Hidden(s) scene in J.J Abram's CLOVERFIELD!!

most viewed right now
NBA JAYSON TATUMS CAREER IS OFFICIALLY OVER :mjdamn:
36 comments
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Yall thought Twitter on Big Sean was bad? Check out the comments about..
33 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Sorry Em This Not It I Mean At Least You Tried
126 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Dec 13 - Study: Women rate the strongest men as the most attractive
51 comments
@news

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #61
Pleasure Boy 1256 heat pts1256
space
space
$10,008 | Props total: 4956 4956
The same people that love this movie will talk sh*t about Quarantine, and i loved both movies both was scary as fucck to me... I still have both copies
 5 years ago '10        #62
smokinthe420 4 heat pts
space
space
$15,425 | Props total: 6601 6601
 Nest said:
Tough weekend. Sorry for the late response. I'll start off by saying that Super 8 and Cloverfield have nothing to do with each other at all. The only thing I believe they share in similarities is a Slusho prop in the background. Slusho plays a huge backstory to Cloverfield so if you guys want me to go into further detail about that then I will.

Abrams is known for keeping his works a secret. He has something to do with The Phantom Pain/Possible Metal Gear Solid 5 that is sweeping the internet. As for a Cloverfield sequel, It's not exactly Abrams that is holding Cloverfield 2 off. Matt Reeves has said multiple times that as much as he would love to do a sequel he just doesnt know how well it will sit with people. You can only do so much with a monster attacking the city. There were a few a.ssumptions that the sequel would take place from the Army's point of view because if you look closely many of them have cameras on their helmets and there was even talk that the film would be shot from a different groups perspective because when they are on the bridge before the monster attacks, Hud turns the camera and he sees another person looking directly at him with another camera. It's a cool way to bridge stories. But other than that, theres not much they can do. We most likely will see a sequel just dont be surprised if it feels like we've seen it already. It would practically be the same movie. He made Super 8 as a way to give us that old childhood ET feeling. The one where the second you walk out the theater you look into the sky and wonder if something like that could ever happen. He gave us a monster movie with emotion. Thats something we've been missing.

Now about what you see falling into the ocean during that scene, it is actually a satellite named ChimpanzIII from an organization called Tagruato. This crashing into the ocean along with Tagruato looking for the satellite and ingredients to make Slusho which is found on the ocean floor is what woke the monster. If you feel lost then you should be. This is two years worth of viral marketing that you have no idea about. I'll try to explain everything to the best of my ability but there is a lot of ground to cover.

Please explain it, either pm me or pm a link.. Thou this movie is old, I watched a lot of the viral, and still am finding out new stuff.. One of my favorites.. Good response my dude
 12-17-2012, 07:33 AM         #63
Got Cheeve?  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
So wait Slusho is basically Slurm from Futurama?

5 years ago '05        #64
STILLH.A.C.K. 
space
space
$3,237 | Props total: 2 2
Great to see other people appreciating this movie, followed EVERYTHING since the trailer appeared with Transformers, here's a site I followed on a daily basis back then for all the ARG stuff.

5 years ago '05        #65
meepos 21 heat pts21
space
space
$9,551 | Props total: 26 26
 ultimaforce said:
Congrats on your front page if true
imma have to call bullsh*t on this. Going through his post history on both websites you can see the contrast in writing style is very different from each other. Unless it's part of his plan to sound educated on reddit and like a 5th grade gang banger on boxden.
 5 years ago '12        #66
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
 Got Cheeve? said:
So wait Slusho is basically Slurm from Futurama?

never thought of it that way but it sort of is.

STILLH.A.C.K. said:
Great to see other people appreciating this movie, followed EVERYTHING since the trailer appeared with Transformers, here's a site I followed on a daily basis back then for all the ARG stuff.

This and the unfiction were hourly visits for me back in the day.

smokinthe420 said:
Please explain it, either pm me or pm a link.. Thou this movie is old, I watched a lot of the viral, and still am finding out new stuff.. One of my favorites.. Good response my dude
I've been getting a lot of people propping me telling me to make a thread like I had on another forum so they could get into it. There are already sites that offer this but you'll have to go through hundreds of pages in order to obtain it all.

The sites are and

Yes that second link is 355 pages so if you guys really dont feel like scavenging through all of it which is understandable then I'll make my own thread and try to simply it as best as I can without deducting anything. It just takes a lot of time.
 12-17-2012, 02:28 PM         #67
bongt0ker420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 poeknock said:
I also think the movie got alot of hate because people dont like to think or guess after a movie is over as to what happened...I took the movie for what it was, a found footage movie and most ppl didnt an thats why those who actually went to see it has hate for it. Everything about the movie was dope to me because I went in knowing that anything can happen since its found footage.
truth. i dig this movie.

people that are are too simple minded and ignorant to give it a second thought
 12-17-2012, 02:32 PM         #68
bongt0ker420  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 Nest said:
Thats usually the complaint people give. Believe it or not, when I went to the midnight showing a lot of people were complaining and trying to get their money back because they felt nauseous and no one warned them about it. I went back that same day but at night with my other friends and they were giving you barf bags as you bought your ticket

I didnt think it was that serious. It was supposed to feel real. You're not gonna carry a tripod with you when you're running from a monster as big as a skyscraper.
@ ppl feeling queezy n sh*t.

weak individuals
 5 years ago '05        #69
STILLH.A.C.K. 
space
space
$3,237 | Props total: 2 2
 bongt0ker420 said:
@ ppl feeling queezy n sh*t.

weak individuals
 5 years ago '10        #70
Intoxicated 123 heat pts123
space
space
$2,344 | Props total: 166 166
i remember nest talking about cloverfield on another forum when it was first coming out.
dude really knows his stuff and shared some cool info i didn't see anywhere else.
 5 years ago '04        #71
CA$H MONEY 2 heat pts
space
space
$3,923 | Props total: 3 3
what are you guys talking about something falling from the sky in the coney island scene? did i miss something.

great movie?
 5 years ago '10        #72
Intoxicated 123 heat pts123
space
space
$2,344 | Props total: 166 166
 CA$H MONEY said:
what are you guys talking about something falling from the sky in the coney island scene? did i miss something.

great movie?
happens @ :28

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '10        #73
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
 Nest said:
Thats usually the complaint people give. Believe it or not, when I went to the midnight showing a lot of people were complaining and trying to get their money back because they felt nauseous and no one warned them about it. I went back that same day but at night with my other friends and they were giving you barf bags as you bought your ticket

I didnt think it was that serious. It was supposed to feel real. You're not gonna carry a tripod with you when you're running from a monster as big as a skyscraper.
I seen this movie when I stationed in Hawaii, the ushers made it a point to stand at the bottom of the isle and inform everybody in the theater about how the movie could cause motion sickness or seizures n sh*t. two or three people got up an left before the movie even started. That sh*t had me amped like we was bout to go on a roller coaster rider or some sh*t. My wife was all nervous and sh*t lol that was by far the best movie theater experience I ever had.
 5 years ago '06        #74
K-Train 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,564 | Props total: 47 47
Me and my friend were just talking about this movie. It was dope, I found it hilarious how the one girl who was hurt on the roof. Was the fastest one running in the next scene.
 5 years ago '10        #75
rockyin4 14 heat pts14
space
space
$6,061 | Props total: 440 440
Liked the movie a lot. Watched it around 5 times but never really dissected it like you guys. Lizzy Caplan.
 5 years ago '12        #76
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Intoxicated said:
i remember nest talking about cloverfield on another forum when it was first coming out.
dude really knows his stuff and shared some cool info i didn't see anywhere else.
Thanks bro. I barely know anyone from the old forum so it was an awkward transition for me. Wish it was still up so I could make use of my thread.

walker2781 said:
I seen this movie when I stationed in Hawaii, the ushers made it a point to stand at the bottom of the isle and inform everybody in the theater about how the movie could cause motion sickness or seizures n sh*t. two or three people got up an left before the movie even started. That sh*t had me amped like we was bout to go on a roller coaster rider or some sh*t. My wife was all nervous and sh*t lol that was by far the best movie theater experience I ever had.
Definitely was my favorite experience in a movie theater. The audience was as pumped as I was and I got to see it at a brand new theater so it was new seats, new projections, new everything. And to top it off it debuted in a directors hall were you order your food and people bring it to you. I felt rich lol. A lot of people were screaming "HOLY sh*t" and "RUN!" during the film and jumping out their seats. I even started doing it! I'd relive that moment any day. Hell I still have my ticket!

[pic - click to view]

Still havent gotten around to starting that thread yet. I just got back from Christmas shopping and now I'm being forced to watch a stupid movie. This is how you can tell its a lot of work. If it was simple then I would have made it already lol. Sorry for the hold up though.

Last edited by Nest; 12-17-2012 at 09:41 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #77
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
^No worries, take your time, im sure itll be worth it. The sh*t that tripped me out was that I always thought it was the monster that fell from the sky, didnt know it was a satelite
 5 years ago '05        #78
Fresh|B 976 heat pts976
space
space
$43,433 | Props total: 25086 25086
 Pleasure Boy said:
The same people that love this movie will talk sh*t about Quarantine, and i loved both movies both was scary as fucck to me... I still have both copies
Cloverfield Was Scary? That sh*t Was Funny To Me.

Get Tired of Hearing The Rumors That Part 2 Is Coming Soon and Its Based On How The Monster Got Here But Nothing Never Confirmed.
 5 years ago '12        #79
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Grave said:
^No worries, take your time, im sure itll be worth it. The sh*t that tripped me out was that I always thought it was the monster that fell from the sky, didnt know it was a satelite
This would be a whole different story if the monster actually came from space. That would mean that aliens arent these little green and grey men we portray them to be. They are actually bigger than 80% of the buildings in New York
 5 years ago '04        #80
marcchrome 42 heat pts42
space
space
$11,748 | Props total: 2410 2410
 Nest said:
Tough weekend. Sorry for the late response. I'll start off by saying that Super 8 and Cloverfield have nothing to do with each other at all. The only thing I believe they share in similarities is a Slusho prop in the background. Slusho plays a huge backstory to Cloverfield so if you guys want me to go into further detail about that then I will.

Abrams is known for keeping his works a secret. He has something to do with The Phantom Pain/Possible Metal Gear Solid 5 that is sweeping the internet. As for a Cloverfield sequel, It's not exactly Abrams that is holding Cloverfield 2 off. Matt Reeves has said multiple times that as much as he would love to do a sequel he just doesnt know how well it will sit with people. You can only do so much with a monster attacking the city. There were a few a.ssumptions that the sequel would take place from the Army's point of view because if you look closely many of them have cameras on their helmets and there was even talk that the film would be shot from a different groups perspective because when they are on the bridge before the monster attacks, Hud turns the camera and he sees another person looking directly at him with another camera. It's a cool way to bridge stories. But other than that, theres not much they can do. We most likely will see a sequel just dont be surprised if it feels like we've seen it already. It would practically be the same movie. He made Super 8 as a way to give us that old childhood ET feeling. The. one where the second you walk out the theater you look into the sky and wonder if something like that could ever happen. He gave us a monster movie with emotion. Thats something we've been missing.

Now about what you see falling into the ocean during that scene, it is actually a satellite named ChimpanzIII from an organization called Tagruato. This crashing into the ocean along with Tagruato looking for the satellite and ingredients to make Slusho which is found on the ocean floor is what woke
the monster. If you feel lost then you should be. This is two years worth of viral marketing that you have no idea about. I'll try to explain everything to the best of my ability but there is a lot of ground to cover.

Thanks for the detailed response....... I thought since J.J. Abrams contributed along with
Spielberg in "Super 8" and the alien being looked close to the giant one in "Cloverfield" that they were gonna pull a fast one and some how link both films. And what is Slusho exactly??? Keep in mind that I did not actually start respecting J.J. Abrams work until I saw "Star Trek". As far as "Cloverfield" goes I missed that wave. the motion sickness/shaky cam sh*t k!lled it for me. I understood what he was trying to do but felt he went too far. The viral marketing for the film at the time was pure genius. I will give him that.
Home      

most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 19 yo Becky with a phatty 🍑
98 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
BOX Mayweather reveals comeback offer, fighting in ufc; poppin mad sh*t:"th..
57 comments
1 day ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside P0rnstar Skyy Black IG Pics
79 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside WTF is Rick & Morty?
115 comments
22 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Letís keep it real: is she a 6 in your area?
57 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Dec 11 - The bubble is here: People taking out mortgages to cop bitcoins
256 comments
2 days ago
@news
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside X-MEN return to Marvel Studios in less than 48 hours
85 comments
1 day ago