Spike Lee Slams Django Unchained: "I'm Not Gonna See It"

most viewed right now
NBA LeBron James Covered His Mouth While Talking To Lonzo Ball After The Game ..
37 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Article inside Details in Child Sex Complaint Against Rapper 6ix9ine Contradict His ..
187 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
audio inside Jeezy - Pressure (Official Album Anticipation/Discussion Thread) 12/15
194 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA CHARLES BARKELY JUST PUNCHED SHAQ AND RAN FOR HIS LIFE :mjlmao:
24 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '04        #381
Young Hov 2 heat pts
space
space
$5,473 | Props total: 3 3
 iggyemu said:
Lacks the courage and creativity to explore slavery in the way QT did....

Spike my man....nobody even knows you made movies. Knick fan is the first thing people think about when your name comes up. Stop hating...
now i don't agree with spike about his opinion on this movie, you lames dissing spike's legacy gotta stop... he made classic movies and i think he still has one more in him
 5 years ago '04        #382
skillahmang 2 heat pts
space
space
$23,709 | Props total: 11397 11397
 Young Hov said:
now i don't agree with spike about his opinion on this movie, you lames dissing spike's legacy gotta stop... he made classic movies and i think he still has one more in him
Hurricane Katrina Documentary>Spike Lee's rest of Filmography

5 years ago '05        #383
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,785 | Props total: 4899 4899
 Young Hov said:
Not dissing his legacy. Or at least that wasn't my intention. I am point out the fact that he hasn't done anything relevant in at least a decade. And to be honest....that has to be factored into his legacy too..
 5 years ago '04        #384
patt24 52 heat pts52
space
space
$7,028 | Props total: 2568 2568
seen the movie, it was a great movie...

i am a fan of both QT and Spike and would rather not speak on race sh*t because thats up to the person viewing the material to form an opinion on.

However spike could have clarified his statement as to why it was disrespectful, but if he didnt see it how could he have formed an opinion on it? Spike is def. jealous of where QT is right now.

All QT has to do is hand in a script and boom...funding, whereas spike has to fund movies himself, or work with minimal budgets. Im sure theres some racism there, but at the end of the day all the execs see is $$. if spike could even sniff 1/4 of the return QT gets off his films, he would have a whole lot less funding issues. Why do you think tyler perry movies are all budgeted between 5-20 million? Hes return avgs between 12-30 mil. Why invest in something that isnt worth it?
 5 years ago '07        #385
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,842 | Props total: 4823 4823
 SlickJ101 said:
Maybe not the overall message I guess but the message of the last 20 mins was retarded. Basically the police unjustly k!lled a black man so the course of action is to fu*k up a white man's business in your own community. Retarded.

No. People act like he does that in every movie which is stupid. There are plenty of racist white people who do talk like that (esp ex-cons). If people really have a problem with him using it in a movie that's set during slavery then they're really too stupid to even bother with (spike).

He's just a really pretentious motherfu*ker who thinks his opinion should count for more than it does. Don't get me wrong though I like quite a few of his films but he's def a douchebag.
whats tha message tho?

what really turned me off to qt was jackie brown.same wit spike i believe.
your missin tha point.its not about use of tha word durin a slave movie.u can hear tha word all day in "roots" and "queen".its about knowin tha history of tha director.if the walchowski bros made django unchained,i doubt anybody would have an issue

why is it that everytime a black man has an opinion on race in hollywood,he's called pretentious?people like spike understands what it is too black in this industry
 5 years ago '08        #386
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,968 | Props total: 5535 5535
 Peterparker said:
The businesses they fu*ked up in their community did nothing for the community but provide PIZZA!!!!! Man you missed the whole point of the movie and actually the movie was up to the viewer to decide if it was right or wrong. But it wasn't like "oh the last 20 mins was a lack of horrible directing" it was brilliant. Even white biased critics praised Do The Right Thing.

The last 20 mins of "Do the Right Thing" really happened in Riots. Look at L.A. Riots and that happened after Do The Right Thing but was not influenced by Do The Right Thing. That's how alot of ppl in black communities view establishments that set up shop in our hoods but treat us like sh*t or don't actually provide for the community just set up shop that's it.

That was the whole point of the movie. It was a accurate depiction. And is still relevant to this day.

For the past 20 years I'd say Spike Lee and QT have both changed film making. Both have different styles but their own originality. I wouldn't mind seeing them do a film together. But I can understand Spike having a problem w/ QT.
The fu*k are you talking about? Sal gave Mookie a job for how long when it seemed like he had no other options?

And if that's really how anyone views a situation like that they're fu*king retarded.

The cops k!lled someone so let's get Mookie to destroy his boss' (who's a genuine guy in the neighborhodd) business. Reeeetarded.
 5 years ago '08        #387
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
whats tha message tho?

your missin tha point.its not about use of tha word durin a slave movie.u can hear tha word all day in "roots" and "queen".its about knowin tha history of tha director.if the walchowski bros made django unchained,i doubt anybody would have an issue

why is it that everytime a black man has an opinion on race in hollywood,he's called pretentious?people like spike understands what it is too black in this industry
Na you're just sensitive and you like Spike are looking for something to cry about, again before you've even seen the fu*king thing That dude is still bi*ching to this day that he didn't get an Oscar for that movie.

Haven't seen it, but if The Wachowski's did it it'd be ok Gotcha.
 5 years ago '05        #388
Stuart Scott 200 heat pts200
space
space
$25,264 | Props total: 19746 19746
Spike Lee lost.
 5 years ago '06        #389
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 r.burgundy said:
whats tha message tho?

at this point, if you not going to watch the movie, whats the point in you coming in here?
 5 years ago '07        #390
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
Na you're just sensitive and you like Spike are looking for something to cry about, again before you've even seen the fu*king thing That dude is still bi*ching to this day that he didn't get an Oscar for that movie.

Haven't seen it, but if The Wachowski's did it it'd be ok Gotcha.
im not sensitive at all.im just educated,as is spike.when u have education,more specifically a sense of history,people cant pull anything they wanna pull.tha support blacks give django unchained is a microcosm as to why our people are fu*ked up out here.support anything,no matter how blatantly disrespectful it may be.this is why tha white man loves us.he can disrespect,and we'll still buy his sh*t

i swear our people got tha shortest memories of any species on earth
 5 years ago '07        #391
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 nightmare said:
at this point, if you not going to watch the movie, whats the point in you coming in here?
did i miss somethin here?i thought this thread was about a spike lee quote.didnt realize u had to see tha movie to respond to spikes quote
 5 years ago '08        #392
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
im not sensitive at all.im just educated,as is spike.when u have education,more specifically a sense of history,people cant pull anything they wanna pull.tha support blacks give django unchained is a microcosm as to why our people are fu*ked up out here.support anything,no matter how blatantly disrespectful it may be.this is why tha white man loves us.he can disrespect,and we'll still buy his sh*t

All that from seeing a movie trailer huh? Ya you're not sensitive at all.
 5 years ago '07        #393
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
All that from seeing a movie trailer huh? Ya you're not sensitive at all.
public educations finest on display here
 5 years ago '08        #394
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
public educations finest on display here
You're talking about how disrespectful it is without seeing it. Nothing I say can possibly top the bar you've set for stupidity here. I'm sure that's the white man's fault too
 5 years ago '07        #395
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
You're talking about how disrespectful it is without seeing it. Nothing I say can possibly top the bar you've set for stupidity here. I'm sure that's the white man's fault too
 5 years ago '06        #396
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 r.burgundy said:
did i miss somethin here?i thought this thread was about a spike lee quote.didnt realize u had to see tha movie to respond to spikes quote
yeah spike lee's quote which was itself born from the ignorance of not having seen the film
 5 years ago '08        #397
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 r.burgundy said:

r.burgundy said:
You and Spike Lee are equally retarded for making statements like that without seeing it if that makes you feel any better about it,
 5 years ago '08        #398
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 nightmare said:
yeah spike lee's quote which was itself born from the ignorance of not having seen the film

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #399
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
You and Spike Lee are equally retarded for making statements like that without seeing it if that makes you feel any better about it,
please show me tha statement i made on tha movie smart guy.i'll wait
 5 years ago '07        #400
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 nightmare said:
all spike said was he isnt goin to see tha movie,and he finds qt's use of tha word disrepectful.u think if spike saw tha movie he would find tha word was used wit utmost respect and always in proper context
Home      

most viewed right now
Video inside Who is she!!
26 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Throwback: Teen Gangbangers On Jenny Jones Show
61 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside T-Mobile about to save us from Comcast, Time Warner & AT&T
51 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Learn the difference between a DR. Wife and a "Boxden Simp Thot"!
205 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside The Backshots would be crazy
29 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Article inside Salma Hayek claims Harvey Weinstein threatened 'I will kill you, don'..
149 comments
24 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Ugly niggas watch ya step
79 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NFL Robert Griffin III, sets the record straight.
88 comments
1 day ago
@sports
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy