Hidden(s) scene in J.J Abram's CLOVERFIELD!!

most viewed right now
Birdman broke af - about to lose his mansion due to $12 Million Dollar Loan
44 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 17 - Do You Do These 5 Things W ur Cellphone That Health Officials..
33 comments
@news
most viewed right now
Damn!! Is all I can say
25 comments
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
NFL He dropped it. Don't play dumb, don't get mad at the Pats. He. Dropped. It.
191 comments
@sports

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '12        #41
SHADOW 326 heat pts326
space
space
$8,652 | Props total: 322 322
I want that sequel JJ god dammit; this movie was epic even tho it was a small budget.

I need that big budget sequel
 5 years ago '12        #42
Steelo Green 46 heat pts46
space
space
$746 | Props total: 0 0
So many people told me this movie was cheeks so I never bothered.. but if it's like that then imma see what it's talmbout.
 5 years ago '12        #43
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
$3,665 | Props total: 375 375
 walker2781 said:
I see ur a huge JJ Abrams fan, other than the Star Trek joints do u know of any other potential master piece projects that r on the horizon?
 marcchrome said:
Known about this for some time....... what I really want to know is what was that large projectile that fell from the sky in "Cloverfield" when dude was on film with his girl at the boardwalk at Coney Island? And is the "Super 8" alien in anyway linked to the the large creature in "Cloverfield"?
Tough weekend. Sorry for the late response. I'll start off by saying that Super 8 and Cloverfield have nothing to do with each other at all. The only thing I believe they share in similarities is a Slusho prop in the background. Slusho plays a huge backstory to Cloverfield so if you guys want me to go into further detail about that then I will.

Abrams is known for keeping his works a secret. He has something to do with The Phantom Pain/Possible Metal Gear Solid 5 that is sweeping the internet. As for a Cloverfield sequel, It's not exactly Abrams that is holding Cloverfield 2 off. Matt Reeves has said multiple times that as much as he would love to do a sequel he just doesnt know how well it will sit with people. You can only do so much with a monster attacking the city. There were a few a.ssumptions that the sequel would take place from the Army's point of view because if you look closely many of them have cameras on their helmets and there was even talk that the film would be shot from a different groups perspective because when they are on the bridge before the monster attacks, Hud turns the camera and he sees another person looking directly at him with another camera. It's a cool way to bridge stories. But other than that, theres not much they can do. We most likely will see a sequel just dont be surprised if it feels like we've seen it already. It would practically be the same movie. He made Super 8 as a way to give us that old childhood ET feeling. The one where the second you walk out the theater you look into the sky and wonder if something like that could ever happen. He gave us a monster movie with emotion. Thats something we've been missing.

Now about what you see falling into the ocean during that scene, it is actually a satellite named ChimpanzIII from an organization called Tagruato. This crashing into the ocean along with Tagruato looking for the satellite and ingredients to make Slusho which is found on the ocean floor is what woke the monster. If you feel lost then you should be. This is two years worth of viral marketing that you have no idea about. I'll try to explain everything to the best of my ability but there is a lot of ground to cover.

Last edited by Nest; 12-16-2012 at 03:24 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #44
BurninLz 31 heat pts31
space
space
$10,316 | Props total: 905 905
 kontrast said:
Stealing from Reddit are we?

[video - click to view]

5 years ago '07        #45
KingOnSlaught 1 heat pts
space
space
$5,222 | Props total: 12 12
love this film, saw it at a screening and i was like .... got caught up with all the viral stuff as well... great experience overall
 5 years ago '10        #46
walker2781 6 heat pts
space
space
$1,826 | Props total: 4 4
 Nest said:
Tough weekend. Sorry for the late response. I'll start off by saying that Super 8 and Cloverfield have nothing to do with each other at all. The only thing I believe they share in similarities is a Slusho prop in the background. Slusho plays a huge backstory to Cloverfield so if you guys want me to go into further detail about that then I will.

Abrams is known for keeping his works a secret. He has something to do with The Phantom Pain/Possible Metal Gear Solid 5 that is sweeping the internet. As for a Cloverfield sequel, It's not exactly Abrams that is holding Cloverfield 2 off. Matt Reeves has said multiple times that as much as he would love to do a sequel he just doesnt know how well it will sit with people. You can only do so much with a monster attacking the city. There were a few a.ssumptions that the sequel would take place from the Army's point of view because if you look closely many of them have cameras on their helmets and there was even talk that the film would be shot from a different groups perspective because when they are on the bridge before the monster attacks, Hud turns the camera and he sees another person looking directly at him with another camera. It's a cool way to bridge stories. But other than that, theres not much they can do. We most likely will see a sequel just dont be surprised if it feels like we've seen it already. It would practically be the same movie. He made Super 8 as a way to give us that old childhood ET feeling. The one where the second you walk out the theater you look into the sky and wonder if something like that could ever happen. He gave us a monster movie with emotion. Thats something we've been missing.

Now about what you see falling into the ocean during that scene, it is actually a satellite named ChimpanzIII from an organization called Tagruato. This crashing into the ocean along with Tagruato looking for the satellite and ingredients to make Slusho which is found on the ocean floor is what woke the monster. If you feel lost then you should be. This is two years worth of viral marketing that you have no idea about. I'll try to explain everything to the best of my ability but there is a lot of ground to cover.
wow I never even noticed that thing falling from the sky when I seen the movie. JJ was on some deep sh*t when he made this joint. I look forward to his next flicks and yea JJ achieved that nostalgic feeling with Super 8, movie was again awesome.
 5 years ago '07        #47
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
$7,788 | Props total: 200 200
I liked this movie.

Nest go more into detail.
 5 years ago '07        #48
Opinion 4 heat pts
space
space
$1,355 | Props total: 276 276
edit: these aint cloverfield 2 pics just viral joints

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Opinion; 12-16-2012 at 09:19 PM..
 5 years ago '12        #49
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Grave said:
I liked this movie.

Nest go more into detail.
Starting where? I could start from the beginning if you guys really give a damn that much

or you can just ask a question/bring up a topic and I'll answer it as detailed as I can.
 5 years ago '07        #50
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
I wouldnt know what to ask. If you can start from the begining?

Im sure we'll come up with some qs once you start.
 5 years ago '12        #51
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Opinion said:
edit: these aint cloverfield 2 pics just viral joints

[pic - click to view]

That photo was first introduced on the original 1-18-08.com site that started the ARG. There were a whole bunch of photos on there that were actual clues. Some pertaining to the monster itself and proving that people new about it before it attacked NYC, tagruato and Rob the main character himself. Unfortunately the website is no longer up so its hard to scavenge all the photos that were on there but some others were

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

5 years ago '12        #52
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Grave said:
I wouldnt know what to ask. If you can start from the begining?

Im sure we'll come up with some qs once you start.
You guys are helping me bring back a lot of memories

Let me find the proper viral links to give you guys and give me a little bit to refresh my memory and figure out the best way to execute this. I'll bring you guys back to June 3, 2007. The day Transformers opened up and we got our first glimpse at Cloverfield

[pic - click to view]

Last edited by Nest; 12-16-2012 at 09:54 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #53
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
What is ARG?
 5 years ago '07        #54
uzi m.c. 
space
space
$3,914 | Props total: 79 79
 Nest said:
The beast and ant frame photos? Are they not showing up for you guys???

[pic - click to view]

[pic - click to view]

Make sure you right click them and open the image in a new tab to see them in a bigger quality.
good lookin
 5 years ago '12        #55
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 Grave said:
What is ARG?
Good question. My bad for not specifying. ARG stands for Alternate Reality Game. It's a viral marketing tactic that producers and their production companies do to build up interest for their movies. ARGs can be as simple as going to a website that you saw written down somewhere in the background of a trailer to getting GPS cordinates and actually getting in your car, tracking the spot down to receive yet another clue. It basically pins you as Sherlock Holmes and you and the rest of the internet have to solve the mystery of "what the fu*k is going on"
 5 years ago '12        #56
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
I've pretty much gathered all the links that I need to give you guys in order for you to take part in this ARG but I still have refresh my memory on why half of them are important. It's currently 11 pm where I live so I most likely wont start posting until tomorrow since I'll be starting from the beginning.

My question to you guys is if you want me to make a new thread solely for the sake of the ARG or do you want me to just continue in here???
 5 years ago '07        #57
Grave 3 heat pts
space
space
Thanks! Ima start reading when you post it. I think its own thread would be better
 12-16-2012, 11:13 PM         #58
Niruggg  OP
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
STILL AIN'T SEE THIS sh*t YET
 5 years ago '10        #59
rek0nize 66 heat pts66
space
space
$9,248 | Props total: 1300 1300
Couldn't stand watching the movie camera. Made me sick looking at it moving all over.
 5 years ago '12        #60
Nest 19 heat pts19
space
space
 rek0nize said:
Couldn't stand watching the movie camera. Made me sick looking at it moving all over.
Thats usually the complaint people give. Believe it or not, when I went to the midnight showing a lot of people were complaining and trying to get their money back because they felt nauseous and no one warned them about it. I went back that same day but at night with my other friends and they were giving you barf bags as you bought your ticket

I didnt think it was that serious. It was supposed to feel real. You're not gonna carry a tripod with you when you're running from a monster as big as a skyscraper.
Home      

most viewed right now
Steph Kegels
131 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
106 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
97 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Bx, can she be saved? Or is she Too Far Gone?
108 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Rape Case Against Nelly DROPPED........Nelly Plans To Sue Accuseer
33 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Matt Damon Is Sharing All His Bad Opinions on Sexual Misconduct
48 comments
1 day ago
@news
most viewed right now
Frequent Flier Series: Brazil
19 comments
1 day ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Uncle Murda Comments On Chinx's Killer Who Is Linked To Him!
110 comments
1 day ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy