Spike Lee Slams Django Unchained: "I'm Not Gonna See It"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
113 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Only 500 followers, catch her before she blow as a ig thot
26 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside The 10 Worst Jay-Z Songs Of All Time
55 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
37 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-23-2012, 10:15 AM         #121
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ether04 said:
i dont think this movie is a big deal as far as black ppl's feelings go.

[pic - click to view]

Got that impression throughout the whole thread.
Someone HAS to call Spike a N!gger before this thread falls.
 5 years ago '10        #122
Nautilus O 18 heat pts18
space
space
$15,143 | Props total: 8103 8103
 Motion said:
this is coming from the guy that made "Bamboozled"

Spike does a movie filled with characters in black face but yet somehow Django is disrespectful to his ancestors?

and he hasn't even seen the damn movie
I'ma guess you either A) have never seen that movie B) You're under the age of 18 C) You're white D) You've seen it, You're over the age of 18 and You're black...but you are mentally retarded

5 years ago '08        #123
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,023 | Props total: 5085 5085
 fetmod said:
Jamie Foxxx seems to be cooning the whole thing up with many of the comments he's made.... I've never seen Ray, so I won't comment about his acting, but I would've been much more likely to see the film if Will Smith had signed on to the lead like Tarantino wanted. Foxxx seem's like the n*gga whose just happy to be in the house rather than the field, with all due respect...

I've never seen Roots, but it seems like this sort of film (D'Jango Unchained) and it's subject matter, given the sensitive nature of the issue and persistence of institutionalized racism today, would be better served as a strict history piece (ala biopic of Nat Turner, Amistad, Rosewood, etc), than some fusing of different genres. A revenge film doesn't really address the issues of slavery: just capitalizes on raw emotions. Slavery is still too real: it's still in our blood as AA people, and affects us everyday... and until America makes amends for its crimes, it will not go away. The difference between the holocaust & slavery: whether it's glossed over historically or not, Jewish descendants still get fu*king paid for the tragedy (overstated as it was)-- just like the Japanese for being interned in WW2. Nobody gives a fu*k about the descendants of slaves, which whose surplus labor created the wealth, power, and dominance that this nation has enjoyed since the 19th century... I don't know if any of these are the reason for Spike's displeasure, but i know these are my thoughts about any potential portrayal of slavery in the media.

Kind of like Schindler's List: only a Jewish director could've pulled that off and received mainstream acceptance, given the extreme volatility of subject matter. It wasn't just Spielberg's jewishness, it was his style and brand of filmmaking that made the movie acceptable. I'm not sure if Tarantino can do this, given the type of filmmaker he is...
You just explained why Spike ain't fu*king wit this movie.

1. Hollywood wouldn't let Spike or any other black director to make a real slave film say about Nat Turner just breaking free and offing dirty blood white folks.

2. Hollywood would not allow a black man to direct let alone write a movie about Jew revenge on Germans. That sh*t will never happen because it'd be like what is your relevance to the story? This will be too much it will be picketed etc. The power in Hollywood is Jewish so think about QTs last movie. He can make anything he wants and a lot has to do with his track record. Some has to do with what and how he tells stories, has he called anybody a kike? No but he manages to call somebody a ****** in ever film.

3. Now QT gets to write and direct a slave revenge flick and I mean he is white so I guess he relation to the story is I'm gonna pack the word ****** in here as many times as I can while this ****** k!lls everything white and I make 20mil off the back end of this film.

So I feel spike on the bullsh*t because if I ever make in this business I'm in the same boat, but I fu*ks with QTs skill level so I'm gonna see the flick. Bottom line is I think Spike has an issue with the system as do I. You will fund these gay a.ss Tyler Perry f*g flicks but my man Spike can't get a few dollars to make Red Hook Summer? A white kid can from Norway can write and direct a biopic about Jackie Robinson so why can't Spike write and direct a biopic about Babe Ruth... Wait for that to happen.
 5 years ago '08        #124
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5500 5500
^^ Red Hook Summer looks like a huge piece of sh*t. I can imagine why nobody would want to fu*k with it.
 5 years ago '08        #125
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
^^ Red Hook Summer looks like a huge piece of sh*t. I can imagine why nobody would want to fu*k with it.
Wasn't a bad movie to me man, it dealt with a real issues which is difference in culture, molestation in the church, and the current gap between generations. It was a decent film, not the best thing Spikes done but a lot better then some of the sh*t I've seen get better distribution and Hollywood dollars.
 5 years ago '08        #126
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Soda Pop said:
Wasn't a bad movie to me man, it dealt with a real issues which is difference in culture, molestation in the church, and the current gap between generations. It was a decent film, not the best thing Spikes done but a lot better then some of the sh*t I've seen get better distribution and Hollywood dollars.
He's got my man Lester Freeman playing priest touching little boys? Now I really have no intention of watching that.
 5 years ago '08        #127
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 fetmod said:
Too close to home? Clarke Peters has range...
One of your hobbies? Why would anyone want to watch that?
 5 years ago '06        #128
marcusaka50 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$29,618 | Props total: 8544 8544
it makes some people sensitive aint sh*t wrong with feeling the way spike lee feels.

I'm still want to see this movie
 12-23-2012, 10:58 AM         #129
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Soda Pop said:
Thought the movie was pretty real in my opinion. Me and my brother would come from the city to visit family in the south and just that different typa culture and meeting different types of kids was crazy. Def learned some new sh*t. My situation was obviously flip flopped from the movie though (what the kid was from Georgia right? Visiting his grandad in BK). Still felt it either way. My family was never into the church thing like that but I remember growing up there was this one older man that lived in my building that peoples parents would say to stay away from. I think he was also a preacher of some sort. Spike isnt the greatest but he knows how to bring the hood to the screen. Crooklyn my sh*t! Stealing from the corner store. My bi*chass cousins wildin over the bumbass Knicks on the weekend! lol
Same sh*t just a different borough and diff era in time. No offense to anyone but there cant be alotta black folk in here. I dont know a nan n*gga that dont fuhk with Spike. He did ALOT for black cinema!
 5 years ago '08        #130
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
He's got my man Lester Freeman playing priest touching little boys? Now I really have no intention of watching that.
It's just a movie my man and actors die for those parts where they have to push themselves beyond anything they can imagine doing.

ManWithoutFear! said:
Thought the movie was pretty real in my opinion. Me and my brother would come from the city to visit family in the south and just that different typa culture and meeting different types of kids was crazy. Def learned some new sh*t. My situation was obviously flip flopped from the movie though (what the kid was from Georgia right? Visiting his grandad in BK). Still felt it either way. My family was never into the church thing like that but I remember growing up there was this one older man that lived in my building that peoples parents would say to stay away from. I think he was also a preacher of some sort. Spike isnt the greatest but he knows how to bring the hood to the screen. Crooklyn my sh*t! Stealing from the corner store. My bi*chass cousins wildin over the bumbass Knicks on the weekend! lol
Same sh*t just a different borough and diff era in time. No offense to anyone but there cant be alotta black folk in here. I dont know a nan n*gga that dont fuhk with Spike. He did ALOT for black cinema!
Spike make great movies and I think he would make even better ones if he was able to do him. The man changed his whole style up, though RHS was a welcomed return for me the use of warm colors, the music, it looks like classic Spike and he did that sh*t on a Red One Digital cam not film. All outta pocket too, for what it was I think it was cool. Like I said I've scene bigger pieces of sh*t praised on this site TDKR to be a major one boring a.ss film with a 100mil budget.
 5 years ago '04        #131
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
$24,111 | Props total: 289 289
 Motion said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Spike does a movie filled with characters in black face but yet somehow Django is disrespectful to his ancestors?

you clearly missed the point on that one
 5 years ago '04        #132
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
i didnt watch it cuz that kid looked super gay/willow smith kinda boy with degrassi jr. high dialog and attitude problems...
 12-23-2012, 11:30 AM         #133
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Windy said:
but i aint mad at you, i know why you defend bullsh*t like this with a passion. you aint gotta over compensate so hard
How did I defend it

Overcompensate by liking a movie? What sense does that even make

It's a fictional fu*king MOVIE

ManWithoutFear! said:
*wonders how Red Tails woulda looked like & sold had Tarrantino directed it.

George Lucas kickin' himself in the a.ss right now for tryna stay true.
Woulda been way better considering they tried to sell it with fu*king dubstep in trailers

SlickJ101 said:
Ya the dog f!ghts and visuals were nice but any time they aren't in a battle or have to talk it's fu*king terrible. Corny a.ss dialogue throughout the whole thing.

sh*t made Top Gun look amazing
Top Gun is a goat even with its homo tendencies
 5 years ago '05        #134
ice wolf 515 heat pts515
space
space
$9,299 | Props total: 5485 5485
Spike Lee is a p-ssy

His cry baby a$$ is too sensitive to see a movie about a slave empowering himself?

QT uses vulgar language and imagery because that's a part of American life and American history
 5 years ago '11        #135
TheOne87 9 heat pts
space
space
$753 | Props total: 38 38
 Soda Pop said:
Spike is a different kind of dude and I feel him but he just one of my favorite directors, QT is another so I gotta see this film.

QT has that subconscious layer of racism in his subtext, whether it's intentional or accidental, it's there, and anyone with a brain can see it. That being said, that mofo can make a good film.
I'll see this, but I admit, The trailers got it looking like QT gonna be droppin' a whole lot of biased sh*t in this one.

To dude who criticized bamboozled, Son, that movie is the reason Spike Lee has the absolute right to make comments like this. My suggestion is look up the word "Satire" then watch that movie again, with an "Open Mind"

Absolute Classic.
 5 years ago '04        #136
shadow_boxer 1 heat pts
space
space
$2,275 | Props total: 812 812
 Motion said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

did you even see bamboozled? This was a movie about how blacks have been and still are exploited in show business. I don't think you can criticize spike on that.
 5 years ago '04        #137
Lavares 19 heat pts19
space
space
$10,386 | Props total: 27 27
 Motion said:

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

what the fu*k is this sh*t....He need to shut his damn mouf if he let this sh*t go out of his office.....
 12-23-2012, 11:45 AM         #138
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Soda Pop said:
Spike make great movies and I think he would make even better ones if he was able to do him. The man changed his whole style up, though RHS was a welcomed return for me the use of warm colors, the music, it looks like classic Spike and he did that sh*t on a Red One Digital cam not film. All outta pocket too, for what it was I think it was cool. Like I said I've scene bigger pieces of sh*t praised on this site TDKR to be a major one boring a.ss film with a 100mil budget.
Yeah. He definitely went old school with Red Hook Summer. So Spike was trying to make a big budget film about Nat Turner? Me being black I can't bullsh*t nobody I'd much rather see Spike do a film like with a figure like that than a Tarrantino (for the obvious reason stated). I ain't ashamed to say sh*t. lol I'd like to see his direction with something like that. From a black perspective ya know? But this like the Twilight Zone in here though.
Edit: got a mafuhka 2 posts up talkin bout "Inside Man" Spike best movie -_-
Guess Malcolm wasnt allowed in that household.

Last edited by ManWithoutFear!; 12-23-2012 at 11:47 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #139
HotBYoungTurk 13 heat pts13
space
space
$11,713 | Props total: 2009 2009
bamboozled is my sh*t tho.. got it on dvd and everything..

its deeper than the pics posted on here already.. you gotta see it.

i'll probably see Django but not in the movies..
 5 years ago '04        #140
MegaTON 22 heat pts22
space
space
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Yeah. He definitely went old school with Red Hook Summer. So Spike was trying to make a big budget film about Nat Turner? Me being black I can't bullsh*t nobody I'd much rather see Spike do a film like with a figure like that than a Tarrantino (for the obvious reason stated). I ain't ashamed to say sh*t. lol I'd like to see his direction with something like that. From a black perspective ya know? But this like the Twilight Zone in here though.
Edit: got a mafuhka 2 posts up talkin bout "Inside Man" Spike best movie -_-
Guess Malcolm wasnt allowed in that household.
i don't think spike would do a movie like this, he tries to be current in his movies, even if they do reference the past the usual setting is the present
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
49 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
64 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Video inside He just burned the soul of a lazy teacher
102 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
74 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Air Jordan 11 "Win Like 96" finally releases after a long history of r..
62 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
Video inside Sid From Ice Age Says She's Not Black She's "Tan" and "White".
23 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
audio inside HOV IS Back!: Jay-Z - Motorsport Freestyle!!! FIREEEEEEE
131 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
I love things about her, but I still don't love her
74 comments
1 day ago