most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Stoner slut Nani -- would fu-k 4 weed
78 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside New IG PIcs of Cocain.Lorraine
129 comments
@thotsdimesetc

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 4 years ago '09        #61
Polygod 75 heat pts75
space
space
$3,953 | Props total: 1405 1405
 AA1989 said:
In theory, you're second question is plausible. The expierence of hot or cold has nothing to do with the stimulus but how your brain interepts the signal and generates an output in response.

In your first, question, are you asking if you could replicate the experience of identifying an object through touch by stimulating the spinal cord? I wouldn't think so but I don't know too much about somatosensation

edit: by the way you wouldn't stimulate the periphereal receptors (fingers) but you'd stimulate a pathway to the brain not from. Your fingers dont 'recognize' an object, your brain do
I was just wondering if there was a way to simulate touch via the spinal cord with current technology I think with a form of illusion (like the ghost hand with amputees) and maybe electrical currents (because thats essentially all it is)you could trick the mind into feeling things that aren't really there. Like the burning coin trick with hypnotist
 4 years ago '04        #62
Skilllz 1 heat pts
space
space
$7,250 | Props total: 1396 1396
Can you tell me anything about Parkinson's? My grandma's just been diagnosed with early stages of Parkinsons.
 07-02-2013, 11:01 PM         #63
AA1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Nothing more than Wiki can tell you.
 4 years ago '05        #64
rprose 
space
space
$702 | Props total: 118 118
This guy is a quack!!

I can do what he's doing....hold my beer!!

[video - click to view]

Last edited by rprose; 07-03-2013 at 03:58 AM..
 07-04-2013, 09:16 PM         #65
AA1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Jayg36 said:
So u jus gon ignore my questions homie???
I answered them with the exception of prayers/meditation. I don't have an answer for you. Use googlescholar and try searching yourself.

And theres no such thing as ESP nor can you retrieve memories at will nor can you combat forgetting.

Last edited by AA1989; 07-04-2013 at 09:19 PM..
 07-04-2013, 09:18 PM         #66
AA1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 rprose said:
This guy is a quack!!

I can do what he's doing....hold my beer!!

Yeah, I'm the quack. Do you laugh at fart jokes, too?
 4 years ago '13        #67
MTtheImperial 
space
space
$222 | Props total: 46 46
What are the standard models and definitions of consciousness within the neuroscientific community? like what are the most widely excepted ideas / prevailing theories?

What do you plan to do with your PhD? I would a.ssume teach or work in a lab (or some combination of the two), but if one or the other, why?

I've been told that fish oil is good for the brain in some vague terms of a.ssisting with cognitive processes. When taking a supplement like fish-oil (or anything with similar properties that can be taken consistently) what effects are there (if any) when you stop?

Lastly, what do you know about Hallucinogens and the long term effects they have on the brain? I know somebody earlier in this thread mentioned mushrooms, and for my own personal sake i'll stick to that. I ingested them about two weeks ago, and in the time following have found myself much more empathetic ( not a state of mind I particularly enjoy). What has happened to me and how long will it last?

sorry if that's a ton of questions, but its seldom that one gets to Q&A with somebody like you.
 4 years ago '11        #68
Deuterion 2 heat pts
space
space
$4,374 | Props total: 4255 4255
Do our sensory organs only gather information that the brain is tasked with interpreting? For example, do we actually see through our eyes or do we gather data with our eyes that our brain interprets and then relays what is being seen?

Thanks AA.
 07-16-2013, 09:38 PM         #69
AA1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Deuterion said:
Do our sensory organs only gather information that the brain is tasked with interpreting? For example, do we actually see through our eyes or do we gather data with our eyes that our brain interprets and then relays what is being seen?

Thanks AA.
The latter.
 07-16-2013, 09:42 PM         #70
AA1989  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 MTtheImperial said:
What are the standard models and definitions of consciousness within the neuroscientific community? like what are the most widely excepted ideas / prevailing theories?

What do you plan to do with your PhD? I would a.ssume teach or work in a lab (or some combination of the two), but if one or the other, why?

I've been told that fish oil is good for the brain in some vague terms of a.ssisting with cognitive processes. When taking a supplement like fish-oil (or anything with similar properties that can be taken consistently) what effects are there (if any) when you stop?

Lastly, what do you know about Hallucinogens and the long term effects they have on the brain? I know somebody earlier in this thread mentioned mushrooms, and for my own personal sake i'll stick to that. I ingested them about two weeks ago, and in the time following have found myself much more empathetic ( not a state of mind I particularly enjoy). What has happened to me and how long will it last?

sorry if that's a ton of questions, but its seldom that one gets to Q&A with somebody like you.
I don't believe 'consciouness' exists and don't believe there are any standard models. If consciousness does exist, we're no where near understanding it.

My dream job is to have my own lab at a university but it's about as difficult as making it to the NFL/MLB, etc. Professors simply aren't retiring at the expected rate and funding is terribly low at the present time.

I don't really know anything about hallucinogens. And don't take any supplement thats claims to improve any cognitive ability. It's horsesh*t.
 4 years ago '11        #71
apexape 13 heat pts13
space
space
$3,093 | Props total: 1335 1335
im a pending psychologist, about to do my masters or PHD (still deciding which one to take, currently finishing up my honours year).

Im in Australia though, so im a.ssuming the system is a little different to what you're doing, but our professions do correlate to a certain degree, i've done a couple neuropsych subjects on the way, and i actually really enjoyed them.

dont really have any questions, but just want to congratulate you on your studies and good luck for the future
 4 years ago '06        #72
Jaguar34 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,905 | Props total: 2 2
I'm epileptic and developed juvenile myoclonic epilepsy at the age of 13. This continued until I beganDoctors expected me to grow out of it but I'm still required to take medication in order to avoid seizures. Last month, I went to Neuroscience conference and an actual neuroscientist explained that music and marijuana can both trigger and prevent seizures in epileptics. He also explained studies that found that rap, metal, and country music were the genres of music that most exposed the human brain to neurological manipulation.

I started playing PS2 and began listening to rap music 6+ hours a day on my 13th birthday. Two questions.

1) What are the causes of my form of epilepsy, and do you believe it to be influenced by parts of the body other than the brain and nervous system?

2) Can music be used as a form of mind control?
 4 years ago '06        #73
Jaguar34 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,905 | Props total: 2 2
BONUS QUESTION: Did you learn how to practice that MK-Ultra sh*t?
Home      

most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
202 comments
19 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Rappers that have or had AIDS
166 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Video inside Boxden man is in tears after getting robbed of $20,000 by his friends..
89 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Response to Joyner Lucas 'I'm Not Racist'
225 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
The internet reacts to people getting finessed by the mother of the viral bull..
187 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA IT OFFICIAL: Lamelo & LiAngelo Ball Have Gone Pro, Sign 1 Year Deal With L..
261 comments
23 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sweet Colombian....Baddie... IDK nigga she got ass and she pretty. peep
90 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 11 - Government agencies announce plan to sellout the internet
134 comments
19 hours ago
@news
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy