Hidden(s) scene in J.J Abram's CLOVERFIELD!!

most viewed right now
Video inside Migos run up on Joe Budden and Akademiks
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Rap in the 90's vs rap today
48 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
66 comments
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA LaMelo could be the youngest NBA player ever at 16?
73 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
New replies show every 10 seconds
 5 years ago '12        #81
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
 Fresh Whyte said:
Cloverfield Was Scary? That sh*t Was Funny To Me.

Get Tired of Hearing The Rumors That Part 2 Is Coming Soon and Its Based On How The Monster Got Here But Nothing Never Confirmed.
I didnt mean scared as in scared to watch that sh*t, i watch movies like that like i place myself as a character in that scenario, and that sh*t scares me, thats what made the movie cool for me... I guess thats just me
 5 years ago '10        #82
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
 Pleasure Boy said:
I didnt mean scared as in scared to watch that sh*t, i watch movies like that like i place myself as a character in that scenario, and that sh*t scares me, thats what made the movie cool for me... I guess thats just me
Ummmm, I thought everybody does that. I do or at least try, if I cant submerse myself in a movie than its usually a sh*t movie. I may not be the main character in the flick but I usually like to feel like im in there some where. Thats y I be yelling at the screen and getting into it n sh*t.
 5 years ago '12        #83
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
 marcchrome said:
Thanks for the detailed response....... I thought since J.J. Abrams contributed along with
Spielberg in "Super 8" and the alien being looked close to the giant one in "Cloverfield" that they were gonna pull a fast one and some how link both films. And what is Slusho exactly??? Keep in mind that I did not actually start respecting J.J. Abrams work until I saw "Star Trek". As far as "Cloverfield" goes I missed that wave. the motion sickness/shaky cam sh*t k!lled it for me. I understood what he was trying to do but felt he went too far. The viral marketing for the film at the time was pure genius. I will give him that.

Slusho is a popular drink in Japan manufactured by a group named Tagruato that uses a secret ingredient called "sea bed nectar" that can only be found on the bottom of the ocean floor. It is also the company that gave the main character of Cloverfield a job in Japan which is the reason why they are throwing him a going away party in the beginning of the film. Now in order to obtain this sea bed nectar ingredient Tagruato places drilling stations around the world to pull as much of it up as possible. The thing is, the making of Slusho isnt the only thing those drilling stations are being used for. Thanks to the search for their fallen satellite along the coast of NY they found that there is something beyond our control in the ocean. In order to study this mystery they built a drilling station called "chuai" near New York and CT and told everyone that they were simply trying to expand their Slusho market into the United States. Low and behold... they pissed whatever they were studying off and it went crazy and destroyed the drilling station. This proves that knowledge of this monsters existence has been known long before the attacks.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[video - click to view]

Coincidence? You can hear the monsters roar at 2:11. Still sends shivers down my spine.

Something else thats cool to know is that JJ Abrams involves Slusho in almost all of his works. It can be found referenced in Alias, Lost, Super 8 and Fringe.

Last edited by Nest; 12-18-2012 at 01:34 PM..
 5 years ago '04        #84
yaobabydaddy 
space
space
$4,549 | Props total: 594 594
Wait so u guys r saying that this is a must watch movie? I seen the trailer and read the synopsis and stayed far far away.
 5 years ago '12        #85
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 yaobabydaddy said:
Wait so u guys r saying that this is a must watch movie? I seen the trailer and read the synopsis and stayed far far away.
It's not a MUST WATCH. It wont ever win an oscar but it is damn entertaining. If you like things like godzilla and the day after tomorrow, etc then you'll enjoy this. The POV camera isn't for everybody. There is a sh*t load of running and shaking in this movie but thats what makes it real. You're supposed to feel like you're apart of this group every step of the way. These are your friends.
 12-18-2012, 06:28 PM         #86
youdug  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
love when directors put little easter eggs in their movies.
props to jj for these
 5 years ago '10        #87
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
 Nest said:
Good question. My bad for not specifying. ARG stands for Alternate Reality Game. It's a viral marketing tactic that producers and their production companies do to build up interest for their movies. ARGs can be as simple as going to a website that you saw written down somewhere in the background of a trailer to getting GPS cordinates and actually getting in your car, tracking the spot down to receive yet another clue. It basically pins you as Sherlock Holmes and you and the rest of the internet have to solve the mystery of "what the fu*k is going on"
GPS? Getting in cars and driving to some place? Damn they did all that for this movie? Wow
 5 years ago '10        #88
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
 Nest said:

Slusho is a popular drink in Japan manufactured by a group named Tagruato that uses a secret ingredient called "sea bed nectar" that can only be found on the bottom of the ocean floor. It is also the company that gave the main character of Cloverfield a job in Japan which is the reason why they are throwing him a going away party in the beginning of the film. Now in order to obtain this sea bed nectar ingredient Tagruato places drilling stations around the world to pull as much of it up as possible. The thing is, the making of Slusho isnt the only thing those drilling stations are being used for. Thanks to the search for their fallen satellite along the coast of NY they found that there is something beyond our control in the ocean. In order to study this mystery they built a drilling station called "chuai" near New York and CT and told everyone that they were simply trying to expand their Slusho market into the United States. Low and behold... they pissed whatever they were studying off and it went crazy and destroyed the drilling station. This proves that knowledge of this monsters existence has been known long before the attacks.

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Coincidence? You can hear the monsters roar at 2:11. Still sends shivers down my spine.

Something else thats cool to know is that JJ Abrams involves Slusho in almost all of his works. It can be found referenced in Alias, Lost, Super 8 and Fringe.

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #89
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Smoov Deezy said:
Holy sh*t i had no idea
Not many people did. Usually the ones who told me they like the movie are the same ones who helped out with the ARG. I'm really surprised so many people on BX praise this film. It usually takes me a lot of convincing.
New replies show every 10 seconds
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
36 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
male rape survivor talks about how he got raped twice
77 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish