Jeezy Sets the Record Straight With Budden and Akademiks | Everyday Struggle
180 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL The Explicit Details of Accusations Vs NFL Network Employees
52 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside Jay Z's Tidal Is Running Out Of Cash & On Verge Of Bankruptcy, Lost $36..
71 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Lonzo Ball still disrespecting Nas
62 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-23-2012, 03:44 PM         #221
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Spike Lee is a good director. He's made some pretty good films in his career.

- Do The Right Thing
- Jungle Fever
- Clockers
- Inside Man

But keep it real. Spike Lee and Quentin Tarantino are not in the same league.

I always feel like Spike was TOO committed to making "black" films that (he felt) spoke for black people.

Meanwhile Quentin Tarrantino was making some of the most iconic films of the past 25 years. Period.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Thats the difference. Spike is a great black director.

Tarrantino is an iconic director, period.

He can write black characters of all kinds (better than Spike in some cases). He can write white characters of all kinds.

His films have some of the most memorable dialogue in movies period.

in terms of writing characters and dialogue, Spike aint in the same league as QT.

What John Hughes did for film dialogue in the 80's, Tarantino (and Kevin Smith) did on another level in the 90's.

Spike Lee has made a lot of good movies. Not many are iconic (besides "Do The Right Thing")

Quentin Tarantino's films forever are part of the American lexicon.
interesting take

ManWithoutFear! said:
Yet & still, I didn't come in here callin' anybody out their names. I didn't question anyones intelligence or get all excited. Didn't call Quentin Tarrantino fans f*ggots & what not.
except you stereotyped me and implied I didn't understand it but I guess that's not similar at all to questioning anyone's intelligence or racism?

ManWithoutFear! said:
Seriously, if someone has to explain that movie to you then you clearly missed the point & probably had no business watching the sh*t to begin with.
2012 & sh*t STILL needs to be "explained" to white people about race. If you peeped the sh*t cause you heard Canibus was in the movie we completely understand.

trying to act holier than thou while taking shots and failing and then backtracking to seem like the better person

Last edited by Cheeze; 12-23-2012 at 03:46 PM..
 12-23-2012, 03:48 PM         #222
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
Dont look like a moron while you call someone else a moron son, tighten up.

And youre little estimated yearly income is cute.

I got this dude telling me how much he makes a year without even asking or insinuating that youre broke. I leave that talk for the feeble minded folk who get a self esteem boost off petty sh*t like that.

As far as this debate, i think its pretty obvious my points had a bigger impact than intended.
My estimated huh? .....So you insinuated that I was a stock boy.........then I drop my income and now I'm feeble minded........just admit it bi*ch.......you caught feelings........whats crazy is 40,000 actually is kinda low end so its really nothing to brag about................but n*gga if you are intimidated by $40,000 a year.......then its you who is the broke one not me...................................."Dont look like a moron while you call someone else a moron son, tighten up"..........take your own advice bruh.....
 5 years ago '08        #223
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,024 | Props total: 5085 5085
 TheMindOf said:
I really don't want to get into issues of semantics and cultural norms.

I don't create the double standards. I just comment on them.

In terms of film, I would say the main reason for the whole "Black films" thing is because when majority black cast films were first made, they were in fact made to cater specifically to black audiences.

The reason being, that it was felt that there was no content being made for black people. That it was all "White Films" being made and therefore black actors and directors couldn't get their foot in the door.

Thats why we had the whole Blaxploitation genre came from.

If you look up the definition of Blaxploitation it says

So initially black people put themselves in that box of "movies with black casts are black movies"

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Then on top of that, when Blaxploitation ends

The majority of black films became about hood sh*t, or black culture specifically. Because as somebody said in here earlier "these are stories that need to be told" according to some black directors.

Thats why it's engrained in peoples minds that when they see a film with a majority black cast, that its a "black" movie.

Doesn't mean a "black film" can't cross cultural boundaries if its good enough.

Its the same reason why "The Godfather" is really an Italian movie with italian undertones but its so good that it crosses cultural boundaries.

A good 30% of the Godfather II is in Sicilian and people of all races still fu*k with it.
Seriously you are very uninformed or your leaving sh*t out for your benefit. Blaxplotation ended in the late 70s and that when Spike took over and changed black cinema. Not until 1991 did you get a so called "hood movie" what ever the fu*k that is. So you is Django a black movie? Or a hood movie? I mean is a movie about black culture right?
 12-23-2012, 03:54 PM         #224
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cheeze said:
except you stereotyped me and implied I didn't understand it but I guess that's not similar at all to question anyone's intelligence?

trying to act holier than thou while taking shots and failing and then backtracking to seem like the better person
Answer me this though...

So now we officially have 3 topics to toss into the "sensitive whiny folks" discussion in this thread?

Spike, the entire population of blacks in America...

& YOU?!

You said I failed at "stereotyping" you right?
Do like how the white posters tell us to do & just "let it go."

Didnt I offer to link you the flik?
Theres NO good in my heart?
 12-23-2012, 03:59 PM         #225
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:
You want me to be open minded about "******?"

Let me see how this could be uplifting.

Like sticking it to the man? Like... You called us a dirty word and we just flipped it and made it ours now?

Wrong. If it still offends you that a person that isn't black calls you "n*gga" then it's not sticking it to the man.

Ignorance is keeping alive the word "******" and using it recreationaly. I'm sure you're ancestors being hosed down in the streets back in the day would be so proud you use that word on a day to day basis.
My ancestors being hosed down in the street would be proud of the fact that NWA helped to spark a global culture and genre of music that helped changed the world, and that this genre has helped the black race in America do diversify ourselves by promotion of struggle and turn that into wealth. The word n*gga IS NOT A BAD WORD..........its orgins were derived from a dark and ugly place.......in addition to others words such as ****, porch monkey, jiga boo and various other words that whites invented to define us as a race. But like any other worth in human dialect the word evolved........just like it evolved from Negus and Negro which is the common word for black................****** however is a word that was invented and and self defined to disgrace black people..........just as n*gga is now used affectionately in the black community. There is nothing wrong with the word.......as it has both positive and negative attachments to it........but most of the negative attachment comes from white people.......who now are leading opposition of the use of the word in the black community. Which is oddly strange to me........because when it was ****** it was acceptable as the norm........but now that blacks have morphed into something else........now its whites who attempting to tell us that we shouldn't use it..........you know nothing of the significance of the word when used appropriately amongst blacks..........and the impact of the word when used improperly around whites who are opposing the word because they oppose being told what they can and cannot say from black Americans........but its fine for them to tell us this
 12-23-2012, 04:01 PM         #226
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Miracle at St. Anna was a critical and commercial disaster.

Four Little Girls and When the Levees Break are good docs, but nobody ever talks about them because most people haven't seen them.

And I'll give you Malcolm X.

None of those films though are comparable to QT's works.

We talking about a guy who's films are forever woven into the Popular Culture.

We're talking about films that have no race because everyone can enjoy the art of them. Thats why you see references to his stuff in ART, Hip Hop, popular TV, Music.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

(banksy)

[pic - click to view]

See what I'm saying. Spike has a lot of great stuff, but he don't got that Tarantino work, that makes the whole world take notice (not just one specific race).
i'm not so much arguing against your point as i am making the point that Spike makes film that need to be made. I don't care how successful Miracle at St. Anna was or wasn't (it's one of my favorites) it was a story that needed to be told. As was Malcolm X, Four Little Girls and esp. When the Levees Broke. Spike makes films that are necessary to the black landscape of mindless bullsh*t that is constantly pushed at us.

Now if your saying Spike isn't comparable to QT as far as Pop recognizability...ok but i wasn't making that comparison.(and your wrong but thats besides the point)

EDIT:"This film (DJANGO) may someday become a rite of passage for young black males"

Last edited by Niruggg; 12-24-2012 at 01:52 AM..
 5 years ago '04        #227
cold_young_thug 40 heat pts40
space
space
$9,606 | Props total: 1774 1774
 Jumpoff21 said:
:ohhellnonas:

I think you missed the point of bamboozled.....
Then why can't you miss the point of django?!
 5 years ago '08        #228
[Trini Yute] 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,028 | Props total: 519 519
lol white people stay trynna tell black people how they should feel about slavery smh
 12-23-2012, 04:11 PM         #229
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:
1. The main reason why I don't want to get deeper into this with you is because you're absolutely delusional about the usage of the word being this... "movement" as an uprising of black culture. It is a bastardization of ignorance.

2. You need to learn how to properly use punctuation, all of your ellipses just make your arguments look jumbled and... well, not smart.

It makes sense though to try to justify the usage of the word n*gga. It's become an every day word, a lot of people say it, and no one wants to admit to using a word kept alive from ignorance. So I won't dog you for using the word.

...n*gga.
Can we stop pretending like this board is a Harvard application.......nobody fu*king cares about punctuation......and I'm not getting graded for my post...............and these periods.........indicate a pause........but outside of that I don't give a rats a.ss about punctuation or grammar.......in most cases it has nothing to do with education or intelligence............and my views are not delusional........its an opinion that has alot of truth behind them......but when it comes down to it....to each its own.....its not wrong to use and its not wrong not to use it.......but if your insensitive enough to use it around black people and you know you probably should not........then don't blame them for getting offended...........just like you don't walk up to a group of women and call them bi*ches......if you don't know them.......even you hear them using it to each other.......

Last edited by Dos-effect; 12-23-2012 at 04:14 PM..
 12-23-2012, 04:13 PM         #230
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Answer me this though...

So now we officially have 3 topics to toss into the "sensitive whiny folks" discussion in this thread?

Spike, the entire population of blacks in America...

& YOU?!

You said I failed at "stereotyping" you right?
Do like how the white posters tell us to do & just "let it go."

Didnt I offer to link you the flik?
Theres NO good in my heart?
I never had an interest in seeing the movie. It was just startling that the interpretation of a movie could have 2 takes on opposite ends. So I posed the question as to why everyone was just saying - "did you not get the point of that movie?" Without explaining the point of it. Maybe they didn't know it Then you came at me implying I wasn't intelligent enough to understand it or comprehend racism in 2012. You tried to be slick with the Canibus comment and had to backtrack once you realized it was wrong. That's what I was pointing out. So how was I whining?

------------------------------------------------

I think racism, like how Chappelle made his living on tv doing jokes about race, of all races or cultures is funny when done in good taste. Black, white, asian, spanish, etc. I mean you got other people who make jokes about 9/11, dead people, tragic historical events, etc. but there's no uproar If you can't handle it in a comedic setting or in a serious movie then you're pretty soft IMO. I know plenty of black people that like Tarantino and don't get bothered by his use of "n*gga" in his movies. They take them for what they are - movies. It's like individuals are just looking for reason to cry nowadays at the slightest thing - white or black.

[video - click to view]

^^^
I mean does that make it seem like the movie has a serious tone or that he's using the word/slavery setting to abuse the situation/use of the word just cause he felt like it? Some think that it's just cause which is stupid IMO
 12-23-2012, 04:18 PM         #231
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:
You want me to be open minded about "******?"

Let me see how this could be uplifting.

Like sticking it to the man? Like... You called us a dirty word and we just flipped it and made it ours now?

Wrong. If it still offends you that a person that isn't black calls you "n*gga" then it's not sticking it to the man.

Ignorance is keeping alive the word "******" and using it recreationaly. I'm sure you're ancestors being hosed down in the streets back in the day would be so proud you use that word on a day to day basis.
When you listen to hip hop & you hear n*gga do you sit there thinking about all you just said?
Or is this just some sh*t you keep stored away in your microsoft word docs to copy & paste specifically when topics like "the N word" come up here? Now before you start calling me "idiot & stupid" lemme ask you (cause we're having a discussion in here right?)...
How would you look at my grandfather or folks in my family who been saying n*gga for YEARS! Who back then tried in some way shape form take that power away growing up in the south?
Im not trying to be funny. Be a d!ck. Fuhk with you in any way. Im curious is all. If you were to be able to talk to my grandfather/grandmother knowing what I just said & this was a topic of discussion, would you tell them this same sh*t you just said?
 12-23-2012, 04:18 PM         #232
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:
The thing with periods, commas, and punctuation is that it's simple 2nd grade sh*t. When you're formulating an argument it's best to present yourself as knowledgeable person, starting with simple elementary basics.

Just sayin' yo.
Yes and when I write papers I make sure to implement them as needed........as I have respect for what I write and the professors who read them..........but you n*ggas............yall just some off brand clowns on the internet........the need to impress yall is not really a priority........you feel me?
 12-23-2012, 04:20 PM         #233
Games Addict 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
They'd be proud in the same world where they start hosing eachother down to uplift themselves, and take back the hoeses from the white man...
 12-23-2012, 04:22 PM         #234
Twelve 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
people really arguing about this movie like that and haven't seen it?

I seriously find stereotypical bullsh*t movies and shows more offensive than some people saying n*gga over a hundred times. The stereotypical sh*t is what makes people who aren't black mimic what's said and done thinking its some funny sh*t to repeat. I don't know why people are really making a big fuss about it anyways. The most anybody is gonna do that's offended is bi*ch about it for a day or so then forget they saw it...just like anything else.
 5 years ago '10        #235
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
To get back to the point of this thread.

I think Spike Lee is a great director,

A lot of his work is genius. I just wish he wouldn't tarnish his name by acting like such a d!ck ALL THE TIME.

It's been known for a long time that he's a fu*k-n*gga and an attention wh0ore.

This reminds me of when he was doing press for "Malcolm X" and he specifically requested that they only send black reporters to do the interviews because white reporters "didn't understand the subject matter"

Or when he sued Spike Tv for using the word "Spike" in their title

Samuel L Jackson has worked with both Spike Lee and Quentin Tarantino (multiple films with both)

Why do you think that when that sh*t popped off between Lee and Tarantino (and Lee was trying to regulate how many times QT could use the "n-word" in his films), Sam Jackson was just like "shut up you dweeb"

Thats how Spike Lee be coming off. Like a whinny dweeb.

Now I hear about this sh*t. It really does seem like he's jealous of Tarantino and how revered his work is.
 12-23-2012, 04:24 PM         #236
Cheeze 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Games Addict said:
They'd be proud in the same world where they start hosing eachother down to uplift themselves, and take back the hoeses from the white man...
yo

hoses
 5 years ago '08        #237
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,962 | Props total: 5529 5529
 TheMindOf said:
To get back to the point of this thread.

I think Spike Lee is a great director,

A lot of his work is genius. I just wish he wouldn't tarnish his name by acting like such a d!ck ALL THE TIME.

It's been known for a long time that he's a fu*k-n*gga and an attention wh0ore.

This reminds me of when he was doing press for "Malcolm X" and he specifically requested that they only send black reporters to do the interviews because white reporters "didn't understand the subject matter"

Or when he sued Spike Tv for using the word "Spike" in their title

Samuel L Jackson has worked with both Spike Lee and Quentin Tarantino (multiple films with both)

Why do you think that when that sh*t popped off between Lee and Tarantino (and Lee was trying to regulate how many times QT could use the "n-word" in his films), Sam Jackson was just like "shut up you dweeb"

Thats how Spike Lee be coming off. Like a whinny dweeb.

Now I hear about this sh*t. It really does seem like he's jealous of Tarantino and how revered his work is.

[pic - click to view]

12-23-2012, 04:32 PM         #238
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 [Trini Yute] said:
lol white people stay trynna tell black people how they should feel about slavery smh
Son, I couldn't imagine how frustrating hearing this sh*t offline would be. Lol
Good thing these same voices they have on here tend to malfunction when not logged on.
 5 years ago '08        #239
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,962 | Props total: 5529 5529
Spike Lee Slams Django... 12-23-2012 05:34 PM TheMindOf lol. my n*gga
You better mean that in the uplifting way.

12-23-2012, 04:56 PM         #240
freakbucket 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
i'm going to trust that jamie foxx and the many other black actors/actresses that are in this film that DO NOT need a check would not have let some white dude just come at them stupid.

but I guess we'll see what happens...
Home      

most viewed right now
Pineapple Pwussy 🍍 😻
39 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
214 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Fake Ashanti Look WAAY BADDER Than The Real Ashanti
36 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Whoo Kid says 50 Cent used to be out here beatin up random drug dealers
140 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
84 comments
21 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Guy programs old Chuck E Cheese Animatronics to perform Pop Lock and Drop It
37 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
54 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
191 comments
23 hours ago
@wild'ish
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy