Interscope Reportedly Cancels Chief Keef’s Tour

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
35 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
46 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
31 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #121
X_WunderKind_X 909 heat pts909
space
space
$42,264 | Props total: 17717 17717
 katalist said:
What a waste of fantastic beats...
I ain't said that since J-Kwon's hood hop dropped
 12-24-2012, 12:10 PM         #122
spacerap 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
man even if you don't like this guy i don't see why you need to by hyping up how it would be great for him to fail

i like dudes music, but even if i didn't, all i can say is i hope he gets rich as hell and provides a good life for his family

im white, i got a cousin involved in a criminal lifestyle too (he had 2 kids by keefs age even) and he in the drum not providing for his family. i wish he was banking like keef because there's two kids who could be getting fed if he was.

why do people always want to wish the food outta the mouth of another mans family?
 5 years ago '05        #123
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
$21,432 | Props total: 9 9
 kidd247 said:
If dude was actually talented and making ANY type of positive music, I'd be 100% with him no matter the age or where he's from. But the fact he's making horrible music and being a negative influence doesn't help him in this case. Do we really want to be "ok" with the current state of hip hop, knowing how it will affect and influence the next generation? Do you want your kids/nieces/nephews to behave this way? This garbage needs to be cut off from the source, and I'm definitely not saying Chief Keef is the source because there's quite a few gimmick rappers who don't deserve the success as well.
man they not trying to hear you. I use the argument of the influence on the youth all the time and all people tell me is "It's not a rapper's responsibility to raise a child." but what they fail to realize is that, although in logic and theory that proves accurate in reality and practice it is not.

Louis Farrakhan said something along the lines of rappers being more important than teachers or something. and it's true, what rappers say today in 2012 will carry over and impact the generation of adults growing up now.

sh*t is wild, but it's only a small percentage of individuals who actually listen to rap music who is attempting to get this message across, but again....kat's is not trying to hear it.
 5 years ago '06        #124
B Ray 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,375 | Props total: 4600 4600
I though the n*gga needed more singles under his belt to be putting out an album anyways
 5 years ago '04        #125
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 ronin said:
man they not trying to hear you. I use the argument of the influence on the youth all the time and all people tell me is "It's not a rapper's responsibility to raise a child." but what they fail to realize is that, although in logic and theory that proves accurate in reality and practice it is not.

Louis Farrakhan said something along the lines of rappers being more important than teachers or something. and it's true, what rappers say today in 2012 will carry over and impact the generation of adults growing up now.

sh*t is wild, but it's only a small percentage of individuals who actually listen to rap music who is attempting to get this message across, but again....kat's is not trying to hear it.
My point exactly.......Just because he's a youngin and is "doing something for his people", doesn't make it cool to put out trash music(even after folks have tried to help em out musically), miss business related events constantly, and generally act as if you could give a f**k less....

Do you remember seeing a thread about the infamous "gangsta rap" meetings back in 91? The idea behind that meeting was if you keep the kids interested in being "gangsta" and doing gangsta things, we can keep filling up these privately owned prisons and keep this $$ flowing. Remember the crooked judged they just convicted in Pa of basically giving kids time in this institutions for nothing?? He got broke off WELL for his efforts by the owners of those local institutions he tried to fill up with kids who did nothing more then get in trouble at home for not washing the dishes or at school for being talkative. That story came and went very fast.

Well this plays a part in that as well. They put em out thinkin they could dumb rap back down, and thought the people would still eat it up like always. Initially, it was working until folks came to their senses and started realizing that this stuff they're puttin out was garbage. Once people realize that, the process began. Him missing BIG video shoots+ No showing at least 2 times a week+Low sales+low ticket sales for the tour=Interscope losing money. Yes the overall agenda of those that want to keep puttin out garbage will suffer, but they had to pull the plug before they lost more $$$ on this cat. The damage has been done. The kids I coach actually think this cat is lyrically gifted. His not give a f**k attitude has affected them as well. No it's not a rapper's job to raise kids. But with all the f**k ups called parents not raising them, who's left? The rappers, entertainers, others with clout that they see daily. His 15 mins are up.

Up next for his 15 mins is.........Trinidad James........The southern equivalent to Chief Keef........

Last edited by CA$H MONEY; 12-24-2012 at 12:56 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #126
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1965 1965
Interscope buggin this n*gga aint blow up like that.. chill & continue to make hits
 5 years ago '05        #127
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 CA$H MONEY said:
My point exactly.......Just because he's a youngin and is "doing something for his people", doesn't make it cool to put out trash music(even after folks have tried to help em out musically), miss business related events constantly, and generally act as if you could give a f**k less....

Do you remember seeing a thread about the infamous "gangsta rap" meetings back in 91? The idea behind that meeting was if you keep the kids interested in being "gangsta" and doing gangsta things, we can keep filling up these privately owned prisons and keep this $$ flowing. Remember the crooked judged they just convicted in Pa of basically giving kids time in this institutions for nothing?? He got broke off WELL for his efforts by the owners of those local institutions he tried to fill up with kids who did nothing more then get in trouble at home for not washing the dishes or at school for being talkative. That story came and went very fast.

Well this plays a part in that as well. They put em out thinkin they could dumb rap back down, and thought the people would still eat it up like always. Initially, it was working until folks came to their senses and started realizing that this stuff they're puttin out was garbage. Once people realize that, the process began. Him missing BIG video shoots+ No showing at least 2 times a week+Low sales+low ticket sales for the tour=Interscope losing money. Yes the overall agenda of those that want to keep puttin out garbage will suffer, but they had to pull the plug before they lost more $$$ on this cat. The damage has been done. The kids I coach actually think this cat is lyrically gifted. His not give a f**k attitude has affected them as well. No it's not a rapper's job to raise kids. But with all the f**k ups called parents not raising them, who's left? The rappers, entertainers, others with clout that they see daily. His 15 mins are up.

Up next for his 15 mins is.........Trinidad James........The southern equivalent to Chief Keef........
1. Yea, the meetings involved Eazy E if I am not mistaking, and it's interesting to note that shortly after those meetings N.W.A. music turned away from hard-core activist styled themes to just pure hard-core drug slinging. I've read up on this slightly, but yea, I've heard rumors of rap being pushed into the garbage direction it is currently in, and it's easy to see, the shift happened around mid to late 90's. before that, it was the "Pro-Black" era in music and if you wasn't rapping like that, it was hard to get a major buzz.

2. Naw, I didn't heard of the PA Judge, I'll have to look into it. but that's wild as sh*t. good thing they shut him down.

3. Yea, Chief Keef had an opportunity that n*ggas would slay for. I honestly think that when the "JoJo" murder took place that interscope "looked out" for keef and his "goons" to secure keef and milk they cash cow, but the constant lose in money is probably the reason Keef is being "punished" right now. 50 cent was going to be the n*ggas "handler" but Keef too wild and immature to grasp the concept that in the music business it's not what you can spit, but who you know and can cop a co-sign from. it's MMMAAADDDD rappers that can out rap the top 5 mainstream rappers right now, but they do not have a co-sign nor are they "linked" in with no one so it's hard for them to break the surface and politics of the music business (IMHO)

4. It's funny you say the last piece about "Trinidad James" because now thinking about it, he did just shoot up there out of fu*king no where, but it would make sense that the major heads (Im talking 3 big companies that own all the other smaller one's) saw they were loosing money and effort in Keef so maybe they kicking/phasing keef out and Trinidad James is being groomed to take keef's spot. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on Trinidad James career to see how it goes, as compared to keef's.

sh*t read's like a conspiracy/drama book, n*gga's COULDN'T write a better script for the way the music business conduct's itself.
 5 years ago '10        #128
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
n*ggas is some hypocrites.

When Kreayshawn flopped, this same type of thread was made, where n*ggas was like "Good riddance".

It was okay then to laugh at somebody's failure, so how is it not now?

Same thing happened when Lil B flopped and went away.

So somebody please explain to me the difference here.

Cuz I didn't see no n*ggas acting butt-hurt in those Kreayshawn or Lil B fail threads.
 5 years ago '05        #129
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 EntroProMartian said:
I can see them doing this... by not showing up that Hate being Sober video.. he ruffled a few feathers.. 50 cent to be exact lol.. I can just see 50 right now talking to jimmy like... "Cancel that n**ga!".. lol ... But hey it could all be a rumor to boost sales... his album isnt even that bad by the way if I do say so myself!
Naw, that rumor wouldn't boost a sells.
sh*t like "JoJo" being murdered would boost sells, because the demographic keef is marketed to is those who feel their life mimics or run's parallel with keefs.

*You Smoke Weed? Well here's an artist that does too, and he smokes ALOT of it
*You been to jail? Well he's been to jail as well, as a matter of fact *cue the video of Young Chop explaining how "3hunna" came about*
*You like fu*king alot of girls? well, he does too

bottom line is, keef marketed to the audience they want to milk money from the most, so a murder beef would just propel him further into the minds and pockets of that demographic.

and LMAO @ 50 being Nino, I could almost see that as well.

And pretty much, 50 cent was extending a hand to the lil dude. now I wont say I trust anyone in the industry BUT if I was in Keef's position, I would've took 50's hand and let him guide my career. and friends who didn't help me (far as keeping me on schedule if i fu*k off, or being a TRUE friend and giving me the business letting me know when I was wrong) I would've BEEN cut off. that n*gga "jaydo" or whatever the clown n*gga name is, is dead weight from the outside looking in, son's a goof but he still kept around.

And too be honest, that album is pure a.ss. It's no, I mean NO substance in the music at all. the only track I like is the "Love Sosa" because in the club, that track goes hard, beyond that, fu*k that entire album.

Last edited by RNOTY; 12-24-2012 at 01:20 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #130
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
n*ggas is some hypocrites.

When Kreayshawn flopped, this same type of thread was made, where n*ggas was like "Good riddance".

It was okay then to laugh at somebody's failure, so how is it not now?

Same thing happened when Lil B flopped and went away.

So somebody please explain to me the difference here.

Cuz I didn't see no n*ggas acting butt-hurt in those Kreayshawn or Lil B fail threads.
Huh? What you mean?

I didn't read the entire thread, so maybe I missed something.
 5 years ago '04        #131
Barcode 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,145 | Props total: 27 27
Damn homie aint even getting show money.
Time for Reese to take over.
 5 years ago '05        #132
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 Barcode said:
Damn homie aint even getting show money.
Time for Reese to take over.
reese jive prolonged his own success with the video of him beating up on the chick, and possibly (I know i said it helped keef in the previous post) with the video of him threatening to k!ll JoJo when they rode up on him.

Edited to Add: By "prolonged" I meant to say prolonged it from coming about.

Last edited by RNOTY; 12-24-2012 at 01:47 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #133
TrillSwag 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,224 | Props total: 7511 7511
You cant blame him. From being p!ss poor to where you see homies and people around you dying on the daily. Where you give him hundreds of thousand of dollars What do you expect?
Lol @ comparing him to suburbanites like big sean and mac miller.
 5 years ago '10        #134
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 ronin said:
Huh? What you mean?

I didn't read the entire thread, so maybe I missed something.

I wasn't responding directly to you. I just happened to be sandwiched between your post.

But what I'm saying is that if you look at this thread, it's a lot of n*ggas in here who's like

"Why y'all wishing failure on Keef for?" and "We should want him to succeed because he's young"

Basically making all types of excuses for him.

Those same n*ggas was in Kreayshawn threads and Lil B threads back when they was the "IT" wack rappers earlier this year, wishing failure on them. or at least had no problem with it.

So why is it okay to laugh at Kreayshawn when she flops and disappears, but It's not okay to do the same with Keef?

Keef did more to distort his own career than Kreayshawn did with hers. At least she was shooting her videos and going to her shows and doing her interviews.

Thats why she STILL getting show money and Keef not.

I really wanna know what the logic is here.
 5 years ago '04        #135
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
 ronin said:
1. Yea, the meetings involved Eazy E if I am not mistaking, and it's interesting to note that shortly after those meetings N.W.A. music turned away from hard-core activist styled themes to just pure hard-core drug slinging. I've read up on this slightly, but yea, I've heard rumors of rap being pushed into the garbage direction it is currently in, and it's easy to see, the shift happened around mid to late 90's. before that, it was the "Pro-Black" era in music and if you wasn't rapping like that, it was hard to get a major buzz.

2. Naw, I didn't heard of the PA Judge, I'll have to look into it. but that's wild as sh*t. good thing they shut him down.

3. Yea, Chief Keef had an opportunity that n*ggas would slay for. I honestly think that when the "JoJo" murder took place that interscope "looked out" for keef and his "goons" to secure keef and milk they cash cow, but the constant lose in money is probably the reason Keef is being "punished" right now. 50 cent was going to be the n*ggas "handler" but Keef too wild and immature to grasp the concept that in the music business it's not what you can spit, but who you know and can cop a co-sign from. it's MMMAAADDDD rappers that can out rap the top 5 mainstream rappers right now, but they do not have a co-sign nor are they "linked" in with no one so it's hard for them to break the surface and politics of the music business (IMHO)

4. It's funny you say the last piece about "Trinidad James" because now thinking about it, he did just shoot up there out of fu*king no where, but it would make sense that the major heads (Im talking 3 big companies that own all the other smaller one's) saw they were loosing money and effort in Keef so maybe they kicking/phasing keef out and Trinidad James is being groomed to take keef's spot. I'll definitely be keeping an eye out on Trinidad James career to see how it goes, as compared to keef's.

sh*t read's like a conspiracy/drama book, n*gga's COULDN'T write a better script for the way the music business conduct's itself.

1.)Yes they involved the heads of all the labels and the executives above the A&r's......I wouldn't say they(NWA or any rappers themselves) were involved but the meeting based the idea on copying that "brand"....Actually the period in question are from 88-91. At that time, rap music was still lighthearted with a more conscious tone. At the time, NWA was the most "gangsta" of all the groups out in the mainstream. Yes there were other groups that rapped about "gangsta" stuff but they didn't get the attention NWA did. When 1992 came, EVERYTHING changed rap music wise. It went from De La Soul, Tribe, Black Sheep to groups NWA, Geto Boys overnight. I remember this because it was this point that I started buying albums on my own. I always wondered why until I saw that thread and thought back a bit to that period.

2.) Yeh because it was in one of those isolated places that can keep news in if they wanted to. Ironically all of this happened around the same time as that thread I mentioned.

3.) Right......There's a connection between the two. This is stuff labels eat up for the "street cred" points it can give an artist. Its the same with Jeezy and BMF. We knew(knew some BMF cats back then) that jeezy was cool with meech. Not saying jeezy never sold dope and hung around BMF for his street cred, but he never was moving 100 bricks or anything like that. As soon as the situation got hot, he distanced himself faaaaaaar from them. I said all that to say, the labels know whats happening out here and will capitalize on it as much as possible without jeopardizing their $$$

4.) You hit the nail on the head. There's no way anyone would come out looking like that on purpose. I don't think he'll last either. I've seen too many live concert videos of the crowd lookin at that cat like he was an alien. Of course, the ATL crowds jump for em. But honestly, as long as you're from their, they'll follow you too. He won't get acceptance anywhere else. I think folks are starting to wise up and see what's going on. There's only a small percentage who actually think these cats are talented. Problem is, that percentage is the one who counts the most.....Impressionable youngsters who don't have positive role models to follow......
 5 years ago '05        #136
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 TheMindOf said:
I wasn't responding directly to you. I just happened to be sandwiched between your post.

But what I'm saying is that if you look at this thread, it's a lot of n*ggas in here who's like

"Why y'all wishing failure on Keef for?" and "We should want him to succeed because he's young"

Basically making all types of excuses for him.

Those same n*ggas was in Kreayshawn threads and Lil B threads back when they was the "IT" wack rappers earlier this year, wishing failure on them. or at least had no problem with it.

So why is it okay to laugh at Kreayshawn when she flops and disappears, but It's not okay to do the same with Keef?

Keef did more to distort his own career than Kreayshawn did with hers. At least she was shooting her videos and going to her shows and doing her interviews.

Thats why she STILL getting show money and Keef not.

I really wanna know what the logic is here.
ahh, I feel you.
 5 years ago '05        #137
RNOTY 53 heat pts53
space
space
 CA$H MONEY said:
1.)Yes they involved the heads of all the labels and the executives above the A&r's......I wouldn't say they(NWA or any rappers themselves) were involved but the meeting based the idea on copying that "brand"....Actually the period in question are from 88-91. At that time, rap music was still lighthearted with a more conscious tone. At the time, NWA was the most "gangsta" of all the groups out in the mainstream. Yes there were other groups that rapped about "gangsta" stuff but they didn't get the attention NWA did. When 1992 came, EVERYTHING changed rap music wise. It went from De La Soul, Tribe, Black Sheep to groups NWA, Geto Boys overnight. I remember this because it was this point that I started buying albums on my own. I always wondered why until I saw that thread and thought back a bit to that period.

2.) Yeh because it was in one of those isolated places that can keep news in if they wanted to. Ironically all of this happened around the same time as that thread I mentioned.

3.) Right......There's a connection between the two. This is stuff labels eat up for the "street cred" points it can give an artist. Its the same with Jeezy and BMF. We knew(knew some BMF cats back then) that jeezy was cool with meech. Not saying jeezy never sold dope and hung around BMF for his street cred, but he never was moving 100 bricks or anything like that. As soon as the situation got hot, he distanced himself faaaaaaar from them. I said all that to say, the labels know whats happening out here and will capitalize on it as much as possible without jeopardizing their $$$

4.) You hit the nail on the head. There's no way anyone would come out looking like that on purpose. I don't think he'll last either. I've seen too many live concert videos of the crowd lookin at that cat like he was an alien. Of course, the ATL crowds jump for em. But honestly, as long as you're from their, they'll follow you too. He won't get acceptance anywhere else. I think folks are starting to wise up and see what's going on. There's only a small percentage who actually think these cats are talented. Problem is, that percentage is the one who counts the most.....Impressionable youngsters who don't have positive role models to follow......
funny thing is though, when people catch on to 1 gimmick the think-tanks at these labels seem to be able to sh*t out another gimmick that catches on like H1N1 scares
 5 years ago '10        #138
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
 TrillSwag said:
You cant blame him. From being p!ss poor to where you see homies and people around you dying on the daily.
That in itself should be your motivation to be about your sh*t and do what you gotta do to get out.

If that's not. Then his daughter should have been..

If sh*t like that can't motivate you, than there's no pep talk or motivational speech in the world that will.

When n*ggas like Lupe tried to talk some sense into this n*gga, this is what he got

[pic - click to view]

And thats a n*gga from his same city, who made it out.

50 tried to guide him. He aint listen to him either.

fu*k else y'all want?
 5 years ago '04        #139
kidd247 9 heat pts
space
space
$3,156 | Props total: 1692 1692
 ronin said:

For real though.. I mean truthfully I hope this guy finds something he's good at and sticks with it, I don't like to see anyone down and out. But when you're blessed with opportunity you gotta take that and run with it. I'm not saying he should have put out a gospel album but damn, at least something uplifting to motivate people in your age group and from the same background to do better. Not music glorifying "that life" which will only result in more violence and ignorance.
 5 years ago '06        #140
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 TrillSwag said:
You cant blame him. From being p!ss poor to where you see homies and people around you dying on the daily. Where you give him hundreds of thousand of dollars What do you expect?
Lol @ comparing him to suburbanites like big sean and mac miller.
Lupe Fiasco and Common came from the same streets, when Chicago was even worse.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
111 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
33 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy