Spike Lee Slams Django Unchained: "I'm Not Gonna See It"

most viewed right now
Video inside US DEPARMENT OF DEFENSE RELEASES NAVY JET ENCOUNTER WITH UFO VIDEO :mjd..
23 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
96 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Kevin Hart X-mad card
72 comments
@movies
most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
267 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-23-2012, 02:14 PM         #181
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Yes but see that's an a.ssumption that a retard would make, cause while its evident that intellectually I am very gifted with word and and speech there is no indication that I'm slow.....

Where the avy you posted very clearly shows you to be a flat slob bastard who wears outdated t-shirts that are entirely to small for him to be wearing........not to mention the lack luster ploy to seem cool by posting an actual pic of yourself smoking what could be perceived as drugs on the internet........that should be great for those job interviews.............don't get mad cause you put your foot in your mouth once again trying to take up again for white people.........

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '08        #182
Nick-401 
space
space
space
$528 | Props total: 1 1
how the fu*k is a racist sh*t suspect for QT?? lmao.. you know the sh*t still exists today right??? seems normal...
 12-23-2012, 02:24 PM         #183
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
Obviously you put "Dos-effect - Boxden Member" on your resume seeing as how youre concerned about potential employers seeing posts made under a pseudonym on a hip hop forum. Im sure employers are lined up to hire you with all the positive, educational, and pro-racial peace posts youve made.. And if they dont hire you, just blame it on racism. On their part of course.

Both of the ladies who hired me for my current position are white........and we get along just fine both in and out side of the work place.........again with your a.ssumptions........but if I were at all stupid enough to post an actual picture of myself anywhere on the internet doing something that could be used against me later in life......then I wouldn't be able to blame racism as the culprit of that.......that would of my own stupidity.......but this conversation is getting as stupid as you look.........so Ill just end it with these words dust mite.........never allow anyone to see more of yourself then what you want them to see.......... regardless of the context of what it is they are looking at............
 12-23-2012, 02:26 PM         #184
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
Havent seen anyone call him that yet 9 pages in.

But lets just pretend that "cracker" wasnt thrown out there in this thread a few times

Racist a.ss white ppl

Oh yeah, and lmaooo at all the idiots talking all that sh*t to buddy who posted that Bamboozled post. Dude didnt even see the movie but yall are getting so angry that he a.ssumed what the plot was just by looking at the posters and pictures of the movie but doesnt really know the main idea cause he never watched it.. Kinda like what Spike Lees doing with Django Unchained but Spike Lees boycott is justified cause, well, hes Spike Lee..

Get all the way the fu*k outta here with all that bullsh*t.. This thread is full of jokes, hypocrites, double standards, d!ckriding, and little kids who just regurgitate what everyone else says.

With that said, im out

inb4angrydudesswarminandstartthehistorylectures
Touch screen bs gonna keep me from responding the way I would like to (cant focus on this redzone sh*t & play tit for tat @ the same time)...

If what lil' ol' me said makes me a "racist" then so be it big boy.

Never said I liked white people in the 1st goddamn place.

Respond how you see fit.

Last edited by ManWithoutFear!; 12-23-2012 at 02:29 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #185
Funeral Barb 363 heat pts363
space
space
$6,198 | Props total: 14000 14000
 UrbanEnterprise said:
I do feel Tarantino takes jabs at the black race on purpose at times

Reservoir Dogs

"you guys are actin like a bunch of ******s, is that what u are, a bunch of ******s"

though it seemed realistic cuz i'm pretty sure thats the way white people conversate plenty of times so it being a movie, i didnt have a problem wit it, makes the movie more realistic

Pulp Fiction

"when u pulled up, did u see a sign that said "dead ****** storage"

i can't defend this one cuz it seems more like a white guy who is considered a friend saying the word ****** in front of his black friend

True Romance

the entire Sicilians being spawned by "******s" scene

though its a great scene, you can feel the downgrading of black people heavily on this scene, again i feel like this is probably how many white people feel and he made realistic dialogue out of it

Inglorious Basterds

that scene where they play that card game where King Kong is bein compared to the story of black people in America, though again, a very funny and entertaining scene

one must ask himself why the continued admiration for black people and the "n" word where it really has nothing to do with story itself or have no major influence on the plot

i love Tarantino but i wouldn't say he's racist, i would say he's more prejudice than anything

honestly though, even if he was racist, it still doesn't take away from his brilliant film making and i will still be watchin Django Unchained
 5 years ago '10        #186
Trilluminati GA 433 heat pts433
space
space
$49,876 | Props total: 13668 13668
I kind of feel him on that, the word ****** is gonna be said A LOT too. sh*t might make me cringe.

I was tripped out when he was on jay leno last week with a dada vest/sweater on

@ the white comments on this subject talkin sh*t about how Spike feels.

Last edited by Trilluminati GA; 12-23-2012 at 02:34 PM..
 12-23-2012, 02:32 PM         #187
Moc5 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Cheeze said:
So after your first a.ssumption failed and tried to stereotype me you try to say I'm upset cause someone won't post a review

I'm just wondering why there's so much confusion over what the point of it was since clearly there's a discrepancy over the interpretation. I mean basic comprehension could see that's what I was getting at
The idiots youre running into are the main reasons i dont comment too much. bunch of fu*kboys looking to argue over the internet.
 12-23-2012, 02:34 PM         #188
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Spike Lee is a good director. He's made some pretty good films in his career.

- Do The Right Thing
- Jungle Fever
- Clockers
- Inside Man

But keep it real. Spike Lee and Quentin Tarantino are not in the same league.

I always feel like Spike was TOO committed to making "black" films that (he felt) spoke for black people.

Meanwhile Quentin Tarrantino was making some of the most iconic films of the past 25 years. Period.

in terms of writing characters and dialogue, Spike aint in the same league as QT.

What John Hughes did for film dialogue in the 80's, Tarantino (and Kevin Smith) did on another level in the 90's.

Spike Lee has made a lot of good movies. Not many are iconic (besides "Do The Right Thing")

Quentin Tarantino's films forever are part of the American lexicon.

What is a "black" movie though, but it has a majority black cast? 99% of holly wood have a majority white cast and they are not considered to be "white" movies........they are supposed to be universal right........fu*k is that about with you bruh? You always have your nose so far up whitey's a.ss its amazing........I mean to each its own.....but goddamn n*gga your a fu*king disgrace to yourself and your fellow man.

I did get what you are saying..........but you lost me with that black movie bullsh*t..........thats a double standard.
 5 years ago '08        #189
Soda Pop 7 heat pts
space
space
$10,030 | Props total: 5112 5112
 TheMindOf said:

- Do The Right Thing
- Jungle Fever
- Clockers
- Inside Man

I always feel like Spike was TOO committed to making "black" films that (he felt) spoke for black people.

Meanwhile Quentin Tarrantino was making some of the most iconic films of the past 25 years. Period.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Thats the difference. Spike is a great black director.

Tarrantino is an iconic director, period.

He can write black characters of all kinds (better than Spike in some cases). He can write white characters of all kinds.

His films have some of the most memorable dialogue in movies period.

in terms of writing characters and dialogue, Spike aint in the same league as QT.

What John Hughes did for film dialogue in the 80's, Tarantino (and Kevin Smith) did on another level in the 90's.

Spike Lee has made a lot of good movies. Not many are iconic (besides "Do The Right Thing")

Spike Lee can write just as well as QT theres no way QTs writing black charters better then Spike. He wrote Jules and some of the dialogue was stolen, then he did Jackie Brown which was arguably his worst film. As far as characters I believe the guy who played Sal in DTRT was nominated for an Oscar. Spike also did Summer Of Sam which as far I can remember had no black people in it as main characters and another underrated Spike Lee film.

Saying Spike Lee is only a "great black director" is like saying Martin "Film God" Scorsese is a great white film director due to the fact that he has no black films at all, ie a stupid a.ss comment. When you start writing characters that p!ss people off you usually are touching on some type of reality, Spike with the Flatbush Bros. did this beautifully in Mo Better Blues, and again white characters. I dont think you or anybody else needs to try to discredit Spike to uplift QT. Both are great writer/directors but keep it real QT never went to School while Spike has a masters in film from NYU. QT was easily able to secure money for Resivor Dogs, while Spike went through hell to make she's gotta have it. Qt can make any fu*kin movie he wants(his words) and Spike is back to paying out of pocket. Theres a reason for this and it's probably the same reason there's never been a black studio head in hollyweird.
 12-23-2012, 02:35 PM         #190
Niruggg 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:

- Do The Right Thing
- Jungle Fever
- Clockers
- Inside Man

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Thats the difference. Spike is a great black director.

Tarrantino is an iconic director, period.

He can write black characters of all kinds (better than Spike in some cases). He can write white characters of all kinds.

His films have some of the most memorable dialogue in movies period.

qt isn't that great a director, i like his films but there's nothing phenomenal about them

and you forgot a few
-Four Little Girls
-When the Levees Broke
-Malcolm X
-Miracle at St Anna

And Spike Lee's are a part of the black lexicon
coming from a fellow black film maker spikes makes films that need to be made. Yes he's a BLACK film maker not just a n*gga making films i.e. Tyler Perry.

Last edited by Niruggg; 12-23-2012 at 02:38 PM..
 12-23-2012, 02:49 PM         #191
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Moc5 said:
The idiots youre running into are the main reasons i dont comment too much. bunch of fu*kboys looking to argue over the internet.
Yet & still, I didn't come in here callin' anybody out their names. I didn't question anyones intelligence or get all excited. Didn't call Quentin Tarrantino fans f*ggots & what not.
I don't know...
I could be missin' something here but it seem the "Tarrantino fans" are more sensitive than us "whiny blacks" who sorta feel where Spikes coming from.
What you think?
 5 years ago '11        #192
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 Dos-effect said:
Both of the ladies who hired me for my current position are white........and we get along just fine both in and out side of the work place.........again with your a.ssumptions........but if I were at all stupid enough to post an actual picture of myself anywhere on the internet doing something that could be used against me later in life......then I wouldn't be able to blame racism as the culprit of that.......that would of my own stupidity.......but this conversation is getting as stupid as you look.........so Ill just end it with these words dust mite.........never allow anyone to see more of yourself then what you want them to see.......... regardless of the context of what it is they are looking at............
So you got nothing else to say on the topic cause i got your dumbass on all levels so you resort to lecturing me on the contents of my avy

I won

ManWithoutFear! said:
Touch screen bs gonna keep me from responding the way I would like to (cant focus on this redzone sh*t & play tit for tat @ the same time)...

If what lil' ol' me said makes me a "racist" then so be it big boy.

Never said I liked white people in the 1st goddamn place.

Respond how you see fit.
I really dont care what yall think, what yall like, or how yall feel. Im just pointing out your hypocrisy and failed logic

Last edited by XxHeAtMaKeRxX; 12-23-2012 at 02:59 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #193
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,844 | Props total: 1756 1756
Wow spike is a pus*y. My ancestors.... Gtfo. I can't stand people like him always bi*ching. He's basically coming At Jamie fox and qt for doing it

Last edited by vinceisallin; 12-23-2012 at 03:02 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #194
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 vinceisallin said:
Wow spike is a pus*y. My ancestors.... Gtfo. I can't stand people like him always bi*ching. He's basically coming Jamie fox and qt for doing it
Not to mention Samuel L Jackson who was big on the civil rights movement back in the day
 12-23-2012, 03:06 PM         #195
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
So you got nothing else to say on the topic cause i got your dumbass on all levels so you resort to lecturing me on the contents of my avy

I won

I really dont care what yall think, what yall like, or how yall feel. Im just pointing out your hypocrisy and failed logic
Nothing else to say in regards to what? And what level did you get me on? You made a very generic and unimpactful statement once again running to the aide of white people that you feel are being disrespected. You offered nothing insightful what so ever..........and you somehow equate this to your mighty "wit".......the same person who took a non racial comment and turned into some sort of racial remark against all Hispanic people.......your a moron.........and out of the people on this board......your always the easiest to pin point and embarrass.......not to mention your hypocrisy that you that you display when even you take sides in your ever ending attempt to paint black people as racist........you always seem to ignore the other posters and directly target your sites on things that are against whitey.......or things you perceive to be racist......because they are not in line with your a.ss kissing nature.........
 5 years ago '10        #196
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 Niruggg said:
qt isn't that great a director, i like his films but there's nothing phenomenal about them

and you forgot a few
-Four Little Girls
-When the Levees Broke
-Malcolm X
-Miracle at St Anna

And Spike Lee's are a part of the black lexicon
coming from a fellow black film maker spikes makes films that need to be made. Yes he's a BLACK film maker not just a n*gga making films i.e. Tyler Perry.
Miracle at St. Anna was a critical and commercial disaster.

Four Little Girls and When the Levees Break are good docs, but nobody ever talks about them because most people haven't seen them.

And I'll give you Malcolm X.

None of those films though are comparable to QT's works.

We talking about a guy who's films are forever woven into the Popular Culture.

We're talking about films that have no race because everyone can enjoy the art of them. Thats why you see references to his stuff in ART, Hip Hop, popular TV, Music.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

(banksy)

[pic - click to view]

See what I'm saying. Spike has a lot of great stuff, but he don't got that Tarantino work, that makes the whole world take notice (not just one specific race).
 5 years ago '06        #197
vinceisallin 11 heat pts11
space
space
$6,844 | Props total: 1756 1756
 ManWithoutFear! said:
Yet & still, I didn't come in here callin' anybody out their names. I didn't question anyones intelligence or get all excited. Didn't call Quentin Tarrantino fans f*ggots & what not.
I don't know...
I could be missin' something here but it seem the "Tarrantino fans" are more sensitive than us "whiny blacks" who sorta feel where Spikes coming from.
What you think?
The only different is these whiny blacks cry about everything. Don't even need a black victim no more. I see articles, people like if he black this and that lol, and next thing you know these morons got ten pages of history of slavey, or every sin committed by whitey.

I don't get why black people are so sensitive about sh*t. Why you gonna say n*gga every other word, then it's wartime when it's someone else that ain't black. So I gotta be careful not to say n*gga cuz I'm not born into it hahah that just sounds dumb. Discrimination? How does a culture own words? Bc some slave owner said it, so it only what's it right YOU can say it. That's disrespecting your ancestors
 12-23-2012, 03:14 PM         #198
ManWithoutFear! 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 XxHeAtMaKeRxX said:
You care.

You wouldn't be here & responding the way you do if you didnt.
I like hearing how people feel about topics like these. For us "adults" it creates dialogue instead of conflict. Positive or negative. Right or wrong. Its just folks discussing how they feel. I'm glad youre excited that you think youve accomplished something but aint noone on this side typing to win no damn body over. Props & posters co-signing my sh*t dont pay my bills. I steada being in such a "rush to catch us simple black folk" slippin why not join the discussion with an open mind?

But good talk though.
Doce
 12-23-2012, 03:14 PM         #199
Dos-effect 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 TheMindOf said:
Miracle at St. Anna was a critical and commercial disaster.

Four Little Girls and When the Levees Break are good docs, but nobody ever talks about them because most people haven't seen them.

And I'll give you Malcolm X.

None of those films though are comparable to QT's works.

We talking about a guy who's films are forever woven into the Popular Culture.

We're talking about films that have no race because everyone can enjoy the art of them. Thats why you see references to his stuff in ART, Hip Hop, popular TV, Music.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

(banksy)

[pic - click to view]

See what I'm saying. Spike has a lot of great stuff, but he don't got that Tarantino work, that makes the whole world take notice (not just one specific race).
But how do you know he puts movies out for one specific race?.......If movies with ALL WHITE cast are supposed to be looked at as "universal" then why are movies with all black cast perceived as "movies made for black people only" Its not our fault that whites dont support movies with all black cast......it does not reflect how good the movie was........but more so how racist white Americans are..............that they feel movies with all black cast are non inclusive and only for black audiences...........but movies made by white directors with all white cast are somehow more appropriate and okay for everyone........your brainwashed my dude.........
 12-23-2012, 03:18 PM         #200
kevante 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Dos-effect said:
Nothing else to say in regards to what? And what level did you get me on? You made a very generic and unimpactful statement once again running to the aide of white people that you feel are being disrespected. You offered nothing insightful what so ever..........and you somehow equate this to your mighty "wit".......the same person who took a non racial comment and turned into some sort of racial remark against all Hispanic people.......your a moron.........and out of the people on this board......your always the easiest to pin point and embarrass.......not to mention your hypocrisy that you that you display when even you take sides in your ever ending attempt to paint black people as racist........you always seem to ignore the other posters and directly target your sites on things that are against whitey.......or things you perceive to be racist......because they are not in line with your a.ss kissing nature.........
Goddamn n*gga, stop trying to come off as "superior" and smart, by being condescending. It's fu*king box den for Christ's sake, not your senior thesis. If there's one place on the internet where we can be informal, it's here.

If you really feel the need to flaunt your supposed intelligence on a fu*king hip hop forum on the internet, which you constantly attempt to do with your weird a.ss never-ending paragraphs full of ellipses, your d!ck must be small as a fun size twix bar. Oh, and you're racist

Last edited by kevante; 12-23-2012 at 03:23 PM..
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
111 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
45 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
21 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
107 comments
20 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
30 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
73 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
115 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy