Dec 21 - NRA: "The Only Thing That Stops A Bad Guy With A Gun Is A Good Guy With A Gun"

most viewed right now
Video inside My experience after record deal (warning)
134 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Joe Budden at age 26 vs Quavious Marshall at age 26
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Drake Says He's With The GOAT
57 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
NFL Carson Wentz doesnt have a torn acl
57 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-21-2012, 04:02 PM         #41
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:

I'm aware of that study, it was heavily scrutinized and re-evaluated to determine many fallacies and bias in the questioning. Improved studies found the number much lower (around 100,000 instead of 2 million)

but out of these we still dont know which of them were "life threatening" incidents, while we do know what percentage of those gun homicide murders were life threatening.
100,000 is still higher than the national murder rate each year.

If charges were filed in these circumstances the homicide rate would show a reflection.
 5 years ago '04        #42
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,786 | Props total: 1792 1792
 StatisticZ said:
100,000 is still higher than the national murder rate each year.

If charges were filed in these circumstances the homicide rate would show a reflection.
If you didn't comprehend by my previous posts, I'm aware of the numbers

like I said , how many of these are "life threatening" or more importantly how many of these are guns deterring other gun men ??

Statistics also show that armed individuals get k!lled at almost 5 times a higher rate than unarmed individuals. Meaning you are almost 5 times as likely to get shot or k!lled carrying a gun statistically.

Studies also show that legally owned guns more often k!ll a loved one of the owner rather than an intruder.

Those statistics are actually more clear and specific in the effect on the fatality rate from guns rather than someone saying "stay out my yard, I have a gun ".

We're comparing actual statistics to survey responses from a questionnaire here

Last edited by psylence2k; 12-21-2012 at 04:17 PM..
 12-21-2012, 04:17 PM         #43
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
The pres doesn't have power to 'control' gun HIMSELF, and trust when I say he doesn't want to or care to...his tears and speech as always was premeditated.

As for your ridiculous bullsh*t, well this isn't the country, you seek more of the openly oppressive type, this isn't a fascist country and your twisted ideals would ruin the already troubled state of this nation.

I mean you argue for a police state, a military state, a state where power tripped murderers with no regard for the common man holds power, over the majority, over the individuals who PAY THEM, who inhabit this earth? You are a piece of sh*t, fu*k your uniformed murderers, the people are armed and you have to deal with it.

Shut the fu*k up! I'm sick and fu*king tired of fu*king imbecile f*ggot over paranoid pussies like you thinking that the government is after you... Newsflash, no one wants sh*t to do you with you, you fu*king loser. Even if you die today no one will missed you and all the other dumbfu*ks like you. Many develop nations including Japan have strict gun regulations and guess what? Their freedoms have not been taken away. What the fu*k do you need a semi automatic weapon for? And also, what's wrong with regulations? Point being is time for some of this guns to be taken out of the hands of regular civilians. Like it or not, regular civilians don't know how to properly secure or operate this weapons.

Again look at mrs Lanza... Respectable school teacher that knew how to operate a gun and trained her kids to have the same knowledge and look what happen... DEAD!
 5 years ago '09        #44
KNerd 2 heat pts
space
space
space
$524 | Props total: 1 1
Masses of people die every second of every minute of every hour of every day. 12,000 people is ~ 1/25,833 of our population. I live in a small town and thats 1/6th of our population. sh*t 4,000 people die a year from drowning.

I'm not saying its not terrible but fu*k the only reason its a massive news story is because there is an agenda being pushed with it.
 5 years ago '07        #45
Ham Rove 3510 heat pts3510
space
space
$55,195 | Props total: 19753 19753

Last edited by Ham Rove; 12-21-2012 at 04:35 PM..
 12-21-2012, 04:32 PM         #46
bigbarcelona 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 aclockworkred71 said:
The pres doesn't have power to 'control' gun HIMSELF, and trust when I say he doesn't want to or care to...his tears and speech as always was premeditated.

As for your ridiculous bullsh*t, well this isn't the country, you seek more of the openly oppressive type, this isn't a fascist country and your twisted ideals would ruin the already troubled state of this nation.

I mean you argue for a police state, a military state, a state where power tripped murderers with no regard for the common man holds power, over the majority, over the individuals who PAY THEM, who inhabit this earth? You are a piece of sh*t, fu*k your uniformed murderers, the people are armed and you have to deal with it.

Shut the fu*k up! I'm sick and fu*king tired of fu*king imbecile f*ggot over paranoid pussies like you thinking that the government is after you... Newsflash, no one wants sh*t to do you with you, you fu*king loser. Even if you die today no one will missed you and all the other dumbfu*ks like you. Many develop nations including Japan have strict gun regulations and guess what? Their freedoms have not been taken away. What the fu*k do you need a semi automatic weapon for? And also, what's wrong with regulations? Point being is time for some of this guns to be taken out of the hands of regular civilians. Like it or not, regular civilians don't know how to properly secure or operate this weapons.

Again look at mrs Lanza... Respectable school teacher that knew how to operate a gun and trained her kids to have the same knowledge and look what happen... DEAD ALONG WITH 26 INNOCENT PEOPLE.
 12-21-2012, 04:34 PM         #47
Sniggit 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
oh my

the thing is

its bad v evil

vs

good v evil

yall political system is fu*ked

Why cant it be more professional armed guards at schools and at the same time way more strict gun laws, so that certain guns arnt available to people, and the fact that if you want a very high powered weapon you have to undergo a very strict process so that everyone knows you are safe enough to own that gun and that all those in close proximity to you cannot access it

it has to be one or the other to save ego, to look better than one another, never working together to help the general population

yall lost

- reason i said armed guards is because of the fact yall have way too many guns in circulation already. Look at ancient past times, it was never a problem to have a few guards outside armed with swords to match the other, so as they may protect a kidnapping or some other wild sh*t going down

Last edited by Sniggit; 12-21-2012 at 04:36 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #48
space
space
"Rather than face their own moral failings, the media demonize gun owners."

"And here’s another dirty little truth that the media try their best to conceal. There exists in this country, sadly, a callous, corrupt and corrupting shadow industry that sells and stows violence against its own people. Through vicious, violent video games with names like 'Bullet Storm,' 'Grand Theft Auto,' 'Mortal Combat,' and 'Splatterhouse.'"

"Now, due to a declined willingness to prosecute dangerous criminals, violent crime is increasing again for the first time in 19 years. Add another hurricane, terrorist attack, or some other natural of manmade disaster, and you've got a recipe for a national nightmare of violence and victimization."

"I mean we have blood-soaked films out there, like 'American Psycho,' 'Natural Born k!llers.' They’re aired like propaganda loops on Splatterdays and every single day."

"1,000 music videos, and you all know this, portray life as a joke and they play murder — portray murder as a way of life. And then they all have the nerve to call it entertainment. But is that what it really is? Isn’t fantasizing about k!lling people as a way to get your kicks really the filthiest form of pr0nography?"
this guy is a certified retard.
 5 years ago '11        #49
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
$4,255 | Props total: 1574 1574
 KFrizzle said:
How does a gun (when ONLY used responsibly, like army or popo or 99% of gun owners), not equal more safety?

n Right cuz if they are completely illegal, like drugs, criminals will be the only one with em..

If the gov. really starts you think ppl are gonna worry about being 'crip'
i'm sure any American will stand and f!ght with any fellow American to save each other's lives....

Point is, racism isn't the reason behind even a 1/10th of all gun crimes...
It does have to do w/ our current culture tho...
Kids see entertainment as real life, you know they gotta act hard like chief keef and be in the cut holdin their 9's...
1. unlike drugs, guns shouldnt exist imo. many "drugs" and other psychoactives can be found in nature and have been used for 1000s of years. so banning drugs and guns are not the same thing to me.

2. being a crip was just an example. in a situation like this, people will stick to whats most familiar, ie similar regions, backgrounds.

3. race is a huge factor in todays society, so its impossible to quantify the effect on gun violence. just because a crime isnt overtly racist, doesnt mean there are no racial udertones. and then you chose to ignore the remainder of that statement.

4. chief keef is a teenager. he didnt create the world he lives in. if you have a problem with keef, you have a problem with his reality, which is what the comment about social ills needing to be fixed. chicago's inner city is a failure of american society, not the people within it. but ive seen your posts, so i know im wasting my time with all of this.

"be in the cut holdin their 9's..."
 5 years ago '11        #50
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
 aclockworkred71 said:
What you think should and what is a part of life are two separate things. Black market exists independently of drugs, my point stands that with all the arms available there is a market available for those with the cash, you can't vote this away in congress.

No the government isn't some super power, no I never said people with dislike would join forces, stop manipulating things, you are the only one looking at things unrealistically here. Your fear of the government isn't an excuse to solidify a police state, your lack of confidence in the people is not an excuse to solidify a police state, lets not argue your hypotheticals here.

We will never eradicate power or hate or any of that, I don't see what your point is, its obvious 'angry a.ss people' will always have access to guns in this country, why can't you accept that and stick to reality?
what am i manipulating you made mention of a police state. isnt it safe to a.ssume that you find that a bad thing? would want guns to rebel? thats where the hypothetical came from.

and i agree. none of the things i said will ever happen. guns will always be around. hate will always be around. i know this. im not quite sure where i said i was in favor of anything close to a police state. i just find it pointless to debate gun control as an isolated issue. which is where the hypothetical situations come in. if we are not discussing what things would be after the change that is being debated, then whats the point in the first place. it is a forum isnt it?
 5 years ago '11        #51
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
 psylence2k said:
Gun control has worked for a large number of other comparable developed and industrialized countries, why are we so scarred to at least try it out ??
this is all i want to know. clearly more guns are not the answer. so that leaves two options. do nothing or reduce the amount of guns available (probably through stricter owner standards)
 5 years ago '11        #52
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
 aclockworkred71 said:
Any individual who believes in himself and not what others say is best for him would.

The issue is you using fear of government and lack of belief in the individual to argue your point. "We are weak! Police know best!" Its a horrible argument, its part of the reason people argue so hard, because its clear sheep are out trying to weaken the people. Imagine knowing that some sick classmate can own a gun but I can't because he passed military school or police camp, fu*k that, an occupation is an occupation not a reflection of the person inside.
as i stated, all of this gun talk is irrelevant if treated as an isolated issue. much of my argument involves other failed aspects of society. im not using fear of the govt. its something thats commonly mentioned on bx, so i mentioned it in my post.
 5 years ago '11        #53
Gatorfan2611 8 heat pts
space
space
 aclockworkred71 said:
How so? By force or by asking others to volunteer? Either way people who don't regard the law or the innocent victim plea will hide their arms.

I want to know how does attacking random law abiders save us from savages? I know some of you love big brother but it isn't some super power that can cleanse the world of violent weapons.
once again...very few issues have singular causes, so they cannot be treated as such. if the education system is fixed, that will reduce poverty, which will reduce crime. that is a FACT. by looking at other socioeconomic factors, we can reduce crime and the need for guns in the first place. that is the point of a hypothetical scenario. to drive the conversation forward.

if you only want to discuss the world currently as is, we might as well drop it. none of us should discuss anything, ever. sh*t is the way it is, so just fu*k it right?
 5 years ago '07        #54
space
space

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '06        #55
nightmare 429 heat pts429
space
space
$13,073 | Props total: 37 37
 KFrizzle said:

If the gov. really starts you think ppl are gonna worry about being 'crip'
i'm sure any American will stand and f!ght with any fellow American to save each other's lives....
 5 years ago '04        #56
biscuit 66 heat pts66
space
space
$19,208 | Props total: 3766 3766
I have to agree with a lot of Mr. LaPierre's points. There's a bigger picture here that a lot of people are not paying attention to.

Also, it's funny if you think about it. When Hitler wanted to gain power in Germany, any time any other party was speaking Hitler staged f!ghts, and had hecklers in the audience to make the the other party seem disorganized and chaotic. Whenever Hitler spoke, he was un-interrupted and orderly. It's funny how these hecklers interrupted this speach like crazy
 12-21-2012, 09:38 PM         #57
Los-O 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
All these people screaming "ban guns" yet have no idea what a semi-automatic gun actually is. Or that "assault weapon" is just a made up word. Or that a.ssault rifles have been illegal for almost all civilian use since the 1930's. I find that funny.
 5 years ago '07        #58
Deniro732 8 heat pts
space
space
$13,613 | Props total: 2455 2455
I agree with the nra
 5 years ago '06        #59
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
 NoTitleSince73 said:

[pic - click to view]

totally understand what you mean...

But do you really think much of our police force back then was actually trained for school shootings...

12-21-2012, 09:55 PM         #60
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 biscuit said:
I have to agree with a lot of Mr. LaPierre's points. There's a bigger picture here that a lot of people are not paying attention to.

Also, it's funny if you think about it. When Hitler wanted to gain power in Germany, any time any other party was speaking Hitler staged f!ghts, and had hecklers in the audience to make the the other party seem disorganized and chaotic. Whenever Hitler spoke, he was un-interrupted and orderly. It's funny how these hecklers interrupted this speach like crazy
This.

Also; They won't be discussing the "assault weapons" or any of that other sh*t until Monday.
Home      

most viewed right now
Article inside How Apple has won (and kept) my business
67 comments
1 day ago
@tech
most viewed right now
BOX Lomachenko vs Rigondeaux - December 9?
1400 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside olliejayy (those pierced nipples...)
51 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 'The Walking Dead' Fans Are Flipping Out That AMC Is Promoting Sunday'..
77 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Video inside Time Traveler Came From 4126 To Give This Message
66 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Holy Camel T0e 19-year-old Model Sofia Richie In White Bikini
99 comments
2 days ago