Spike Lee Slams Django Unchained: "I'm Not Gonna See It"

most viewed right now
 97
Video inside Tay K has signed a record deal with 88 Classic Records worth millions.
38 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 90
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
61 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
 77
Image(s) inside Chinx’s Killer attended his funeral!!!!!smh
137 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 71
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
70 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook
 

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #281
Jazzy Soul 27 heat pts27
space
avatar space
space
$14,162 | Props total: 10 10
 Dos-effect said:
Can we stop pretending like this board is a Harvard application.......nobody fu*king cares about punctuation......and I'm not getting graded for my post...............and these periods.........indicate a pause........but outside of that I don't give a rats a.ss about punctuation or grammar.......in most cases it has nothing to do with education or intelligence............and my views are not delusional........its an opinion that has alot of truth behind them......but when it comes down to it....to each its own.....its not wrong to use and its not wrong not to use it.......but if your insensitive enough to use it around black people and you know you probably should not........then don't blame them for getting offended...........just like you don't walk up to a group of women and call them bi*ches......if you don't know them.......even you hear them using it to each other.......
He kinda has a point though......... yeah maybe nobody cares about grammar on a message board....... but when you read it........ It comes off like an....... asthmatic that can't...... get all his words out.....
 5 years ago '06        #282
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 TB said:
roots is a MANDATORY watch at least once in ya lifetime, u can't be serious
its comments like that dude, that make realize that i cant take these threads seriously. alot of ignorant people trying to sound smart, by acting like that have this sense of racial awareness, and then say dumb sh*t like that

edit: not you, im talking about the dude you are responding to


Last edited by nightmare; 12-24-2012 at 04:49 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #283
vikvon 3 heat pts
space
avatar space
space
$2,925 | Props total: 376 376
I like Spike but he needs to just fall back on this one. Stop being bated by reporters cause they know you are going to talk negatively about it rather than say "no comment" and keep it moving.

As for the movie I'm not offended because we all know Tarentino is not original and his movies are all homages to sh*t that has been made before. Django has been made plenty of times especially by Fred Williamson. Go watch The Legend of ****** Charlie, The Soul of ****** Charlie and Boss ****** and you will see where Tarentino's inspiration came from.


[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]



[video - click to view]

 12-24-2012, 08:58 AM         #284
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 nightmare said:
its comments like that dude, that make realize that i cant take these threads seriously. alot of ignorant people trying to sound smart, by acting like that have this sense of racial awareness, and then say dumb sh*t like that
Why though? I kinda agree with him......even though its old its a very powerful movie that is based on true events.....as a black child in America, your history is not taught in history book.....what is slavery a 2 page observation of co-incidental circumstances.......the child does not get a full grasp of the world they live in or what they will have to look foward too............black children NEED TO UNDERSTAND thier history and why the world hates them........that way they can keep their identity and not grow up thinking that this western way of living is the natural order of things where whites dominate and blacks and minorities have to cater to that idea that everything white is righ and everything that is not is somehow wrong, ignorant, or savegery........
 5 years ago '04        #285
killababi 31 heat pts31
space
avatar space
space
$16,552 | Props total: 2661 2661
Jamie Foxx a sellout
Kerry Washington a sellout
Samuel L Jackson a sellout
They perfect for this sh*t

This exactly wat bamboozled was about
Gone head n be a ****** for my entertainment.
 5 years ago '12        #286
ScroogeMcDuck 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$6,937 | Props total: 26 26
 Jazzy Soul said:
He kinda has a point though......... yeah maybe nobody cares about grammar on a message board....... but when you read it........ It comes off like an....... asthmatic that can't...... get all his words out.....

[pic - click to view]

 5 years ago '10        #287
Bandito 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$4,865 | Props total: 7108 7108
If I'm not mistaken Tarantino has said he makes two kinds of movies.

His movies and the ulta-violent exploitation movies the characters in
his movies watch. I think Django is in the second category.

For instance in Inglorious Basterds, Hitler dies by being k!lled in a movie
theater, instead of in his bunker by suicide. That's supposed to be "real
life" in a QT film. But, it's not historically accurate.

I know there are detailed articles about what is real and what is not in
the Tarantino universe.

I've even heard that QT considers this his prequel to Shaft.

I'll be checking for this film, but I don't let movies make me feel any kind of way.
 12-24-2012, 02:48 PM         #288
lilja808 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
there go white people using our struggle for entertainment agian
 5 years ago '12        #289
ScroogeMcDuck 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$6,937 | Props total: 26 26
 lilja808 said:
there go white people using our struggle for entertainment agian


Our struggle? You weren't no slave. You live like a king compared to the sh*t they went through.

That's the real disrespectful sh*t. Acting like you've gone through anything close to what they did.
 5 years ago '06        #290
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Dos-effect said:
Why though? I kinda agree with him......even though its old its a very powerful movie that is based on true events.....as a black child in America, your history is not taught in history book.....what is slavery a 2 page observation of co-incidental circumstances.......the child does not get a full grasp of the world they live in or what they will have to look foward too............black children NEED TO UNDERSTAND thier history and why the world hates them........that way they can keep their identity and not grow up thinking that this western way of living is the natural order of things where whites dominate and blacks and minorities have to cater to that idea that everything white is righ and everything that is not is somehow wrong, ignorant, or savegery........
i think you misunderstood, i was referring the clown he was responding to, who was trying to sh*t on Roots
 5 years ago '06        #291
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 lilja808 said:
there go white people using our struggle for entertainment agian
movies are for entertainment, whether a white man makes it or a black man makes it


based on your logic, if spike lee made a movie about slavery, hes being disrespectful

he can talk all that black empowerment sh*t all he wants, at the end of the day, n*gga makes movies to get paid
 12-24-2012, 05:22 PM         #292
jimflu 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So he says he can't speak on it because he's not going to see it.

Proceeds to speak on it as if hes seen it.
 12-24-2012, 05:26 PM         #293
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ScroogeMcDuck said:
Our struggle? You weren't no slave. You live like a king compared to the sh*t they went through.

That's the real disrespectful sh*t. Acting like you've gone through anything close to what they did.
no whats disrespectful is you trying to detach descendants from ancestors... yes OUR STRUGGLE
 12-24-2012, 05:34 PM         #294
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:
*SYMPATHIZE.

and second of all this happens all the time to everyone. Have you ever heard anyone say "STOP ACTIN' LIKE A bi*ch!"?
bi*ch PLEASE
 5 years ago '12        #295
ScroogeMcDuck 38 heat pts38
space
avatar space
space
$6,937 | Props total: 26 26
 Niruggg said:
no whats disrespectful is you trying to detach descendants from ancestors... yes OUR STRUGGLE
Not trying to detach anything, anyone who can't see that the struggle today isn't connected to slavery is an idiot (which is why people saying blacks should get over slavery is stupid).

But the struggle now isn't comparable to what it was then, so don't even try to act like it is. And you putting what you go through in the same sentence as what they had to go through is flat out disrespectful.
 5 years ago '11        #296
box5 
space
space
space
$2,989 | Props total: 14 14
 Motion said:
this is coming from the guy that made "Bamboozled"


[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




Spike does a movie filled with characters in black face but yet somehow Django is disrespectful to his ancestors?

and he hasn't even seen the damn movie
I hope you ain't black cause you missed the whole point and took the cheap pic route lol. How bout you explain what spike's movie was about yell™
 5 years ago '10        #297
Bandito 92 heat pts92
space
space
space
$4,865 | Props total: 7108 7108
 Motion said:
this is coming from the guy that made "Bamboozled"


[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




[pic - click to view]




Spike does a movie filled with characters in black face but yet somehow Django is disrespectful to his ancestors?

and he hasn't even seen the damn movie



He got a lot of replies for this. I'm hoping he posted this, so people see the hypocrisy.
If so it's the one of the best troll moves I've seen this year.

 5 years ago '06        #298
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
avatar space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 jimflu said:
So he says he can't speak on it because he's not going to see it.

Proceeds to speak on it as if hes seen it.
 5 years ago '12        #299
Trelli3Matrix 
space
avatar space
space
$10,722 | Props total: 5697 5697
this is coming from the same nicca who put that fake zimmerman address on twitter and got that lil couple's house visited by 100s of people?? really?? get the fck outta here spike lee. after that, there aint sht you can say that can justify anything right/wrong. thats like me k!llin a person, then gettin mad at someone for slappin someone else. fck u spike!
 5 years ago '08        #300
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
avatar space
space
$12,977 | Props total: 5541 5541
 Trelli3Matrix said:
this is coming from the same nicca who put that fake zimmerman address on twitter and got that lil couple's house visited by 100s of people?? really?? get the fck outta here spike lee. after that, there aint sht you can say that can justify anything right/wrong. thats like me k!llin a person, then gettin mad at someone for slappin someone else. fck u spike!
I forgot about that!
Home      
  
 

 






most viewed right now
 47
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
105 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 46
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
48 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
74 comments
20 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
 27
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
180 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 27
Jeezy dissed Ralo on "Respect" , i told Ralo and its about to go down.
274 comments
23 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
 22
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
65 comments
21 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
 14
Article inside Dustin Hoffman Accused of Sexual Misconduct by 5 More Women, Includin..
36 comments
21 hours ago
@movies
most viewed right now
 13
Black thought freestyles on funk flex | #freestyle087
186 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
back to top
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy