Spike Lee Slams Django Unchained: "I'm Not Gonna See It"

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
39 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
29 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Peewee Longway chain supposedly snatched in Macon, Georgia
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL They Used A Piece Of Paper To Measure A First Down, Twitter Going Nuts
70 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-26-2012, 10:25 AM         #361
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 modalee said:
fu*k Spike Lee this was the movie of the year.

Django Unchained>Spike's career.
But if Spike did a movie that was an accurate depiction of slavery featuring a real slave who k!lled slave masters and tried to lead other slaves to freedom and the severe repercussions of those acts you WOULDNT have seen it.

My cousin in Newark told me he went to see it with his partners at the Magic Johnson joint in Harlem. Said most white people he seen in one spot that werent police.

said the movie was straight though.
 5 years ago '10        #362
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Well it looks like the reviews are in and Spike Lee lost (as usual)
 5 years ago '07        #363
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
$39,847 | Props total: 4832 4832
 SlickJ101 said:
^^^ On point.

I wonder if most of these dudes would even be bi*ching about it if they didn't hear Spike whining first.

They gotta parrot someone.
i said at tha start i wasnt goin to see this sh*t
 5 years ago '07        #364
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 popsjenkins said:
Did you have the same thoughts about Inglorious Bastards? I mean Jews k!lling Germans in Nazi Germany during the Holocaust sounds awfully familiar to a black man k!lling slave-owners during slavery.

Or was that ok because it wasn't about our ancestors?

I know the plantation my people were slaves on, I can visit it today if I want to, and I have no issue with this movie at all. Judge me all you want but I take it at face value, it's just a movie.

I also understand that white people all over the country call us n*ggas and ******s when we're not around so when QT puts it in his movies, I just take it as another realistic view of life.
 5 years ago '05        #365
rashcobar 14 heat pts14
space
space
$11,832 | Props total: 3449 3449
 LicensedLegend said:
Do you feel the same when black comedians get up on stage and take jabs at white people?
Only Americans find " the difference between white and black " jokes funny...everyone else can see its played and whack AF.

Last edited by rashcobar; 12-26-2012 at 01:37 PM..
 5 years ago '08        #366
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,983 | Props total: 5556 5556
 Peterparker said:

As far as ppl sh*tting on Spike Lee. Spike got a right to have his own opinion because he's dealt with the hypocrisy and backlash from his films. Both Spike Lee and QT are legendary film makers. Spike doesn't make good black films(like some idiot suggested earlier) he makes GREAT FILMS period. And that's why he has beef cuz ppl write him off as black this black that. But we don't look at films dominated by white ppl as a white movie it's just a MOVIE.
Not really. For me at least I never looked at Spike or Singleton as directors who make "black movies."

Most of the beef people have w Spike Lee is the dumb sh*t he does outside of his work.
 5 years ago '08        #367
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 rashcobar said:
Only Americans find " the difference between white and black " jokes funny...everyone else came its played and whack AF.
It really is. Chapelle pretty much rode that sh*t in to the ground.

I tried to watch Paul Moony's standup the other day and it was fu*king awful. His audience thought it was the greatest sh*t ever too
 5 years ago '07        #368
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
Not really. For me at least I never looked at Spike or Singleton as directors who make "black movies."

Most of the beef people have w Spike Lee is the dumb sh*t he does outside of his work.
u must be to young to remember tha hate that do tha right thing got.most people hate spike cause he is a black man who isnt afraid to talk negatively about white media
 5 years ago '08        #369
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
u must be to young to remember tha hate that do tha right thing got.most people hate spike cause he is a black man who isnt afraid to talk negatively about white media
No and I didn't like the overall "message" of that movie but my bigger problem with him is like I said, the dumb sh*t he does in his personal life. The sh*t w QT, the Zimmerman thing, and obviously now this movie makes him come off like a whiney little bi*ch.
 12-26-2012, 01:50 PM         #370
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 r.burgundy said:
yeah thats exactly what it is
 12-26-2012, 01:52 PM         #371
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:
No and I didn't like the overall "message" of that movie but my bigger problem with him is like I said, the dumb sh*t he does in his personal life. The sh*t w QT, the Zimmerman thing, and obviously now this movie makes him come off like a whiney little bi*ch.
What was the overall message of Do the right thing?
 5 years ago '08        #372
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Peterparker said:
Only sensitive lame white people get uptight about the white and black jokes

And it's funny Richard Pryor was actually one of the first comedians doing this but this was after years and years of white comedians making negative jokes about black people or doing black face.

This is why Black comedians start doing that bit in the first place. Cuz we didn't have a voice to give our perspective on black and white relations. We didn't get a chance to voice our side of things cuz before then we only got white's depicting us in a comedic manner at our expense.
O that's what we were saying?

More like a lot of it just isn't funny. Chapelle could do it in an entertaining way, Mooney's comedy is just for highschool retards.
 12-26-2012, 01:59 PM         #373
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:
O that's what we were saying?

More like a lot of it just isn't funny. Chapelle could do it in an entertaining way, Mooney's comedy is just for highschool retards.
But Mooney wrote for the Chapelle show also.........wouldn't be suprised if most of the racial bits he had a hand in
 5 years ago '07        #374
r.burgundy 16 heat pts16
space
space
 SlickJ101 said:
what was tha message in do the right thing,and what dumb sh*t besides that zimmerman thing?

u dont feel he should take offense to tarantino's gratuitous use of tha word n1gger?
 5 years ago '08        #375
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 r.burgundy said:
what was tha message in do the right thing,and what dumb sh*t besides that zimmerman thing?

u dont feel he should take offense to tarantino's gratuitous use of tha word n1gger?
Maybe not the overall message I guess but the message of the last 20 mins was retarded. Basically the police unjustly k!lled a black man so the course of action is to fu*k up a white man's business in your own community. Retarded.

No. People act like he does that in every movie which is stupid. There are plenty of racist white people who do talk like that (esp ex-cons). If people really have a problem with him using it in a movie that's set during slavery then they're really too stupid to even bother with (spike).

He's just a really pretentious motherfu*ker who thinks his opinion should count for more than it does. Don't get me wrong though I like quite a few of his films but he's def a douchebag.
 12-26-2012, 03:41 PM         #376
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
But Mooney wrote for the Chapelle show also.........wouldn't be suprised if most of the racial bits he had a hand in
Yeah but when Mooney delivers stuff he comes off as an as*hole and it doesn't help his material isn't that great to begin with. Some of his stuff IS funny but most of it IMO is not. Chappelle's delivery along with the subject matter is what makes it funny.
 5 years ago '06        #377
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 SlickJ101 said:
Maybe not the overall message I guess but the message of the last 20 mins was retarded. Basically the police unjustly k!lled a black man so the course of action is to fu*k up a white man's business in your own community. Retarded.

No. People act like he does that in every movie which is stupid. There are plenty of racist white people who do talk like that (esp ex-cons). If people really have a problem with him using it in a movie that's set during slavery then they're really too stupid to even bother with (spike).

He's just a really pretentious motherfu*ker who thinks his opinion should count for more than it does. Don't get me wrong though I like quite a few of his films but he's def a douchebag.
 12-26-2012, 04:26 PM         #378
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 SlickJ101 said:

:Smh: that was not the point of the movie(of course from someone like you I would expect that) to be honest I dont even think there was a point to the movie, other then he felt that blacks in community were not getting respect......but other then that the movie was pretty just a perspective of an extraordinary day in New York......

And it seems that you and people like you are the ones who gave him the platform.....just because he said he did not plan on seeing it......how you equate that to him being pretentious who thinks his opinion should count I dont know.....because thats your perspective. My question is why does his opinion bother you so much? I mean I know why because always see the comments you post in threads like this to be honest its always on that anti black empowerment bullsh*t you be on........but in this case I think people like you are seriously blowing his opinion out of porportion.........and using his feelings to take out your frustrations on black people that bother you because they are always concerned with race....and dont typically place whites in a positive light...........which from experience usually just equates to you being racist yourself and like I said hating black empowerment.....or maybe just black people period.
 5 years ago '05        #379
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,788 | Props total: 4903 4903
Lacks the courage and creativity to explore slavery in the way QT did....

Spike my man....nobody even knows you made movies. Knick fan is the first thing people think about when your name comes up. Stop hating...
 5 years ago '05        #380
iggyemu 
space
space
$24,788 | Props total: 4903 4903
Double post.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
130 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
104 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Ultimate mugen build(tell me the characters and Ill build you a custom game)
49 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
NBA Jahlil making the move to small forward
114 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
64 comments
1 day ago
@gear
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
96 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
32 comments
1 day ago