Spike Lee Slams Django Unchained: "I'm Not Gonna See It"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
129 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
50 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
32 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #161
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27
space
space
$14,162 | Props total: 10 10
 SlickJ101 said:
That's really your interpretation of the trailer?
Admittedly, I haven't seen the trailer. I was just going by the description I've heard.
 5 years ago '04        #162
bakeram4 
space
space
space
$556 | Props total: 4 4
 Windy said:
cosign

i almost smacked my nephew when he asked to go see this bullsh*t.

last thing im doing on christmas is going to go see some eurocentric rendition of what black people went through during slavery.

i mean if it was roots remastered or some sh*t like that maybe, but not this.

white people been trying for decades to spin some type of positive ethos on slavery and the treatment of black people in the 19th century in general. And that sh*t hasn't worked in the past and it won't work now.

from what i hear there's no positive light focused on slavery at all in this film....it's quite the opposite and the language is racist as fu*k...from early reviews, some people have said it has made them uncomfortable watching some scenes for their depiction of race relations in that era.... so in some ways some of the stuff might of mirrored reality more brutally than ever.

What I don't get is...there aren't many black heroes in cinema..QT's creating one that isn't some uncle tom/ token black stereotype .... we know it's a spaghetti western so why expect a period piece? I'm all for seeing slavemasters and clansmen get shot...
 12-23-2012, 01:33 PM         #163
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
Damage control
No its retard control...........in which I'm helping you (the retard) to understand the definition of the word that you are using............and if Changing Mexican to Hispanic helps you to feel less like a Mexcian(who are also hispanics) Then I will call you a dusty a.ss hispanic.....either way your still a dusty a.ss bum who is rocking a "Diplomats" shirt in 2012.........if you haven't figured it out yet.......that's why I keep your vagrant a.ss dirty........cause only dirty a.ss bum n*gga's where sh*t like that in 2012............step ya game up son..........

Last edited by Dos-effect; 12-23-2012 at 01:37 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #164
HeyCobra 7 heat pts
space
space
$3,062 | Props total: 2 2
this whole thread is people talking out of there a.ss to make there points
 5 years ago '11        #165
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 Dos-effect said:
No its retard control...........in which I'm helping you (the retard) to understand the definition of the word that you are using............
Retard control is what your mom failed to do with you which is satisfyingly obvious through your posts

Get mad f*ggot
 5 years ago '06        #166
Kingme 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,904 | Props total: 7568 7568
Spike Lee's issue is that a black man wouldn't be allowed to make a movie about Jews and the holocaust; and they don't allow black people to say racist Jew words, even mike Jackson was forced to change his lyrics back in the day. It's nothing against qt. It's more about the double standard of the Hollywood machine. I'm gonna see it first day.
 5 years ago '11        #167
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
No its retard control...........in which I'm helping you (the retard) to understand the definition of the word that you are using............and if Changing Mexican to Hispanic helps you to feel less like a Mexcian(who are also hispanics) Then I will call you a dusty a.ss hispanic.....either way your still a dusty a.ss bum who is rocking a "Diplomats" shirt in 2012.........if you haven't figured it out yet.......that's why I keep your vagrant a.ss dirty........cause only dirty a.ss bum n*gga's where sh*t like that in 2012............step ya game up son..........
Im the retard though
[pic - click to view]

Last edited by XxHeAtMaKeRxX; 12-23-2012 at 01:49 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #168
space
space
 Vin Steezel said:
Tarantino Has made a comment about nigg**s in every movie he has made.
So has Martin Scorsese..

Having racist characters in a movie automatically makes you racist*

*Exception: Spike Lee

/Racist logic
 5 years ago '08        #169
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,023 | Props total: 5085 5085

[video - click to view]

Real talk I fu*k with Tarintino anybody else make this sh*t and I say d!ck a d!ck. Looking at This interview Sam looks like he's ready to defend against blacks.
 5 years ago '12        #170
kiddalex 11 heat pts11
space
space
$5,600 | Props total: 6816 6816
I love a lot of Spike's sh*t but he's just hating right now.

Black America might have a lot of problems but a dope looking movie starring a lot of talented black people about a former slave becoming a badass vengeful cowboy is not one of them.
 5 years ago '11        #171
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,994 | Props total: 913 913
fu*k spike lee and his bi*ch a.ss knicks
 5 years ago '11        #172
ghostridah 47 heat pts47
space
space
$1,994 | Props total: 913 913
spikes a hater
 12-23-2012, 01:54 PM         #173
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
Retard control is what your mom failed to do with you which is satisfyingly obvious through your posts

Get mad f*ggot
Yes but see that's an a.ssumption that a retard would make, cause while its evident that intellectually I am very gifted with word and and speech there is no indication that I'm slow.....

Where the avy you posted very clearly shows you to be a flat slob bastard who wears outdated t-shirts that are entirely to small for him to be wearing........not to mention the lack luster ploy to seem cool by posting an actual pic of yourself smoking what could be perceived as drugs on the internet........that should be great for those job interviews.............don't get mad cause you put your foot in your mouth once again trying to take up again for white people.........
 5 years ago '05        #174
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27
space
space
 TB said:
i wish somebody make some damn movies about black wallstreet and emmett till
 12-23-2012, 01:58 PM         #175
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Motion said:
this is coming from the guy that made "Bamboozled"

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Spike does a movie filled with characters in black face but yet somehow Django is disrespectful to his ancestors?

and he hasn't even seen the damn movie
have you seen bamboozled
 5 years ago '11        #176
space
space
 Dos-effect said:
Yes but see that's an a.ssumption that a retard would make, cause while its evident that intellectually I am very gifted with word and and speech there is no indication that I'm slow.....

Where the avy you posted very clearly shows you to be a flat slob bastard who wears outdated t-shirts that are entirely to small for him to be wearing........not to mention the lack luster ploy to seem cool by posting an actual pic of yourself smoking what could be perceived as drugs on the internet........that should be great for those job interviews.............don't get mad cause you put your foot in your mouth once again trying to take up again for white people.........
Obviously you put "Dos-effect - Boxden Member" on your resume seeing as how youre concerned about potential employers seeing posts made under a pseudonym on a hip hop forum. Im sure employers are lined up to hire you with all the positive, educational, and pro-racial peace posts youve made.. And if they dont hire you, just blame it on racism. On their part of course.

Last edited by XxHeAtMaKeRxX; 12-23-2012 at 02:12 PM..
 12-23-2012, 02:05 PM         #177
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 s7venwords said:
I think Tarantino is a closet racist, look at some of the scene's in the movie he has made, the r*pe of Vin Rhames in Pulp Fiction, the way T uses the word " ******" in Pulp Fiction, the racial talk in Reservoir Dogs and I can go on...... jim doing this is gonna have a backlash with the black audience,imo.
He's not racist, he's just trying to highlight racism in society. He speaks about racism all the time in interviews and tried to bring attention to it all the time. He doesn't want to act like it didn't exist, like most western/cowboy movies usually do. He's keeping it 100, you can't just go around accusing everyone of being racist simply because they talk about race. Sometimes it's wrong to ignore that it exists. Not everyoneis a racist..

Unless you're a Reverend

Spike is being a hater and like I said, I heard he's old school racist or feels some type of way about white people. Seeing a white guy make this film, rubs him the wrong wau, and he's wrong for being prejudice towards the film before even seeing it. The irony. Anyhow, seems like his issue with QT is personal considering they have history

Last edited by kevante; 12-23-2012 at 02:08 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #178
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27
space
space
The problem I'd have with this movie is if it portrayed slavery as more light hearted than it was, or made light or disregarded how predatory and wicked white slave masters were.
 5 years ago '10        #179
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Spike Lee is a good director. He's made some pretty good films in his career.

- Do The Right Thing
- Jungle Fever
- Clockers
- Inside Man

But keep it real. Spike Lee and Quentin Tarantino are not in the same league.

I always feel like Spike was TOO committed to making "black" films that (he felt) spoke for black people.

Meanwhile Quentin Tarrantino was making some of the most iconic films of the past 25 years. Period.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Thats the difference. Spike is a great black director.

Tarrantino is an iconic director, period.

He can write black characters of all kinds (better than Spike in some cases). He can write white characters of all kinds.

His films have some of the most memorable dialogue in movies period.

[video - click to view]

in terms of writing characters and dialogue, Spike aint in the same league as QT.

What John Hughes did for film dialogue in the 80's, Tarantino (and Kevin Smith) did on another level in the 90's.

Spike Lee has made a lot of good movies. Not many are iconic (besides "Do The Right Thing")

Quentin Tarantino's films forever are part of the American lexicon.

Last edited by TheMindOf; 12-23-2012 at 02:22 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #180
space
space
 Vin Steezel said:
No scorsese has not mentioned ******s in every single movie movie, you dolt.
Neither has Tarantino moron
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
50 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
105 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
66 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Article inside ‘Star Wars: The Last Jedi’ Early Buzz: A Surprising, Funny and Jaw-Dr..
41 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
76 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Sony drops the price of PSVR bundles by $100 for the holidays
25 comments
1 day ago