iPhone stuck on black screen. Help!

most viewed right now
Article inside George Zimmerman threatens to beat hov up over Trayvon Martin documen..
76 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Jeezy wildin 😩😩😂😂😂
54 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Niggas just crucified Lil Kim
42 comments
@hiphop
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Joe Budden coming out of retirement in 2018 over amigos beef? “Enough ..
42 comments
@hiphop

section   (0 bx goons and 1 bystanders) Share this on Twitter   Share this on Facebook

Props Slaps
 5 years ago '05        #1
18292 pageviews
19 comments

ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55
space
space
$53,466 | Props total: 7111 7111
iPhone stuck on black screen. Help!

So last night, randomly, my iPhone has gotten stuck on the black screen. When I click the home or power button the screen slightly lights up, but it's still completely black. I can't actually see anything when it lights up. I've tried the Home + Power buttons together for the hard reset, still no results. Currently I am waiting for it to die so I can try and charge it and turn it back on and hope it works, but I am pretty doubtful.

Edit: The phone IS on. I can still receive calls, and it even allows me to swipe to the right to accept the call. But the screen is completely black.

19 comments for "iPhone stuck on black screen. Help!"

5 years ago '06        #3
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
try opening it up and removing the battery..and then once the battery's out, stomp on the phone and throw it and the battery in the garbage and get a superior master race android device
 5 years ago '09        #4
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
$14,072 | Props total: 1120 1120
 coolio said:
try opening it up and removing the battery..and then once the battery's out, stomp on the phone and throw it and the battery in the garbage and get a superior master race android device
No trade me your iPhone for my $9 tablet I bought the other night
 5 years ago '05        #5
ReppinDaBurghh 55 heat pts55 OP
space
space
Nope none of those worked. The last video was the closest to my problem. This is an unjailbroken phone, I wasn't attempting to jail break. I was just at the bar, spilled nothing on it, but when I went to grab it and make a call I couldn't get the screen to function properly. The phone is on and can receive calls. I can even use Siri. But the screen is just black, it lights up when I operate it, but it is still a black screen that is a lit up a bit. Can't even notice the difference unless you're in a dark room.
 5 years ago '05        #6
space
space
 coolio said:

Was anticipating this reply.
 5 years ago '09        #7
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
i dont have an iphone but is plugging it up to your pc and factory resetting it via itunes an option?

its not a hardware issue it seems so factory resetting it seems logical
 5 years ago '11        #8
XxHeAtMaKeRxX 30 heat pts30
space
space
$4,843 | Props total: 269 269
 Zaosyn said:
No trade me your iPhone for my $9 tablet I bought the other night
yea Coolio, trade your iPhone
 5 years ago '06        #9
coolio 57 heat pts57
space
space
$18,375 | Props total: 9 9
i wouldnt rip off zao like that
 5 years ago '05        #10
space
space
Apple gave me a new one for free
 5 years ago '05        #11
Fresh|B 977 heat pts977
space
space
$43,451 | Props total: 25143 25143
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
....Nice. Now That Sending You A New iPhone. Try To Back Up The Old One Incase You Got Any Important Stuff On There.

What I Would Try To Do Is Try To Restore It and See What Happens. Could Be A Glitch or It Could Be A Problem With The Screen (Loose Cable/Strip).
 5 years ago '09        #12
Zaosyn 261 heat pts261
space
space
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
Post proof
 5 years ago '05        #13
space
space
 Fresh Whyte said:
....Nice. Now That Sending You A New iPhone. Try To Back Up The Old One Incase You Got Any Important Stuff On There.

What I Would Try To Do Is Try To Restore It and See What Happens. Could Be A Glitch or It Could Be A Problem With The Screen (Loose Cable/Strip).
I got one today at the Apple store. Took about 5 minutes, the guy didn't even question me about how it happened (In all seriousness though, it was honestly out of nowhere and no damage was done to it. It's been in an otter box since day one and looked brand new outside of the case). I chilled there while he upgraded it to the latest firmware and then we synced it up over the cloud wirelessly and I got all my apps, contacts and texts back. And I hadn't performed a wired-backup through iTunes once the entire time I had it (14 months). Got all my sh*t back without ever actually going out of my way to back it up. Did it all on it's own. Went WAY better than I expected it to.

I wish they would have sent me a phone because I'd have sold the broken one for parts and had a quick little splash of pocket cash for the bars this weekend. But I'd have had to go probably a week or something without a phone, and I hate being without a phone for five minutes, so I'm happy it worked out the way it did.

Edit: And I couldn't try restoring it. When I plugged it into my computer iTunes would pop up saying it was a password locked phone (It was/is) and I needed to enter the PW on the phone and replug it in. Which was impossible for me to do. Even still, I'm almost positive that wouldn't have worked.

Actually worked out for me because I noticed a bit of lag recently in the phone. So I got a new one today for free and it'll easily last me until the 5S/6.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 12-13-2012 at 09:48 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #14
space
space
 Zaosyn said:
Post proof
What proof do you want? I only have the current phone, don't have the old one with the malfunctioning screen.

I walked in, had an appointment set up for 5 from the customer service guy over the phone. Walked in at 4:55, was taken care of in 5 minutes. Some dude said "Drop it in water or anything". I said "Nope, been in an Otterbox since the day I got it at launch. Perfect condition up until this problem".

He checked something on his little tablet/phone thing, said oh yeah you're still well within the warranty, we'll grab you a new one. Asked if I had a back-up at home, I said no. He said did you have the back-up via the cloud turned on? I said yeah, he said ok all you'll have to do is enter some passwords and you'll be good to go. Signed something with my finger on his phone/tablet and sat there for like 20 minutes while he upgraded it and it synced all my sh*t from the cloud.

Walked out with a new phone. Was hoping he'd give me the whole box/etc so I would have an extra charger so I don't have to move one from upstairs to downstairs every day, but he just gave me the phone. Walked out, didn't pay a dime.

I have the applecare protection plan but he said this didn't even qualify for it because it was a malfunction of the phone, not a fault of the user. So even without that I would have had the same experience today.

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 12-13-2012 at 10:05 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #15
space
space
Oh, but that sync from the cloud was from two days ago and it didn't sync up some high scores I got on flick golf while in the bathroom yesterday

Last edited by ReppinDaBurghh; 12-13-2012 at 09:54 PM..
 5 years ago '05        #16
space
space
Oh, and the phone was the 4S.

My manager earlier this year went in with a broken 4 and they didn't have any 4's in stock so they gave him a 4S. Was hoping something similar would happen for me but it didn't
 5 years ago '04        #17
KURUPTION!!! 541 heat pts541
space
space
$34,595 | Props total: 1014 1014
 ReppinDaBurghh said:
I have the applecare protection plan but he said this didn't even qualify for it because it was a malfuntion of the phone, not a fault of the user. So even without that I would have had the same experience today.
I always thought it was the other way around. I cracked my screen on my iPhone and they told me that the applecare plan didn't cover incidental damage. I was pissed and I never copped another warranty from them again.
 5 years ago '05        #18
space
space
 KURUPTION!!! said:
I always thought it was the other way around. I cracked my screen on my iPhone and they told me that the applecare plan didn't cover incidental damage. I was pissed and I never copped another warranty from them again.
I actually thought the same thing and I think that may be how it used to be, so I never bought it for my 3G or 3GS. But my brother got me the 4S at launch because he owed me a couple hundred. Surprised me and got me the applecare protection plan as well, for him and for me, because he's doin pretty damn well financially right now and didn't mind. Today the guy said it covers pretty much everything other than a lost phone. Even water damage. But I'd verify that with the employee before dropping your money on it on your next iPhone (If you're still an iPhone user).
 5 years ago '11        #19
rec1989 5 heat pts
space
space
$2,543 | Props total: 19 19
Yea, apple will replace your phone for a new one if you still under warranty/have AppleCare.

My boy dropped his IP5 and his screen wouldn't turn on, apple store replace it for free
 5 years ago '10        #20
purpleaxxe 114 heat pts114
space
space
$1,257 | Props total: 77 77
 rec1989 said:
Yea, apple will replace your phone for a new one if you still under warranty/have AppleCare.

My boy dropped his IP5 and his screen wouldn't turn on, apple store replace it for free

I dropped my iphone 4 about a year ago as I was walking into my office. sh*t hit the concrete really hard. Blew out the speaker and mic on my phone, but the phone didn't show any signs of physical damage due to the otterbox i had on it. Took it to the Apple store that evening, walked out with a brand new iphone.
Home      

most viewed right now
Erykah badu shows that fur burger
76 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Might let her meet the parents
69 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Chick Rants About Only Liking Hood Guys! "I Love When I see A N*gga Glo..
189 comments
1 day ago
@wild'ish
most viewed right now
NBA Did This NBA Announcer Stole Boxden Lingo?
27 comments
18 hours ago
@sports
most viewed right now
Image(s) inside Dec 15 - Amazon may have just dropped a clue about the home of its new..
77 comments
23 hours ago
@news
most viewed right now
Phat ass white girl for real
63 comments
20 hours ago
@thotsdimesetc
most viewed right now
Video inside Get abused in an employee meeting brehs lol
54 comments
23 hours ago