Dec 21 - NRA: "The Only Thing That Stops A Bad Guy With A Gun Is A Good Guy With A Gun"

most viewed right now
NBA Read Westbrooks lips to Embiid
42 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
19 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
50 cent did something to Comedienne Aarona Lopez. She has her friends worried!!!
79 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside F*ck That: Atlanta Businessman Breaks Down How Crazy Expensive Is It to..
33 comments
@wild'ish

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '11        #21
Kadillac87 225 heat pts225 OP
space
space
$17,495 | Props total: 6665 6665
 KFrizzle said:
Calls for congress to pass legislation to put armed officers in every school
^^how about you give a quote, so it can't get twisted

- Multiple ppl protesting with signs saying "NRA is k!lling our children"
^^Get rid of this, how is this a highlight??? huh??

How are these not important??

Now, I can imagine the shocking headlines you'll print tomorrow
morning: "More guns," you'll claim, "are the NRA's answer to
everything!" Your implication will be that guns are evil and have no
place in society, much less in our schools. But since when did the
word "gun" automatically become a bad word?
A gun in the hands of a Secret Service agent protecting the President
isn't a bad word. A gun in the hands of a soldier protecting the United
States isn't a bad word. And when you hear the glass breaking in your 6
living room at 3 a.m. and call 911, you won't be able to pray hard
enough for a gun in the hands of a good guy to get there fast enough
to protect you.
So why is the idea of a gun good when it's used to protect our
President or our country or our police, but bad when it's used to
protect our children in their schools?

A child growing up in America witnesses 16,000 murders and 200,000
acts of violence by the time he or she reaches the ripe old age of 18.

The media call semi-automatic firearms "machine guns" — they claim
these civilian semi-automatic firearms are used by the military, and
they tell us that the .223 round is one of the most powerful rifle 5
calibers ... when all of these claims are factually untrue. They don't
know what they're talking about!

You know, five years ago, after the Virginia Tech tragedy, when I said
we should put armed security in every school, the media called me
crazy. But what if, when Adam Lanza started shooting his way into
Sandy Hook Elementary School last Friday, he had been confronted by
qualified, armed security?
Again, where was the twist? Sounds like you're complaining about a slant. I guess I'm part of the liberal media now, huh? Ill let you try again, tell me what was twisted out of context.

Here's the quote:

"I call on Congress today to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every single school in this nation,"

Where's the twist?

Last edited by Kadillac87; 12-21-2012 at 01:06 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #22
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
$5,859 | Props total: 143 143
 Gatorfan2611 said:
FACT is, the more guns in circulation, the more unstable folk who will have them. im not acting like i have the magic solution or some special number. all i know is more guns does not equal more safety. and getting shot should not be a part of life and it hasnt been just a few amplified incidents on bx. and a black market only exists because drugs are restricted. im not looking for complete prohibition on guns.
How does a gun (when ONLY used responsibly, like army or popo or 99% of gun owners), not equal more safety?

n Right cuz if they are completely illegal, like drugs, criminals will be the only one with em..

Gatorfan2611 said:
i a.ssure you that rednecks from alabama wont be f!ght side by side with crips from long beach.
If the gov. really starts you think ppl are gonna worry about being 'crip'
i'm sure any American will stand and f!ght with any fellow American to save each other's lives....

Gatorfan2611 said:
point is, until we eradicate social ills like racism, poverty, a failing education system, etc, people will continue to be miserable and divided. so in the mean time, keep guns out of those angry a.ss people's hands
Point is, racism isn't the reason behind even a 1/10th of all gun crimes...
It does have to do w/ our current culture tho...
Kids see entertainment as real life, you know they gotta act hard like chief keef and be in the cut holdin their 9's...
 5 years ago '06        #23
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
Again, where was the twist? Sounds like you're complaining about a slant. I guess I'm part of the liberal media now, huh? Ill let you try again, tell me what was twisted out of context.
Here's the quote:
"I call on Congress today to appropriate whatever is necessary to put armed police officers in every single school in this nation,"
Where's the twist?
slant / twisted / screwed

i didn't know they really had a huge difference, my bad...

unfortunately the BX 'low-info voters' will get it twisted, cuz of the lack of detail and are they really gonna listen to his speech? like really?

nope....

I guess i should have said, why not just quote him... rather than summarize
 5 years ago '04        #24
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,175 | Props total: 891 891
 Kadillac87 said:
Its funny how the conspiracy ppl say the govt want to take our guns away to turn the nation into a police state but their hero the NRA is advocating placing armed guards everywhere, which would be one step closer to a police state

This...

aclockworkred71 said:

As for your ridiculous bullsh*t, well this isn't the country, you seek more of the openly oppressive type, this isn't a fascist country and your twisted ideals would ruin the already troubled state of this nation.
You dont think so??

KFrizzle said:
If the gov. really starts you think ppl are gonna worry about being 'crip'
i'm sure any American will stand and f!ght with any fellow American to save each other's lives....
Wow...you really believe this statement???
 5 years ago '04        #25
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
$12,808 | Props total: 1830 1830
 KFrizzle said:
How does a gun (when ONLY used responsibly, like army or popo or 99% of gun owners), not equal more safety?
Well that's the problem right there, this country is filled with idiots and irresponsible individuals, for every one person a gun might save in self defense it k!lls exponentially a whole lot more of the innocent.

Studies show that people who carry guns are 4.5 times more likely to get shot, and 4.2 times more likely to get k!lled than someone who is unarmed, based on statistics.

Studies also show that a legally owned gun more often k!lls a loved one of the owner rather than an intruder, also based on statistics.

If being armed secured lives on a overall scale than police in this country wouldn't be k!lled at at a dramatically higher rate than police in other countries where guns are banned.

Having a gun on you even with all the proper training doesn't automatically make you bulletproof nor an expert marksmen nor has "smart" bullets that discriminate the innocent from criminals.

So while there may be SOME (although a very few) citizens in this country that have the proper combination of an extremely high sense of responsibility as well as an extremely high level of gun training in order to own and operate a gun safely.

The number of irresponsible idiots, hotheads, and criminals far out number them and a result , you lose a hell of alot more lives than you save.

Gun control has worked for a large number of other comparable developed and industrialized countries, why are we so scarred to at least try it out ??
 5 years ago '07        #26
CadillacVyse 944 heat pts944
space
space
$27,678 | Props total: 16969 16969
Where that dude that said the shootings were counter productive to the nra's agenda? Haha pro gun ppl are out, more vocal, and are pissed. Better believe what new reforms they want...they will get! Teachers carrying, police armed guards @ schools, reduction in safe zones, strengthening of self defense laws and other pro gun agenda.

these ppl read to many conspiracy theories and it clouds their rational judgement.
 5 years ago '06        #27
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
 psylence2k said:
Well that's the problem right there, this country is filled with idiots and irresponsible individuals, for every one person a gun might save in self defense it k!lls exponentially a whole lot more of the innocent.
Studies show that people who carry guns are 4.5 times more likely to get shot, and 4.2 times more likely to get k!lled than someone who is unarmed, based on statistics.
Studies also show that a legally owned gun more often k!lls a loved one of the owner rather than an intruder, also based on statistics.
If being armed secured lives on a overall scale than police in this country wouldn't be k!lled at at a dramatically higher rate than police in other countries where guns are banned.
Having a gun on you even with all the proper training doesn't automatically make you bulletproof nor an expert marksmen nor has "smart" bullets that discriminate the innocent from criminals.
So while there may be SOME (although a very few) citizens in this country that have the proper combination of an extremely high sense of responsibility as well as an extremely high level of gun training in order to own and operate a gun safely.
The number of irresponsible idiots, hotheads, and criminals far out number them and a result , you lose a hell of alot more lives than you save.
Gun control has worked for a large number of other comparable developed and industrialized countries, why are we so scarred to at least try it out ??
gun control has not helped... like drugs, once illegal, only criminals have them...

let me tell you something, out the the 10 million gun owners in our country...
99.99% have absolutely zero problems...

and from your stupid a.ss theory...

How the hell can alcohol or even pot be legal...

we aren't smart enuff to handle the responsibility right??
are we responsible enuff to drive?
Can't have soda thats more that 16oz, cuz we get fat right?
Ban bad video games, since we just learn to k!ll each other from playing??

PPl need to Grow the fu*k up... ppl need to take personal responsibility and not fu*king k!ll each other...

Last edited by KFrizzle; 12-21-2012 at 01:51 PM..
 5 years ago '11        #28
space
space
 KFrizzle said:
gun control has not helped... like drugs, once illegal, only criminals have them...

PPl need to Grow the fu*k up... ppl need to take personal responsibility and not fu*king k!ll each other...
We really don't know if gun control works in this country because every gun control law is this control has loopholes that still allow for certain guns to be purchased.
 5 years ago '06        #29
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
We really don't know if gun control works in this country because every gun control law is this control has loopholes that still allow for certain guns to be purchased.
you so smart...

you just proven gun control doesn't work...
Look at Chicago, NY, n DC; each city has very strict gun control...

now from your theory no matter what, the bad gun will take the steps/loopholes to get the illegal gun...
No matter if you gotta leave the city, state, or country...

So why un-arm the responsible citizen?
“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,”
another statement you missed on OP

We care about our money, so we protect our banks with
armed guards. American airports, office buildings, power plants,
courthouses — even sports stadiums — are all protected by armed
security.
We care about the President, so we protect him with armed Secret
Service agents. Members of Congress work in offices surrounded by
armed Capitol Police officers.
Yet when it comes to the most beloved, innocent and vulnerable
members of the American family — our children — we as a society
leave them utterly defenseless...

Last edited by KFrizzle; 12-21-2012 at 02:02 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #30
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 KFrizzle said:

a statistic like 99% doesn't matter when there's almost 100 million gun owners and almost 300 million guns in this country, even when you are talking about 1 % that's still at least 1 million irresponsible people with guns.

That make sense because there's almost 12,000 deaths a year, 3,000 of those are children, there's 8 kids a day k!lled by guns, that means Sandy Hook happens every week, how are children suppose to protect themselves ??

IMO, I would have no problem with alcohol being illegal, I rarely drink , and being that it's the leading cause of death by injury in this country, it would dramatically help keep people alive, but there's no way it would happen because the people value it too much and the government loves the tax revenue it brings in, so we just try to work around it.

I haven't heard any overwhelming statistics of pot being related to fatality rates so I dont know about that.

and a soda isn't nearly as fatal as a bullet or car crash so that was just a stupid analogy.

but you're recommendation is for " people to stop k!lling each other " , out of us two , I think you take the cake for being too idealistic.

people should "grow up" or at least be able to, but they can't when they're getting gun downed by legally purchased firearms in their classrooms.
 5 years ago '06        #31
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
 psylence2k said:
a statistic like 99% doesn't matter when there's almost 100 million gun owners and almost 300 million guns in this country, even when you are talking about 1 % that's still at least 1 million irresponsible people with guns.
That make sense because there's almost 12,000 deaths a year, 3,000 of those are children, there's 8 kids a day k!lled by guns, that means Sandy Hook happens every week, how are children suppose to protect themselves ??
IMO, I would have no problem with alcohol being illegal, I rarely drink , and being that it's the leading cause of death by injury in this country, it would dramatically help keep people alive, but there's no way it would happen because the people value it too much and the government loves the tax revenue it brings in, so we just try to work around it.
I haven't heard any overwhelming statistics of pot being related to fatality rates so I dont know about that.
and a soda isn't nearly as fatal as a bullet or car crash so that was just a stupid analogy.
but you're recommendation is for " people to stop k!lling each other " , out of us two , I think you take the cake for being too idealistic.
people should "grow up" or at least be able to, but they can't when they're getting gun downed by legally purchased firearms in their classrooms.

[pic - click to view]

But they want to ban the dangerous guns, you know the a.ssault kind...

not hand guns... which are the most used...

so the argument is looking at the wrong thing...

IMO, i could never see booze again and be fine with it... but that doesn't mean we get rid of it... just because it can be bad... a car can be bad....

I know pot don't k!ll, but how can we be responsible enuff to use a mind altering plant/drug, but not a defense tool???

I say grow up... only because we are blaming the 100 million gun owners for these issues, when the are not the criminals...

and its not a stupid analogy, cuz if jonny is smart enuff to drive, doesn't mean jimmy can't c

just cuz my buddy is fat, doesn't mean i can eat w/e since i'm in good shape....

So grow up, didn't your mama teach you about being personally responsible??
 5 years ago '11        #32
space
space
 KFrizzle said:
you so smart...

you just proven gun control doesn't work...
Look at Chicago, NY, n DC; each city has very strict gun control...

now from your theory no matter what, the bad gun will take the steps/loopholes to get the illegal gun...
No matter if you gotta leave the city, state, or country...

So why un-arm the responsible citizen?
“The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun,”
another statement you missed on OP
How does that prove that gun control doesn't work?

You can buy guns online and bypass the law legally.

And how did I miss the bad guy good guy statement when it's the title of the thread?

Last edited by Kadillac87; 12-21-2012 at 02:35 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #33
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 KFrizzle said:

[pic - click to view]

But they want to ban the dangerous guns, you know the a.ssault kind...

not hand guns... which are the most used...

so the argument is looking at the wrong thing...

IMO, i could never see booze again and be fine with it... but that doesn't mean we get rid of it... just because it can be bad... a car can be bad....

I know pot don't k!ll, but how can we be responsible enuff to use a mind altering plant/drug, but not a defense tool???

I say grow up... only because we are blaming the 100 million gun owners for these issues, when the are not the criminals...

and its not a stupid analogy, cuz if jonny is smart enuff to drive, doesn't mean jimmy can't c

just cuz my buddy is fat, doesn't mean i can eat w/e since i'm in good shape....

So grow up, didn't your mama teach you about being personally responsible??

I'm not just stopping at a.ssault rifles, I would like to have stricter gun control laws on all guns (without loopholes ). Idealistically it would be nice if we could try to ban all hand guns like other countries have but it may be too idealistic, not in a sense that I dont believe it wouldn't work but it may be too hard to push. Even though I feel we should. Other developed and comparable countries have done it, and experience a far lower firearm fatality rate than us. We just choose to ignore these statistics and scream "second amendment , second amendment "

I'm well aware that 80% of these annual deaths are from regular hand guns, that's why I've always said it's not enough to just stop at banning a.ssault rifles.

Logically it would be a good idea to get rid of alcohol, but it provides too much recreational and financial satisfaction to this country, we love getting hammered and our government loves the money we spend when we do. So it's hard to see it happening.

and please dont compare cars to alcohol , at least cars have a practical benefit to the productivity of this country, even though ideally I would love to see how a nation that utilized soley public transportation would work. I know there's way too many hurdles to overcome to ever experiment with that.

but comparing cars to alcohol or guns ? no

and comparing pot to guns (for defense), pot doesn't really affect anyone but the user (and maybe those second handing right next to them) you can't say the same for guns.

no one is blaming all 100 million gun owners, we're blaming to varying extents , the availability of guns.

and the reason why the analogy was fallacious is because one single soda rarely has the effect of a single drunk driver or a gun. C'mon man

and you still think asking the mentally ill or just plain evil people of the world to practice "personal responsibility" is the answer ???

The main points are :

1. Guns k!ll more innocent civilians than they save

2. Developed Countries with stricter and less flawed gun control laws than us enjoy a FAR lower gun fatality rate. They all had guns available to citizens too at one time, they banned them. Do criminals still have them ?? Yes , but do they still enjoy a lower firearm homicide rate than us ?? YES

Last edited by psylence2k; 12-21-2012 at 02:53 PM..
 5 years ago '06        #34
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
 Kadillac87 said:
How does that prove that gun control doesn't work?
You can buy guns online and bypass the law legally.
And how did I miss the bad guy good guy statement when it's the title of the thread?
Go try to buy a gun online brah... Gotta fill out all paper work you do in the store... Plus you gotta wait to get approved...
Sites can't just operate and sell guns to whoever... They would get shut down way to fast...

Even at gun shows i've been too and had friends go too, you gotta go threw a computer program to make sure you can legally own...
Gun shows are subject to all gun laws without exception. There is no loophole that allows any gun laws to be circumvented at gun shows.

However a key finding is that "the illegal market is the most likely source" for these people to obtain a gun. "In fact, more than half the arrestees say it is easy to obtain guns illegally," the report states. Responding to a question of how they obtained their most recent handgun, the arrestees answered as follows: 56% said they paid cash; 15% said it was a gift; 10% said they borrowed it; 8% said they traded for it; while 5% only said that they stole it.
Sounds like a lot of illegal purchases...

-Currently, there are as many as 20,000 gun laws, including all federal, state, municipal, local and administrative laws. There is no shortage of gun laws.
-According to the Bureau of Justice Statistics, almost 80 percent of guns used by criminals are obtained by street/illegal sources or friends or family. Only 8.3 percent are from retail stores, and a measly 0.7 percent from gun shows.

Stop believing those bogus lies...

Be honest, i totally forgot was name of thread...
LMAO my bad...
 5 years ago '06        #35
KFrizzle 296 heat pts296
space
space
 psylence2k;25626292
said:
The main points are:

2. Developed Countries with stricter and less flawed gun control laws than us enjoy a FAR lower gun fatality rate. They all had guns available to citizens too at one time, they banned them. Do criminals still have them ?? Yes Do they still enjoy a lower firearm homicide rate than us ?? YES
why ban something that isn't a problem? like rifles??

wasn't comparing pot/booze, cars, guns; but stating all must be handled with responsibility for safety...

So we should just say, no more defending your home and family since others can't handle it... again personal responsibility....

[pic - click to view]

Stop blaming guns... Its' our culture...

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by KFrizzle; 12-21-2012 at 03:08 PM..
 12-21-2012, 03:09 PM         #36
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Given that I work in DC, in Law Enforcement, I will say their very strict "gun control" works moderately. But, it's not exactly because of the gun control, it's the police control, DC is essentially a police state.

You will see nothing but; the Uniformed Division of the Secret Service, Federal Protective Service, DC Police, DC Protective Service, Capital Police, Metro Transit Police, Amtrak Police, US Ranger Service, US Marshals, and the low-profile Secret Service non-stop, DAILY. There is a different police force everywhere you turn.

This isn't even considering all the Armed Security in Gov buildings, or high-risk stores. There are armed officers here at CVS', Jewelry Stores, etc. Schools have unarmed special police. Who carry commissions that allow them to use force at schools, if necessary.

Last edited by StatisticZ; 12-21-2012 at 03:13 PM..
 12-21-2012, 03:12 PM         #37
StatisticZ 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 psylence2k said:

The main points are :

There's actually more defensive gun uses in this country every year than any form of murder combined.. We're speaking upwards of 1+ million. In 1994 it was crossing the threshold of about 2 million. And 8 times out of 10 no charges were filed in the use.

That's even with violent crime declining, as it has been the past 5 years, despite the ban on "assault weapons" expiring 7+ years ago.

Last edited by StatisticZ; 12-21-2012 at 03:16 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #38
Tic Toc 7 heat pts
space
space
$6,175 | Props total: 891 891
Judging by the last couple mass shootings....

the only thing that stopped the bad guy with a gun was the bad guy wit the gun
 5 years ago '06        #39
Mr Kush 32 heat pts32
space
space
$2,501 | Props total: 909 909
 Tic Toc said:
Judging by the last couple mass shootings....

the only thing that stopped the bad guy with a gun was the bad guy wit the gun
Well the last couple of massacres were in gun-free zones.. What do you expect?
 5 years ago '04        #40
psylence2k 58 heat pts58
space
space
space
 KFrizzle said:
why ban something that isn't a problem? like rifles??

wasn't comparing pot/booze, cars, guns; but stating all must be handled with responsibility for safety...

So we should just say, no more defending your home and family since others can't handle it... again personal responsibility....

[pic - click to view]

Stop blaming guns... Its' our culture...

[pic - click to view]

Oh, the Switzerland excuse

1. Switzerland doesn't have the highest gun ownership per capita, they have 8 million people with 4 million guns, we have around 300 million people with around 300 million guns. That's a 1 to 2 ratio to a almost 1 to 1 ratio if averaged out.

2. Switzerland is a socialist country with extremely high taxes and extremely low poverty, class diversity or even racial diversity. Therefore the structure of their society and culture is totally different from ours. Do you think all these gun loving conservatives want to try out socialism in order to keep their guns ??

3. In evidence of their difference in culture from other developed countries , especially the U.S. , Switzerland has none of the social problems a.ssociated with gun crime seen in other industrialized countries like drugs or urban deprivation. So bring in socialism , eliminate class warfare , and see if people really want to use guns when everyone has the same shyt in their house/lives.

4. The Swiss don't give out carry and conceal weapons like we do. It's extremely difficult to receive one unless you can prove that you need it for an occupation that is related with security. Do you want to give up everyone's conceal and carry permits ?? I do suppose limiting gun accidents to the home will lower the gun homicide rate.

5. Since Switzerland has no standing army, most of these guns are government issued to men who are basically reservists who are required to do a few weeks of training every year. Something else that else we don't have and probably never will since we already have a huge military we don't need to force gun owners into the reserves.

StatisticZ said:
There's actually more defensive gun uses in this country every year than any form of murder combined.. We're speaking upwards of 1+ million. In 1994 it was crossing the threshold of about 2 million. And 8 times out of 10 no charges were filed in the use.

That's even with violent crime declining, as it has been the past 5 years, despite the ban on "assault weapons" expiring 7+ years ago.

I'm aware of that study, it was heavily scrutinized and re-evaluated to determine many fallacies and bias in the questioning. Improved studies found the number much lower (around 100,000 instead of 2 million)

but out of these we still dont know which of them were "life threatening" incidents or even to what extent it warranted the use of a gun ( if someone walks through my yard and I pull a gun on them is that really self defense ??) , while we do know what percentage of those gun homicide murders were life threatening.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Lawyer with big ass t1ttys
110 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside T1tty Meat from Nicki Minaj
48 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Thread worthy Cute thick Latina
27 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Lil Duval with the joke of the year
58 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Here is what Disney now owns.
81 comments
1 day ago
@movies
most viewed right now
Even Dr.Disrespect can get caught up in the life it seems......
110 comments
1 day ago
@games
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Houston Better Stop Playing With Me 😩
53 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside DJ Khaled pays homage to Wayne
78 comments
1 day ago