Spike Lee Slams Django Unchained: "I'm Not Gonna See It"

most viewed right now
NFL So lets speculate what the Antonio Brown injury might be
23 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
NFL JuJu turns the hit on Vontaze Burfict that got him suspended into a TD cel..
18 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
65 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
18 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-23-2012, 03:19 PM         #201
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vinceisallin said:
The only different is these whiny blacks cry about everything. Don't even need a black victim no more. I see articles, people like if he black this and that lol, and next thing you know these morons got ten pages of history of slavey, or every sin committed by whitey.

I don't get why black people are so sensitive about sh*t. Why you gonna say n*gga every other word, then it's wartime when it's someone else that ain't black. So I gotta be careful not to say n*gga cuz I'm not born into it hahah that just sounds dumb. Discrimination? How does a culture own words? Bc some slave owner said it, so it only what's it right YOU can say it. That's disrespecting your ancestors
You can say whatever the hell you want.
If this is about why you can or can't say any variation of "n*gga" because youre not black, think about it like this...

Yall came up with the word.

You wanna say it? Fuhkit.

Go for it.
 5 years ago '08        #202
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
$12,980 | Props total: 5552 5552
 Jazzy Soul said:
Admittedly, I haven't seen the trailer. I was just going by the description I've heard.
You should of just shut the fu*k up then and let the adults talk.
 5 years ago '08        #203
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 Esdot said:
Tell that n*gga shut the fu*k up. He just mad because QT isn't black. Ice Cube could have wrote this movie and Spike would have been at the Opening Showing, looking like a **** in a blazer, knicks jersey and Jordans. Talking about disrespecting his ancestors.
 5 years ago '08        #204
[Trini Yute] 8 heat pts
space
space
$2,034 | Props total: 525 525
 Jumpoff21 said:
:ohhellnonas:

I think you missed the point of bamboozled.....
I was about to say the same exact thing. Homeboy's post made absolutely no sense.
 5 years ago '11        #205
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 Dos-effect said:
Nothing else to say in regards to what? And what level did you get me on? You made a very generic and unimpactful statement once again running to the aide of white people that you feel are being disrespected. You offered nothing insightful what so ever..........and you somehow equate this to your mighty "wit".......the same person who took a non racial comment and turned into some sort of racial remark against all Hispanic people.......your a moron.........and out of the people on this board......your always the easiest to pin point and embarrass.......not to mention your hypocrisy that you that you display when even you take sides in your ever ending attempt to paint black people as racist........you always seem to ignore the other posters and directly target your sites on things that are against whitey.......or things you perceive to be racist......because they are not in line with your a.ss kissing nature.........
Lmao im not even gonna entertain all that nonsense you just wasted your time writing cause its not even close to being true

You can try to flip the script and make it seem whatever you want.

Bottom line is you got a victim mentality, youre a racist who flip flops on his views depending on who hes talking to, youre illiterate on top of everything, and you argue/debate like a typical angry female. Have fun in the stock room taking orders from 2 white ladies. Im sure that has nothing to do with where your frustrations come from

Oh and its "youre a moron" not "your".. Ironic huh?

12-23-2012, 03:24 PM         #206
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 vinceisallin said:
The only different is these whiny blacks cry about everything. Don't even need a black victim no more. I see articles, people like if he black this and that lol, and next thing you know these morons got ten pages of history of slavey, or every sin committed by whitey.

I don't get why black people are so sensitive about sh*t. Why you gonna say n*gga every other word, then it's wartime when it's someone else that ain't black. So I gotta be careful not to say n*gga cuz I'm not born into it hahah that just sounds dumb. Discrimination? How does a culture own words? Bc some slave owner said it, so it only what's it right YOU can say it. That's disrespecting your ancestors
First off ****** was used FIRST BY WHITES.........and later by blacks who do use the word because we choose to, it does have a different meaning and for many of us does not equate to ignorance, laziness, or incompetence.......where as ****** stands for these exact traits..............if black choose to use the word that was transformed to degrade us now by using it in a different way that now means so many different other things that uplift or bring people closer.........who the fu*k are you to question that..........

Secondly slavery was just as important to the history of this country as the revolutionary and civil war......its history and further more its conflicted part of history that still shows its impact with the structure of this country and world today........a 10 page article on slavery is just that.....it should have no implications other then a historical period in the growth of this country where an entire race was indeed chained and shackled....and I'm sorry are you blaming blacks for acknowledging the violent history of white America? Were we the ones who committed these crimes against ourselves........or was it whites doing foul sh*t back then that makes it even possible today to depict these instances? I'm shocked that you somehow break that struggle down black people bi*ching................what kind of fu*king idiot are you my dude?
 5 years ago '06        #207
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 GST said:
haven't seen what ? django ? aint it about a caucasian and his ****** sidekick thas supposedly tryna avenge his ****** wife's death against another caucasian that looks to be the general of an army ? [ as this is how they would be described in that particular setting]

i don't have to see it

cuz thas CLEARLY some made up shyt !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 5 years ago '06        #208
yumflip 4 heat pts
space
space
$9,642 | Props total: 2342 2342
It amazes how easily other people are able to tell Black people how they should synthesize their experiences and how they should feel about them. Truly amazes me.
 5 years ago '08        #209
SlickJ101 22 heat pts22
space
space
 yumflip said:
It amazes how easily other people are able to tell Black people how they should synthesize their experiences and how they should feel about them. Truly amazes me.
Did you synthesize that from this thread?
 12-23-2012, 03:30 PM         #210
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
Lmao im not even gonna entertain all that nonsense you just wasted your time writing cause its not even close to being true

You can try to flip the script and make it seem whatever you want.

Bottom line is you got a victim mentality, youre a racist who flip flops on his views depending on who hes talking to, youre illiterate on top of everything, and you argue/debate like a typical angry female. Have fun in the stock room taking orders from 2 white ladies. Im sure that has nothing to do with where your frustrations come from

Oh and its "youre a moron" not "your".. Ironic huh?

Grammatical errors again bruh? So im should be I'm huh, and its should be it's huh......and youre(youre my n*gga?) ITS YOU'RE..........FOH with that bullsh*t.......blind leading the blind a.ss n*gga.................and secondly n*gga I make almost 40,000 a year in the healthcare field...after taxes...........fu*k are you talking about.........take your dusty a.ss back to the rat hole you crawled out from......come on the site just to make stupid a.ss comments about sh*t you know nothing about.........and next time you want to make a point about grammar.........spell check your own sh*t before you end up getting fu*king owned........
 5 years ago '06        #211
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 Soda Pop said:
You just explained why Spike ain't fu*king wit this movie.

1. Hollywood wouldn't let Spike or any other black director to make a real slave film say about Nat Turner just breaking free and offing dirty blood white folks.
TBH if spike had enough support from the black communitty he COULD make that movie, so think about that
 5 years ago '08        #212
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,032 | Props total: 5112 5112
 TheMindOf said:
Miracle at St. Anna was a critical and commercial disaster.

Four Little Girls and When the Levees Break are good docs, but nobody ever talks about them because most people haven't seen them.

And I'll give you Malcolm X.

None of those films though are comparable to QT's works.

We talking about a guy who's films are forever woven into the Popular Culture.

We're talking about films that have no race because everyone can enjoy the art of them. Thats why you see references to his stuff in ART, Hip Hop, popular TV, Music.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

(banksy)

[pic - click to view]

See what I'm saying. Spike has a lot of great stuff, but he don't got that Tarantino work, that makes the whole world take notice (not just one specific race).
Be for real son Spike was one of the first directors to be engrossed in pop culture the way he was.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

12-23-2012, 03:37 PM         #213
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 yumflip said:
I know you fuhked up on "sympathize" but I feel you all the same.
Remember when Jews were whiny & sensitive to everyone back in the day for all of what? A couple weeks? Lol
 12-23-2012, 03:39 PM         #214
Games Addict 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ movie that pisses off Spike Lee? Now I know I'm watching Django... It sure as sh*t wasn't even on my radar until now..
 12-23-2012, 03:39 PM         #215
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 jpebenito said:

Let's be real. n*ggas saying n*gga doesn't "uplift" or "bring people closer." It's bastardized ignorance. Don't tell me it's anything other than that.
So your closed mindedness about the word is not ignorance in its own right? Be real about that sh*t first........
 5 years ago '11        #216
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 Dos-effect said:
Grammatical errors again bruh? So im should be I'm huh, and its should be it's huh......and youre(youre my n*gga?) ITS YOU'RE..........FOH with that bullsh*t.......blind leading the blind a.ss n*gga.................and secondly n*gga I make almost 40,000 a year in the healthcare field...after taxes...........fu*k are you talking about.........take your dusty a.ss back to the rat hole you crawled out from......come on the site just to make stupid a.ss comments about sh*t you know nothing about.........and next time you want to make a point about grammar.........spell check your own sh*t before you end up getting fu*king owned........
Dont look like a moron while you call someone else a moron son, tighten up.

And youre little estimated yearly income is cute.

I got this dude telling me how much he makes a year without even asking or insinuating that youre broke. I leave that talk for the feeble minded folk who get a self esteem boost off petty sh*t like that.

As far as this debate, i think its pretty obvious my points had a bigger impact than intended.
 5 years ago '10        #217
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Dos-effect said:
But how do you know he puts movies out for one specific race?.......If movies with ALL WHITE cast are supposed to be looked at as "universal" then why are movies with all black cast perceived as "movies made for black people only" Its not our fault that whites dont support movies with all black cast......it does not reflect how good the movie was........but more so how racist white Americans are..............that they feel movies with all black cast are non inclusive and only for black audiences...........but movies made by white directors with all white cast are somehow more appropriate and okay for everyone........your brainwashed my dude.........
I really don't want to get into issues of semantics and cultural norms.

I don't create the double standards. I just comment on them.

In terms of film, I would say the main reason for the whole "Black films" thing is because when majority black cast films were first made, they were in fact made to cater specifically to black audiences.

The reason being, that it was felt that there was no content being made for black people. That it was all "White Films" being made and therefore black actors and directors couldn't get their foot in the door.

Thats why we had the whole Blaxploitation genre came from.

If you look up the definition of Blaxploitation it says

Blaxploitation films were originally made specifically for an urban black audience, although the genre's audience appeal soon broadened to cross-racial and ethnic lines.
So initially black people put themselves in that box of "movies with black casts are black movies"

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Then on top of that, when Blaxploitation ends

The majority of black films became about hood sh*t, or black culture specifically. Because as somebody said in here earlier "these are stories that need to be told" according to some black directors.

Thats why it's engrained in peoples minds that when they see a film with a majority black cast, that its a "black" movie.

Doesn't mean a "black film" can't cross cultural boundaries if its good enough.

Its the same reason why "The Godfather" is really an Italian movie with italian undertones but its so good that it crosses cultural boundaries.

A good 30% of the Godfather II is in Sicilian and people of all races still fu*k with it.
 12-23-2012, 03:41 PM         #218
Games Addict 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
lol @ the word 'n*gga' uplifting people... HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHA... motherfu*ker...
 5 years ago '08        #219
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,032 | Props total: 5112 5112
 nightmare said:
TBH if spike had enough support from the black communitty he COULD make that movie, so think about that
No they wouldn't they would say there's not market out there for a film with a majority black cast like they said about red tails. Like the one QT is putting out on Christmas day, like the one think like a man that did 100mil. Please, there's no end to the games played in hollyweird, they will put out what they want shown not what the audience demands. You think about that.
 12-23-2012, 03:43 PM         #220
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
whoops

Last edited by Niruggg; 12-23-2012 at 04:00 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
120 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Unseen 50 & Yayo footage in 2000 for cash money Tour!
35 comments
18 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
87 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Death of Barry Sherman (Apotex founder) and his wife, December 15, 2017
21 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
320 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
100 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Shane Larkin trolls a BX member
16 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 16 - Virginia woman killed by her pit bulls in ‘grisly mauling’
171 comments
21 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy