Spike Lee Slams Django Unchained: "I'm Not Gonna See It"

most viewed right now
 142
Image(s) inside I Wanna Fu** U Hard On The Sink, After That, Give U Sumthin 2 Drink
30 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 111
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
234 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 67
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
132 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 59
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
112 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #101
justinjones 307 heat pts307
space
avatar space
space
$49,362 | Props total: 6375 6375
 SlickJ101 said:
That's really your interpretation of the trailer?
 nightmare said:
i doubt Tarantino is going to be producing anything happy go lucky, thats just a couple salty n*ggas in this thread saying that sh*t
i was about to say the same sh!t

i don't get no happy go lucky in that trailer
 5 years ago '04        #102
Big War|M 
space
avatar space
space
$14,180 | Props total: 1067 1067
why is this news?

it's not like this is a surprise or something...

 Motion said:
this is coming from the guy that made "Bamboozled"

Spike does a movie filled with characters in black face but yet somehow Django is disrespectful to his ancestors?

and he hasn't even seen the damn movie
wow, have you even seen Bamboozled or know the reasoning behind it?
 12-23-2012, 08:49 AM         #103
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fetmod said:
The reactions here are funny. My stepbrother is white, and when I broached the topic of the movie with him, he said he was uninterested, particularly because it's a period piece and Tarantino's track record with these films, in his opinion, weren't very good. I personally haven't seen a Tarantino film since the k!ll Bill series.. He's made some classics: reservoir dogs and pulp fiction have mad replay value with me, as well as others.... But i do feel his use of ****** is often gratuitous and times, borderline mockery.

Spike has earned the right to criticize any filmmaker he chooses, as the man has been responsible for just as many cinematic masterpieces as Tarantino-- perhaps more. I'd appreciate a little more clarification, though, as to why he feels it's disrespectful to AA ancestors-- if only to shut up the pus*y a.ss white critics who'll just call him a whiner or "angry black man", as many here already have, without earnestly addressing the reason for his discomfort.
If he's upset strictly because he has beef with ol boy on some personal sh*t then thats whatever. I'm saying if it has anything to do with him feeling like this movie "looks like" it could be making a mockery outa slavery then I can dig it. Cause I mean, from a grown a.ss black mans perspective, it DOES kinda look like that. Nobody I know checking for that sh*t (most of em aint into the movies like I am anyway) but to be honest & maybe drop a little reality on mafuhkas who may not have alotta black friends...
Everytime my peoples come through & that trailer comes on n*ggas usually laugh, & end with "fuhk outa here with that sh*t." Just being honest. I understand maybe white people think that "oh but the slaves are k!lling the slave masters. Why arent you happy?"
Cause that sh*t aint real. My grandfather told me a story about him being beaten half the death for CROSSING THE STREET! That didnt happen in "slave days."
Im grown. Im not as easily offended as I may have been when I was younger & started putting 2&2 together with this race sh*t but still some sh*t just dont be lookin right.
I loved The Chappelle Show but some of that sh*t had me like "this n*gga fuhkin up." And even he ended up realizing it. I dont know, yall can say whatever the fuhk yall want about me, its the internet. I just feel like in about 10 more years slavery will be on some Holocaust, it didnt really happen type sh*t. You can see it in these posts.
But I didnt see the movie & if I'm wrong about how I feel it looks then I'll cone back & one myself. But Jaime Foxx on some Grandad's version of Catcher Freeman sh*t? Directed by "Im down with the Brothas" Tarrantino?
 5 years ago '09        #104
Polygod 75 heat pts75
space
avatar space
space
$3,953 | Props total: 1404 1404
Boxden racewars, wish I was Asian So I could truly enjoy them.
 5 years ago '08        #105
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5502 5502
Point is anyone who makes that big of a distinction (saying something is disrespectful) without even seeing the fu*king movie, is an idiot.

Spike's been an idiot for quite a while now so no surprise there.
 5 years ago '08        #106
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5502 5502
^^ Ray is easily the best thing Fox ever did.
 5 years ago '04        #107
luv4music 7 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$12,692 | Props total: 1472 1472
Spike had QT in one of his movies (Girl 6)

then something happens and he uses the excuse that QT has the n word in all his films to hate him

it was all good for the cameo tho
 5 years ago '06        #108
Special Edd 167 heat pts167
space
avatar space
space
$26,589 | Props total: 8764 8764
Oh, just like his knicka gettin that hardware


Last edited by Special Edd; 12-23-2012 at 09:24 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #109
lokey19 6 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$945 | Props total: 277 277
 Jumpoff21 said:
:ohhellnonas:

I think you missed the point of bamboozled.....
beat me to it
 5 years ago '06        #110
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
it depends, if a person cant separate fact from fiction then i can see any historical fiction being a problem, to those people who cant

that said, i think people should reserve until seeing the movie
 5 years ago '05        #111
GST 
space
avatar space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 2394 2394
 SlickJ101 said:
Couldn't you say the same thing about Django Unchained then?

no muthafu*ka

that question was dumb as shyt
 5 years ago '06        #112
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 GST said:
no muthafu*ka

that question was dumb as shyt
how can you appraise his question as stupid, if you havent seen the movie?
 5 years ago '04        #113
persuazion 2 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$16,208 | Props total: 2097 2097
I like both of their movies. Spike and Qt bring alot to the table when it comes to making movies. Spike does get my respect for slamming Tyler Perry though. HIS sh*t is what truly needs to stop.
 5 years ago '05        #114
GST 
space
avatar space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 2394 2394
 Sticks said:
This. Tarintino is a real n*gga

you can't even spell his name stfu
 5 years ago '05        #115
GST 
space
avatar space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 2394 2394
 Kingpin 313 said:
Crackers and uncle toms will be the only one seeing this bullsh*t


you're a jackass
 12-23-2012, 09:47 AM         #116
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManWithoutFear! said:
If he's upset strictly because he has beef with ol boy on some personal sh*t then thats whatever. I'm saying if it has anything to do with him feeling like this movie "looks like" it could be making a mockery outa slavery then I can dig it. Cause I mean, from a grown a.ss black mans perspective, it DOES kinda look like that. Nobody I know checking for that sh*t (most of em aint into the movies like I am anyway) but to be honest & maybe drop a little reality on mafuhkas who may not have alotta black friends...
Everytime my peoples come through & that trailer comes on n*ggas usually laugh, & end with "fuhk outa here with that sh*t." Just being honest. I understand maybe white people think that "oh but the slaves are k!lling the slave masters. Why arent you happy?"
Cause that sh*t aint real. My grandfather told me a story about him being beaten half the death for CROSSING THE STREET! That didnt happen in "slave days."
Im grown. Im not as easily offended as I may have been when I was younger & started putting 2&2 together with this race sh*t but still some sh*t just dont be lookin right.
I loved The Chappelle Show but some of that sh*t had me like "this n*gga fuhkin up." And even he ended up realizing it. I dont know, yall can say whatever the fuhk yall want about me, its the internet. I just feel like in about 10 more years slavery will be on some Holocaust, it didnt really happen type sh*t. You can see it in these posts.
But I didnt see the movie & if I'm wrong about how I feel it looks then I'll cone back & one myself. But Jaime Foxx on some Grandad's version of Catcher Freeman sh*t? Directed by "Im down with the Brothas" Tarrantino?

Somebody gets it.........the movie seems to take on the idea that all is fair in love and war.......even a black slave k!lling his white .......and that this was somehow acceptable....because it was the right thing to do.......its not realistic
 5 years ago '05        #117
GST 
space
avatar space
space
$14,827 | Props total: 2394 2394
 nightmare said:
how can you appraise his question as stupid, if you havent seen the movie?
haven't seen what ? django ? aint it about a caucasian and his ****** sidekick thas supposedly tryna avenge his ****** wife's death against another caucasian that looks to be the general of an army ? [ as this is how they would be described in that particular setting]

i don't have to see it


cuz thas CLEARLY some made up shyt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 5 years ago '06        #118
awcfy6 1 heat pts
space
space
space
$289 | Props total: 2 2
 S0ap said:
a movie about a black slave's journey to becoming free in which he must k!ll slave owners is disrespectful to black ancestors. hmmmm go figure.
 5 years ago '08        #119
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,945 | Props total: 5502 5502
 nightmare said:
how can you appraise his question as stupid, if you havent seen the movie?
Easy, he's a fu*king idiot
 12-23-2012, 10:10 AM         #120
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 fetmod said:
Jamie Foxxx seems to be cooning the whole thing up with many of the comments he's made.... I've never seen Ray, so I won't comment about his acting, but I would've been much more likely to see the film if Will Smith had signed on to the lead like Tarantino wanted. Foxxx seem's like the n*gga whose just happy to be in the house rather than the field, with all due respect...

I've never seen Roots, but it seems like this sort of film (D'Jango Unchained) and it's subject matter, given the sensitive nature of the issue and persistence of institutionalized racism today, would be better served as a strict history piece (ala biopic of Nat Turner, Amistad, Rosewood, etc), than some fusing of different genres. A revenge film doesn't really address the issues of slavery: just capitalizes on raw emotions. Slavery is still too real: it's still in our blood as AA people, and affects us everyday... and until America makes amends for its crimes, it will not go away. The difference between the holocaust & slavery: whether it's glossed over historically or not, Jewish descendants still get fu*king paid for the tragedy (overstated as it was)-- just like the Japanese for being interned in WW2. Nobody gives a fu*k about the descendants of slaves, which whose surplus labor created the wealth, power, and dominance that this nation has enjoyed since the 19th century... I don't know if any of these are the reason for Spike's displeasure, but i know these are my thoughts about any potential portrayal of slavery in the media.

Kind of like Schindler's List: only a Jewish director could've pulled that off and received mainstream acceptance, given the extreme volatility of subject matter. It wasn't just Spielberg's jewishness, it was his style and brand of filmmaking that made the movie acceptable. I'm not sure if Tarantino can do this, given the type of filmmaker he is...
Great post! Props! Agree completely especially the underlined. Someone else in here said something too that I always hear my pops say from time to time (cant remember what page it was on) about it being politically incorrect for black people to question anything unless its blatantly racist.
Aint that the fuhkin' truth?

 Dos-effect said:
Somebody gets it.........the movie seems to take on the idea that all is fair in love and war.......even a black slave k!lling his white .......and that this was somehow acceptable....because it was the right thing to do.......its not realistic
Word. But I'll reserve judgement until that BDRIP drops though. But it looks like it is what it is from the trailer though. Muthafuhkas lookin' at this sh*t like its Prometheus or some sh*t.

 GST said:
haven't seen what ? django ? aint it about a caucasian and his ****** sidekick thas supposedly tryna avenge his ****** wife's death against another caucasian that looks to be the general of an army ? [ as this is how they would be described in that particular setting]

i don't have to see it


cuz thas CLEARLY some made up shyt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I coulda swore that was what the sh*t was about also
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 53
Video inside Boskoe 100 tells Trippie Redd,"You Can't Ban No One From L.A. If you fr..
61 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 42
Video inside Every retarded thot think they a dime on IG
21 comments
2 days ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 36
Image(s) inside dannielledai
24 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 19
Video inside Dec 9 - Scientists Create Vitamin A-Rich Fruit That Could Save Many Lives
53 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
 15
Well Damn quavo is out here clowning buddens again
233 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 14
Article inside Rick Ross’ Longtime Manager Black Bo Has Died
48 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 12
Dec 10 - Putin: America Is Godless, Has Turned Away from Christian Values
91 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 12
Azealia Banks Disses Remy Ma “You Are Not Important to Rap, Who Lied to You”
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy