Spike Lee Slams Django Unchained: "I'm Not Gonna See It"

most viewed right now
NBA Bron and the Cavs been on they sh-t since ...
30 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Teanna Trump got a son now? :deadpg:
86 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
yukmouth responded to gonzoe
20 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '08        #41
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,988 | Props total: 5561 5561

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #42
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,034 | Props total: 5120 5120
 izzy2024 said:
Spike Lee's been hating/jealous of QT for a while now. Even Sam Jackson told Spike to shut the fu*k up basically.

And at the irony of Spike telling people he's not gonna see this movie. First of all, you know he is, just so he can bi*ch about it. And secondly, he needs to worry about people seeing his movies.

Fact: Spike Lee is one of the most disappointing and overrated directors today.
Fact meaning you did a scientific study or fact meaning you feel that way and your unable to define opinion?

IMO Spike like is maybe the most important film director of his generation. He rejuvenated energy in black cinema and carved out a new way for blacks to be depicted in film. Before Spike Lee there was blaxplotation era films but Spike ushered in that youthful urban energy of the hip-hop into his films.

Last edited by Soda Pop; 12-22-2012 at 07:40 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #43
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,243 | Props total: 20088 20088
 Bkjj11 said:
I doubt everyone on Xmas is going to see this so this is potentially a flop.
I take you don't know much about movies and theaters huh? lol xmas is a HUGE day for theaters (i worked at a theater in high school), one of the busiest days of the year. not to mention the star studded cast, plus the hype of it being Tarantino and it being a holiday, HIGHLY doubt this movie "flops"
 5 years ago '06        #44
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
who gives a fu*k what spike lee's gonna watch
 5 years ago '09        #45
UrbanEnterprise 62 heat pts62
space
space
$18,519 | Props total: 11386 11386
i see those quoting me didn't read my entire post

and i completely agree that black comedians get away wit racism all the time

i'm a huge QT fan but yall can't tell me his movies are suspect at times when it comes to black people

i really don't give a fu*k, just giving my opinion on the topic
 12-22-2012, 09:30 PM         #46
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Soda Pop said:
Fact meaning you did a scientific study or fact meaning you feel that way and your unable to define opinion?

IMO Spike like is maybe the most important film director of his generation. He rejuvenated energy in black cinema and carved out a new way for blacks to be depicted in film. Before Spike Lee there was blaxplotation era films but Spike ushered in that youthful urban energy of the hip-hop into his films.
My man...

You telling them this sh*t like they're black & understand what it is you're saying.
Just read some of these posts in here. Lol
 5 years ago '08        #47
iPunish901 12 heat pts12
space
space
$13,359 | Props total: 276 276

[pic - click to view]

ill still see it tho
 5 years ago '12        #48
You Hater 1447 heat pts1447
space
space
$42,400 | Props total: 19889 19889
only seen one movie from spike and its do the right thing
 12-23-2012, 12:44 AM         #49
Lazy Mikey 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Peterparker said:
Exactly

People wanna talk about hypocrites...I put money on it if Spike Lee had did a movie like this people would be in a uproar. They would claim the movie is reverse racism. Yet Tarantino does this sh*t and it's BRILLIANT!!! A MASTERPIECE. fu*k outta here
If Spike Lee did this movie, It would've been talked about very little and people wouldn't of gave a fu*k..... maybe If he called Denzel to deplete the n*pple again.
 12-23-2012, 12:50 AM         #50
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 KnickKilla92 said:
only seen one movie from spike and its do the right thing
you're missing out on 25th Hour and Inside Man

he remaking Old Boy tho

[video - click to view]

2:30 tho
 5 years ago '08        #51
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Peterparker said:
Exactly

People wanna talk about hypocrites...I put money on it if Spike Lee had did a movie like this people would be in a uproar. They would claim the movie is reverse racism. Yet Tarantino does this sh*t and it's BRILLIANT!!! A MASTERPIECE. fu*k outta here

And hey dont get mad at black comedians who tell white jokes. I mean hey whose laughing the hardest at these white jokes??? WHITE PEOPLE that's who. So shut that sh*t up too. Get mad at your white brother and sisters for laughing they a.sses off.

White jokes vs. Racial profiling(which one would you take??)
Spike Lee doing a movie like what? Somewhat racist towards white people? He already did, it was called Do The Right Thing.

So bc white people can laugh at race jokes about themselves then they still aren't race jokes? Nobody's mad about it but recognize that even though nobody's mad they can still be percieved as racist jokes to people.
 5 years ago '08        #52
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Cheeze said:
you're missing out on 25th Hour and Inside Man

he remaking Old Boy tho

2:30 tho
Those and He Got Game were probably his best. Clockers and Malcolm X were good too.
 12-23-2012, 12:58 AM         #53
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:
Those and He Got Game were probably his best. Clockers and Malcolm X were good too.
Damn I forgot about He Got Game and Malcolm X
 5 years ago '08        #54
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,034 | Props total: 5120 5120
 SlickJ101 said:
Spike Lee doing a movie like what? Somewhat racist towards white people? He already did, it was called Do The Right Thing.

So bc white people can laugh at race jokes about themselves then they still aren't race jokes? Nobody's mad about it but recognize that even though nobody's mad they can still be percieved as racist jokes to people.
Do the Right Thing was not racist to white people. It was just touching on things that had happened all the events in the movie are based off real events.
 5 years ago '08        #55
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Soda Pop said:
Do the Right Thing was not racist to white people. It was just touching on things that had happened all the events in the movie are based off real events.
Couldn't you say the same thing about Django Unchained then?
 5 years ago '06        #56
RAZAH CUTS 5844 heat pts5844
space
space
$54,104 | Props total: 18994 18994
OMG, SOME IDIOT TRIED USING BAMBOOZLED AS AN EXAMPLE OF SPIKE BEING RACIST... You lil dudes are officially retarded... Watch the fu*kin film man..

As far as these comments, I wish Spike would elaborate on what he meant exactly, and why he feel the film is disrespectful... If he raises some good points I'll hear him out as I always do. Hell, he's my favorite director, not fu*kin Tarrantino..

Also, yes, it's of great importance that Tarrantino and Hollywood at large have long been culprits when it comes to fu*kin the way race is portrayed in movies..there are countless examples in Tarrantino films of like, slick a.ss, weird and outright gratuitous racial language and scenes.. Also, he's displayed at times, like a fascination with black pathos and so does Hollywood.. It's like, inescapable at times..

To be real though you can't just look at Tarrantino here.. He's not the lone director of Django.. The guy who directed House Party and Boomerang also directed it too, and he's a brutha..

In any case, yeah, I'll probably go see Django Unchained on Xmas or a lil while after..not completely sure what to expect, but from what I hear the portrayal of what life was really like on the plantation for slaves gets uber raw..

Last edited by RAZAH CUTS; 12-23-2012 at 01:28 AM..
 5 years ago '05        #57
TheChief 23 heat pts23
space
space
$6,191 | Props total: 9389 9389
 Rawse Bawse said:
That sucks for him...I'm seeing it and buying the blu-ray when it comes out

Leonardo and Jamie Foxx in the same movie>>>>>>>>>

Really can't beat that
this.
 12-23-2012, 01:31 AM         #58
SOCIALITE 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
seems like some sh*t he'd be a part of tbh
 5 years ago '12        #59
Thworldisyours 43 heat pts43
space
space
$6,820 | Props total: 13346 13346
I respect Spike's opinion but Tarentino makes big budget exploitation films in the 21st century.

It's kinda supposed to be "offensive".

Whatever the fu*k that means anymore...

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #60
beast mode 25 heat pts25
space
space
$13,976 | Props total: 1798 1798
QT>>>>spike
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside trust a big butt and smile
36 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside ‘Saturday Night Live’ and Kevin Hart Deliver One Disappointing Christma..
35 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
89 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
65 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
vida guerra
84 comments
22 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
193 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
86 comments
21 hours ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy