quentin Tarantino's middle finger to White Republicans and Racists out there. I think its pretty dope that a white director is basically standing on a table shouting "See what your ancestors were doing to these people and you think this is something they should be over with by now???" No black director could get this movie through Hollywood, including Spike Lee.

Dope movie
 01-01-2013, 07:19 PM         #184
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
the pros outweigh the cons, but there are quite a few cons. For starters, it was too long, 15-20 minutes shorter and it would have been a better movie. Also, why wouldn't they have just straight up offered the money for the girl? There was no real reason for them to pretend they wanted a different slave, that really made very little sense, kinda seemed like a contrived plot-line, and the tension based on their pretending was not nearly as strong as in Inglorious Basterds (ex. Basement bar scene vs. dinner scene with Leo and Sam Jackson). Probably because there was no good reason for the pretending in Django, while in Basterds the pretending was vital to the whole 'master plan.' Inglorious Basterds did not have a single con. Django was dope though, definitely gonna watch it several times at a minimum, maybe once more before it leaves theaters.


Last edited by Bob Sacamano; 01-01-2013 at 07:24 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #185
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
avatar space
space
$15,172 | Props total: 8212 8212
 Bob Sacamano said:
the pros outweigh the cons, but there are quite a few cons. For starters, it was too long, 15-20 minutes shorter and it would have been a better movie. Also, why wouldn't they have just straight up offered the money for the girl? There was no real reason for them to pretend they wanted a different slave, that really made very little sense, kinda seemed like a contrived plot-line, and the tension based on their pretending was not nearly as strong as in Inglorious Basterds (ex. Basement bar scene vs. dinner scene with Leo and Sam Jackson). Inglorious Basterds did not have a single con. Django was dope though, definitely gonna watch it several times at a minimum, maybe once more before it leaves theaters.
:snoopcmonson: I was gonna call you dumb... but that wouldn't be appropriate. You just ignorant to that part of the hustle. He explained why he they should find another avenue. Its also a strategic and often used move in negotiations and cons. Read 48 laws of power and the story about the yellow kid and the boxing match. It makes perfect sense. This still happens today. Read up on Bruce Ratner and why he brought the Nets.
 01-01-2013, 07:48 PM         #186
Bob Sacamano 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nautilus O said:
:snoopcmonson: I was gonna call you dumb... but that wouldn't be appropriate. You just ignorant to that part of the hustle. He explained why he they should find another avenue. Its also a strategic and often used move in negotiations and cons. Read 48 laws of power and the story about the yellow kid and the boxing match. It makes perfect sense. This still happens today. Read up on Bruce Ratner and why he brought the Nets.
I mean, I took a klonopin and smoked a joint before seeing the movie, so I very well could be forgetful about some details and therefore wrong about that statement. Hence, why I wana see the movie again. I'm not dumb though, that would have been inappropriate and inaccurate hah.

Didn't Leo agree to sell the chick for 12k after finding out that they lied to him bout their intentions? Why wouldn't have he agreed if they were simply honest and forthright?
 5 years ago '04        #187
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 Bob Sacamano said:
I mean, I took a klonopin and smoked a joint before seeing the movie, so I very well could be forgetful about some details and therefore wrong about that statement. Hence, why I wana see the movie again. I'm not dumb though, that would have been inappropriate and inaccurate hah.

Didn't Leo agree to sell the chick for 12k after finding out that they lied to him bout their intentions? Why wouldn't have he agreed if they were simply honest and forthright?
the whole thing was explained clearly in the movie

they didn't want to make an outright offer for the girl because they were afraid Leo would just say No.
 5 years ago '05        #188
JimDinO77 14 heat pts14
space
avatar space
space
$22,099 | Props total: 4231 4231
this movie was dope as fu*kkkkkkK!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHH !!!!!!
 5 years ago '08        #189
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
avatar space
space
$13,358 | Props total: 272 272
great movie. my gf who is white, thought they did overuse the n word, but if im watching a movie from that time period, then i expect the realism. sam jack def played the uncle ruckus role to the max, made you laugh and hate him at the same time.

that rick ross track was dope and fit perfectly for that scene.

and i knew tarintino would make an appearance in the movie, but that had to be the worst of all the appearances he has made in his movies. it really felt like they picked some joe schmo off the street to spit a few lines and he was trying too hard.
 5 years ago '04        #190
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
I actually thought the N-word was under used in the film just by a little

There were definitely some moments here and there where I expected the white folk to say the N-word again but they didn't or referred to them by something else.
 5 years ago '11        #191
ImODbored 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$590 | Props total: 90 90
Yoo props to anybody who knows Dr. Schultz catchphrase after he k!lls a criminal! i Thought he said something along the lines of "see you later" in german or french, but i cant find the sh*t.
 01-02-2013, 07:53 AM         #192
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Kerri Washington got fu*ked up in this movie
 01-02-2013, 08:26 AM         #193
Braz 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Samuel L's character embarassed the hell outta me and I'm not even black
 5 years ago '04        #194
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,807 | Props total: 1830 1830
 ImODbored said:
Yoo props to anybody who knows Dr. Schultz catchphrase after he k!lls a criminal! i Thought he said something along the lines of "see you later" in german or french, but i cant find the sh*t.
Auf Wiedersehen - it's how you say goodbye/see you later in german.
 5 years ago '11        #195
ImODbored 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$590 | Props total: 90 90
 psylence2k said:
Auf Wiedersehen - it's how you say goodbye/see you later in german.
Good looks homie!
 5 years ago '05        #196
Gravediggaz 13 heat pts13
space
avatar space
space
$6,532 | Props total: 161 161
you guys are so lucky! I live in Australia and gotta wait til the 24th of this month for movie to come out....I want to see this sooo bad!
 01-04-2013, 12:17 AM         #197
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 iPunish901 said:
great movie. my gf who is white, thought they did overuse the n word, but if im watching a movie from that time period, then i expect the realism. sam jack def played the uncle ruckus role to the max, made you laugh and hate him at the same time.

that rick ross track was dope and fit perfectly for that scene.

and i knew tarintino would make an appearance in the movie, but that had to be the worst of all the appearances he has made in his movies. it really felt like they picked some joe schmo off the street to spit a few lines and he was trying too hard.
I personally didn't feel the word was used out of context, if you get what I mean. People on here made it sound like ti was every other word. Was it used excessively in some scenes? Yes but it seemed like it was warranted to the conversation they were having.

Tarantino's accent was fu*king awful


[spoiler - click to view]



I knew that chick with the axe was the stunt woman from death Proof when I saw her but I couldn't rememebr her name till they showed it in the credits. And dude who was s3x machine in From Dusk Till Dawn was in the dog scene as well

 brazidee said:
Samuel L's character embarassed the hell outta me and I'm not even black
forreal he came on and I think the audience I saw it with didn't know whether to laugh or be silent while he was on saying some stuff

 Gravediggaz said:
you guys are so lucky! I live in Australia and gotta wait til the 24th of this month for movie to come out....I want to see this sooo bad!
trust me man it doesn't matter when it comes out you'll wanna see it again IMO


Last edited by Cheeze; 01-04-2013 at 12:19 AM..
 5 years ago '06        #198
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$9,630 | Props total: 2329 2329
Finally relented & went to see it. Was really prepared to not like it & I see all Tarantino movies. The trailers didn't give me the sense that slavery was given it's proper gravity & trivialized. I was 1000% wrong. This is a well rounded movie that doesn't take the teeth out of slavery. It actually tries to present the depth of layers of slavery. All the main characters really represent the totality slavery's differing aspects. The strength & courage of Django. The coniving & self loathing of Stephen. The cavalier cruelty of the Candies. The blood lust & depravity of the Brittle Bros. The hope, love, perserverance of Hildy. The indifference & then humanity of Dr. Schultz. The weary anger of the slaves. Everything in this movie had purpose. It is amazing. Nothing felt outta place. Even the random a.ss cameos. The story was simple enough that adding slavery to it allowed it to be fully examined w/o straying away from the main plotline of Django & Hildy. Almost like 3 movies in 1. Great western. Great love story. Great drama about slavery. And the comedy is warranted as well. At times very awkward black comedy (no pun), but great comedy none the less. This aint a movie for everybody. It's honestly not very disturbing if you have any understanding of the institution of slavery. It wasn't pretty, and to lessen that aspect of the movie would be disrespectful & a total lie. It also gives Django's journey a level of desperation that draws you in deeper. He HAS to rescue Hildy & we HAVE to see it. As a Black Man, Samuel L's Stephen character was my unrivaled favorite. His antaganism of Django/Hildy to me, made the movie. The subtext of the Black Man vs ****** mentalities is something I have very rarely seen played out so masterfully. I dunno if that was QT alone, or a collaboration between him/Sam L/ J Foxx, but it was genius. I could go on, but it would be overkill. Point being, this is an amazing movie. If you're skeptical, give it a chance. Best use of 3hrs in such a long time.
 5 years ago '07        #199
Syphernix 9 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,308 | Props total: 25 25
 Cheeze said:
I personally didn't feel the word was used out of context, if you get what I mean. People on here made it sound like ti was every other word. Was it used excessively in some scenes? Yes but it seemed like it was warranted to the conversation they were having.
100% agree people on here and certain reviews made it seem like every 5 seconds it was said

as far as samuel jackson, i thought his character was funny, the beginning scene when he was talking about django in the big house and burning the bed, sheets, etc i laughed cause 1) its just a character 2) thats fu*king uncle ruckus 3) thats supposedly how "house n*ggas" were....in thinking they were an extension of their master
 5 years ago '04        #200
GollyI'mGully 69 heat pts69
space
avatar space
space
$7,735 | Props total: 400 400
samuel l jackson's character reminded me of clayton bigsby

it was a terrific movie and i wasn't offended by the use of "******"
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 50
Video inside 2 Arrest Made in The Murder of Rapper Chinx
108 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 39
50 Cent screenshots Holyfathersteve’s thread
227 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside Michael Blackson comes for Kevin Hart, t.i. Comments
159 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 35
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
49 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 21
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
115 comments
21 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Who is she!!
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 16
Here is what Disney now owns.
77 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 16
Video inside Walmart employee smokes weed in front of shoppers
64 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy