Interscope Reportedly Cancels Chief Keef’s Tour

most viewed right now
Post Malone almost commits career suicide on stream
141 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
48 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
119 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rare Pics of B.G. Derrick (N.O. Rap)
72 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #141
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 TheMindOf said:
That in itself should be your motivation to be about your sh*t and do what you gotta do to get out.

If that's not. Then his daughter should have been..

If sh*t like that can't motivate you, than there's no pep talk or motivational speech in the world that will.

When n*ggas like Lupe tried to talk some sense into this n*gga, this is what he got

[pic - click to view]

And thats a n*gga from his same city, who made it out.

50 tried to guide him. He aint listen to him either.

fu*k else y'all want?
exactly, Lupe came from the same sh*t and everything, and i know n*ggas say he in a different lane, but when Lupe first came out, he was a gangsta rapper, put he decided to change the direction of his life and spit on some positive sh*t.

and 50 cent put in hella work in the streets and he spoke to Keef also, so it was wasnt like dudes who knew the streets didnt help him. Keef is just dumb, it has nothing to do with much else

n*ggas always have an excuse for failure that doesnt require taking personal responsibility

Last edited by nightmare; 12-24-2012 at 02:20 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #142
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 ronin said:
funny thing is though, when people catch on to 1 gimmick the think-tanks at these labels seem to be able to sh*t out another gimmick that catches on like H1N1 scares
Sad but true.........
 12-24-2012, 02:36 PM         #143
cheguevara 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
im glad

i hate the whole new chitown movement, these lame low life n*ggas.
 5 years ago '05        #144
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 kidd247 said:
For real though.. I mean truthfully I hope this guy finds something he's good at and sticks with it, I don't like to see anyone down and out. But when you're blessed with opportunity you gotta take that and run with it. I'm not saying he should have put out a gospel album but damn, at least something uplifting to motivate people in your age group and from the same background to do better. Not music glorifying "that life" which will only result in more violence and ignorance.
my exact feelings man. i am not cheering that his career is in jeopardy, but i do hope it starts to resonate within his mind that he has a gift/opportunity that seldom few who strive to get it ever obtain's it.

Hopefully the young dude starts to sober up from the head-rush of being success in this music industry and starts to take advantage of his opportunities in a more positive manner.
 5 years ago '05        #145
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Chris daRealist said:
You gotta remember keef is autistic so he struggles with that, alot of things that are easy and common sense to you aint the same for him.
But Autism affects Social and Communication skills though right? so how is him having autism affecting his business relations? (I am genuinely asking, because I do not know much on autism.)

but on the real, his family or someone in the industry needs to really scoop him up under their wing and weed out the leeches in his inner circle. your peer's can be your downfall quicker than ANYTHING else.
 5 years ago '12        #146
hou12 
space
space
$6,624 | Props total: 908 908
Some questions.

1. What is "substance" and why do a lot of you find it necessary in music, of all things?

2. Where is this "substance" in movies, & television, & on the internet?

3. Why do a lot of you feel a rapper is responsible for doing anything but making the music that he wants to make? Why does a rapper have to uplift or motivate anyone or anything?

4. Do you really think it's a rapper's fault that a bunch of stupid a.ss kids can't think for themselves? And do you really think the majority of kids are that stupid?

5. If Chief Keef's album was full of "substance" would you really listen to it? Would anyone?

6. Do all of your favorite albums, tv shows, & movies have "substance"?
 12-24-2012, 03:23 PM         #147
SouLow 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Chris daRealist said:
You gotta remember keef is autistic so he struggles with that, alot of things that are easy and common sense to you aint the same for him.
hes not actually autistic....

why do yall n*ggas just regurgitate what yall read online?
 5 years ago '05        #148
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 hou12 said:
Some questions.

1. What is "substance" and why do a lot of you find it necessary in music, of all things?

3. Why do a lot of you feel a rapper is responsible for doing anything but making the music that he wants to make? Why does a rapper have to uplift or motivate anyone or anything?

4. Do you really think it's a rapper's fault that a bunch of stupid a.ss kids can't think for themselves? And do you really think the majority of kids are that stupid?

5. If Chief Keef's album was full of "substance" would you really listen to it? Would anyone?

(these answers is how I see sh*t, by no means are they thee definitive answers)

1. Substance, when you have my attention for the next 3-to-5 minutes I would like to see things through your eyes about the sh*t that's going on in the world. bragging about how many women you've been with, who you're going to k!ll, how much drug usage you do is NOT relevant to MY life.

Tell a n*gga how you feel about the economy, the political system, what you think about scientific topics, etc. might be considered corny but that's what I would like to see being discussed. or atleast utilize your imagination in a thought provoking manner.

1b. Music is a platform/medium that has the ability to do alot more than just entertain. I feel alot of musicians and fan's use music solely for entertainment purposes when you can look back in history and see how Music can cause people to want to evolve (mentally and socially) for the better. Music is VERY powerful, from the tone's used in the instrumentals/instruments to the words and thought's implanted by the vocabulary of the artist infront of the microphone.

2. There are movies, tv shows and internet sites with substance. Movies such as "City of Gods" was/is a really powerful thought provoking film, "Inception" is a movie with substance as it sparks the imagination and get's people interested in learning more about dreaming which leads to psychology. Television shows, "Enter the Wormhole" and "How's it Made" has substance, on the internet there is a TON of different sites where users/surfers can learn new sh*t, hell even cracked.com which is a comedy site can teach you about sh*t you didn't know through an entertaining format.

3. Because (to piggy back off my answer in 1b) a rapper/musician is almost more influential then a listeners parents. an easy example to draw up is how musicians push fashion, clothes that are "Hip" now, is "hip" because of major rappers/musicians who put their "Stamp" on it.

Even political issues can be influenced by musicians and the best example of this is when that whole bullsh*t "Vote or Die" sh*t came about.

4. Do I think majority of the kids are stupid? fu*k no, but they are being mislead and are being feed a false reality on things. Yes, it is the rappers fault (to a certain extent). Again, check back to my answer in 1b.

5. Yes, I don't want a gospel of "happy cheerful" rap album from a "hardcore rapper", I will use the example of "Immortal Technique". his raps are FAR from "Happy Cheerful" BUT he ALWAYS brings up thought provoking and thought inspiring subject matter in his works. if Keef happened to be more of a "Reporter" and "Philosopher" as opposed to a "Promoter" and "Antagonist" I would listen to the album, but I can not support him bragging and pushing a destructive lifestyle on a culture already afflicted with the negative happenings within the inner cities.

6. No, I would be lying if I said they were. But they are not the type of material which pushes negative lifestyles or choices, I like comedy and goofy sh*t, I like comic books, I like art. so sometimes no, it has NO substance, most of the time it does spark my imagination to help me want to think of plot lines for books/comic-stories and ideas on things to paint/draw.
 5 years ago '10        #149
Tesla 7 heat pts
space
space
$969 | Props total: 1872 1872
 hou12 said:
Some questions.

It's possible to make music lacking substance without perpetuating the negative aspects of the hip hop culture. The attitude that this kid has shown has been a joke as well. Kids are malleable and hip hop has a very large effect on them. Instead of using his platform to promote positivity, he uses it to promote meaningless violence. There are plenty of other young rappers that I would love to see the music industry promote instead of him. You may like him and that's fine. No opinion regarding music is worth more than the other.
 5 years ago '05        #150
goldgrill910 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$2,837 | Props total: 105 105
if they really did cancel that tour....
Interscope can't get any tour money from him after that release and they probably won't/can't recoup.
which will mean he'll be dropped.
 5 years ago '09        #151
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,068 | Props total: 1115 1115
Keef would do best signed to another rapper IMO. I'd like to see him in YM or under Ross. It's like he has people who are interested his music but no one wants to pay to see him mumble. He's better off being affiliated with someone he can perform under.
 5 years ago '06        #152
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Zaosyn said:
Keef would do best signed to another rapper IMO. I'd like to see him in YM or under Ross. It's like he has people who are interested his music but no one wants to pay to see him mumble. He's better off being affiliated with someone he can perform under.
 5 years ago '12        #153
hou12 
space
space
 ronin said:
(these answers is how I see sh*t, by no means are they thee definitive answers)

1. Substance, when you have my attention for the next 3-to-5 minutes I would like to see things through your eyes about the sh*t that's going on in the world. bragging about how many women you've been with, who you're going to k!ll, how much drug usage you do is NOT relevant to MY life.

Tell a n*gga how you feel about the economy, the political system, what you think about scientific topics, etc. might be considered corny but that's what I would like to see being discussed. or atleast utilize your imagination in a thought provoking manner.

1b. Music is a platform/medium that has the ability to do alot more than just entertain. I feel alot of musicians and fan's use music solely for entertainment purposes when you can look back in history and see how Music can cause people to want to evolve (mentally and socially) for the better. Music is VERY powerful, from the tone's used in the instrumentals/instruments to the words and thought's implanted by the vocabulary of the artist infront of the microphone.

2. There are movies, tv shows and internet sites with substance. Movies such as "City of Gods" was/is a really powerful thought provoking film, "Inception" is a movie with substance as it sparks the imagination and get's people interested in learning more about dreaming which leads to psychology. Television shows, "Enter the Wormhole" and "How's it Made" has substance, on the internet there is a TON of different sites where users/surfers can learn new sh*t, hell even cracked.com which is a comedy site can teach you about sh*t you didn't know through an entertaining format.

3. Because (to piggy back off my answer in 1b) a rapper/musician is almost more influential then a listeners parents. an easy example to draw up is how musicians push fashion, clothes that are "Hip" now, is "hip" because of major rappers/musicians who put their "Stamp" on it.

Even political issues can be influenced by musicians and the best example of this is when that whole bullsh*t "Vote or Die" sh*t came about.

4. Do I think majority of the kids are stupid? fu*k no, but they are being mislead and are being feed a false reality on things. Yes, it is the rappers fault (to a certain extent). Again, check back to my answer in 1b.

5. Yes, I don't want a gospel of "happy cheerful" rap album from a "hardcore rapper", I will use the example of "Immortal Technique". his raps are FAR from "Happy Cheerful" BUT he ALWAYS brings up thought provoking and thought inspiring subject matter in his works. if Keef happened to be more of a "Reporter" and "Philosopher" as opposed to a "Promoter" and "Antagonist" I would listen to the album, but I can not support him bragging and pushing a destructive lifestyle on a culture already afflicted with the negative happenings within the inner cities.

6. No, I would be lying if I said they were. But they are not the type of material which pushes negative lifestyles or choices, I like comedy and goofy sh*t, I like comic books, I like art. so sometimes no, it has NO substance, most of the time it does spark my imagination to help me want to think of plot lines for books/comic-stories and ideas on things to paint/draw.
these are respectable answers
 5 years ago '12        #154
hou12 
space
space
 Tesla said:
It's possible to make music lacking substance without perpetuating the negative aspects of the hip hop culture. The attitude that this kid has shown has been a joke as well. Kids are malleable and hip hop has a very large effect on them. Instead of using his platform to promote positivity, he uses it to promote meaningless violence. There are plenty of other young rappers that I would love to see the music industry promote instead of him. You may like him and that's fine. No opinion regarding music is worth more than the other.
 5 years ago '08        #155
stead21 12 heat pts12
space
space
$6,904 | Props total: 3655 3655
The lil negro is an addict, n*gga crustier than crusty the clown.
 12-25-2012, 01:48 AM         #156
twt88 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Belcher Skelter again
 5 years ago '08        #157
RokkyRok 50 heat pts50
space
space
$6,674 | Props total: 397 397
Headlining a tour off the debut album?
What y'all doing interscope?
 5 years ago '05        #158
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 RokkyRok said:
Headlining a tour off the debut album?
What y'all doing interscope?
attempting to get that money, and truth be told if I was a label executive and I saw his Youtube Views, I would've thought he had enough backing to headline his own tour fresh out the gate.
 5 years ago '07        #159
Playa 70 heat pts70
space
space
$22,836 | Props total: 194 194
I'm sure he'll be on tour with Master P n dem soon

P funded 50's first tour of the South.
 5 years ago '05        #160
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Nyuzi said:
I'm sure he'll be on tour with Master P n dem soon

P funded 50's first tour of the South.
Master P funded 50's first tour???

Seriously?

Damn, I didn't know this.

but if Keef tours with P, Im sure fat trel rocking with P would have something to do with it as well.
Home      

most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
158 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
91 comments
2 days ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Floor Kids (Game looks dope)
21 comments
2 days ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Who's jumping on this Tron(Trx) Spaceship??
98 comments
2 days ago
@misc
most viewed right now
NBA LONZO BALL FULL HIGHLIGHTS DEBUT GAME IN NY GOES OFF FROM 3 POINT LAND :mj..
51 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
73 comments
2 days ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Dec 12 - US 'Living Off 1950s Infrastructure,' Must Spend $2 Trillion to Moder..
81 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Joe Budden says Eminem is using the Plight of Black People as a way to sell re..
184 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy