Dec 21 - NRA: "The Only Thing That Stops A Bad Guy With A Gun Is A Good Guy With A Gun"

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Eaton this booty for Breakfast, Lunch, & Dinner
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside So Maliah blessed us this morning
67 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
119 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NBA Blew $100 million and STILL eating good
79 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '06        #61
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
 FoShizzle8 said:
lets see
columbine had 2 shooters.this school had 1
sorry that 2 people with guns can k!ll 1 with one
also in all the storys about columbine i heard,none of them even mentioned the school having security in it
very true...

and them boys came packin heat... which is rare, illegal handguns are use the most (like 6000 handgun crimes to a 700 rifle/shotgun crimes)
two Glock pistols, a shotgun and an AR-15, a semiautomatic variation of the military's M-16 rifle
 5 years ago '07        #62
stogz 18 heat pts18
space
space
$41,100 | Props total: 30546 30546
You know.... there are 2 things that just happen to be present in every instance of gun violence.

1. People
2. Guns

Now, one of these things need to be banned.
 12-21-2012, 10:10 PM         #63
Los-O 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 stogz said:
You know.... there are 2 things that just happen to be present in every instance of gun violence.

1. People
2. Guns

You know.... there are 2 things that just happen to be present in every instance of car accidents.

1. People
2. Cars

I could go on and on. By your logic, we need to ban A LOT of things in society.
 12-21-2012, 10:12 PM         #64
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Going by his logic I will gladly lend him one of my guns so he can ban himself from life and let us carry on.
 5 years ago '06        #65
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
 Los-O said:
You know.... there are 2 things that just happen to be present in every instance of car accidents.

1. People
2. Cars

You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to StatisticZ again.
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Los-O again.
 5 years ago '04        #66
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 aclockworkred71 said:
I won't ask for sources but you are kidding right? Most r*pes are from friends, most car accidents are close trips near home, most home fires are from candles etc.

You can use this concept to argue avoiding friends, trips to the store, candles etc. But the facts are its a part of life, your statistics don't really move anyone with common sense, most would still be in protection of the 2nd amendment.

I mean there is so many irresponsible people out drinking tonight, lets 'control' alcohol for everyone! Sorry but this logic has failed time and time again.

Projecting people as weak idiots with no common sense isn't a good argument for gun control, don't punish man for his neighbor, this tactic was once used to discriminate millions for no reason, learn from history.
Projecting people as irresponsible idiots is actually a great argument for gun control, this country is filled with irresponsible idiots, with or without criminal records, why give them access to guns ??

You want to talk common sense ?? How about looking at how most developed and industrialized countries that have banned guns have lowered their gun homicide rate ?? Wouldn't someone who's sensible, logical, and objective with no bias be like " Hey, you know what ? it worked for them , why not give it a try ?? I mean what we're doing right now is k!lling 12,000 a year compared to their 30 , shouldn't we a least TRY this, REAL and comprehensive gun control with no loopholes ??? " isn't that common sense ??

What you guys are doing is looking at statistics which are closer to facts than these "theories" you have and saying " Nah , we don't even want to try it , just give us more guns " like we haven't been giving people that for decades and still have a higher firearm homicide rate.

and as for you comparing guns to candles, car trips, and friend r*pe ?? Are You serious ?? do you want to sit down and think about how fallacious that argument is or do you really want me to explain to you why it's stupid ??

FoShizzle8 said:
lets see

also in all the storys about columbine i heard,none of them even mentioned the school having security in it.oh and if you wanna get on security,wasnt it brought out that james holmes specificly picked the theater he was gonna shoot up because of the fact its security sucked
didn't Virginia Tech have a whole on campus police force ??

this discussion goes beyond elementary schools, do we have enough police to man every 100 ft area of every public place where a shooter could decide to hit ??
 12-21-2012, 10:35 PM         #67
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
What's stupid is you keep claiming things as facts and statistics without any supporting documentation what-so-ever. If you prefer their route, go live there, send a postcard. The Constitution and Bill of Rights were written as they are for a reason. You can't pick and choose from a list of things that were set in place to provide a backbone for the ground you walk.
 5 years ago '04        #68
Fameus 6 heat pts
space
space
$7,620 | Props total: 4069 4069
Notice how quickly it became NRA vs. Anti Gun making it if you like guns you wanted this tragedy to happen. Lets be clear NOBODY has the answer. There is a discussion that needs to take place but when everyone is yelling NOBODY is listening. When your only in a conversation for your OWN agenda nothing is being accomplished. If guns were banned today there are still over 200 million in circulation . Be realistic nobody is going to collect them or there would be end of days that most of the people on this site wants to see happen. People need someone to blame for whatever reason.
 5 years ago '07        #69
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511
space
space
$55,243 | Props total: 20085 20085
 Los-O said:

1. People
2. Cars

except your "logic" is deeply flawed, when using a car correctly, you wont hurt anyone. Guns are by design for hurting/killing.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 12-21-2012 at 10:50 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #70
space
space
 FoShizzle8 said:
lets see

also in all the storys about columbine i heard,none of them even mentioned the school having security in it.oh and if you wanna get on security,wasnt it brought out that james holmes specificly picked the theater he was gonna shoot up because of the fact its security sucked
lets see

you continue to speak out of your a.ss?

yep, nothing to see here folks.
 5 years ago '04        #71
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,816 | Props total: 1849 1849
 StatisticZ said:
What's stupid is you keep claiming things as facts and statistics without any supporting documentation what-so-ever. If you prefer their route, go live there, send a postcard. The Constitution and Bill of Rights were written as they are for a reason. You can't pick and choose from a list of things that were set in place to provide a backbone for the ground you walk.

Which statistic do you need documentation for ?? because I have most of them on hand and can find the rest

and I love the whole " Oh you dont like this about America ?? Move " like this country hasn't been making constant progress and change for over 200 years despite that bullshyt mentality that wants to keep things stagnant. I'm sure there were idiots saying " Oh you dont like slavery ?? move then, you dont like segregation ? move " and no that's not comparing guns to slavery for those idiots who are gonna jump to that conclusion.

and also about this whole 2nd amendment thing , you guys do realize up until about 2006, the second amendment was actually interpreted like how it's actually written right ??

You know, where it says " a well-regulated militia ", you know back when the founding fathers lived with one shot muskets that took minutes to reload, what they had in mind was for each state to have it's own well regulated militia or the most comparable thing would be modern day state police forces.

a well regulated militia doesn't mean three gung-ho idiots rolling around in a dodge durango.

but instead of having common sense and being like " you know, this is what it actually says, a 'well-regulated militia' AND the context of when it was written also doesn't fit the crazy shyt that's going on today " , people are like " fu*kK YOU, SECOND AMENDMENT, GIVE ME MY DAMN GUNS !! ".

Last edited by psylence2k; 12-21-2012 at 11:19 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #72
space
space
 Fameus said:
Notice how quickly it became NRA vs. Anti Gun making it if you like guns you wanted this tragedy to happen. Lets be clear NOBODY has the answer. There is a discussion that needs to take place but when everyone is yelling NOBODY is listening. When your only in a conversation for your OWN agenda nothing is being accomplished. If guns were banned today there are still over 200 million in circulation . Be realistic nobody is going to collect them or there would be end of days that most of the people on this site wants to see happen. People need someone to blame for whatever reason.
no one who isn't an idiot is saying ban guns, like you pointed out, it would be impossible and imo counter productive, people should have the right to own a gun. but anytime you bring up limiting guns in any way shape or form these NRA propaganda fed gun nuts lose their mind. Any sort of limitation to them is akin to all out prohibition. The NRA f!ghts the sanest of gun laws (even laws supported by more than half of NRA members) are fought by the NRA. That is because the NRA is owned by the gun manufacturers, they don't care about safety. They care about selling guns. If that means guns getting in the hands of people who prob shouldn't have access to them, well tough t*tties i guess, we got money to be made here.

Last edited by Ham Rove; 12-21-2012 at 11:03 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #73
WhoThaFuk 2 heat pts
space
space
$2,909 | Props total: 581 581
The NRA is full of sh*t.
 12-21-2012, 11:43 PM         #74
SmokeOne 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:
but instead of having common sense and being like " you know, this is what it actually says, a 'well-regulated militia' AND the context of when it was written also doesn't fit the crazy shyt that's going on today " , people are like " fu*kK YOU, SECOND AMENDMENT, GIVE ME MY DAMN GUNS !! ".
I agree the language is confusing but i believe the founding fathers intended to give individual gun rights to citizens, but that power was originally given from the states and not by the federal government. Thats why the original Pennsylvania constitution of 1776 specifically stated "That the people have a right to bear arms for the defence of themselves and the state." Its a state given right. Several states have similar things written in their constitutions. Obviously, the Bill of Rights came after the States had already given us the right to bear arms and the 2nd amendment I believe still reflects that right from the states.

Last edited by SmokeOne; 12-21-2012 at 11:49 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #75
Motion 817 heat pts817
space
space
$19,231 | Props total: 1659 1659
NRA: Our guns will never be safe unless we allow them to carry little guns
 5 years ago '11        #76
SomeOnesoN 202 heat pts202
space
space
$17,251 | Props total: 1286 1286
Can't really compare guns to alcohol (reply to another post in this thread):

Driving is a Privilege
Owning a gun is a Right

Huge difference...
 5 years ago '04        #77
123456 1 heat pts
space
space
$6,273 | Props total: 273 273
Here's what I'm not understanding...

1. People will get guns illegally if they have to just like they get drugs when they want.

2. If there are stricter gun laws, how much stricter can they be? If I have the best background record and I own a gun, then my brother can take my gun and go on a shooting spree just like Lanza got his mother's guns. How do gun laws stop that?

3. Why are murder rates so bad here in Chicago when gun laws are real strict? You literally can't walk outside your door with a loaded gun anywhere in the state but we still have one of the largest murder rates. I guarantee 90% of the murders that involved a gun were with illegal guns.

I think if there were cops in every school, it wouldn't be a bad thing. If a person is willing to die shooting up a school, he'll do it no matter what. But if he's not willing to die, having cops there will prevent him from trying.

If there was any possible way to get all guns off the street and make it impossible for them to get into the united states, then fine that would probably work. But that's just not possible...guns will make it in here no matter what.
 5 years ago '08        #78
slimdogg3325 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,872 | Props total: 723 723
just dropping in to say

dumbest sh*t this man could have said
 5 years ago '08        #79
EMER1TUS 11 heat pts11
space
space
$34,783 | Props total: 12290 12290
I thought buddy was about to get hit wit a shoe when he got interrupted like GWB did
 12-22-2012, 08:30 AM         #80
Ni2 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
tragedies make people easily persuaded. public always wants quick action too. play the images over and over and over, ingrain that sh*t into your skulls. by the time it wears off you done lost half your freedoms and started a few wars. maybe it wont go far this time but they want all those registered gun users off the streets. then all you got is illegal guns by the millions. then when they still shoot people you gonna want sweeps throughout your cities. in every home looking for guns.
Home      

most viewed right now
So this nigga YBN Nahmir really a fraud nigga?
103 comments
2 days ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Man Confronts His Baby Mother With DNA Proof That He’s Not Their Allege..
181 comments
20 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
135 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Terry Crews says “they” are watching him :iseeyou2:
113 comments
18 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
vida guerra
82 comments
18 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Biggie Smalls was Official South Side Compton Crip
61 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
61 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Is it just me or did Kanye West dress poorly during the College Dropou..
76 comments
2 days ago
@gear
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy