most viewed right now
Nicki Minaj speaks up against White rappers taking over the charts
258 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside 50 cent Ex likes photo of his shooter Hommo on IG
99 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 12-15-2012, 08:09 AM         #41
fcb10 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
damn! 8.25?!!
min wage in Ontario is 10.25. Can't survive off that sh*t!
 5 years ago '04        #42
ddubb21 
space
space
$2,140 | Props total: 4 4
yo this article is mad misleading, making it sound like dude is incredibly dedicated and sh*t to his job but like has been said already in this thread, if you've been at a job 20 years with no pay raise or anything it's your fault; either he's fu*king up or just letting himself GET fu*ked. period
 5 years ago '04        #43
S|S 
space
space
$11,588 | Props total: 2 2
if you have no skills, you shouldn't expect to be paid like you do.
 5 years ago '10        #44
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
 S said:
if you have no skills, you shouldn't expect to be paid like you do.
/Thread
 12-15-2012, 09:06 AM         #45
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
Some of yall are dumb as fu*k. Guy has worked there "2 decades" and the only raise he's gotten were mandated by the government. He's not job hopping either, that's all with one company.

And some of you dumb n*ggas are condoning that as acceptable. Tenure shouldn't warrant promotion, but a raise should be expected until you top out at your pay scale.
 5 years ago '04        #46
bmack940 6 heat pts
space
space
$575 | Props total: 342 342
dude said everytime new management comes in or they transfer you to another location you get knocked back down to minimum wage and have to start over.
Might explain a little why he's still being paid pennies.
 5 years ago '06        #47
MyStYlEaRt 
space
space
$4,119 | Props total: 1159 1159
That kind of stuff pisses me off. I'm always one for education, especially in the African American community however one doesn't always have the ability to go to college or ever "make it" in the cooperate world. What hurts even more is the fact that say an immigrant comes to this country, the likely hood of them finding something better than minimum wage is pretty slim. These companies are making billions more each year and they refuse to pay their workers more. The entire system of Capitalism sucks, but unfortunately i don't know another solution.
 5 years ago '06        #48
D.O.H. 
space
space
$5,073 | Props total: 748 748
everybody knows low jobs like that you don't get paid based on profitability of the company, but based on skill and duty requirements of the job. You really think McD's should pay people $12+/hour to play spongebob in the back all day
 5 years ago '04        #49
VictoryThagr8 6 heat pts
space
space
space
$11,347 | Props total: 2783 2783
 S E L F said:
Some of yall are dumb as fu*k. Guy has worked there "2 decades" and the only raise he's gotten were mandated by the government. He's not job hopping either, that's all with one company.

And some of you dumb n*ggas are condoning that as acceptable. Tenure shouldn't warrant promotion, but a raise should be expected until you top out at your pay scale.
If he is flipping burgers for 20 years and have no raise plus stupid enough not to find another job. Then yes this acceptable because obviously he isn't skilled enough to be a manager or get another job. It tells me that he is an idiot that expect that he should a raise. Guess what would I do if McDonald's didn't give me a raise. I quit and found another job. Actually McDonald's is the one of the easiest job to get a mangement position and he can't even get that . It just tells me that he is like my coworkers who been working for the company for 20 years but is nowhere near as skilled as me. And that is why I got promoted as a manager while she didn't get a raise for a while.

Last edited by VictoryThagr8; 12-15-2012 at 12:51 PM..
 5 years ago '10        #50
TheMindOf 21 heat pts21
space
space
$27,749 | Props total: 16554 16554
Story reminds me of a friend of mine when I was young.

He was the first one of my n*ggas to get a job. At McDonalds.

Dude was 14. By the time he was 17-18 he was already managing the joint..

Yea.. Theres definitely wrong with the guy in this story if he's been there 20 years and still aint graduated to the Fryolator ..
 12-15-2012, 01:31 PM         #51
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 VictoryThagr8 said:
If he is flipping burgers for 20 years and have no raise plus stupid enough not to find another job. Then yes this acceptable because obviously he isn't skilled enough to be a manager or get another job. It tells me that he is an idiot that expect that he should a raise. Guess what would I do if McDonald's didn't give me a raise. I quit and found another job. Actually McDonald's is the one of the easiest job to get a mangement position and he can't even get that . It just tells me that he is like my coworkers who been working for the company for 20 years but is nowhere near as skilled as me. And that is why I got promoted as a manager while she didn't get a raise for a while.

Dumb n*ggas. Stop comparing yourself to him. Nobody cares about you, your career philosophy, or how you're trying so hard to convey that you're some successful snob on boxden.

We're talking about that guy. And why he's worked for a company for 20 years and hasn't even received a raise. I could care less about him being promoted. That's based on merit. You don't need merit to be given a simple raise after 20 years. It should be expected.
 5 years ago '04        #52
JBeezy 1 heat pts
space
space
$13,933 | Props total: 414 414
This reminds me of the story that came out before Black Friday about lady that has worked at Walmart for like 30 years being pissed about benefits and working on Thanksgiving and Black Friday.

.....Just to draw sympathy from morons that think they know what every employee deserves to make.
 5 years ago '05        #53
Tonero 8 heat pts
space
space
$6,500 | Props total: 2515 2515
stay in school kids
 5 years ago '10        #54
SoFresh170 27 heat pts27
space
space
$12,317 | Props total: 1964 1964
fairly, minimum wage should be $9/hour

That's crazy how dude been there for a decade and only gets paid $8.25, how you dont get promoted. For real though, hes stupid for staying. By now he could probably be a waiter or cook at a regular restaurant with his experience.
 12-15-2012, 02:31 PM         #55
S E L F 
space
space
space
$n/a | Props total:  
 BlackRepub85 said:
First of all, nobody is required to have a raise, that's the thought process of lazy individuals. "I should get a raise because I been here 20 years", get the fu*k outta here with that lazy BS.
And that's the thought process of dumb n*ggas that can't read.

Point out where I, or anybody else said raises were a "requirement".
 5 years ago '08        #56
tdnupe3 9 heat pts
space
space
$6,108 | Props total: 12390 12390
Sad story. I'm about to open a wing joint in my city and I have plans on paying my employees well, and have their salary tied to overall company performance.

I hate when CEOs feel as though it's ok to pay people such a small amount, but when you have shareholders to answer to, the only thing that matters is profit. I will never go public as a service business.
 5 years ago '04        #57
getyagameup 24 heat pts24
space
space
$4,044 | Props total: 27 27
wow.....what a story...and to think, these mother fu*kers even f!ght to keep the wages down...spend more on doing that rather than give the workers any money.

i swear....one day....everybody just needs to walk off of all jobs at once and maybe sh*t'll change. stick to your guns, say fu*k what's going on just to give it to the establishment one day. this is pathetic. we'll never make it as a collective whole if she continues like this.
 5 years ago '11        #58
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
I know it's easy to say that this dude is stupid as fu*k for working for the same company over 20 yrs and not receive a increase in pay over that period of time. I understand that the economy is not in the best shape where you can just get up and go find another job elsewhere but at some point if you're at the same job for "x" amount of years and is not moving up the ladder then it should be a sign to find another job with better pay.

In this guy's case he has no one to blame but himself b/c he didn't take the initiative to find/make better opportunities for himself. Although, arguments can be made that the CEO's themselves could definitely stop being greedy a.sses and come up off their money and increase employee minimum wage $7-8 is not enough to live off of.

Last edited by whouthinkitis; 12-15-2012 at 06:23 PM..
 5 years ago '07        #59
Ham Rove 3511 heat pts3511 OP
space
space
$55,234 | Props total: 20026 20026
 whouthinkitis said:
I know it's easy to say that this dude is stupid as fu*k for working for the same company over 20 yrs and not receive a increase in pay over that period of time. I understand that the economy is not in the best shape where you can just get up and go find another job elsewhere but at some point if you're at the same job for "x" amount of years and is not moving up the ladder then it should be a sign to find another job with better pay. In this guy's case he has no one to blame but himself b/c he didn't take the initiative to find/make better opportunities for himself.
did you read the article?
 5 years ago '11        #60
whouthinkitis 18 heat pts18
space
space
$8,860 | Props total: 1474 1474
 NoTitleSince73 said:
did you read the article?
Bruh I ain't even about to argue with you so go somewhere and save you're breath.
Home      

most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
106 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
joie chavis
41 comments
2 days ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
110 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Girl, you look so good, it's to die for (die for) | Ooh, that pus-y go..
20 comments
19 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Denzel speaking Realism!
27 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Video inside Jimmy Interviews The Roots' Black Thought About His Epic 10-Minute Free..
68 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
most viewed right now
When Popeyes runs out of chicken
72 comments
19 hours ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
144 comments
19 hours ago
@hiphop
register contact Follow BX @ Twitter Follow BX @ Facebook search BX privacy